Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the jellyfish shield claims it can't block piercing but that's a lie

it's just some turbo good shield you randomly find in the back of a wagon, lmao yea I'll take this 20% damage buff sure who needs parrying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011
Man this game keeps on giving the Billy Mays "But wait, There's more!" with how massive these areas are.

You can fit the entirety of Dragon's Dogma's world into Limegrave alone.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I love how there are so many good things around to click with that just feel satisfyingly and powerful to use. My favourite kind of balance is just make everything good in its own way.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Macaluso posted:

Find Iji. He's a giant a little bit north of the Northern Liurnia Lake Shore on the west side of the map. A little past where you can find the map for the area. I literally just found him and I want to kiss him. He sells 1, 2, 3 and 4 somber smithing stones for 2000, 3000, 4000 and 6000 respectively.

not somber ones, just the regular kind

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

the moon lady was a pinwheel tier fight for me at level 50. i just ran away when something scary happened and went in when something scary wasnt happening and killed her in two combos. no damage taken

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

alf_pogs posted:

do i need to beat Margit before Roderika goes to the roundtable? jelly pet is all time and i want them to be a poison god

No, she should appear by the fireplace once you're at the roundtable.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
And there was nooooooooooo doubt about it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

The Walrus posted:

I mean... you are. Sorcery has always been a cool alternate playstyle in these games but it's basically a way to avoid engaging with the Actual Game while still getting to see the sights. It has its own set of challenges ofc but nothing like needing to master a boss fight in melee range.

You say this and yet these fuckers are constantly in my face and I gotta dodge dodge doooodge

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Gamerofthegame posted:

the jellyfish shield claims it can't block piercing but that's a lie

it's just some turbo good shield you randomly find in the back of a wagon, lmao yea I'll take this 20% damage buff sure who needs parrying

That sounds like the only thing that could make me switch off my cool turtle shield

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Who else has transferred your crimson/cerulean flask use button to your pouch (Y+dpad) over having it in your items?

I've found having a consistent key bind for it has helped me want to use items during a fight way more, and stopping fumbling around when I need to heal, for instance.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Guillermus posted:

What the hell is wrong with the east side of the map? Why did I go there to explore? Why there are so many loving HUGE dragons? What the gently caress

Am I supposed to go there at high level? I'm scared.

Weapons with split damage get resistance checks for every type of damage. Split damage is normally worse than a pure damage weapon unless you're exploiting weaknesses.

I agreed to take some guys place providing food to his boss and ended up being teleported to the far East. It worked out in the end because I found some good equipment, but it was kind of nerve racking getting back to a safer zone.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

DelphiAegis posted:

Who else has transferred your crimson/cerulean flask use button to your pouch (Y+dpad) over having it in your items?

I've found having a consistent key bind for it has helped me want to use items during a fight way more, and stopping fumbling around when I need to heal, for instance.

This is a good idea I'm going to do it. I often end up playing finger puzzles while running away looking for my flasks.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

DelphiAegis posted:

This sounds like a good idea. I'm currently scrolling through like, Mimic Veil and Horse Summon and Summon Skeletons that I'm not using 99% of the time.

So clunky to get from 1 potion to my other potion

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Pouch up is heal, pouch down is mana, pouch left is horse, pouch right is summon. That's just pouch life

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Sab669 posted:

This sounds like a good idea. I'm currently scrolling through like, Mimic Veil and Horse Summon and Summon Skeletons that I'm not using 99% of the time.

