Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Puppy Time posted:

I should have realized that mentioning shoplifting would turn this into a thread about shoplifting.

Not that this is a particularly focused thread at the best of times it's just kind of funny how people take any distraction from Jorpin' Joe whenever they can. :v:

there wont be much content until jorp sets up his scam university

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
broke: giving a veneer of respectability to fascist ideology by obfuscating it with a lot of big words and no actual thought
woke: stealing from corporations

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Yeah, Jorp seems to have become real quiet as of late.

Good!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"If you don't got nuthin' politically asinine to say, then don't say nuthin' at all..."

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
I would have imagined Jorp having some strong opinions on the war in Ukraine, I guess not then.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's all a big part of the reactionary stew. Suburban white people are basically all raised to be cops.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Well, if he comes out against Ukraine, I think even a lot of his own followers will be against that.

And if he sides with Ukraine, that'd show that he has a sliver of humanity and empathy and good lord, can't have that.

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
His galaxy brain needs some time to digest his podcast guest explaining that Putin's Russia, the model state for reactionary conservatives worldwide, is on the wrong side of history in 2022. Maybe there's a 50/50 chance it will take hold. I haven't sat through the whole thing but from what I did see they're trying to spin it as "Putin is a communist" without acknowledging the history of (and political elevation into power of) Russian Fascism since the fall of the USSR.

The Sausages fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Mar 3, 2022

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
From what I've seen he's gone with the idea that Putin is bad but he's been embolden but weakness in the West.

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.
Maintenance Phase, a podcast about everything terrible in the dieting and health industry, released part one of a series on Peterson. It mostly focuses on the carnivore diet and won't have too much new info for thread regulars but it was interesting. I for one did not know that Peterson's depression during adolescence was so bad he described it as "waking up every morning and remembering that your entire family died the day before".

https://maintenancephase.buzzsprout.com/1411126/10164421-jordan-peterson-part-1-the-carnivore-diet

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Doctor Spaceman posted:

From what I've seen he's gone with the idea that Putin is bad but he's been embolden but weakness in the West.

By weakness I am assuming he is talking about respecting people's pronouns right?

Honestly I can't imagine he actually has a coherent thought on Russia/anything and even if he did it's impossible to tell since he talks in a word salad designed to make idiots think he is smart

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

B-Rock452 posted:

By weakness I am assuming he is talking about respecting people's pronouns right?
Also retweeting stuff about Germany's energy policy but his issue there is with the idea of doing anything at all about climate change and not the specifics.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Also retweeting stuff about Germany's energy policy but his issue there is with the idea of doing anything at all about climate change and not the specifics.

A little ironic since it should be a slam dunk that Germany closed its nuclear plants to appease the hippies who can't tell The Simpsons from reality meaning they're now reliant on Russian fossil fuels to not freeze to death in the winter

But the chuds have never been good at understanding 'material conditions'.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

B-Rock452 posted:

Honestly I can't imagine he actually has a coherent thought on Russia/anything and even if he did it's impossible to tell since he talks in a word salad designed to make idiots think he is smart

Yeah, anybody expecting him to take a specific, defensible side doesn't seem to understand the principles of Jorpist thought.

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

Kevin DuBrow posted:

Maintenance Phase, a podcast about everything terrible in the dieting and health industry, released part one of a series on Peterson. It mostly focuses on the carnivore diet and won't have too much new info for thread regulars but it was interesting. I for one did not know that Peterson's depression during adolescence was so bad he described it as "waking up every morning and remembering that your entire family died the day before".

https://maintenancephase.buzzsprout.com/1411126/10164421-jordan-peterson-part-1-the-carnivore-diet

I've had some bad sadbrains and I almost had a burst of sympathy until I remembered that part of my recovery was learning that the way I thought was fundamentally hosed and that I needed to learn how to approach thinking differently. It looks like Jorp decided that the black-and-white thinking, catastrophizing and broken interpersonal skills were awesome and he decided to double down and keep them.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
whats jorps opinion on the gays? i know he loving hates trans people but i dont think ive ever seen him talk about gay people

Dongsturm
Feb 17, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

whats jorps opinion on the gays? i know he loving hates trans people but i dont think ive ever seen him talk about gay people

