Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
There's a "training area" option that unlocks later on that covers gems, engravings, faceting and honing that also gives a cosmetic headpiece for completing, so that's probably worth reviewing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
Not wanting to end my abyssal dungeon run with a terrible loss earlier today before the reset. I decided to give it another shot. Ended up in a 4 man premade with 4 randoms. The premade had 3 people who had done the dungeon before and was carrying one of their friends who was new. Us 4 were there to fill the roster. After a couple of wipes to people messing up mechanics, we managed to kill the boss!

Walked away with a lot of goodies that ended up selling for a lot of gold. These engraving books sell for 500-700g each. Now do I want to do it again next reset with all the struggling for a bit of gold? Yes I''ll do it again.

On another note the yellow crafted gear from abyssal dungeons is a pretty nice upgrade lookwise from the blue and purple ones.

We got the scarf back. Also the new accessories managed to boost my igniter rank up to 15 and now I have level 3.

It's too bad all my stones and accessories will be replaced in T3 so I have to do this all over again. But at the rate of my honing, it'll probably be a couple of weeks since I only get 1 upgrade a day with the amount of failures.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Lorem ipsum posted:

So whats the 411 on gunlancer specs? My gut tells me that combat readiness gunlancer is throwing because lone knight gets the same utility with more damage. Is there some mechanic later that requires a tanky boy?

Blue gunlancer is cheaper in the long run.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Hyper Inferno posted:

You'll need 17,320 Gienah's Coins to buy the most valuable collectibles from that currency.

Two Giant's Hearts, two emotes, and a song.

The Giant's Hearts are at Blackfang and Freedom Isle, the two emotes are also at Freedom Isle, and the song is at Starlight Isle after finishing the quest.

Additionally, there's a bunch of maps and masterpieces that can be purchased but those are much lower priority IMO.

https://lostarkcodex.com/us/item/58000146/

Got to the Used to Buy tab and sort by most expensive to calculate how much you'll need for what you want.

If you just need coins, convert the chests into Sun Coins instead of Gienah Coins because those trade for 20 instead of 10. Either way, I believe you'll need to farm a ton of coins eventually once the chests run dry.

A good place currently to dump pirate coins weekly is on Atlas Island. There's a merchant that randomly spawns that sells 3x blue class engraving chests for 2000 coins weekly which if you pick a popular class's popular build can sell for a lot of gold. Paladin, sorceress, bard, and berserker class engraving tomes tend to go for a lot on the marketboard.

Been stuck on a Fermata side quest because I need one of the emotes from Blackfang. Who knows what it'll ask for after that, I'm guessing the other one as well. The devs really like to gate side quest progression behind emotes and songs the player might not have acquired yet.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Lone Knight
+ great damage, one of the best stagger capabilities in the game, great utility, second most durable class in the game after Combat Readiness Gunlancer
- miserable mobility, hard-to-hit skills (almost every skill you use is some variation of long, narrow melee cone that locks you into a pretty slow animation), most of your skills do extra damage when hitting the front of the boss which means you kinda have to facetank for optimal performance, while not being nearly as good at facetanking as Combat Readiness Gunlancer, so you have to actually learn boss mechanics, learn to dodge, learn to manage your shield meter and turn it on and off as situation demands, etc...

Combat Readiness
+ solid damage, still great stagger capabilities, great utility, great mobility, most durable class in the game, easy-to-hit skills
- lower damage and stagger than Lone Knight Gunlancer and you don't actually learn boss mechanics because you just kinda pop shield and then pretty much roll your face on the keyboard in front of the boss until it dies, ignoring 95% of thing it does. :v:

You will run taunt, AoE Shield and Bash with defense reduction Tripod on both specs, so their utility is more or less the same. IIRC in Korea, Combat Readiness is vastly preferred, because the bosses will get a lot harder to hit due to their mobility and mechanics and Lone Knight Gunlancer will begin to struggle to actually land their skills on them, so Combat Readiness will also do more damage and stagger in practice, but I think the Western release is not at that point yet, so they are more or less equal for current content.

