Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Snake Maze posted:

Yes, obviously?

You can clearly see the dog's shell right there.

i think that's a horse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Zil posted:

There were many meetings about making this not look so penisy.

Has audio

https://i.imgur.com/699Arwt.mp4

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

excuse me, sir, this is PYF little things

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alhazred posted:

That mission also have her having reciting poetry while drunk.

I would really love to get back into Odyssey some time, I basically left off at your first time in Athens

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Is there a better main character who gets drunk mission than the RDR2 "LENNY!" Mission?

That legitimately made me laugh a lot when i played it.

Edit: hell i want to go replay it now. LENNNNYYYYY

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I always liked Niko Bellic screaming "YELLOW CAAAAARRRR"

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

ZeusCannon posted:

Is there a better main character who gets drunk mission than the RDR2 "LENNY!" Mission?

Witcher 3 was a contender, what with Geralt and his witcher buddies getting completely hammered, dressing in Yennifer's undergarments and calling up the sorceresses for a booty call, only for them to get caught by a really angry Yennifer.. That was amazing.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Getting Niko drunk and hearing him scream "yellow car" at the top of his lungs is still really funny to me.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BioEnchanted posted:

Witcher 3 was a contender, what with Geralt and his witcher buddies getting completely hammered, dressing in Yennifer's undergarments and calling up the sorceresses for a booty call, only for them to get caught by a really angry Yennifer.. That was amazing.

how the gently caress did i miss this...

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Far Cry 6 has a mission where you get shitfaced and decide that you're going to graffiti over every bit of propaganda in the town that you're in. You graffiti the first one, and it gives you an updated objective saying you've done 1/100-something propaganda murals in the town. You do another one while giggling with your buddy, and after the third one your buddy says something to the effect of "hell yeah we are revolutionaries! How many have we done so far?" and your character says "uhhhhhhhhhhh fuckin' ALL OF EM!" and the objective goes from "3/100-something " to "COMPLETE!"

I was giggling the whole time. :3:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

ZeusCannon posted:

Ok I just googled this and now I finally understand why people start yelling, LEEENNNNY MAH BOY” when I tell them my dog’s name is Lenny so thank you.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Does the drunken bender mission in Skyrim count?

The first mission of Watchdogs 2 (after the prologue/tutorial) is Marcus waking up on the floor after a party and the first objective the game gives you is to find some pants

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Witcher 2's drunk scene is better imo because it's SO impactful that the lovely tattoo you get during your escapade is still on your neck in 3 if you import your save file. Lunatics, the lot of them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Frank Frank posted:

Ok I just googled this and now I finally understand why people start yelling, LEEENNNNY MAH BOY” when I tell them my dog’s name is Lenny so thank you.

Holy poo poo this is so utterly funny

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Also Witcher 2 for best supporting extra

OOOOOOODRIIIIIIIN

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

There's an Elden Ring boss that's a spooky skeleton in a magic canoe. It's ridiculous.....ly awesome.

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Necrothatcher posted:

There's an Elden Ring boss that's a spooky skeleton in a magic canoe. It's ridiculous.....ly awesome.

I appreciate how audacious the game is in having a bunch of just weird and goofy poo poo. It's like the opposite of a game that's trying too hard to look cool.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Elden Ring's giant tortoise with the pope hat is a Rude Tales of Magic NPC, in spirit if not literally.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

The pope and other catholic/christian characters do canonically exist in the show so you’re likely right. No idea if he’s a turtle though; probably is.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

CJacobs posted:

Holy poo poo this is so utterly funny

It wasn’t a joke? I never played that game and didn’t understand the reference.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo

A hell of a reveal at the end of this one.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Frank Frank posted:

It wasn’t a joke? I never played that game and didn’t understand the reference.

That is why it's funny, just the idea of someone yelling LENNYYYYYY drunkenly at your dog and both you and the dog give the same look of "what the gently caress". It's like something out of a sitcom I love picturing it. It's like a real life interaction from the game.

edit: Like you're walking your dog and exchange how do you do's at the stop sign and you're like "hey my dog's name is Leonard but I call him Lenny" and they just SCREAM "LENNYYYYYYYYY" and part ways without ever telling you why. I promise it's not at your expense.

CJacobs has a new favorite as of 16:44 on Mar 3, 2022

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
ODRIN?? OOOOOODRRIIIIIN!

Brian Worms
May 29, 2007
My favorite drunk moment in games has to be in Metro Exodus - in the Sam's Story dlc you get wasted drinking molotovs (yes, actual molotovs) with a salty old captain and it all absolutely rules.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I've been playing Chicory over most of today as a chill out game (got three trials of the wielder to go) and love the bosses. They are really interesting visually and have great music. For a game that lacks a lot of combat, what combat it does have is completely nailed. Especially the (lategame character arc spoilers) bosses against Chicory as consumed by her own despair and the one before it fighting Mirror Main Character. Those were really cool both visually and thematically. Also the sidequests are hilarious.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I cannot overstate how awesome it is finally having a modern Soulsborne game with an actual open world. I was pretty hesitant going in - after all, I think an argument could be made that a lot of From's games are 'open world' of a sense, since there's generally a few different routes to explore at any given time and all of the world geometry is (often oddly) interconnected. But a true big open world (with some nice traversal convenience concessions!) means that there's basically no point so far where I've gotten stuck on a tough couple of bosses or anything, I can always just gently caress off and explore and come back later when I'm better equipped.

