Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Also I went back to Roundtable Hold and that silent bastard attacked me :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Oh no! I tried to equip some helmet that just dropped off an enemy and the game closed out to the desktop. Now when I select continue the game closes :(

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

mbt posted:

Have you ever felt a curse? With your whole being, the pox upon life itself.
Feared and despised by all. The Reviled blessing. Apparently not.

giant but hole

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

I will do whatever Turtle Pope tells me to do

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The boss of Ainsel River looks dope as hell lol

might be my favorite boss design in souls unless you meant the dragon kin guy, who is also extremely sick and he has an awesome boss arena

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

herculon posted:

I will do whatever Turtle Pope tells me to do

I don't remember a better npc.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Larry Parrish posted:

might be my favorite boss design in souls unless you meant the dragon kin guy, who is also extremely sick and he has an awesome boss arena

That's who I meant. There's a whole upper area I don't seem to have access to yet and if there's an even sicker looking boss that kicks rear end

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

When I entered that arena I thought the giant dead guy was gonna be the boss until Dragonkin showed up

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Also I went back to Roundtable Hold and that silent bastard attacked me :stare:

when did it happen? I went back to Roundtable after beating Godrick and before Gideon could even give me the spiel and already he was like "oh, hm, that guy? yeah kinda wild huh lol anyway let's move on"

I don't trust that mfer no more

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

grieving for Gandalf posted:

when did it happen? I went back to Roundtable after beating Godrick and before Gideon could even give me the spiel and already he was like "oh, hm, that guy? yeah kinda wild huh lol anyway let's move on"

I don't trust that mfer no more

I dunno what triggered it because I hadn't been back there in a while and I've just been exploring around the map. I've beaten Godrick and Rennala of the main story bosses so far.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

feeding the grape lady some treats this time really made my skin crawl. awesome quest

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

also won 2/3 of my first invasions and a nice npc man gave me a dishrag in return. game owns

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I dunno what triggered it because I hadn't been back there in a while and I've just been exploring around the map. I've beaten Godrick and Rennala of the main story bosses so far.

interesting. it was literally right after Godrick for me and it hasn't happened at all for a lot of my friends who are now further in so I have no loving clue what triggers it

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
This Misbegotten Warrior/Crucible Knight fight is going to be the end of me

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

It happened to me the second time I visited the roundtable lol. I hadn't beaten godrick yet, but, I had found a lot of maps so I figured that had triggered it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

NickRoweFillea posted:

Lol that fight was a fun surprise

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Its triggered by village of the albanuriacs

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

its been kicking my rear end all week lol

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

todays gonna be the day i kill commander o'neil

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

same. but getting closer :pray:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mbt posted:

Its triggered by village of the albanuriacs

Ah ok, feels like I found that a while ago but it’s definitely possible I hadn’t been back to the hold since lol.

todays gonna be the day i kill commander o'neil

I spent quite a while trying to beat him yesterday, seems more than doable but he’s got a shitload of health and I kept making too many little mistakes

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Trying to beat a magic dragon that one shots me on horseback with every move. Easy to avoid except for the attack where he flies up like he’s gonna flame but just homing stomps you instead… feels like running toward him might be the way to dodge it but that’s how to die to the flame.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Have any of you guys managed to progress the Kenneth Haight quest past liberating his fort. He gave me a lovely knife and now he's nowhere to be found. Good riddance I guess but seems weird.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Have any of you guys managed to progress the Kenneth Haight quest past liberating his fort. He gave me a lovely knife and now he's nowhere to be found. Good riddance I guess but seems weird.

i talked to him back at his fort, convo made me think i’ll have to check back with him much later on but i dunno

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

hes at the fort

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i finally finished the quest of the lord and daughter of the other fort, forgot i had to check back in with him :doh:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I need to write poo poo down more. So many NPCs have just disappeared never to be found after I helped them and I just forgot whatever they said. Or I just forgot about them all together after meeting them.

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I just rode a stone coffin down a scarlet rot waterfall and fought something straight out of Bloodborne. This is the best game I've ever played.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

i talked to him back at his fort, convo made me think i’ll have to check back with him much later on but i dunno

Cant find him. Maybe I broke his quest by "liberating" Fort Haight well before I had any idea or care who it belonged to. Ah well

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i feel like ive completely lost track of every npc quest lol. once i beat the game therell be a second run where I actually take notes

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

I just hit a wall on Ranni's questline (quite literally) and I'm resisting the urge to look up how to advance because it's the most engaging questline so far.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kongming posted:

I just hit a wall on Ranni's questline (quite literally) and I'm resisting the urge to look up how to advance because it's the most engaging questline so far.

if you already beat astel, did you do the part with the doll earlier in the cavern?

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

mbt posted:

if you already beat astel, did you do the part with the doll earlier in the cavern?

I found the tiny Ranni doll but I don’t know what to do with it.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

net cafe scandal posted:

Cant find him. Maybe I broke his quest by "liberating" Fort Haight well before I had any idea or care who it belonged to. Ah well
He's at the top where the boss knight was. I had cleared the fort already when I found him so I just talked to him twice straight away, then went back to the fort and he was up there.

His dialog didn't exactly give me "end of quest" vibes but I dunno where it might continue.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Kongming posted:

I found the tiny Ranni doll but I don’t know what to do with it.

Talk to it at a bonfire multiple times

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

HolePisser1982 posted:

same. but getting closer :pray:

Just figured out a way to skip it! progressing Blaidd and Alexander’s quests causes the knight and warrior to disappear and you can go straight to the next boss

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
God I feel like I hosed up every single quest I'm not getting any of the interactions you guys are and it feels like my Roundtable is getting uglier and lonlier every time I go back.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
just did my first invasion at level 105 with a fully upgraded weapon and the host died in a single attack lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Just figured out a way to skip it! progressing Blaidd and Alexander’s quests causes the knight and warrior to disappear and you can go straight to the next boss

i did this accidentally and was really confused