Great thanks for this!

e: Ok cheaper is good, i'm sold

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I had to give up on pugging Yoho. I just can't find a group that can do it. And everything in the party finder is a carry for gold payment. So I killed the turtle. Yoho is only killable with a guild group, apparently.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I 2-manned Yoho with a buddy but I don't recommend it because it was the opposite of fun

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
I vastly prefer combat readiness for most group content because it lets you focus on the 3 most important jobs you have as a gunlancer:

1) Countering any counterable ability - This is a massive damage increase for your group and reduces the damage they take by causing the boss to have downtime. You can skip entire mechanics on harder bosses

2) Meeting any stagger check - You can do 50-75% of almost every stagger check. Being able to give zero fucks about what the boss is doing while stopping these is very important

3) Consistently moving the stagger bar - This + #1 ensure that the boss has the most uptime of extra damage taken + most downtime of abilities

It's good to do as much damage as possible while doing the above but on a lot of bosses getting consistent counters will provide more value to the party and make the encounter end quicker than if you did 50% more damage.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Lorem ipsum posted:

So whats the 411 on gunlancer specs? My gut tells me that combat readiness gunlancer is throwing because lone knight gets the same utility with more damage. Is there some mechanic later that requires a tanky boy?

combat readiness is really excellent for morons and boomers. i have literally no awareness of what's going on in the fight. i'm just blissed out, smiling vaguely at the screen with my eyes unfocused and a thin silver thread of drool hanging off my lower lip. a giant turtle gets very angry at me and tries to kill me. he cannot. i see a button on my hotbar turn from grey to blue and i hammer it without thought or reason. i have no idea the button does. it doesn't matter. i collect my loot and i have learned nothing. i probably got mvp.

highly recommend, a++ spec

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I 2-manned Yoho with a buddy but I don't recommend it because it was the opposite of fun

I did the same on my sorc with my friend’s Paladin. We were never in danger of dying, constantly pumping out max damage. We killed it with 59 seconds left.

My one attempt on the next boss with a group of randoms has made me think I’m done with guardian raids for a while.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I've fought Yoho a couple times and really didn't find it anywhere near as bad as some of the other fights. Maybe it's because I'm a (good) bard and everyone's shielded most of the time but the only real fucker of that fight for me was the fireballs that come from the sky because if you get hit by one you're basically stunlocked into getting hit by a whole bunch of them.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I did Yoho in matchmaking last night and we killed it, but it was real lucky. I saw one other person take the buff from the fire breath/orbs and we still ended with one mayhem warrior with a sliver of health.

I also did the spooky castle abyssals. Used party finder for these though and got two groups that were actually communicating. The pattern for T1 abyss dungeons seems to be that the first one is fun with interesting mechanics, and the second one is the absolute opposite of fun.

gently caress those magic boulders. I know I’m supposed to get the boss hit by the red meteor thing, but I’m constantly knocked backed and slowed. The first time she did it, we ended the phase pretty quick. Idk if the rocks get faster the second time or what but it took foreeeeeever. We kept missing her by just a bit.

The point the light beam at someone thing is so loving finicky too, even when everyone understands what they need to do. We kept going too far and then too close and oops out of time. Used up almost all my whirlwind bombs too 😠

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I really recommend setting your cards with elemental/fire dmg resistance for Yoko, you can get around 15-20% assuming it does stack so the fight was a lot easier.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Soothing Vapors posted:

combat readiness is really excellent for morons and boomers. i have literally no awareness of what's going on in the fight. i'm just blissed out, smiling vaguely at the screen with my eyes unfocused and a thin silver thread of drool hanging off my lower lip. a giant turtle gets very angry at me and tries to kill me. he cannot. i see a button on my hotbar turn from grey to blue and i hammer it without thought or reason. i have no idea the button does. it doesn't matter. i collect my loot and i have learned nothing. i probably got mvp.

highly recommend, a++ spec

Making me wanna roll a GL with this post

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Abyss Seto is maybe the best fight in the game I’ve seen. Like a dozen significant attack patterns that you kinda need to know but only one or two that will straight gently caress your team. Goofy as poo poo. Also after the bullshit at around 2-3 healthbars there’s a good chance the 1-2 people left standing when half the team screws it up can muscle through the last of him while everyone else cheers them on

Good fight

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Some quick notes as someone had once asked where are some good places to life skill leveling.

