Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Harrow posted:

Did you talk to the lady who turns boss souls into weapons? If so I have no idea how you missed it.

If you haven't talked to her, there's a new door open in Roundtable Hold you should go through.

The lady who does what to the what? I swear I have no idea what's happening 90% of the time in this, even by From standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Harrow posted:

Question about weapon art scaling:

Do weapon arts scale with whatever the weapon does, or do they have their own scaling? For example, the frost stomp move. The cold infusion you can apply with those ashes adds magic damage and scales with Int, but if I leave it standard, does it just scale with the weapon damage, or does the weapon art itself scale with Int?

It definitely doesnt scale with Int - I have barely any, and it still owns when i stick it on a weapon. I guess it's scaling with the weapon level/damage (which may include the stat bonus the weapon has)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Disco Pope posted:

The lady who does what to the what? I swear I have no idea what's happening 90% of the time in this, even by From standards.

There's a lady in Roundtable Hold who you can trade boss remambrances to for weapons and sometimes spells. She's through one of the doors in Roundtable Hold which opens immediately after you kill your first shardbearer (probably Godrick).

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

codo27 posted:

I didn't encounter Patches until he was a boss fight. I'm doing good on stonesword keys though and scarcely haven't had enough when I needed them.

Is the boss fight where you go into a cave with white mist and loot a chest and he jumps down and stabs you in the rear end?

That's the only encounter I've had with him :shrug: He started to beg for his life but I assume he would've just attacked me if I showed mercy so he's dead jim

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I have never not killed Patches. I haven’t found him again yet but I will murder his rear end the second I do

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Sab669 posted:

That's the only encounter I've had with him :shrug: He started to beg for his life but I assume he would've just attacked me if I showed mercy so he's dead jim

I hate to break it to you but no, he would have become a vendor but not anymore lmao

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Does anyone know where Patches goes to after you agree to Spare him and he becomes a merchant? I certainyl didn't buy everything he has (hurting for more stoneword keys) but he wasn't back in the cave...only that "special chest" he talked about that I knew would be trapped but I opened anyway and got transported right in front of a giant Murder Bear.

He's on Scenic Isle in the second major area, Liurnia of the Lakes.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

The Radahn fight is a cool concept but after 20 minutes of retrying I am quite tired of the opening...

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I have never not killed Patches. I haven’t found him again yet but I will murder his rear end the second I do

He didn't beg for his life when I encountered him, he outright ordered me to stand and deliver. Once he was nearly dead though he began to beg

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I never met Patches :(

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I am so incredibly curious what the actual list of required critical path bosses is in Elden Ring because I bet it's a hilariously small percentage of the actual number of bosses.

I always liked that in Bloodborne fewer than half of the bosses are actually required (not counting the DLC) even if you don't do any sequence breaking or glitching, and Elden Ring seems like it's even more extreme in that regard.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Baggot posted:

He's on Scenic Isle in the second major area, Liurnia of the Lakes.

I finally found this spot but he's not there anymore, probably because i beat rennala. Amy idea where he goes next?

I only realized last night i missed almost all the stuff in the lake itself because i took a waygate that zipped me straight to the academy entrance

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Random questions I can't find on the wiki and not sure if anyone else is having the same issues/knowledgeable:

- Is anyone else getting constant "Network errors" when doing Co-Op? I have no connection issues, invasions seem to work fine, summoning others seems to work fine, but when I am summoned I get a network error probably 40% of the time at random points. Sometimes it is 30 seconds after being summoned and sometimes it is 5 minutes later.

- Has anybody found/does anyone know what some of the best endgame/higher level heavy armor, greatsword/strength weapons, talisman, or great shields are? The fextralife wiki seems to be missing tons of pieces of gear.

I've been using the Banished Greatsword for about 90% of my playtime with no real upgrade for a pure strength build that plays like a greatsword/claymore.

I just found the very heavy/fatman armor set in the capital and have been using that; except for the helmet.

I've been mostly using the same talisman for the entire game.

I've been using the wolf statue headgear that gives 2 endurance for about 90% of the game.

There's got to be better stuff, but wiki is pretty barren for stuff in the second half of the game and I just haven't run across any.

- Does altering your clothing with the sewing need or "demigod" needle do anything besides a very small cosmetic change?

I also have no clue what qualifies as demigod clothing. I'm assuming it is only the boss items you can buy?

- Has anyone done the Gargoyle boss in the aquaduct?

He seems to be permanently bugged for me. He just sits on the cliff and never comes down.

- Upgrading your shield allegedly increases the guard boost/reduces stamina drain, but I haven't seen it go up with any upgrades.

I stopped wasting materials after +3, so maybe you need several upgrades to get one point (which may not even be worth it).

- The guy in charge of the Hold has a daughter that you speak to and start a quest line with. I got up to the step where I found her at the village being sad. I exhausted all dialogue and she left, but never came back to the Hold.

The wiki says she should come back there, but she hasn't come back and isn't anywhere on the map.