He's a fundie Christian, I don't think we even need to go looking on this one.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Robo Reagan posted:

he's iirc retweeted the ACP, a pediatrician splinter group that formed because they don't think gay people should be able to adopt children

chippy
Aug 16, 2006

OK I DON'T GET IT

Robo Reagan posted:

Wasn't he opposed to a ban on conversion therapy? Although that may have just been because Trudeau supported it.

e: Also thinks gay couples can't raise kids properly because you need one manly butch manly man and one chaos dragon to do it properly.

chippy fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 3, 2022

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:
His daughter drug his zombified body to a shady hospital in eastern Europe so he could be put into a coma and withdraw from benzos while she partied with her war criminal boyfriend so we probably shouldn't take his parenting advice

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
jordan peterson is one of those "gay people are totally fine as long as they don't say anything or demand equal treatment" types

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

He's probably waiting for Joe Rogan's take on Ukraine first so he knows which way the wind blows

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Cosmik Slop posted:

the principles of Jorpist thought.

I love this term, and entire turn of phrase.

"That's incredibly Jorpist of you to say that, let alone think it."

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
jorpist, the sequel to riven

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
"i believe you have the right to choose to not contribute to the genetic destiny of mankind"

- jordan peterson, probably

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I love this term, and entire turn of phrase.

"That's incredibly Jorpist of you to say that, let alone think it."

Jorpism-Roganism

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Woolie Wool posted:

Jorpism-Roganism

These days, we are awash on Jorpist Roganism.

Furthermore... :goonsay:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Kevin DuBrow posted:

thanks for this. the dude sounded familiar and it turned out it was michael hobbes, who does good poo poo on the IDW

less than halfway through and they're talking about how jorp uses words in his own unique, dumbass jorpian way and i'm so glad someone has finally talked about it. which leads me to...

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Referring to a more-or-less abstract force of goodness/love as "God" is a pretty common thought. I've met self-identified Christians who don't believe in the God that is, like, an entity with a voice and opinions, but is just the act of loving your fellow man. I don't know if it's a specific named school of thought; it probably is, but I have encountered plenty of people who subscribe to the basic teachings of Jesus without viewing him as an active enforcer.

Jorp is that specific branch of evangelical who believes all men would be rapists and murderers if they did not have an external, insurmountable authority threatening to punish them for eternity. He cannot envision the inner life of someone who is not a frothing psychopath who fantasizes about punting toddlers, so obviously anyone else who shows basic regard for human life is doing so out of a conscious or subconscious deferrence to a divine authority.

He just also adds an extra layer of stupidity because his whole brand is selling evangelical christianity to disaffected insternet atheists, so he appropriates the beliefs of the aforementioned "atheist" Christians, or whatever the proper term is, to sell his goods. Jorp definitely subscribes to a view of "all sinners go to hell" Christianity, even if he will never say it out loud.

If you're puzzled at the lack of internal consistency ("God is love" people tend to not believe in Dante's version of hell and view the afterlife in terms of Purgatory and Heaven, if at all), it's because there is none. None of Jorp's ideas are fully formed or derived from first principles.

apologies, i somehow missed this until now, but isn't what you're describing something that i guess could be defined as not exactly Christian, but, to use richard dawkins' term, CULTURALLY Christian? like, i know plenty of people that identify as Christian but don't go to church or are deep into prayer or the Bible or basically anything that requires putting work into being a Christian. but they still identify as such because it's mostly how they were raised AND that they do believe in a few basic things, like the existence of a specific kind of God.

Robo Reagan posted:

the gay adoption thing was mentioned but to add to that, he does his obnoxious jorp thing where he doesn't outright opposing gay adoptions but emphasized just how incredibly and substantially superior straight adoptions are.

he says he could see himself supporting something like gay marriage, if only to make sure the gays stop having all kinds of promiscuous, non-biblically approved sex, but also that he wouldn't support it if it was backed by cultural marxists.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
Does Peterson have any connections to russia? Maybe he's benzo prescription just got cut off

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Mr Interweb posted:

less than halfway through and they're talking about how jorp uses words in his own unique, dumbass jorpian way

Uhhhh, I'll have you know that Shakespeare did thi

The Fattest PI posted:

Does Peterson have any connections to russia? Maybe he's benzo prescription just got cut off

His daughter's ex-husband was a rower for the USSR in the 1988 Olympics, years before she was born. He's also 28 years older than her. They have a kid together. I wonder if Jorp's decades-long mental abuse influence had anything to do with her thinking that marriage or partner was a good decision. AFAIK, she was also the one to suggest he get treatment in the Russia.

