Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Blue heelers are great dogs. Goofy as hell. We've got one that's mixed with (we suspect) border collie and he's awesome. Terrified of our cat (justified as the cat is a jerk), somehow has zero herding instinct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

ah, but you see, the great warrior-poet Snoop Dogg once collaborated with The Doors and stated "the wheels won't stop, 200 off the highway, fresh up off the block", in this essay I will

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

A friend just told me that she thinks I look like Elizabeth Banks and I plan to be insufferable about this for the rest of the day. That is all.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I initially went with wheels because there's such thing as 2 door cars, and that office chairs have 5 wheels, generally.

Leperflesh posted:

do gears count as wheels? how about pulleys. How about the rollers in conveyer belts?
lots of machines have wheels in them. Hmm, machines often have doors too though.

e.
https://twitter.com/sferenchak/status/1499620904917078018
Yes but how many tiny little doors do they make???

Wouldn't the pedantic in you say "tires are not wheels"?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Braksgirl posted:

A friend just told me that she thinks I look like Elizabeth Banks and I plan to be insufferable about this for the rest of the day. That is all.

Maybe she actually meant Tyra Banks

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Elden Ring is so so good. I've bounced off of the other soulslike game hard but I can't get enough of this one. The open world makes it much better.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

General Dog posted:

Maybe she actually meant Tyra Banks

I would be fine with that as well.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Hot Diggity! posted:

Elden Ring is so so good. I've bounced off of the other soulslike game hard but I can't get enough of this one. The open world makes it much better.

Its so big I'm getting legit decision paralysis on what to do. At least with dark souls there was a semi-defined path, or with Horizon I see quest markers but I just kinda get overwhelmed and don't want to play for too long lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

seiferguy posted:

Its so big I'm getting legit decision paralysis on what to do. At least with dark souls there was a semi-defined path, or with Horizon I see quest markers but I just kinda get overwhelmed and don't want to play for too long lol

I found a map that shows the general progress with approx. levels per zone that might be helpful. Spoilered below just in case you don't want to see it.

I'm still only low level 20's so I've been wandering around Limgrave and and the Weeping Peninsula and checking out random spots that look like buildings on the map. I love how it's undefined.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Braksgirl posted:

You know you look like Ronda Rousey.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bob Odenkirk talking about the widowmaker he had on set and what it took to keep him alive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjJrcVnHWpQ

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Seeing favorable comparisons to BOTW in general circles (yes, I know botw is not well liked in this thread so spare me the "it's botw but actually good") makes me super curious about Elden Ring but I've also seen enough classic soulsborne "hey you know what, gently caress you specifically" clips to know I'd probably bounce off it like the others.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

seiferguy posted:

I initially went with wheels because there's such thing as 2 door cars, and that office chairs have 5 wheels, generally.

Five pairs of wheels, so ten total. At least in my experience

Also slide-out drawers have 4 wheels each

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Silly Burrito posted:

You know you look like Ronda Rousey.

Dangerous but chinny when someone can fight back?

I suppose that's good and bad news for your kids.

Manoueverable posted:

Seeing favorable comparisons to BOTW in general circles (yes, I know botw is not well liked in this thread so spare me the "it's botw but actually good") makes me super curious about Elden Ring but I've also seen enough classic soulsborne "hey you know what, gently caress you specifically" clips to know I'd probably bounce off it like the others.

It's my first true souls game (I played Nioh but that's its own thing). I'm doing ok, cheesed some leveling, making a little progress. My plan was to be way overleveled to put up with my terrible, terrible ability, but according to that map I'm hanging out in an appropriate zone and don't feel like I'm getting killed undeservedly. I'm more cursing myself than the game.

Embracing that you're just going to eat it constantly seems to be the main difference between these types of games and others.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 4, 2022

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Refrigerators have doors AND wheels, usually. There are wheels so you can slide the fridge out if you need to. At least our fridge has them.

Grittybeard posted:

Dangerous but chinny when someone can fight back?

I suppose that's good and bad news for your kids.

We both have hooded eyes and narrow-ish noses. That's pretty much where the similarities end. Ronda could absolutely kick my rear end, no question. But I'm still a bad bitch.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Every cupboard has a door, my kitchen alone has 36 doors, one for each chamber of the Shaolin.

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug

Hot Diggity! posted:

I found a map that shows the general progress with approx. levels per zone that might be helpful. Spoilered below just in case you don't want to see it.

I'm still only low level 20's so I've been wandering around Limgrave and and the Weeping Peninsula and checking out random spots that look like buildings on the map. I love how it's undefined.

This is awesome; thanks for posting it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Do hoods and trunks count as doors? How about glove boxes and center consoles? The little cover over the USB ports? Is my steering wheel and AC controls counted with the wheels too?

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Manoueverable posted:

Seeing favorable comparisons to BOTW in general circles (yes, I know botw is not well liked in this thread so spare me the "it's botw but actually good")

Jesus, really? It's like the only game I played in adulthood that came close to capturing the magic I felt playing video games as a kid.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Love sitting through a review of an anonymous employee survey and seeing a bunch of answers from someone pissed off about vaccination requirements

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Wouldn't the pedantic in you say "tires are not wheels"?

no?
tires are definitely a variety of wheel

I'm sorta amazed nobody made a joke about artisanal wagon wheels yet

T-Square
May 14, 2009

fsif posted:

Jesus, really? It's like the only game I played in adulthood that came close to capturing the magic I felt playing video games as a kid.

