Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I’ve seen the solo tank clears of P2S and it does feel like it’s a lot of extra work for not much gain. Especially since with higher ilvl the enrage is really not an issue anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
We have “experiment with solo tanking P2S” as something on our list of things to try after we clear act 2 of the final fight. Right now it isn’t worth the learning curve wipes. Coherence is the big issue as all the tank busters are easy to mitigate.

Solo heal P1S is just “stomp eric to the ground” time and is so much faster than anything else.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN/status/1499353899265757185?t=RufzGTXom4YKC-RqQi0E7g&s=19

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Are the 2B outfit coffers from the first NieR raid on a daily/weekly lockout or can I attempt for them per run?

Then again if I keep getting groups like the one last night that really, really struggled to understand the Engels fight I might not even bother :shepface:

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

SteelMentor posted:

Are the 2B outfit coffers from the first NieR raid on a daily/weekly lockout or can I attempt for them per run?

Then again if I keep getting groups like the one last night that really, really struggled to understand the Engels fight I might not even bother :shepface:

Per run

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

SteelMentor posted:

Lockouts for non-savage are personal, if you don't get something, you can run it until you do.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Ah good, thanks.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

an AST solo healed the entire raid tier week 1 so clearly we're all just playing suboptimally by bringing multiple healers at all

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/Tofuklops/status/1499360831351537667

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am having a very hard time parsing that picture of what I assume is a lancer.

wodenspoon
May 2, 2018

Pollyanna posted:

I am having a very hard time parsing that picture of what I assume is a lancer.

It is--he's a FATE fight in one of the first HW zones. I stop to do that FATE every single time I'm there and it's available. The team that designs the FATEs in general seems to have a lot of fun with the tongue-in-cheek humor.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

He’s also doing the circle of thorns animation, RIP PBUH taken from us too soon

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

wodenspoon posted:

It is--he's a FATE fight in one of the first HW zones. I stop to do that FATE every single time I'm there and it's available. The team that designs the FATEs in general seems to have a lot of fun with the tongue-in-cheek humor.

It's great dude is mad because people made fun of "Alaimbert of the Spiked Butt" so he's just out there challenging people to a fight.

wodenspoon
May 2, 2018

Electric Phantasm posted:

It's great dude is mad because people made fun of "Alaimbert of the Spiked Butt" so he's just out there challenging people to a fight.

It's so good. Even the other NPCs there are in on the joke. The hardest part of the FATE is pressing the right button while my eyes are glued to the chat window for his incoming banter.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ibblebibble posted:

It's not about mitigation, it's just that Holmgang cd is low enough for warrior to solo the first and third dualbusters in both part 1 and part 2 while the offtank can invul the second.

Ah, that'd do it. Any time WAR gets called out I assume Bloodwhetting and completely forgot Holmgang's on a short timer.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Every time I start the game and it sings that song at the starting screen, I'm reminded that we have yet to rush into a chirurgeon's office, be directed to the receptionist's right, speak with the healer and then find our eternally bonded partner crying on the bed.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

What's a good glam for SMNs book? Thinking huge book with some effects, but will try anything cool. I'd rather just buy than farm so no need for some extra rare thing in a savage dungeon

I'm on Excal if anyone has something

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The lv87 dungeon book is really cool but if farming is a no go then eh

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I like the Bluespirit book but it’s not that fancy, just blue crystal. And all the bluespirit weapons don’t dye well if you don’t like blue.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

Barreft posted:

What's a good glam for SMNs book? Thinking huge book with some effects, but will try anything cool. I'd rather just buy than farm so no need for some extra rare thing in a savage dungeon

Could always look into the crafted primal weapons if you're looking for some particular flavor. I always like either Byakko or Zurvan's effects on any weapon, and the books are no exception.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Or do the whole HW relic grind just so you'll look cool in this moment in the Endwalker showdown.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

It was just a spur of the moment thought cause I'm tired of looking at my regular book. I don't mind farming for a good one when I have the time

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Allarion posted:

Or do the whole HW relic grind just so you'll look cool in this moment in the Endwalker showdown.

How do I start? I play MMOs stoned as balls so I forget so much. I'm going through HW NG+ now just to remember the story, but Elden Ring is taking up most of that time

e:

hopeandjoy posted:

I like the Bluespirit book but it’s not that fancy, just blue crystal. And all the bluespirit weapons don’t dye well if you don’t like blue.

Tried it, too small. I need a honker

Barreft fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 4, 2022

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Bear in mind, relic grind is still a pretty large timesink and tomestone sink, so it's best done over time using your surplus poetics rather than all at once, barring light farming, so you don't burn yourself out.