I've found 3 islands that seem to fit the bill in terms of normal life skill work that isn't stronghold specific locks. Two are a bit competitive though so keep that in mind.

Hunting: Crescent Isle - bunnies about and the only actual aggressive mob are the constructs. The crabs and turtles are red, but won't react to you
Relic: Golden Wave Island - No mobs, so you can just run around with the scanner going. However, it feels like there are only a couple of spawn spots, so this won't be an efficient use of your time perhaps
Mining, Foraging, and Logging: Lullaby Island - If you haven't been here yet, you will soon get to know this island as it is where the quest to get forest minuet is found and played out. Get your pirate coins up for Song of Resonance at Peyto and then get to know this island and its event happening every other hour. Like the others, there are no mobs which is surprising considering the density here. You do not need either song for gathering I should add. Just that forest minuet has a use on the world map along with resonance so worth getting them done while here skilling.

Fishing: I feel like this is one where commenting is silly as any port has a fishing spot that'll be carefree anyway.

JuffoWup fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Mar 3, 2022

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

JuffoWup posted:

Relic: Golden Wave Island - No mobs, so you can just run around with the scanner going. However, it feels like there are only a couple of spawn spots, so this won't be an efficient use of your time perhaps

I also spent a number of hours on golden wave island. If you play at prime-time find somewhere else. The island literally can't support more than 1 person relic hunting at a time. Its decent however if you are the only person there and get a good loop going.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I've started to run out of potions and wanted to give this tip to anyone gathering for themselves to craft them. The level 10 flowers (exquisite x) do on average give substantially more flowers per energy than the basic ones, so if you're doing Lullaby Island for all three focus only on the high tier ones.

I'm going to spend some time today searching for a farming location that has a majority level 10 since the T2 main continents seem to have majority level 20 instead.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Hyper Inferno posted:

I've started to run out of potions and wanted to give this tip to anyone gathering for themselves to craft them. The level 10 flowers (exquisite x) do on average give substantially more flowers per energy than the basic ones, so if you're doing Lullaby Island for all three focus only on the high tier ones.

I'm going to spend some time today searching for a farming location that has a majority level 10 since the T2 main continents seem to have majority level 20 instead.

Whatever you're going to craft, you're better off selling your mats on the AH and buying blue crystals and buying chests of potions from Mari.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
...is that still true now, when the cost of 100 crystals is nearing 1k gold? :raise:

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

...is that still true now, when the cost of 100 crystals is nearing 1k gold? :raise:

It's not even close, mats are stupid expensive.

ETA: To be clear, if it were 2000 gold per 100 blue crystals, the cost per blue pot would be 10g. The crafting cost for a blue pot is like 14g right now.

M. Night Skymall fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Mar 3, 2022

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I don't see potion chests from Mari or her history, do they appear very rarely?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

it's not a good idea to buy materials for upgrading your gear. its too expensive for what you get. the economy right now is completely hosed.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Hyper Inferno posted:

I don't see potion chests from Mari or her history, do they appear very rarely?

There's a healing battle item chest [5] for sale multiple times a day.

There are two tabs on Mari, one is Enhancement Rec. One is "Wartorn/Trade Skill Rec."...click that other one.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Got it, thanks. Looks like I'll be selling all the mats I gather from now on.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hyper Inferno posted:

Got it, thanks. Looks like I'll be selling all the mats I gather from now on.

