Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

Is this implying mutiny or mistake?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Garbage command and control!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
I'm bleeding, making me the victor!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://twitter.com/ASBMilitary/status/1499804332090441732?cxt=HHwWiIC-7f-FsNApAAAA

As a disclaimer for some of you, and can't loving believe this seems prudent to post, but I am NOT PRO RUSSIA. These kind of reports are coming out regularly and hey go figure, Ukraine having a real white supremacy issue this could be bad for ethnic minorities internally

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Yeah I've also heard this a lot

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
yeah there's plenty of video of refugees of color telling their story. I don't doubt them

davecrazy posted:

Garbage command and control!

The Hand of Knob

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Generation Internet posted:

https://twitter.com/Militarylandnet/status/1499777532438224899

I've seen three different tail numbers on downed Russian SU-25s today: 04 White, 08 Red, and now 07 White.

Among many other things, I can't say that I would want to be piloting low and slow attack planes in contested airspace.

Fun fact: these codes ("bort numbers," meaning "side number," although the Russian references I have never use that phrase) only represent the aircraft's number in its individual unit. So in the entire VKS, there could be a 5-10 different "04 White"s of various types flying around.

I genuinely do not know how they kept/keep any kind of running inventory of how many aircraft they have on hand; that may be why they started serialing stuff in the RF-###### range fairly recently. But it makes identifying aircraft for enthusiasts like me an absolute nightmare.

The authors who I got this from often use the phrase "to confuse hypothetical spies," which probably describes a lot of the weird poo poo that went on in Soviet industry.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

Fun fact: these codes only represent the aircraft's number in its individual unit. So in the entire VKS, there could be a dozen or more "04 White"s of various types flying around.

I genuinely do not know how they kept/keep any kind of running inventory of how many aircraft they have on hand; that may be why they started serialing stuff in the RF-###### range fairly recently. But it makes identifying aircraft for enthusiasts like me an absolute nightmare.

The authors who I got this from often use the phrase "to confuse hypothetical spies," which probably describes a lot of the weird poo poo that went on in Soviet industry.

wait so literally the "paint 3 pigs 1, 2, and 4?"

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

maffew buildings posted:

https://twitter.com/ASBMilitary/status/1499804332090441732?cxt=HHwWiIC-7f-FsNApAAAA

As a disclaimer for some of you, and can't loving believe this seems prudent to post, but I am NOT PRO RUSSIA. These kind of reports are coming out regularly and hey go figure, Ukraine having a real white supremacy issue this could be bad for ethnic minorities internally

Yeah they've got a lot of classic white supremacists, but I think 'a lot' is still only a few percentage points. Even that tends to really stand out because of the sort of roles those shitheels tend to take as careers

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

maffew buildings posted:

Wasn't there also something about Poland stopping PoC at the border too?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Border patrol cops being racist? Say it ain't so!

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

wait so literally the "paint 3 pigs 1, 2, and 4?"

Funnily enough no, they really do seem to do numbers in sequence as far as I know. The Algerian AF does assign serials in skipped blocks to suggest they have more aircraft than they actually do. The Venezuelans do (or did) the same.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Naked Bear posted:

I'm bleeding, making me the victor!

Weeeoooweeeeoweeeeeooooweeeeeoooooooo

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Wasn't there also something about Poland stopping PoC at the border too?

Eastern Europeans are unfortunately not known for their enlightened views on race or ethnicity.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

psydude posted:

Eastern Europeans are unfortunately not known for their enlightened views on race or ethnicity.

Well yea. I'm not like, shocked or anything. I just can't remember if this was a durring the current hostilities thing or something from before.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

or gender for that matter

already reports of women being raped

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

psydude posted:

I mean, humanity is not known for its enlightened views on race or ethnicity. Ironically, as I've heard about this over the past few days, all I can think is "Slavs gon Slav." My childhood involved a fair number of old Polish guys that had. . . opinions.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Just heard from a friend (who would absolutely know) that the landing ship mutiny off the coast of Odessa from a couple of days ago was confirmed.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Handsome Ralph posted:

So yeah there is actually some chud context here. You guys all remember Eddie Gallagher and his bullshit, right? Anyways, there exists within the SEALs an ideological divide in which a bunch of them consider themselves "pirates" in that they feel and act more lawless, more willing to take risks, and more hard charging than regular SEALs (Yes I know how :rolleyes: that sounds) . I know a couple of you read Alpha about the whole Eddie Gallagher trial, but they specifically talk about how that group of SEALs uses Blackbeard's flag as their unofficial flag, and conversely, how it has caused all sorts of headaches for NSW command. They are also conversely loaded with chuds (no poo poo).

So it's not quite a maga flag, and it's not quite a "Scout Sniper" flag either, but it sure as gently caress ain't a great sign either.