So clunky to get from 1 potion to my other potion

You can go back to the first item by holding down the item change button

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

satanic splash-back posted:

:monocle:

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

satanic splash-back posted:

While this is true and good, it won't save you if you're panicking during a boss. :v:

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

hatty posted:

That sounds like the only thing that could make me switch off my cool turtle shield

perhaps you should look around west of lakeland

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I enjoy when bosses have a mid fight cutscene where my character is apparently just taking five and waiting until they power up. Dragon ball style.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DelphiAegis posted:

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Speaking of changes, I loving L O V E the triangle+d-pad item shortcuts. I have both healing and estus flasks and being able to have them available regardless of what item I’m using is fuckin great.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

hatty posted:

Hell yeah brother that turtle shield kicks rear end, I got it a while ago and it has never left my person. Barricade Shield is super good, plus it passively boosts stamina regen so it is just a better Grass Crest Shield

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Yesterday, I spent 5 hours in Caelid looking for that drat Meteorite Staff and I’m about to spend even more hours again today. (No need to spoil me I’m purposely flying blind to find it)

Such a horrible, nightmarish and beautiful place.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

RatHat posted:

Does this work with lava too?

I hope so. Finally, hotsteppin' will be feasible!

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
Oh btw check this poo poo out. I don't know where you get ANY of this stuff, but it's rad as poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z-myhLL7gI

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Gologle posted:

Oh btw check this poo poo out. I don't know where you get ANY of this stuff, but it's rad as poo poo.

I don’t think they have enough vigor

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

euphronius posted:

I don’t think they have enough vigor

lol i was gonna say, literally halfway across the screen.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i assume this has been posted but i'm doing it again

minor spoilers throughout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MW-qdNoYA

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Gologle posted:

I like how he gets the pee shivers at the end

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 20 days!)

uh the great jar's arsenal is supposed to 'vastly' raise max equip load but it barely increases it more than the standard arsenal charm and you can't stack them.

what a disappointment!

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
starting to see why people call the Radahn fight bullshit

bro why the gently caress are your arrows guided missiles. why is your tiny loving pony faster than my horse when you weigh 50000 pounds.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Khanstant posted:

I'm surprised nobody but me is talking about this weapon. I wish I remembered where I got it because Icerind Hatchet's weapon art by far most OP thing I've used in the entire game. this the kind of weapon you'd thinik guides would tell new players to bumrush because it just beats so many things. Hoarfrost Stomp is the ultimate crutch, aoe cone that fire fast, staggers and damages, then staggers and applies frost and big damage. For one button press You can slaughter entire groups, you can chain-stomp bosses during their wake-up phase and get them to less than half health before they even act.

I'm at a point now where I'll use my daggers and fun stuff on enemies and bosses, until I get my rear end kicked or nearly kicked, then I switch to Icerind Hatchet to remind the enemies I'm just here to win.

I put the art of war this weapon uses on my uchigatana and now it does frostbite and bleed and scales with my prisoner’s int and dex.

It is also insane how good the skill is (it probably needs a nerf). I dont even really use sorcery anymore unless i need to get something at range.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

roomtone posted:

uh the great jar's arsenal is supposed to 'vastly' raise max equip load but it barely increases it more than the standard arsenal charm and you can't stack them.

what a disappointment!

its percent based I think. Not sure if the Arsenal talismans are flat or not

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blaziken386 posted:

bro why the gently caress are your arrows guided missiles. why is your tiny loving pony faster than my horse when you weigh 50000 pounds.

If you beat him your second question is answered in the item descriptions and its hilarious.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

roomtone posted:

what a disappointment!

it's 19% versus 15%

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
dodging Rhadan's arrows is a bit easier when you realize you can lock on to him from that far away. No need to pan the camera that much

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Harrow posted:

On another topic, I respecced to a Dex/Int build to use Moonveil and I'm having a blast with this thing. I'm considering dual-wielding it with a cold-infused Uchigatana once I get enough smithing stones to upgrade it (did you know that even if you dump all your smithing stones into a Longbow to make it +17 it still sucks but now you don't have any more smithing stones?? :eng101:)

What bow should you dump all your stones into then?

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008

Blaziken386 posted:

He is an Armored Core in all but name.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

is there any difference between a jumping R1 vs. jumping R2? with a two handed weapon

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

actionjackson posted:

is there any difference between a jumping R1 vs. jumping R2? with a two handed weapon

every weapon has a different moveset, but usually yes there is. usually the difference a chop or a sweep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

Blaziken386 posted:

Listen dude how can you conquer the stars if you can't even lift?