He's a famous guy, regardless of how we view him, and I wonder if it made any difference with connections in Russia, considering his ex-son-in-law.

EDIT: Ok, Google keeps mixing up Mikhaila's NOT ex-husband?? (they separated???) with an old rower of the same name, also from Russia. The actual husband is a young guy, but he also has his own host of mental issues, from what I found:

quote:

Peterson and Korikov met when they were both students at Ryerson University. Speaking of her first impression of Korikov, she said she was first scared of him.

He told her he had been shot at as a kid, he was a black belt, he had a demon in him named Igor, and he also practiced sword work. However, he also intrigued her and the pair eventually started dating.

That definitely sounds intriguing and like a normal person that other normal people would like to date. Mikhaila herself also allegedly has all sorts of issues:

quote:

Peterson struggled with various health ailments since she was 7 years old. By the age of 22, she had been diagnosed with depression, bipolar type II, idiopathic hypersomnia, Lyme disease, and more.

Google also showed me that there's an anti-Peterson reddit, and it has a summary of the Jorp Benzo coma and Mikhaila's life that mocks Jorp's idea of discipline, control, and the natural hierarchy of the world. I added some paragraphing and formatting so it's not a wall of text:

https://www.reddit.com/r/enoughpetersonspam/comments/q53ppd/previous_post_has_been_removed_at_the_request_of/

quote:

She was hooking up with demon-possesed russian guy, called Andrey Korikov (check out his instagram, last picture is pure gold). Since Mikhaila stopped taking pill and kept having sex....she got knocked up after few months of dating. These two married wnen Mikhaila was 9 month pregnant due to intense pressure from her family. In her podcast, she declared she never wanted any of this to happen, but at the time felt she has no other choice (she couldn't bring herself to abort it, and being a single mother was unacceptable in Jordan Peterson's household). Funny thing, Andrey russian family hated her with passion and was strongly oppose them getting married.

Once married, couple moved to a penthause in downtown Toronto that Jordan has purchased for Mikhaila. During this time Mikhaila was managing Jordan's calendar and was his only point of contact with external world, as she said it "no-one could reach my father without passing through me". She declared herself to be a CEO of his company and also pretended to be him when running his twitter, instagram and other social media channels while he was drifting away from reality into a benzo haze.

quote:

It seems that it's the instagram where she met Andrew Tate, who helped her to prepare and sell her subscription program called "Lion's Lair" - for only 600 dollars per year you could get access to Mikhaila and receive daily advises on how to eat nothing but beef, what a treat.

Seriously, google this Andrew Tate's guy- he is even crazier than her. He is british, ex mma fighter and big brother participant, he fled Police from UK to Romania (not sure what was it about- taxes, domestic violence or other offences). In Romania, he made a living by engaging in human trafficking and selling subscription programs of "how to be a man" while driving rented Porshe. Mikhaila was clearly impressed by him, becasue she left her baby and ex husband in order to hook up with Tate in Romania. She was already planning on moving to Romania and shared those plans via her social media.

quote:

After full year of simping, Mikhaila's separated husband, Andrey, decided to give her what she wanted. He agreed to find a hospital in Moscow that will put Jordan Peterson in medically induced coma. At this point Mikhaila had made few hundred calls trying to arrange coma-on-demand for her dad but was told off by all medical facilities in the West.

Her husband was usefull again so Mikhaila took him back, packed her kid and barely conscious father and headed to Russia. For a year and half, four of them was traveling between Russia, Florida and Serbia. It's in Serbia where Mikhaila went partyng laughing off the covid scare, contracted covid, passed it to her dad which almost killed him, and then blamed it on her toddler ("my child must have caught the covid on the playground and passed it to the rest of the family").

quote:

After traveling, partying and experimenting with drugs (Mikhaila is advertising thai drug called Kratom and fed her father with it while he was recovering) the family moved back to Canada. Mikhaila left her brain-damaged and still taking benzos dad with her mother, Tammy, to be his care giver for life. She herself moved back to her penthouse with husband and child and started her career of a podcaster. It seems she was also pregant with her second child and gave birth this summer, but unlike with the first born, she is hiding the toddler from her social media and pretending it doesnt exist.