Plus I finally figured out how and where I can summon my sweet jellyfish bro, I call him Bloober and he's a great mascot/distraction in giant mob fights.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

It is very nice to be able to hit da brix if an area is too hard

It was a nice touch that one such area is directly outside the first door in the game. And also directly east of there. And also there is an impossible boss that drops down if you go west

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

That is why it's funny, just the idea of someone yelling LENNYYYYYY drunkenly at your dog and both you and the dog give the same look of "what the gently caress". It's like something out of a sitcom I love picturing it. It's like a real life interaction from the game.

edit: Like you're walking your dog and exchange how do you do's at the stop sign and you're like "hey my dog's name is Leonard but I call him Lenny" and they just SCREAM "LENNYYYYYYYYY" and part ways without ever telling you why. I promise it's not at your expense.

"IM AN AMERICAN" as they fall over a fence

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Manager Hoyden posted:

It was a nice touch that one such area is directly outside the first door in the game. And also directly east of there. And also there is an impossible boss that drops down if you go west

Unironically yes, it's awesome that there's a bunch of deadly stuff towards the beginning that you can run away from or around entirely, it really hammers home how easy it is to use the new open areas to your advantage (and that there will be big tough challenges to overcome when you're feeling more like a badass). I wouldn't say the design is as tight and memorable as something like 1-1 in Demon's Souls or the first couple of lanterns in Bloodborne but there was clearly some real thought put into it.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Speaking of souls, I just found out that the Moonlight Butterfly is based on a real creature - the dragontail butterfly.

https://i.imgur.com/dUxyCzj.mp4

Had no idea it existed.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
I like how the donkey goat horse in elden ring is better than every single video game horse up to this point in history.

you don't have to play a song or some bullshit to summon it, and when you do summon it you don't have to wait 10 minutes for it to go around an entire goddamn mountain or doggy paddle its way to you because you were slightly too close to it for it to respawn near you.

I also really like how it stops and goes when you want it to stop and go.

there's one area that has a lot of rooftops that are fun to jump around on too.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Immortals: Fenyx Rising had really good horse controls. You basically just summon it under you so there was no fussing around with it.

Assassins Creed Odyssey had it where tapping the button would call your horse, but pressing and holding would have the horse come to you and you’d auto mount it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Elden Ring has an obviously dead person in a pool of blood with a huge blood covered sword next to the body and when you press the prompt to examine them it says “they’re dead”

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

moosecow333 posted:

Assassins Creed Odyssey had it where tapping the button would call your horse, but pressing and holding would have the horse come to you and you’d auto mount it.

I played that game for a hundred and fifty hours and I had no idea. Goddamn.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

Montague Tigg posted:

I like how the donkey goat horse in elden ring is better than every single video game horse up to this point in history.

you don't have to play a song or some bullshit to summon it, and when you do summon it you don't have to wait 10 minutes for it to go around an entire goddamn mountain or doggy paddle its way to you because you were slightly too close to it for it to respawn near you.

I also really like how it stops and goes when you want it to stop and go.

there's one area that has a lot of rooftops that are fun to jump around on too.

i was not sold on the horse at all and still need to go back and practice horseback combat against that tree sentinel motherFUCKER

but then i started finding and using the insane Sonic the Hedgehog style whirlwind-powered HORSE JUMP BOUNCE PADS and i am similarly convinced torrent is the best videogame horsedog ever

you didn't even mention that your amazing horsedog has a double jump for some reason

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Speaking of souls, I just found out that the Moonlight Butterfly is based on a real creature - the dragontail butterfly.

https://i.imgur.com/dUxyCzj.mp4

Had no idea it existed.

Yo what the gently caress

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Rockman Reserve posted:

I cannot overstate how awesome it is finally having a modern Soulsborne game with an actual open world. I was pretty hesitant going in - after all, I think an argument could be made that a lot of From's games are 'open world' of a sense, since there's generally a few different routes to explore at any given time and all of the world geometry is (often oddly) interconnected. But a true big open world (with some nice traversal convenience concessions!) means that there's basically no point so far where I've gotten stuck on a tough couple of bosses or anything, I can always just gently caress off and explore and come back later when I'm better equipped.

Plus I finally figured out how and where I can summon my sweet jellyfish bro, I call him Bloober and he's a great mascot/distraction in giant mob fights.

I've been noodling around the map and poking around in Caelid which is a bad idea because not only do things want the player dead there, they are extremely good at it. But I really like just seeing what is around.

I do think that maybe having the game basically flash a giant blinking arrow that says "GO HERE" for the first big dungeon and actually have it be a brick wall of difficulty isn't a great idea though.

Sending people to Castle Morne would have been a better early place to lead the player. There is a nice horseback battle with a giant at the beginning, some good lessons on pulling creatures from a pack inside and a boss that is kinda hard, but not Margit hard.

Jokymi
Jan 31, 2003

Sweet Sassy Molassy

moosecow333 posted:

Not only that, you can auto mount it while running, which always felt incredibly smooth. You just whistle, take off running, and your horse will automatically catch up for you to jump on to in a couple seconds.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Rockman Reserve posted:

i was not sold on the horse at all and still need to go back and practice horseback combat against that tree sentinel motherFUCKER

but then i started finding and using the insane Sonic the Hedgehog style whirlwind-powered HORSE JUMP BOUNCE PADS and i am similarly convinced torrent is the best videogame horsedog ever

you didn't even mention that your amazing horsedog has a double jump for some reason

Something I don’t think the game can be assed to explain is that mounted L2/R2 attacks both work by holding the button to do a melee drive by attack, that helps a lot with mounted combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Last Celebration posted:

Something I don’t think the game can be assed to explain is that mounted L2/R2 attacks both work by holding the button to do a melee drive by attack, that helps a lot with mounted combat.

yeah, like any group of baddies in the open world is basically effortless and riskfree to defeat when you're mounted. Bosses will destroy you, though.