Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
That makes sense to me since her bunny look for the Spring Has Sprung runway has a mask that really gives off Sailor Stars vibes to me and it took me a while to place it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm so mad that they didn't do "Today's mini challenge is brought to you by thick ropes."

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Congratulations to Lil Poundcake for winning that LYSFL

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
that outfit Kerri had on was one of the most hideous things on the runway all season

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.

big dyke energy posted:

I think she was referencing (is this a spoiler? I'll edit if need be) Sailor V, she just couldn't mention a copywrited character? Because that outfit was 110% a Sailor V homage, but instead she has to say 'living my anime super hero fantasy and also the glasses are a reference to Dame Edna'

My watch group immediately clocked Heather's superhero outfit from Silent Hill 3, but that might be a bit TOO obscure (and referencing the same thing)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I don't know why Deja is still on the season. Her outfits suck, her jokes don't land, she spent last week's episode being weirdly aggressive at everyone for no reason. Half the time it looks like she's angling disingenuously for Miss Congeniality.

gandlethorpe posted:

I'm honestly living for how she doesn't hide how competitive she is or back down from having opinions that ruffle feathers.

The worst part about Daya is that she actually is cowardly and two faced while also ruffling feathers. Give me Willam any day.

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Ironic Twist posted:

that outfit Kerri had on was one of the most hideous things on the runway all season
And her heart was on the wrong tiddy.

UKvsTW really did rob us. Jimbo revealed on insta he was going to do Amy Sedaris or Bobcat Goldthwait for Snatch Game and if he had done 80s era Bobcat, I believe Ru would have lost his absolute poo poo.

I also wonder how (and who) Lemon would have done. She was solid on her season during Snatch Game and all the acting challenges. :(

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I do think it's funny that Bosco won the reading channel by using old Reddit and tumblr memes though, Ru is too old

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/willowpillqueen/status/1498040337738219527?s=21

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

In light of recent developments and Willow Pill's statement, Willow Pill has been disqu

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!
Delighted by the win, but bittersweet about the queen who was sent home.

I still think All Stars rules need to go. I'm glad that the eliminated queen has gotten more exposure.

This is not the final 4 I expected. Finale next week. No idea who I'm rooting for at this point Lies. Juju first, Mo second, nobody else. But I'm putting money on Baga.

Nihonniboku fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Mar 2, 2022

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

Delighted by the win, but bittersweet about the queen who was sent home.

I still think All Stars rules need to go. I'm glad that the eliminated queen has gotten more exposure.

This is not the final 4 I expected. Finale next week. No idea who I'm rooting for at this point Lies. Juju first, Mo second, nobody else. But I'm putting money on Baga.

Mo first, Juju second. Money’s on Blu

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

garthoneeye posted:

Mo first, Juju second. Money’s on Blu

Why is your money on them?

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

Nihonniboku posted:

Why is your money on them?

I think they’re going to give the crown to a UK queen and I think Blu’s got a better overall response from the judges.

That being said the Top 4 is fairly even. Each has been in the Top 2 once; Mo, Baga, and Blu have each been in the bottom once; Juju and Blu have a badge. There really isn’t one who is an obvious front runner, so it should probably come down to who does the best in the final episode.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Keep in mind the format of the finale...

US girls are gonna eat up the UK girls in a LSFTC barring shenanigans. Juju has the best chance, since track record shouldn't be a factor. And honestly, going from her lip syncing to the finale in S2 to losing two AS seasons and finally winning queen of the world with 3 bottoms through a lip sync tournament would be a gag.

Funny what the implication is that a season called UK vs the World ended up with a finale of only UK and US queens. Mo better have picked Baga.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
meh

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
So very tired of seeing Baga on screen

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

So did one of Juju's suitcases finally arrive?

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Eej posted:

Big same. I just find her profoundly unlikeable and she always seems incredibly insincere.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Drimble Wedge posted:

So did one of Juju's suitcases finally arrive?

Guess so! Glad to see her actually competing now, though I really thought Mo had the lip sync and I say this as a Juju stan.

also this

Eej posted:

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Mo's runways are so drat good!

Eej posted:

:same: times a thousand and one.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I wish they would have gone with international lip sync assassins. Maybe next season.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This all feels like a ploy to finally get Juju her award and fame. She coasts to the finals on some Wal-mart costumes and now it's time to break out the big guns.

I'll tune in next week but gently caress - what a dumb season.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

while I do dislike that the queens I’d consider the most entertaining got sniped early and we were deprived of their presences on tv, I can’t deny that production has set up the thorough line for juju to snatch the crown. “coast and look unassuming until top 4, then turn and slay” is a goopworthy narrative for a fan favourite legend

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
https://www.instagram.com/p/CaqFE1-PCaw/?utm_medium=share_sheet

Willow has come out as trans. The power of Kerri.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Five trans girls in the season. :kiddo:

Some of the judging has been...interesting, but I genuinely love S14's cast across the board.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Kerri should have MC in the bag now

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Read After Burning posted:

Some of the judging has been...interesting, but I genuinely love S14's cast across the board.

That's my take as well. I love all of these girls, it's a joy to watch.

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
Just saw UK All Stars episode 4.

I hate all stars rules.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

curiousTerminal posted:

I hate all stars rules.

They went from an exciting season to a lackluster one. Pfeh.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

curiousTerminal posted:

I hate all stars rules.

Well, rumor is they finally get rid of this style of All Stars rules for the upcoming US All Stars which apparently includes at least one queen from an international franchise.

GrandmaParty posted:

They went from an exciting season to a lackluster one. Pfeh.

What was the exciting season?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Nihonniboku posted:

What was the exciting season?

The "Pangina and Jimbo Variety Show with Jujubee Commentary" Season.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

The "Pangina and Jimbo Variety Show with Jujubee Commentary" Season.

Oh I see now. I misread that.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
https://twitter.com/thedragreview/status/1499784396622098432?s=20&t=pvDrYwj7FARkC3Y1kSHolg

Are we ready for more international drag races? Hosted by Nicky Doll this time, which is cool, but interesting considering how early she left. Not that I’m complaining tho.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

This might be a dumb question but is there a list of every lip synch song?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Tulalip Tulips posted:

This might be a dumb question but is there a list of every lip synch song?

This might do the trick https://rupaulsdragrace.fandom.com/wiki/List_of_Lip_Sync_Performances/RuPaul%27s_Drag_Race

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

jimmydalad posted:

Are we ready for more international drag races? Hosted by Nicky Doll this time, which is cool, but interesting considering how early she left. Not that I’m complaining tho.

Neat!

I would have much preferred Nicky Doll be in S12's top three over Gigi. :shrug:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

gandlethorpe posted:

Funny what the implication is that a season called UK vs the World ended up with a finale of only UK and US queens. Mo better have picked Baga.

This leaves such a weird taste in my mouth. It's like All Stars 2, which while an excellent season, was extremely Season 5-2, and the girls/production kept it that way.
I like the idea that they're going to try a new format but I have no doubt it's going to be just another "rigged behind the curtains so that the producers can do whatever they want" situation.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

This is great! I definitely had convinced myself they'd had a lip synch to Tell It to My Heart but I am very wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

Tulalip Tulips posted:

This is great! I definitely had convinced myself they'd had a lip synch to Tell It to My Heart but I am very wrong.

Detox and Alyssa Edwards did in AS2. :) I think that list only includes main season lipsyncs.

Looks like the video isn't on Youtube due to copyright stuff, but here's a version where the audio is Rupaul covering the song instead, ha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzo2nQmoJTM