Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

powerpassed up a gunlancer and i have no loving clue what im doing but i sure am running around smacking dudes in the face a bunch. which skills are the good stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

So, finally hit 50. What can I actually do with friend(s) who are also at 50 before finishing the story? Seems like every piece of level 50 content is locked way further into it, just making sure I'm not missing the opportunity for the grind to finally start paying off.

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

SkyeAuroline posted:

So, finally hit 50. What can I actually do with friend(s) who are also at 50 before finishing the story? Seems like every piece of level 50 content is locked way further into it, just making sure I'm not missing the opportunity for the grind to finally start paying off.

Chaos dungeons and guardian raids you can do about after 10 minutes of questing once you reach vern. If you aren't at vern yet, you likely will be soon

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Here we go... Carbot Animations announced a Lost Ark series to start this Saturday. And the video to announce it make me feel seen...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW83SZkDudo

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

Here we go... Carbot Animations announced a Lost Ark series to start this Saturday. And the video to announce it make me feel seen...

This is so wrong.

But so so drat correct.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Lorem ipsum posted:

Chaos dungeons and guardian raids you can do about after 10 minutes of questing once you reach vern. If you aren't at vern yet, you likely will be soon

I just wrapped up the Dynamo boss fight before I started getting maintenance alerts (though I think there's still an hour till that happens?). So however long is left of wow-cool-steam-cyberpunk-land, then Vern if nothing else is in between.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Lorem ipsum posted:

It should also be said that you’ll have to keep going on the story in order to unlock the second set of chaos dungeons and that could take a bit.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Good Citizen posted:

My new fav griefing activity is going to spida island and just sitting there while people mine. People get so furious

It's gonna be even funnier when I eventually get the token. I'll probably just hold it for a while just so i can link it in chat on the island

Can you get the token without participating? lol

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

S.J. posted:

Can you get the token without participating? lol

I think you may have to fight the boss after everyone spends 15 minutes hammering G to mine the egg? Idk lol

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

JuffoWup posted:

Oh god, I did this with one other person a week or two ago when I ran my scrapper alt through the stories while doing collection stuff. It took us far longer than 27 minutes.

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner
drat, 6 hour maintenance 5pm-11pm on a Friday night for Australians. We really need Oceanic servers.

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015

The Gripper posted:

drat, 6 hour maintenance 5pm-11pm on a Friday night for Australians. We really need Oceanic servers.

That doesn’t change with regional servers.

Sincerely,
Europeans

Hugoon Chavez
Nov 4, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER

lexxyth posted:

That doesn’t change with regional servers.

Sincerely,
Europeans

I was about to reply this exact same thing, so instead, I'm emptyquoting.

:emptyquote:

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I managed to beat Achates and Frost Helgaia last night with my friend and 2 randoms, I'm glad to say I was able to beat Achates before the nerfs. For whatever reason. Starting a party in the party finder with my friend really did work out well because two more joined right away since we already had 2/4 people.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
For some reason this morning in my stronghold the research and dispatch screen in the management view are only showing one task instead of the 2 researches and dispatches I have going, I had 2 things researching overnight and one finished and I couldn't see the other to complete it as it was only showing the other one that was still in progress, when I rushed that to completion then the other completed research appeared. Then when I started researching 2 things again, now it's just showing me one of them. Same with the dispatch screen, two going but it only shows one.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Mozi posted:

For some reason this morning in my stronghold the research and dispatch screen in the management view are only showing one task instead of the 2 researches and dispatches I have going, I had 2 things researching overnight and one finished and I couldn't see the other to complete it as it was only showing the other one that was still in progress, when I rushed that to completion then the other completed research appeared. Then when I started researching 2 things again, now it's just showing me one of them. Same with the dispatch screen, two going but it only shows one.

Yep same, and I’m afraid that I started 2 research tasks and the second one just overwrote the first one but idk.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
not just me then. can confirm it's working, you just can't view both. I completed 2/started 2 research this morning, just completed them both ok.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I've been getting around the lab issue by changing the filter to All Research and finding it in the list

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Finally got around to changing the color of my scrappers cosmetic skin.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Suprfli6 posted:

Yep same, and I’m afraid that I started 2 research tasks and the second one just overwrote the first one but idk.
2 still work fine. This bug has happened to me on and off with research.

Use the far left notification window to select complete research. Queue up research like normal and you can still do 2.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Mar 5, 2022

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Made the mistake of watching some Scouter videos last night and now I’m feeling even more impatient for it to be released here. I don’t normally like pet classes, but it was my fav on RU.

https://youtu.be/3BGuV0qo9Ek

Lorem ipsum
Sep 25, 2007
IF I REPORT SOMETHING, BAN ME.

Hefty posted:

Made the mistake of watching some Scouter videos last night and now I’m feeling even more impatient for it to be released here. I don’t normally like pet classes, but it was my fav on RU.

https://youtu.be/3BGuV0qo9Ek

Man that class looks so annoying to fight against but I do love seeing paladins get hosed up. People that play paladins in 1v1 are psychopaths

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

It's literally Iron Man from Marvel Heroes and I want it so bad.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
In my head canon, all gold sellers are tooki's because of the tooki catchphrase.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

It looks like there's builds for both of the Sorc engraving? Are either easier to play/more recommended?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

In my head canon, all gold sellers are tooki's because of the tooki catchphrase.

The difference is tooki are lovable.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

It looks like there's builds for both of the Sorc engraving? Are either easier to play/more recommended?