I was just about to say, who the gently caress

E: On the LEGO thing I was going to be pedantic about it as well but then I realized they have to make the wheels to go with the tires also

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think Ross didn't like it but I can't think of anyone else

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The only bad part of BOTW is you get the motorcycle at the end when there’s nothing left to do.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Kalli posted:

Bob Odenkirk talking about the widowmaker he had on set and what it took to keep him alive:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjJrcVnHWpQ
My job involves defib development so it's cool as hell to hear stories about this. It's neat to hear him specify that it wasn't a "heart attack", shows he actually paid attention when people were talking to him about it afterwards. Not having an AED on a set is pretty :stare: though

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Pops Mgee posted:

The only bad part of BOTW is you get the motorcycle at the end when there’s nothing left to do.

Sick wheelies while stunting on lionels doesn't count?

(i agree, it was fun DLC up to the motorcycle tho and I guess it's now my mount while I try to even get above 50% completion)

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Someone described Elden Ring as BOTW if it hated you, and that seems apt.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Fifty Three posted:

My job involves defib development so it's cool as hell to hear stories about this. It's neat to hear him specify that it wasn't a "heart attack", shows he actually paid attention when people were talking to him about it afterwards. Not having an AED on a set is pretty :stare: though

I’m skeptical of the timing for several reasons (12min is a loooooong time in resus) but refractory VF/VT finally breaking without antiarrhythmics is lucky as hell. CPR saves loving lives.

Either way I’m glad they did a good job and that Bob is still with us. He’s a treasure.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

seiferguy posted:

Someone described Elden Ring as BOTW if it hated you, and that seems apt.

I'm waiting until I beat Forbidden West to even start up Elden Ring, because I know once I start I'm going to be locked in on that and won't be playing anything else for a while.

Unfortunately I haven't even gotten to Aether in HFW :gonk:

Edit: and GT7 comes out today too goddamnit

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I watched someone do the Beast Clergyman boss fight and I have no idea how people do this poo poo

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Top Chef is back and I am down since it's one of my comfort food shows. One of my close friends is friends with a winner and one of the top 3 from last season so it's always interesting to hear her thoughts on things.

I just watched the Portland season.

Delightfully bingeable content

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
I think I'm finishing up HFW tonight, not 100% sure cause I don't know how close to the end I am but it feels close.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

LeeMajors posted:

I’m skeptical of the timing for several reasons (12min is a loooooong time in resus) but refractory VF/VT finally breaking without antiarrhythmics is lucky as hell. CPR saves loving lives.

Either way I’m glad they did a good job and that Bob is still with us. He’s a treasure.
Yeah, that's a good point. And the "I heard people yelling around me" which nah you're out cold if it's SCA. Who knows, either way yeah glad he's still around.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

fsif posted:

I'm of the same opinion but the last time it came up a lot of people were pretty vocal about not liking it and there's a couple other TFF regulars who Kramer into Nintendo threads about how actually BOTW is a bad game every time it gets brought up so I presumed that was kind of the prevailing opinion.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Currently in Vegas again. Done with meetings but I'm stuck on my hotel room doing work until 5pm....... Wish I had requested today off!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I want to get Elden Ring but CK3 has replaced Civ as my main gaming addiction, and every time I start up CK3 I don’t stop until I have a headache and my entire real life family is pissed at me

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I’m currently a gay Duke trying to seduce and romance high prowess fighters to come to my realm and serve as knights

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Pron on VHS posted:

I want to get Elden Ring but CK3 has replaced Civ as my main gaming addiction, and every time I start up CK3 I don’t stop until I have a headache and my entire real life family is pissed at me

Same buddy same, including my previous addiction to Civ.

My recent game that I just bailed on, I was Waldensian and I had converted like half of Europe. I had taken over Orthodox for 2nd most popular Christianity sect and I was on my way to topping Catholicism. loving Pope declared a Holy War on me and I was winning, but it was turning into a real slog.

Bird in a Blender fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Mar 4, 2022

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

CK is one of those games I would probably love if I powered through, hosed around, and failed a few times. It has been one I dip my toe into every once and a while since Idle Thumbs and the Tragedy of Ragnar, but have just never gotten fully into.

For now it's Elden Ring when I'm solo and Borderlands 3 on Discord nights. Playing Borderlands in relatively short chunks (admittedly usually drinking and/or high) means I am *just* about able to remember all the systems by the time we're done, then forget it all by the next time we play.

Also our manager sent an invite to happy hour at the end of March named "Happy Hour: About Time", and I'm real tempted to send the clip from the end of the Starcraft 2 announcement trailer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

T-Square posted:

I have no idea, but she’s a very young (~1 year I think) heeler so my guess is she’ll probably get off on herding/harassing them, although I doubt she would hurt them intentionally. Both of my boys have recently cost me close to $4,000 in likely stress-related urinary issues, so that’s my my main reason for not wanting to introduce a new doggo into the home unfortunately.

Oh I wasn't asking to pressure you about it, we live in the twin cities area and I have been thinking about talking to my wife about getting another dog with me hopefully having a better work/life balance here soon.