So be prepared for these idiots to either do some war criming or get killed in the most spectacularly dumb and needless way possible if Gallagher's exploits before he murdered that detainee are anything to go off of.

Wasabi the J posted:

Forward Observations Group

A military style "lifestyle brand" founded by former SF dudes and who's members do keep getting photoed with Nazis.

What's more interesting is the Canoe Club flag.

https://canoeclubusa.com/

You can buy ammunition at this url.

Also I laughed at the implications of this eBay listing tags

FORWARD OBSERVATIONS GROUP CANOE CLUB FLAG FOG DEVGRU GBRS ONE7SIX SUPDEF WRMFZY

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165262543125

REALLY reminds me of Lake City Quiet Pills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF0dCNxfYHk

Wasabi the J posted:

https://www.dailyveracity.com/2022/...ifestyle-brand/

Let's look at the sources that are pushing this?

NGL could be another intentional misdirect; but I personally won't weep over any collateral fasciscide.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

cult_hero posted:

Is this implying mutiny or mistake?

I would guess mistake compounded by awful communications between two units. Once the shooting started would be hard to stop especially with very similar vehicles on both sides.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Alan Smithee posted:

or gender for that matter

already reports of women being raped

I have no doubt that's happening, but the reports I've mainly seen is Russian troops doing that to occupied towns.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

psydude posted:

Just heard from a friend (who would absolutely know) that the landing ship mutiny off the coast of Odessa from a couple of days ago was confirmed.

I somehow missed this one, can you fill me in?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Breathlessly running in to the thread to talk about how there's bad people, too, and why doesn't anyone care to make more of that?!?! in the country having their major population centers razed via mass artillery just makes you a giant shithead, hth.

Racist as gently caress cops and single digit % out and out white supremacists in a population is, Sadly, not remotely notable in any two way in our present times and trying to hold that up as a bludgeon against people supporting Ukraine right now is gross, at best.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

CommieGIR posted:

I have no doubt that's happening, but the reports I've mainly seen is Russian troops doing that to occupied towns.

Judging by accounts of the Eastern Front in 1945 this is practically SOP for Russian forces, sadly.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1499742788946120707
err wow

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

trying to hold that up as a bludgeon against people supporting Ukraine right now is gross, at best.
Sorry, who's doing that?

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I somehow missed this one, can you fill me in?

Here you go:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1574005/russia-ukraine-news-marines-mutinty-odessa-vladimir-putin

Sorry it's a tabloid (first one I could find with a quick Google search), but the story is confirmed soooo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

stealie72 posted:

Sorry, who's doing that?

Right now nobody. Earlier there were a couple of C-SPAM posters trying it.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Right now nobody. Earlier there were a couple of C-SPAM posters trying it.
That makes sense. Thought Gwaihir was trying to connect that to "yeah, it's poo poo that non-Ukrainians are getting hosed with at the border."

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Lol he's walking his invasion plans back! The question is: Does he even have a say.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

Lol he's walking his invasion plans back! The question is: Does he even have a say.

Woah! Fascinating if that holds up, wonder if he's still uneasy about his grip on power and nervous watching domestic unrest in Russia and doesn't think he could survive that again.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

Maybe he's caught in the middle, his generals on one side saying they want no part of the meat grinder, and Putin on the other?

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Russian generals move to the front to "lead" and "motivate" the invasion.

Russian generals are killed:

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/russian-commanders-killed-in-ukraine-says-west_uk_6222299fe4b012a26289ccc2

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
What's Russia gonna do if he says no? Invade them?

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

Gwaihir posted:

Breathlessly running in to the thread to talk about how there's bad people, too, and why doesn't anyone care to make more of that?!?! in the country having their major population centers razed via mass artillery just makes you a giant shithead, hth.

Racist as gently caress cops and single digit % out and out white supremacists in a population is, Sadly, not remotely notable in any two way in our present times and trying to hold that up as a bludgeon against people supporting Ukraine right now is gross, at best.

It reminds of everytime there is a cop murder, all the people trawling Facebook for thug poses and poo poo, he was arrested once for jaywalking, therefore it is okay to loving magdump in the back etc. Etc.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Effectively already has, part of the referendum was basically giving Russia the leeway to station forces, including their nuclear forces, in Belarus.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Proud Christian Mom posted:

If this goes on much longer, I'm thinking a lot of these Russian backed dictatorships are going to turn into Russian-opposed democracies.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

psydude posted:

If this goes on much longer, I'm thinking a lot of these Russian backed dictatorships are going to turn into Russian-opposed democracies.

Possibly, especially if making token reforms and opposing Russia opens up the EU/US moneygates.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

psydude posted:

Not Belarus. Lukashencko prides himself on being Europe's last dictator, even if he's nothing more than a Putin mouthpiece at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
People are allowed to keep these bad thoughts to themselves.

https://twitter.com/eoinhiggins_/status/1499567290836205571?s=21