Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

This news hits me on a personal level. after Chris Evans had me arrested after asking me to marry him I've largely moved my attention on to Anthony Starr. its hard to run when you've got a cramp from sitting in one position for a long time so I might get beaten up next time he finds me in our game of erotic hide-and-seek.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
uhhh……what

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Remember when like half the cast of Lost were charged with drunk driving. One assault doesn't seem too bad especially since he's Australian.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Escobarbarian posted:

uhhh……what

At first I didn't think he was getting my letters but then I noticed subtle changes in his acting during The Boys Season 2, so I knew just like with Chris he was sending me a message. In my letters I talk a lot about binding and being bound. So when Anthony put a restraining order on me it was some next level kinky poo poo. Instead of me binding his body, he was binding my access to him, he was binding my affection. Now I have to hide in order to be close to him. Just thinking about it makes me so loving hard, he's such an erotic genius.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mu Zeta posted:

Remember when like half the cast of Lost were charged with drunk driving. One assault doesn't seem too bad especially since he's Australian.

I always assumed when the dude from Wilfred beat up a bus driver, he was wearing the dog suit at the time.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Open Source Idiom posted:

Raised By Wolves is 100% made by people who a) know they're being cancelled and b) see this as a joyous opportunity.

It is amazing and I am totally here for this wild ride.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/atlantafx/status/1499791788483223554?s=21

Gonna make a thread for this soon

bou
Aug 3, 2006

Agents of Shield was a good show, but the best thing that came out of it were the Karaoke battles between the casts of AoS and Agent Carter.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Sounds like the Quantum Leap reboot pilot is coming along more than I thought it would.

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1499822832150142982?s=20&t=QKvU4qhuSudSRN4dud3WtA

Hopefully Bakula comes back in some capacity.

I had wondered where they would go with the lead, maybe a female lead this time to change things up. I'm not familiar with this actor, but hopefully he brings the charm Bakula brought to the series.

If he's in the 1980s, seems like they might set the new QL contemporaneously with today, at least going by the actor's age, rather than 10-15 years in the future like the original series did. Of course maybe they'll drop the "in his lifetime" conceit. It's not like the original didn't play with that a bit.

Teek fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 4, 2022

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qE5yvuKoFmE

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Teek posted:

If he's in the 1980s, seems like they might set the new QL contemporaneously with today, at least going by the actor's age, rather than 10-15 years in the future like the original series did. Of course maybe they'll drop the "in his lifetime" conceit. It's not like the original didn't play with that a bit.

It still annoys me that he could go back to the Civil War because even though it wasn't in his lifetime, it was in his great grandfather's lifetime and they shared DNA

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The series gave us a Satan-influenced leader. DnA hijinks was the least of its later concerns.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Raymond Lee better be able to sing, they certainly allowed Bakula to belt them out from time to time. The Man of La Mancha leap is still one of my favorite episodes of the original.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Medullah posted:

It still annoys me that he could go back to the Civil War because even though it wasn't in his lifetime, it was in his great grandfather's lifetime and they shared DNA

They do that and suddenly half the budget is period-appropriate Regency Era costuming, or Sam fighting dinosaurs.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://deadline.com/2022/03/nailed-it-halloween-episode-cut-strike-netflix-series-shuts-down-union-contract-1234969551/

i guess i can't say i'm too surprised that trying to unionize has resulted in the Nailed It franchise being functionally cancelled. netflix probably always saw it as a cheap rinky dink production and the production company probably felt similarly. still sucks though, it was an evergreen concept that could have gone on forever

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Mar 4, 2022

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Teek posted:

Hopefully Bakula comes back in some capacity.

Voice of Ziggy

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Episode 7, course 3 of Frogger....my GOD.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Argue posted:

It really rubs me the wrong way how AoS is one of the few shows where every time discussion of it starts, someone has to come in and say something along the lines of "I can't believe people like this awful show". This doesn't happen even a quarter as often with any other show that a lot of people like!