Lockdown was imposed on Canada due to another wave of covid. Staying locked in appartment with her husband and children made Mikhaila suffer greatly, so she packed them up and went partying again, first to Saudi Arabia, then Croatia and finally to Russia. In Moscow she has caught covid again (this time Delta variant). She went back to Canada, not sure whether she has passed it again to her dad or not.

lol, covid so nice she got it twice. Her taking over his social media during his benzo addiction might mean that she could still have the accounts in her possession and sometimes spamming for him?

PITY BONER fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Mar 4, 2022

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Hope they all catch it again repeatedly :unsmith:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

Hope they all catch it again repeatedly :unsmith:

Yes, same. Get the children the gently caress out of that situation, I legitimately feel awful for those kids.

But gently caress everyone else in this goddamned moronic, hosed up Jorpist equation. Holy christ :psyduck:

Bunch of goddamned jerps.

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
I'm starting to think this Jordan Peterson fella's projecting with the whole Clean Your Room nonsense!

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Andrew Tate? As in Cobra Tate? The most obnoxious man in the loving world?

They used to ridicule his videos on Your Mom’s House, then they eventually had him as a guest. I didn’t watch that episode because as I said, he’s the most obnoxious man in the loving world.

Nigmaetcetera fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 4, 2022

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/NiceMangos/status/1499832490671886336

well who could have expected this

PITY BONER posted:

Google also showed me that there's an anti-Peterson reddit, and it has a summary of the Jorp Benzo coma and Mikhaila's life that mocks Jorp's idea of discipline, control, and the natural hierarchy of the world. I added some paragraphing and formatting so it's not a wall of text:

https://www.reddit.com/r/enoughpetersonspam/comments/q53ppd/previous_post_has_been_removed_at_the_request_of/

oh yeah, EPS is one of the best subreddits to catalogue all things jorp

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.
That reddit post about Sad Lobster Daddy's kid is some of the most insane poo poo Ive ever read, holy gently caress.

PITY BONER
Oct 18, 2021

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yes, same. Get the children the gently caress out of that situation, I legitimately feel awful for those kids.

But gently caress everyone else in this goddamned moronic, hosed up Jorpist equation. Holy christ :psyduck:

Bunch of goddamned jerps.

J-Pete is 100% responsible for Mikhaila's fame. She wanted to be a "health" influencer and he had the cash to support her goal, so here we are. He shilled and promoted the absolute hell out of her bullshit ideas, which she claims to have learned from listening to Joe Rogan, and now she's a rising podcaster, supplement company owner, and secondary guru to Jorp fans/zombies. His son has thankfully stayed out of the limelight, but he completely funded everything to get her to where she is (and is probably still funding her company now).

Growing up in a household with TWO (2) psychologists, one that we definitely know is a lunatic, it's clear that Jorp throws all his claims out the window when it comes to how much he enables her lovely behavior and lifestyle. Her narcissism has been monetized, and I have no clue how bad having her as a mom and Jorp as a grandpa is going to affect those poor kids.

If anyone wants a taste of diarrhea, open her Instagram profile and skim a few of her podcast video clips in the Reels section. She's hitting all the same angles and topics her dad does but from a female Jorp-borg viewpoint. Anti-Islamic discussion, anti-"Western" medicine, Christian propaganda, downplaying of incel views of women, and so on. It's easy to see that, as his media handler and someone who posted as him on social media, she knows exactly how to emulate the dude and what hits with the fans and what doesn't. It's absolutely creepy: she's cosplaying her dad when it suits her.

Why is this dude so heavy on the pot-kettle-black irony posting? It's like he lives to inadvertently call himself out on social media on the reg.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

An insult is by its nature unwarranted you pompous dork. That's what makes it an insult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I'd like to contend the opposite, that no insult Jordan Peterson has ever heard has been unwarranted.