The hug lady is also supposed to give you a quest and an item to give to D, but she has never given it to me and I can't seem to trigger it.

- Has anyone definitively worked out the soft caps for the stats yet?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The fingers lady is in the room in the back. I never even bothered to check there cause I assumed that room was gonna be a major late game area so I just never crossed my mind to even check there again.

Also I'm in her room: Gross.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Funky Valentine posted:

The really is no grace between the bridge and getting deep into Redmane, huh.

If you want to make your life so, so much easier, come back after you unlock the Altus Plateau

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Harrow posted:

I am so incredibly curious what the actual list of required critical path bosses is in Elden Ring because I bet it's a hilariously small percentage of the actual number of bosses.

I always liked that in Bloodborne fewer than half of the bosses are actually required (not counting the DLC) even if you don't do any sequence breaking or glitching, and Elden Ring seems like it's even more extreme in that regard.

If you want the "bad" ending, you can finish the game with about 11 bosses.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Arist posted:

If you want to make your life so, so much easier, come back after you unlock the Altus Plateau

Too late, those 15k souls belong to the bats now, I hope they spend them wisely.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
This is going to sound like a bitter grapes conspiracy theory, but is it possible Radahn is behaving different on different systems? I gave him about 30 tries before just downloading a cheat table and moving on with the game and in precisely zero of them could I get him to behave the way he did in strategy videos. He was moving too fast for my brain to parse his attacks, I couldn't do the horse in the butt trick because he would swivel on a dime. I've never had this experience with a souls boss before. Even the legendarily hard bosses like Nameless King always felt like they behaved in a way I could at least *read* if not always react to but I swear my Radahn was on some Elden Cocaine bullshit compared to most of the videos I watched.

Whatever, glad he's gone because Nokron is increeeedible.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

What triggers an invasion by an NPC? I just had a real spooky moment where I found the Smouldering Church. I waited til morning and the music got real spooky. I went to jump on my horse but got kicked off, then Anastasia invaded

Captain Stalin
May 11, 2004

Have no fear, the Captain is here!
Are there any easy to grab +5 somber stones around? I'd love to snag one for a bit of an extra power boost.

Also, if you have no idea what kinda build to make (mild sword spoilers) the Sword of The night and the Flame is god drat ridiculous. Wide fire for groups, big rear end laser beam for bosses, I love it. Needing both 24 int and faith lets me access a swiss army knife's worth of spells and incantations to boot, I'm really enjoying it right now.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Macaluso posted:

The fingers lady is in the room in the back. I never even bothered to check there cause I assumed that room was gonna be a major late game area so I just never crossed my mind to even check there again.

Also I'm in her room: Gross.

Yup. That's the Two Fingers. Makes me wonder a bit about that whole religion...

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

What triggers an invasion by an NPC? I just had a real spooky moment where I found the Smouldering Church. I waited til morning and the music got real spooky. I went to jump on my horse but got kicked off, then Anastasia invaded

There's fixed story/location spots that they always spawn in. Some of them have to be at night/day and won't appear at the other time, though.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Shoehead posted:

I alt tabbed back into the game yesterday and chopped Boc in half. I still feel bad

the rat man tailor!? you sick gently caress!!!

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
I just realized that I took the time to buy the Special Item from Patches but never bothered to use it in the boss fight...

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

That Dang Dad posted:

This is going to sound like a bitter grapes conspiracy theory, but is it possible Radahn is behaving different on different systems? I gave him about 30 tries before just downloading a cheat table and moving on with the game and in precisely zero of them could I get him to behave the way he did in strategy videos. He was moving too fast for my brain to parse his attacks, I couldn't do the horse in the butt trick because he would swivel on a dime. I've never had this experience with a souls boss before. Even the legendarily hard bosses like Nameless King always felt like they behaved in a way I could at least *read* if not always react to but I swear my Radahn was on some Elden Cocaine bullshit compared to most of the videos I watched.

Whatever, glad he's gone because Nokron is increeeedible.

i think there's just a lot of variance in that fight depending on who he targets and what attacks he uses

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Zodack posted:

Curious, is there a way to get into Volcano Manor without joining them? It didn't feel like it but when I did join everyone was like "ah... you're a hosed up blasphemer now, and you have to eat Tarnished, also murder this guy, and remember when you die you will be defiled and forgotten" and I'm like brother I am just here to kill Rykard, talk to Diallos, and maybe figure out how to get to the Volcano basin

I got in through the secret entrance.

Patches will drop some unlikely-sounding thing about hopping inside a Maiden of some kind (Maiden Abductor). You will be inclined not to believe him.

In Raya Lucaria, if you come from the debate high side (Debate Hall or the grace before it?), walk to the side that is taking platforms down and ride that all the way to the bottom. There will be a few items and a lonely little Maiden Abductor there. You want to fight and dodge it until it does its grab attack, and then let it eat you. You'll wake up in Volcano Manor.