As a poo poo Sorceress, I recommend the one that disables the DPS increase part of your identity (reflux?). That way you don’t have to worry about lining up your burst in the small window when your ident is up and you’re free to use all your ident on extra teleports.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Oxyclean posted:

Both Ignite (big burst button) and Reflux (no burst button) are competitive until the very high end. If you look at KR leaderboards, pretty much all top Sorcs are Ignite.

Reflux is easier to play because you have less to worry about. My suggestion is to play Ignite because it encourages you to get better at the game rather then just getting on by.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Oxyclean posted:

Igniter is burst damage. You are basically doing low damage while building up for the big burst when your meter is full. This also means you really don't want to use your identity to teleport so you need to know your positioning well. You also need to know attack patterns for bosses because of cast time and skill animation time (watching a doomsday cast go off popping igniter and the boss moves 5 cm away and missing your attack is painful.) Its harder to play but if you like the burst playstyle this is for you. Its also higher damage if you land all your hits.

Reflux is consistent damage. Your skills all have low cooldown and no cast time. You lose access to arcane rupture so all your identity meter is spent on your teleport giving you more escape tools. This is the simpler to play build and for people who just like to spam spells as much as possible. I've heard in t3 this is called the piano mage because you are just casting spells non stop with all the cd reduction.

I like ignite because I like the feeling of power when you pop your buff. It feels so impactful when you get that big cast off, watch it crit for millions of damage and walk away with MVP for damage done in the end. But its also the most frustrating thing to play when you have to do something like the tower and can't build up meter but it expects you to dodge every 0.5 seconds but you can't even cast a single spell off because of 2 second cast times.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I just saw the Music Number at the end of the Yorn questline and gotta respect devs and localizers on that one.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I know they’re trying to sort out instanced content for EU before starting a PvP season (reasonable) but it really sucks that there’s no ranked and the matchmaker is still busted and putting people with hundreds of matches against people in their first match.

e: mostly I’m concerned because PvP in this game has a really loving steep learning curve already and this is definitely going to turn off folks that are casually interested in it

Hefty fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Mar 5, 2022

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Oxyclean posted:

Go reflux. You probably can’t get enough specialization to actually pop off very often before t3, and since you’re asking this it means you’re going to be learning a lot of fights anyway. Ignite sorc is referred to as impractical damage in KR because you’re going to miss punishing strikes and meteors, there’s no real way to avoid it. Reflux is more consistent damage that is easier to play with a lower stat requirement before it feels good. There is even a casting version that uses explosion, doomsday, and non-instant punishing strike, so you can still do bigger hits with cast bars if you want.

If you stick with it, you’ll want both anyway. Green class books aren’t so hard to get that you can’t get both in the long run, and learning a new fight would be hell on ignite. It won’t necessarily be a cakewalk on reflux either, since you won’t be investing in specialization at all, given it doesn’t give you any damage at all, so you’ll still be limited on the dodges you can do. Your instant spells will still have a wind up animation that you need to be safe during. You won’t learn bad habits while playing reflux.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
They did nerf Tytalos's instant kill, but if you are at ilvl, most of his attacks instant lock you to death or decimate your health anyway. I do find it interesting that, under "Find Party", that there are players just under or 1000 ilvl asking for help and 1300 ilvl players saying that will help for gold. (I am unsure why the sub-1000 ilvl would need help or even want to clear a guardian that only gives tier 1 mats.)

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
You have to kill Tytalos to unlock the next level of guardian raids. Those people are locked out of t2 guardian raids and need a carry to get into it.

What's the best way to stack legendary rapport items to gift bomb a rapport to skip virtue requirements? Just buy a ton of chests and hope to get lucky?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

Akumos posted:

FYI gold has been inflating and will only continue to inflate at kinda insane rates so those that have been selling all their mats non-stop without re-investing the gold or buying crystals when they were cheaper may at the end of the day be sitting on a stockpile that just dwindles to worthlessness. Use your gold now to re-invest or get crystals, don't just hoard it.

Yeah they have a serious bot/gold farmer problem on their hands and they're going to have to work it out or the economy is gonna go real sideways. I'm slow-levelling an alt and literally 85% of the players in the starting Luterra zones are speedhacking throwaway characters that run faster than my horse.

GodofGravity
Jun 20, 2005
Fun Shoe
Is it intentional that you can't load the game in your stronghold? I've logged off multiple times in my stronghold, and when logging back into the game the character select screen shows my character with my stronghold name beneath it; but when I launch the character I'm loaded into whatever city I happened to be in last.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Is there anything I can do with leftover T1 bound mats after reaching T2? Anything I should do with my level 15 T1 gear?

Estraysian
Dec 29, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

Is there anything I can do with leftover T1 bound mats after reaching T2? Anything I should do with my level 15 T1 gear?

Delete them. Transfer it for a free +1 on your T2 gear!

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

GodofGravity posted:

Is it intentional that you can't load the game in your stronghold? I've logged off multiple times in my stronghold, and when logging back into the game the character select screen shows my character with my stronghold name beneath it; but when I launch the character I'm loaded into whatever city I happened to be in last.

It's an instance of some sort. There's some level of instance inception they don't allow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

idiotsavant posted:

Yeah they have a serious bot/gold farmer problem on their hands and they're going to have to work it out or the economy is gonna go real sideways. I'm slow-levelling an alt and literally 85% of the players in the starting Luterra zones are speedhacking throwaway characters that run faster than my horse.

been noticing this as well