Yeah now is a good time to sell everything. There are lots of stupid whales that will buy up every mat in order to get to Tier 3 as fast as possible.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I don't want to turn this game into a spreadsheet simulator, but I did find this tool to help calculate whether to buy things off the market or through Mari's shop.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hK36txbZBqMDfL5BTrCOKdLW6iWSGRTJeauYvgIWnOI/edit#gid=1430910144

Make a copy and save that copy and enter in the prices for your server. I might take some time to figure out how to add in the relative costs for potion crafting as well although it'd be a while.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/march-3-2022-update

I've only seen the T1/T2 parts of these changes but I like them. Should be much less instances of "the random player in your group can't do mechanics and you wipe 30 seconds into every fight" while things still being challenging if you're doing them around ilevel

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Disappointed that green HP pots still aren't marketable but the T1/T2 changes are great for alt grinding.

There needs to be a change on the reset vote position since having it pop up in the middle of the screen interrupts combat pretty significantly and there's often that 1 person who just wants to give up every time something small goes wrong.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I'm liking the patch notes. It makes things much more lenient.

Updated the Phantom Legion King Illusion Sword summon attack pattern.
As the swords follow the players, if a player receives two stacks they will incur damage and upon reaching three stacks, they will die.

Like for this one. Two swords doesn't wipe the group. You're allowed a little bit of mistake. This also gives you more time to stagger the boss if you're lacking and eat two swords.

Changed Tytalos’ attack that collects sand energy and explodes from a wipe mechanic to a high-damage attack.

Or that one where its not an instant wipe. It was impossible to matchmake this boss because everyone kept dying. I ended up having to solo it.

Decreased the amount of damage required for the Stagger phase when Ephernia appears in Stage 3 of Hildebrandt Palace.

Yes please! This was the boss I had the most issue on because the stagger check was so strict in a matchmaking group. Everything else was fair.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
I added some additional rows to the spreadsheet for potions compared to Mari's shop on my own copy. On Rohendal, this ends up being about 150% more efficient for green, 200% more efficient for blue, and about 165% more efficient for purple at current market prices for flowers and gold->crystal exchange. 150% more efficient means 2.5x the green potions for the gold as opposed to crafting them myself so definitely looks like I'll be doing that.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
I was ready to be sad about the T1/T2 nerfs, but I agree with every single patch note. Totally fair to change most one-shots to 'heavy damage' instead, and make a bunch of things clearer and less "react within a second or die".

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
FYI gold has been inflating and will only continue to inflate at kinda insane rates so those that have been selling all their mats non-stop without re-investing the gold or buying crystals when they were cheaper may at the end of the day be sitting on a stockpile that just dwindles to worthlessness. Use your gold now to re-invest or get crystals, don't just hoard it.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

At least so far most of the matchmaking/partyfinder experience for me has been 1/2 good players carrying 2/3 subpar players (sometimes I'm the bad player) so making it less obnoxious for those good players is a positive.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Akumos posted:

FYI gold has been inflating and will only continue to inflate at kinda insane rates so those that have been selling all their mats non-stop without re-investing the gold or buying crystals when they were cheaper may at the end of the day be sitting on a stockpile that just dwindles to worthlessness. Use your gold now to re-invest or get crystals, don't just hoard it.

I've been converting all my gold except for around 1000 on me to keep for various expenditures at the end of every day and also put up a single well below market rate crystal exchange just in case the prices plummet while I'm sleeping. I've only got around 2.4k purple crystals so far but hopefully that should be good for a while.

I do plan on spending these primarily on cosmetics though, I'm fine with taking it slow in progression.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
1000 is cutting it pretty close for Abyssal gold claims and Stronghold Lab research though. Unless you know how much you're going to make off daily Chaos ofc.

I guess it can be made up by alt runs though.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

The brothers are both in T3 now. Time to rest.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Where is Yotics the Gunlancer? :colbert:

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

Where is Yotics the Gunlancer? :colbert:

It's Zotix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
My new fav griefing activity is going to spida island and just sitting there while people mine. People get so furious

It's gonna be even funnier when I eventually get the token. I'll probably just hold it for a while just so i can link it in chat on the island