Because there's a lot of people who don't like it? Lol, why are you trying to stifle TV convo in the convo thread?

e: it's a very niche show, that you have to like a lot of particular things to jump aboard on.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Google Butt posted:

Agent Carter is the best out of all those shows

How was the second season? I felt like the first season didn't get as good as I hoped, despite how awesome the actors were on the show.

e:

Escobarbarian posted:

uhhh……what

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Vitruvian Manic posted:

At first I didn't think he was getting my letters but then I noticed subtle changes in his acting during The Boys Season 2, so I knew just like with Chris he was sending me a message. In my letters I talk a lot about binding and being bound. So when Anthony put a restraining order on me it was some next level kinky poo poo. Instead of me binding his body, he was binding my access to him, he was binding my affection. Now I have to hide in order to be close to him. Just thinking about it makes me so loving hard, he's such an erotic genius.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Azhais posted:

Voice of Ziggy

Deborah Pratt is an Executive Producer on the reboot, so I'm guessing/hoping she'd probably return.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I wonder if they had a backup planned if he said no. Or would they have scrapped the entire episode because it hinges on the Quantum Leap reference?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Raised By Wolves is 100% made by people who a) know they're being cancelled and b) see this as a joyous opportunity.

It's pretty consistent that every episode I say "oh what the gently caress" at least once

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I yelled what so many times at this week's Raised by Wolves.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

NBC has terminated its next-day streaming agreement with Hulu, so beginning with the 2022 - 23 season (~September), shows will no longer be showing up on Hulu the day after their on-air broadcast.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

muscles like this! posted:

Look it's perfectly normal for a woman to get turned into a tree that produces bloody fruit that her husband eats okay

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Bakula should be the new Al. Like, Sam but now in the Al role.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

:same:

also, this week's Servant was good and weird and hosed up

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Why did I have to hunt for Our Flag Means Death on HBO? Put that poo poo on the front page if it's a premiere, jesus.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

oh jay posted:

I wonder if they had a backup planned if he said no. Or would they have scrapped the entire episode because it hinges on the Quantum Leap reference?

It doesn't really hinge on it. They have several theories about what is happening to them and Quantum Leap is just one of them, and they didn't need Bakula to be there to think it's Quantum Leap. Him being in the episode and doing that song is just a nice bonus.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I never felt so particularly insulted as I did when during Joseph Gordon Levitt's new Uber biopic, a wall breaking narrator careens in to repeat the same exact dialogue as the characters just said a few seconds ago.

It's like someone wanted to make The Big Short for toddlers lol

By the end of the future opening flashing back to ten years later to show the Uber CEO meek before he broke free or whatever the gently caress, I was done with it. Only took 3 minutes ha

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I've started watching Lower Decks and I laughed pretty hard at the First Officer just constantly hitting a guy with the double axehandle. Also got a big laugh at "the most important member of Starfleet, Chief Miles O'Brien."

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

I've started watching Lower Decks and I laughed pretty hard at the First Officer just constantly hitting a guy with the double axehandle. Also got a big laugh at "the most important member of Starfleet, Chief Miles O'Brien."

Lower Decks has a ton of those moments, including some super deep cuts from Star Trek. You don't have to be a Star Trek fan to enjoy it, but the more you know the more the little "inside" jokes hit. My favorite is at the end of the second season when Tendi gets promoted to be the First Science Officer and she is says "omg like Jadzia Dax?!?" and the doctor's response is "who the gently caress is Dax? No, like Spock!"

How do you feel about commemorative plates?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

It's the best Trek since DS9.

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

oh jay posted:

I'm sure it was more like,

Glenn/Day/Mac: "We should do a Quantum leap thing"
Day/Mac: "Do you think Bakula would want to guest star?"
Glenn: "Let's have our agent call him"
Agent: "OK, he's interested but he has to sing."
All: "We can work with that."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It's the best Trek since DS9.

It really is. And it's because it's a sequel series featuring just a ship with a crew in the prime timeline dealing with Star Trek poo poo. It's not a prequel, it's not set in the past slightly before TOS but everything is entirely different from TOS and then it's set way in the future. It's not a character action/drama featuring basically no ship and no Star Trek poo poo. (Also it's really funny)

All people want is another 7 season, 150 episode series about a crew exploring different planets and running into weird space beings across the galaxy and I don't know why they won't just make that loving show. Literally another company made that show before Paramount has.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've only watched the first 2 episodes of season 2 so far and it's just such a wonderfully stupid and frankly quite bad show that is also absolutely great fun and enjoyable to watch, just like season 1. There's nothing quite like it on television.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shageletic posted:

How was the second season? I felt like the first season didn't get as good as I hoped, despite how awesome the actors were on the show.

I felt let down by the second season of Agent Carter after how good I thought season 1 was, but it was still good enough to watch the whole thing and be sad when it didn't get picked up for a season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Okay, Our Flag Means Death is extremely my poo poo. It's kinda like if Blackadder did a pirate season. Not at that level yet, but it's got a ton of potential.