This will list out the steps, https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Anima_Weapons,

but you can also use this just to keep track of where you're at,

https://ffxivrelictracker.com

Do look into just previewing books off the market-board though. Most dungeon books don't stand out that much outside of the one from Ktisis Hyperboreia, due to their nature of being books, so more likely you can find a decent book off the MB.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Allarion posted:

Bear in mind, relic grind is still a pretty large timesink and tomestone sink, so it's best done over time using your surplus poetics rather than all at once, barring light farming, so you don't burn yourself out.

This will list out the steps, https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Anima_Weapons,

but you can also use this just to keep track of where you're at,

https://ffxivrelictracker.com

Do look into just previewing books off the market-board though. Most dungeon books don't stand out that much outside of the one from Ktisis Hyperboreia, due to their nature of being books, so more likely you can find a decent book off the MB.

Looked around, Word of the Demon works for now. the 90 Classical Index is pretty boring so that's good

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Barreft posted:

I really like the Tsukuyomi book, it folds out these extra panels on the side when it opens, and has a really nice glow effect. Also the Book of the Round or whatever is called, which has a built-in reading light.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Begemot posted:

I really like the Tsukuyomi book, it folds out these extra panels on the side when it opens, and has a really nice glow effect. Also the Book of the Round or whatever is called, which has a built-in reading light.

drat that's nice

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

pinax is hard. thank's

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Begemot posted:

This is the best book they have, yeah. The Byakko book is also solid, but harder to glam around because it’s white. I love the ink brush effects for a book weapon, tho.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Now what are the cool gunblade glams?

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Electric Phantasm posted:

Now what are the cool gunblade glams?

The King's gunblade is really nice.

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I mean if you've built your Buff/CD timers around one specific set of classes then it's a bit tricky to on the fly shuffle for a one night shuffle.

Class balance, even now, is still pretty good and everything can clear anything combo wise.

My static is running SGE and DRK/GNB with a MCH and BLM for learning and we're getting by fine.
the other tanks can't soak the 1/3/5 tankbusters in P2S and just heal themselves back to full before the next raidwide without giving up any DPS. thrill->bloodwhetting->equilibrium->lmaoo, optionally shake it off after the next big raidwide.

Hyper Inferno posted:

TBN is a 25% max HP shield, which on a tank is roughly equivalent to 1500 potency worth of HP healing. Oblation is 10% and is probably the fair comparison here because DRK gets it at 82 alongside all the other tanks getting their upgraded short cd and duration defensives at that level as well.

This should show why people think DRKs are squishier in dungeons because their short defensive mit is quite a bit weaker than the other classes. And why even against single target, WAR mitigation is crazy good not even taking into account the natural synergy it has with its own Thrill of Battle.
My favorite easy-to-view comparison of tank mitigation:

GNB's party and personal mitigation are as bad as DRK (which is why their personal DPS is also higher than PLD/WAR), but superbolide doesn't demand your healers heal you to full or else. It's really problematic that the clearly best tank (WAR) and clearly worst tank (DRK) are actually the best and worst at all levels. DRK is not just worse in dungeons which "don't matter", it's also a little worse than all the other tanks if you're trying to prog savage content and they at least need LD to be fixed. There are lots of ways to make it not suck rear end and square just needs to pick one. My favorite idea is you get healed to full after taking lethal damage OR you can use it as a rez on another party member. and speaking as a WAR main, bloodwhetting would still be a fine ability if it didn't trigger more than once per attack, the current implementation is just insane.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Barreft posted:

drat that's nice

drat it's SCH only, not SMN as well

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Barreft posted:

drat it's SCH only, not SMN as well

What? No there's a SMN version, that's what I use.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I like my holy book. It even has a hand grenade.

Level 87 dungeon

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

The worst raid tanks are actually paladin and warrior cause they do less damage

Frida Call Me
Sep 28, 2001

Boy, you gotta carry that weight
Carry that weight a long time
the worst raid tanks are dark knights because their invulns and short mits are both hot garbage

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

gently caress I was about to go to sleep when I looked at Twitter and was reminded the live letter is in 30.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Just a heads up for anyone else that missed it in the latest announcement about the Live Letter: There won't be any live translation this time. It'll all be in Japanese, except the slides that will have both Japanese and English.

The last time I watched one that was Japanese only I kept an eye on the Nova Crystallis Twitter account since it seemed they did a decent job with their own semi-live translations. Is there anything else I should check out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Onean posted:

Just a heads up for anyone else that missed it in the latest announcement about the Live Letter: There won't be any live translation this time. It'll all be in Japanese, except the slides that will have both Japanese and English.

Ahh I forgot this important bit. Bed and a ton of posts tomorrow await