Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

jisforjosh posted:

Have any goons gotten these lights?

We're thinking of doing some exterior lighting around our pergola and then towards our back door. Reviews on the site and from videos around Youtube sound good but wanting a congregation perspective before pulling the trigger

If you compare them to any others, a key feature is these have a bulb every two feet, cheaper sets do one every 3 feet. The Costco ones end up brighter because of it.

I also have two sets of the color changing ones which are dumb and they are in a box for me to hang someday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Johnny Truant posted:

quoting this so i can search at my local costco for a set of these!

In store they're $49.99 a box but on Costco.com they're $89.99 for 2 boxes, and $124.99 for 3 boxes (S&H already included in that price)

https://www.costco.com/.product.1493866.html

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

FogHelmut posted:

Anyone have the Firman 4000w Generator? I don't know if I need one, but I feel like it would be good to have. I don't know how these compare to a battery unit in the same price range.

If you just want to bridge the gap between energy blips of up to an hour, a battery unit is typically better. They simply are more expensive per available watt, but typically less of a hassle to have around and available in smaller sizes. If you want to be able to weather multiple hours/days of outages a gas generator is generally better.

Couple things about owning/operating a gas generator:

Do not ever operate it inside, ideally keep it at least 3 feet away from any window of your house.
Make sure you have a way of physically securing the generator. Generators are extremely attractive theft targets.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

jisforjosh posted:

We're thinking of doing some exterior lighting around our pergola and then towards our back door. Reviews on the site and from videos around Youtube sound good but wanting a congregation perspective before pulling the trigger

Yeah they're good. Hang them from your Costco gazebo next to your Costco grill and across from your Costco playhouse.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

jisforjosh posted:

In store they're $49.99 a box but on Costco.com they're $89.99 for 2 boxes, and $124.99 for 3 boxes (S&H already included in that price)

https://www.costco.com/.product.1493866.html

Hell yeahhhhhhhh thank you!

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

Yeah they're good. Hang them from your Costco gazebo next to your Costco grill and across from your Costco playhouse.

Can we get a pic of them in action??

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

FogHelmut posted:

i love The Costco Backyard

So, they were probably a valentines seasonal but if any of your costcos still have chocolate-coated freeze-dried strawberries, they're incredible

and also incredibly dangerous but that's par for the course at Costco

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

DoubleT2172 posted:

Can we get a pic of them in action??

Not my picture but grabbed from a YouTube video of someone else's install using them

FEIT says they aren't dimmable LEDs but I've come across a couple of reviews saying they worked fine with a dimmer

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
Are the costco Colombian cold brews any good? I feel like ive seen people post about them here

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Are the costco Colombian cold brews any good? I feel like ive seen people post about them here

I drink 2-3 a day. I like it.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Nice. Enough caffeine for a pep in my step ? As a coffee drinker im usually a 2 cup a day kinda guy unless im getting hella caffeinated all in one go

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Nice. Enough caffeine for a pep in my step ? As a coffee drinker im usually a 2 cup a day kinda guy unless im getting hella caffeinated all in one go

Its literally just plain black cold coffee in a can. So the same as amount of caffine as drinking a cup of coffee.

edit: 225mg of caffine per can. Im drinking one right now.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Cold brew is supposed to be stronger!!!

Ahh!!!!

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

mds2 posted:

Its literally just plain black cold coffee in a can. So the same as amount of caffine as drinking a cup of coffee.

You drink 675mg of caffeine a day?!

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds good tho. I usually get a can of cold black coffee and add a bit of half n half in there and 1 suger

ShortyMR.CAT fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Mar 3, 2022

EPICAC
Mar 23, 2001

jisforjosh posted:

We have two strands along the perimeter of our small backyard. We like them, bright, no need to use our outdoor flood light when they’re on. Would recommend.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

DoubleT2172 posted:

Im not some math scientist.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleT2172 posted:

That's just a normal dose of preworkout

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Cup of black coffee is 80-100mg of caffeine. So you are getting 2 cups right there.

I've been mixing the can with one of their smoothie mix for breakfast. Add in a banana and a touch of milk, gets me going.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

EPICAC posted:

We have two strands along the perimeter of our small backyard. We like them, bright, no need to use our outdoor flood light when they’re on. Would recommend.

That's exactly what I'm wanting, we've got a pool and late night summer swims are either too dark or flood lighted

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Just drink Monster Ultra Zero like an adult.

(still looking for the elusive 3 flav combo pack at Costco)

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

mite pick up a flat of monster this weekend

and those patio lights

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I didn't realize those Colombian coffees were unsweetened. I may have to pick them up because my new shift starts hours before coffee shops open at gently caress o'clock AM

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

mds2 posted:

An 8oz coffee at Starbucks has like 180, and those are notoriously high in caffeine. Regular home cup is around 100mg, and espresso about 65mg.

So that's a lot. Two of them would have me shaking and I think one would be surprising for the size. I normally have two double shots of espresso so 260mg over an hour.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I got a set of Costco lights for free from a relative, with a remote control and multi color, quit working after about 6 months. Think I need to replace the power/control box. They also have a weird extension plug.

Looked nice tho

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Mar 4, 2022

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

jisforjosh posted:

I have these. They are good. I use them with a HomeKit enabled short cord thing so I can yell at Siri as I head out the back door and it’s light before the dog hits the grass to do his business.

I got the first strand a few years ago and added one last year when I got the house painted. Took the time last year to lay it out real nice so everything is lined up in neat little rows (where I can) and it makes me happy every time I see it.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

numberoneposter posted:

mite pick up a flat of monster this weekend

and those patio lights

Do you want kidney stones?

Because that's how you get kidney stones.

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

StormDrain posted:

An 8oz coffee at Starbucks has like 180, and those are notoriously high in caffeine. Regular home cup is around 100mg, and espresso about 65mg.

So that's a lot. Two of them would have me shaking and I think one would be surprising for the size. I normally have two double shots of espresso so 260mg over an hour.

The 100mg for a home cup is for a 6 oz cup and has no definition of ratio of coffee grounds to water (thanks USDA for making my job harder). 8 oz Pike Place roast at Starbucks is brewed to the SCA ratio and is 155 mg caffeine. These are 11oz so it's not really a wildly different ratio of caffeine to volume of brewed coffee, from an at-home cup.

Also cold brew having more caffeine than other methods is largely a myth. People just drink it faster and in larger servings than hot coffee.

:crossarms:

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

CitizenKain posted:

I've been mixing the can with one of their smoothie mix for breakfast. Add in a banana and a touch of milk, gets me going.

Ooh this sounds :yum:

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

jisforjosh posted:

We've got a set for our back patio. Love em. Bright but soft light, perfect for sitting outside on warm summer nights.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

pentyne posted:

yeah if youre a babby and dont drink enough fluids

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Going to church today. Been a while.. need to stock up on mandu.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

how busy do you think its gonna be friday right after work?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

pentyne posted:

Doesn't matter, I have an enormous urethra.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Just buy one of those giant massage chairs they always email me about and blast your kidney stones into powder.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

bird with big dick posted:

like meatballs falling out of a pita

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Costco: I have an enormous urethra

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Costco: I have an enormous urethra

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

how busy do you think its gonna be friday right after work?

That's been the best time to go in my experience. Saturday and Sunday it's crowded af