Now, I haven't killed the bosses there yet, so I have no idea if this will let you access the main story portion of the manor. But there definitely is another way in.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

- Has anybody found/does anyone know what some of the best endgame/higher level heavy armor, greatsword/strength weapons, talisman, or great shields are? The fextralife wiki seems to be missing tons of pieces of gear.

I've been using the Banished Greatsword for about 90% of my playtime with no real upgrade for a pure strength build that plays like a greatsword/claymore.

I just found the very heavy/fatman armor set in the capital and have been using that; except for the helmet.

I've been mostly using the same talisman for the entire game.

I've been using the wolf statue headgear that gives 2 endurance for about 90% of the game.

There's got to be better stuff, but wiki is pretty barren for stuff in the second half of the game and I just haven't run across any.

The Jelly Great Shield is pretty good and can be picked up at any time north of the four belfry’s. The Gilded Greatshield is heavy but really good, random rare drop from the great shield dudes at the very first ruin (or wherever else they spawn).

You can buy Radahn’s armor from the boss armor lady in the roundtable and craft his Greatswords from the remembrance. The grafted colossal sword from Morne castle hits like a truck if you have the 40str to wield it (less if 2 handing it)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Radahn was pretty annoying but (mostly) not unbelievably so with the help of the summons. The start was pretty annoying with how hard the arrows track and how they seem literally undodgeable on horseback, but the real bullshit to me was the meteorites in his second phase. Just one of them dealt 95% of my health in damage, and if I'm getting hit by one I'm getting hit by at least two. The only "consistent" way I found to dodge them was to be on the opposite side of a dune so they launched into the ground, which means the entire time the meteorites were up I was running away, not doing damage. I eventually gave up on that and just DPS raced his second phase before he could launch them at me.

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011

Scholtz posted:

I do love how many bosses talk smack in this game

I made sure to use the point down gesture as a clapback after beating Margit's rear end.

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Harrow posted:

Yup. That's the Two Fingers. Makes me wonder a bit about that whole religion...

i'm still early-ish in the game, but i'm wondering what kinda hosed up poo poo you guys have come across, because i keep reading things like this. i mean, it's weird that 2 husks of old ladies are sitting in roundtable hold, but like, that kinda thing is all over Catholicism too?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Radahn's arrows taught me about horse dismount iframes so it wasnt all bad.

Would love a mod that let R3 be mount as well as dismount.

doctor iono
May 19, 2005

I LARVA YOU

Harrow posted:

12 by my count? granted like more than half of these guys are in the last third or quarter of the game. BIG SPOILERS:

Margit
Godrick
Rennala
Draconic Tree Sentinel
Godfrey #1
Morgott
Fire Giant
Godskin Duo
Maliketh
Gideon
Godfrey #2
Radagon / Elden Beast

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Horseback on Radahn’s start felt like a trap. Rolling forward through the arrows is pretty drat easy given how long of a flight they have. You dodge maybe 3 of them on the way to the summons then he switches to the rain of arrows then melee. I had more trouble surviving his Valstrax comet bomb than anything else since I genuinely couldn’t tell where he was coming from or landing on.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc

No Wave posted:

R3 be mount

WHAT

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I meant L3. L3 is dismount, I want it to be mount too.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
is there anything in particular I have to do to make the loooooathsome DUNG EATER show up? I’ve already got Roderika’s shop

WAY TO GO WAMPA!!
Oct 27, 2007

:slick: :slick: :slick: :slick:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Horseback on Radahn’s start felt like a trap. Rolling forward through the arrows is pretty drat easy given how long of a flight they have. You dodge maybe 3 of them on the way to the summons then he switches to the rain of arrows then melee. I had more trouble surviving his Valstrax comet bomb than anything else since I genuinely couldn’t tell where he was coming from or landing on.
It absolutely is imo, much easier to dodge roll those sniper shots. Though I say that as someone who has only done a bunch of runs on him and has only actually damaged him once. But I can get up to him like a fuckin champ!

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Big game spoiler possibly but uh

you can respec at some point???? :stare: game changer if true

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

KrunkMcGrunk posted:

the rat man tailor!? you sick gently caress!!!

It was while he was beaten up and crying for his mom too I got too used to tabbing in and out of the Roundtable Hold were you can't attack, so even though I did a bit of his quest I guess I'll be seeing him in another game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

That Dang Dad posted:

This is going to sound like a bitter grapes conspiracy theory, but is it possible Radahn is behaving different on different systems? I gave him about 30 tries before just downloading a cheat table and moving on with the game and in precisely zero of them could I get him to behave the way he did in strategy videos.

It's not impossible, I guess -- I remember Bloodborne had a weird memory leak issue where if you left the game running for a long time without exiting and relaunching, boss AI would glitch our and they'd only use a portion of their movesets. It hasn't happened in any other games though to my knowledge, and I think it's more likely that all the variables at play with the summons in that fight make his aggro and targeting really inconsistent and unpredictable.