Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hour 60 of Elden Ring. Probably hour 70 too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Apparently Gran Turismo 7 came out today lol. Kinda want to check that out too

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

watch the premiere for the new season of mst3k

buh??

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Been playing ULTRAKILL, and its probably my favorite of the New Blood releases so far. i already feel like the most fun part of quake is constantly quickswitching between weapons while moving at 5000mph so doing that and adding a style meter seems like the logical next step

also i downloaded the DMC HD collection. I've only ever finished 3, years ago, and playing DMC1, is the style meter a lot less forgiving here or am i imagining things? It feels like i barely have any time to deal with another enemy after killing one, and one other thing, am i doing something wrong with the taunt cause its not doing anything, is it not yet a style meter extender like in 3?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

they did another kickstarter after netflix kicked them. joel is going to riff in one episode, i guess

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
taking my tetris grind down to just a game or two during the day. meanwhile i want to clear Kaiketsu Yanchamaru which is mostly manageable but has an absolute bullshit final boss. and then civ 4, im staying at noble difficulty but i rolled a random leader this time and got tokugawa, whose traits both apply to military units and i share a continent with montezuma so early war is more or less an inevitability

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

they did another kickstarter after netflix kicked them. joel is going to riff in one episode, i guess

neat

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

oh id didnt know it got kicked off netflix, maybe i'll give this one a shot. the netflix writers are the kiss of death on basically anything imo

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

haven't played earthbound all week so probably that. finished beating the moles in the desert cave but not sure how to finish triggering the event to make the miner find the gold.

still working through 100%ing 'what the golf' but getting kinda bored with it. the gimmicky levels that reference other games are pretty fun.

should probably go back and finish 100%ing yoshi's island too. i checked out at the special stage in world 4, the big maze. went through it twice without a guide and ended up with 19 red coins at the end one time, and 4/5 flowers the other. loving nightmare level.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

ArfJason posted:

Been playing ULTRAKILL, and its probably my favorite of the New Blood releases so far. i already feel like the most fun part of quake is constantly quickswitching between weapons while moving at 5000mph so doing that and adding a style meter seems like the logical next step

also i downloaded the DMC HD collection. I've only ever finished 3, years ago, and playing DMC1, is the style meter a lot less forgiving here or am i imagining things? It feels like i barely have any time to deal with another enemy after killing one, and one other thing, am i doing something wrong with the taunt cause its not doing anything, is it not yet a style meter extender like in 3?

I absolutely adore ultrakill and will put a bunch more time into it after elden ring. It’s so perfect just to pop in for a few levels.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Yakuza 5, Elden Ring

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

elden ring, triangle strategy

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 64 days!
im never going to stop playing elden ring

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Home from vacation and hype to get back on Dark Souls. I had the Switch with me but didn't really have much time to play, plus joycon drift made the Anor Londo catwalks impossible.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

Ultrakill is cool

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

P-Mack posted:

Home from vacation and hype to get back on Dark Souls. I had the Switch with me but didn't really have much time to play, plus joycon drift made the Anor Londo catwalks impossible.

send the joy con in to get repaired for free, i think nintendo is still doing that

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
going to New Orleans for a week on Monday so will probably be busy getting ready

cyberpunk 2077
mtg arena
street fighter v

iced matcha latte

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

pokemon legends arceus
13 sentinels

been taking my time with these but i gotta finish one soon to make room for the big game of the year (kirby)

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

country stroike

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
Going to play agricola, maybe start the last chapter or whatever its called for shovel knight.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

today's my last day at this job and i have a new computer arriving tomorrow (good financial planning) so probably some guilty gear + ffxiv tonight and elden ring for the rest of teh weekend :cheers: :cheerdoge: :cheersbird:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

rofl i typed cheersbird as a joke i didn't expect it to actually produced something

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

b_d posted:

rofl i typed cheersbird as a joke i didn't expect it to actually produced something

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

b_d posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

b_d posted:

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

b_d posted:

Lol

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

b_d posted:

Lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Animal Crossing. I never actually bothered to get KK Slider to come to the island til today.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Animal Crossing. I never actually bothered to get KK Slider to come to the island til today.

Jesus Christ

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

I got the tude now posted:

I absolutely adore ultrakill and will put a bunch more time into it after elden ring. It’s so perfect just to pop in for a few levels.

mysterious loyall X posted:

Ultrakill is cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Dear God.

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

Some things you keep to yourself

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

ArfJason posted:

style meter in dmc1 is super janky yeah. its just based on constantly applying damage to enemies and resets super quick if you stop doing that. iirc just spamming grenade launcher is a good way to get and keep s rank as long as there's enemies on screen

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
That kinda blows. I assume, unlike dmc2, dmc1 is still super worth it to beat right?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

herculon posted:

Jesus Christ

I haven’t played it for about a year and a half lol. I was getting most of my money from planting all the different fruit trees all over and farming them every couple days, turns out I just needed to chop down a couple hundred or so to get a 3-star rating

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

ArfJason posted:

That kinda blows. I assume, unlike dmc2, dmc1 is still super worth it to beat right?

Yeah DMC1 still kicks rear end. I played it for the first time like 2 years ago and really enjoyed it

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
yeah dmc1 is still cool but you have to go in thinking about it as a weird resident evil offshoot and not as what the series became from dmc3 on

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah dmc1 is cool, its kind of weird and slow and methodical but its short and neat. 2 is total trash and then 3 becomes a full brawler and kicks rear end

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

ArfJason posted:

played the demo after reading this post and it loving rules

first time i've gotten really into playing an fps in a long time, it's very addictive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Watched edge of tomorrow again with a few drinks, some Elden Ring before bed