Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

They pay me in prosciutto binch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

Satin at least gets paid to be a stooge.

ThisIsNasty is much cooler than Satin though.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Every man has a price, and apparently that price is some nice discount cuts at the local Kroger deli

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Benne posted:

Every man has a price, and apparently that price is some nice discount cuts at the local Kroger deli

(cut to Ted DiBiase making some rube humiliate themselves for a freshly made ham sandwich that Virgil is holding, only to cruelly snatch it away and take a big bite out of it, laughing as he walks offscreen)

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
https://twitter.com/terrencefromse/status/1499245740220108803?t=CKJ2ul5PedKyjSkcE9ugyQ&s=19

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Impact is still the most relevant they've been in years

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

Impact is still the most relevant they've been in years

They are a lot less relevant than they were a year ago.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Dr. Baker posted:

I live in Los Angeles. I see Ryan Satin at shows from time to time. It is so hard not to tell him how much I think he sucks.
i thought you lived in pittsburgh

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

holy poo poo the bootlickers in the comments

not going to link to them as their bootlicking is neither unique nor funny, but Jesus Christ these Fed stans are the worst

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Venomous posted:

holy poo poo the bootlickers in the comments

not going to link to them as their bootlicking is neither unique nor funny, but Jesus Christ these Fed stans are the worst

I listened to the interview and it was amazingly boring and told us next to nothing new about Vince. I have no idea what these people watched

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Laughed when I saw friend of the thread Deuce in the screenshots and then this reply:

https://twitter.com/Kng0fTheN0rth/status/1499806231816400898

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)
the funniest thing about that is that these guys reached so hard for the Bearcat Wright homage theory when in reality it was vince thinking keith lee sounded "too smart"

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

Future Me Hates Me
Sep 27, 2018
Lars Sullivans gimmick was also "monster that uses big words" and Vince had no issues with him doing it for some reason.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i saw a license plate that was just "WWE FAN" the other night, which isn't a bad take but it's a poor use of money

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

its a warning

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Gross disrespect for Cody and his verse :(

https://twitter.com/_pierrotlunaire/status/1499785068704931853

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Where's the bad take

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

flashy_mcflash posted:

Where's the bad take

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Not to deny the quality of what Punk's done with MJF, but it's standing on Cody's shoulders.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

come back to me when punk goes through a flaming table

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Where's the bad take

Cody's feuds are good.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

MassRafTer posted:

Cody's feuds are good.

Found it

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Punk/MJF is hotter than anything Cody's done since the Dustin match.

MassRafTer posted:

Cody's feuds are good.

Citation needed.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ringo Roadagain posted:

come back to me when punk goes through a flaming table

What if he goes through a table while on fire.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gaz-L posted:

Punk/MJF is hotter than anything Cody's done since the Dustin match.

Citation needed.

Cody/Dustin, Cody/Jericho, Cody/MJF, Cody/Archer, Cody/Brodie, Cody/Shaq, Cody/Malakai, Cody/Sammy.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I Before E posted:

Not to deny the quality of what Punk's done with MJF, but it's standing on Cody's shoulders.

Considering how many Cody/MJF story bits and finer points have more in common with MJF's later stories than Cody's, and how lost Cody became when MJF moved on to his own stuff, maybe a re-evaluation of exactly who did the creative lifting between them is in order.

or maybe that's the bad take.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
The only Cody feud that wasn’t great was Cody/Ogogo and it wasn’t awful, just kinda lacklustre. And even that mediocre feud had a couple of great Cody moments like when he ended racism

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Cody seems like a nice dude that really likes it when everyone is mad at him. The dude also likes to have his wife ringside while he gets beaten up. His idea of a babyface is Slater from Saved By The Bell. He's a complex dude.

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

The whipping angle with Cody and MJF was peak wrestling, nothing gets better than that

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

Cody/Sammy.

Found it. Great blowoff. Terrible journey (was bad even before Covid made it worse).

Snacksmaniac fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Mar 5, 2022

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Snacksmaniac posted:

Terrible journey

Incorrect. Cody Rhodes ruined Christmas

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Rarity posted:

Incorrect. Cody Rhodes ruined Christmas

seeing Cody Rhodes beat Sammy live and then on television made my child punch out of the womb early in the name of holy revenge.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The Christmas turkey turned to ashes in my mouth as I remembered that the TNT belt was now accessorising with the neck tattoo

Cult of Pies
Oct 2, 2021

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

wait I thought it was the greatest year for a performer in WWE history and he was still in the title chase!

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Cody/Malakai was good until they went for a third match

it should have ended with the Glock promo, and Cody should have just gone straight into the feud with Andrade to try and regain Arn's respect and all that

but Cody just had to put himself over Malakai

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

The worst part of the Cody/Malakai feud was when Malakai was attacked by Rosario Dawson and flailed around trying to get her off him like a Looney Tunes character being attacked by a bee.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/NYCDemonD1va/status/1499918372582174724

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
surely, this time, things will be different