Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

D's quest line:

I got him killed and took his armor. Found his brother right before the gargoyle fight but he won't stop sobbing.

did I gently caress it up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

J posted:

Is there a point of no return towards the end at all? Or a point where you're committed to a particular ending? I just got to the erdtree thorn wall, and the maiden showed up and said hey let's burn it go to the land of giants, then the finger reader grandma by the lift said hey these are forbidden lands and burning the erdtree is a cardinal sin, turn back, then I talked to some guy with a hat covering his face saying hey go underneath the capital and find the three fingers so you can burn it the honorable and proper way, something something lord of chaos and that sounded like two flavors of the same bad ending to me. I don't really want to commit to either of those things.

So spoilers on endings You either have the girl touch the fire and burn the erdtree for you, or go in the leyndell basement and get the blessing to use the fire yourself. Either way you will have to burn the erdtree down. Choosing to keep the fire for yourself locks you into the madness ending, having the girl burn it lets you choose from the other 4. In terms of no return, once you make your choice about who gets the giants fire the roundtable hold will be on fire and some npc stuff changes, but otherwise not much. However beating the zone after the fire Farum Azula will permanently change the game state, with smoke effects globally on the map and much of the capital city layout changed.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
So, protip: stay the gently caress out of Gael Tunnel unless you're appropriately leveled for the area, the grace point is at the bottom of a drop and you can't warp out from it :mad:

Apparently there's an exit if you just rush through and keep left, but still kinda bullshit IMO.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Jimbot posted:

Raya Academy is some real garbage. Dunno why they decided to put so many grace points together in Stormveil then spread them out across gauntlets of groups of machine gun spamming magicians. Nothing speaks of fun and challenge like dodging or getting hit by a hundred magic missiles in three seconds.

They have a critical weakness to sprinting jump attacks to the face

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
heard about a sword of similar levels of ridiculousness as the Sword of Fire & Night and the Moonveil Katana, the Blasphemous Blade, and decided I wanted it.

Went into Volcano Manor to get it, and promptly realized that there were more inquisitor golem things than I bargained for. But then I heard if you do the Volcano Manor quests, you can just skip the dungeon! So I started doing that and then the final request takes place in the Mountains of the Giants, and you can't get there unless you've beaten Leyndell. So I start going through Leyndell and god drat this place is huge. I definitely understand why people compared it to Yharnam, it's basically that but shiny instead of gothic horror.

e: oh god, it really is Yharnam, I found the real (original?) Roundtable Hold

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Mar 5, 2022

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
Man. Enjoying the game but this pipe maze sewer is boring dogshit. No I will not be coming back to figure out how to access those one way door areas, I don't give a poo poo if they hid an RPG behind one.

The late game is really making me not feel guilty about using mimic tear and sword of N&F. Gotta get my hands on some bullshit bleed now for the trifecta

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Oneiros posted:

probably the highest bodycount trap in the game and it's so simple (of course i fell for it too) ((minor spoilers if you haven't run into it yourself obviously))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDs6DZZpldw

I just wanted to get a better look at the pretty blue butterflies :negative:

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Man whomever, many pages ago, said Malenia was hot overtuned souls bullshit sure was right. Probably going to go ahead and do that last.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I just made it to Altus and wow the whole region feels very oppressive :gonk:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mailer posted:

Man whomever, many pages ago, said Malenia was hot overtuned souls bullshit sure was right. Probably going to go ahead and do that last.

Conversely, if you finish it off you'll be so goddamn strong the other endgame story bosses are chumps

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

alright alright i stabbed godrick to death at level 45 what do you want from me

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib

hatty posted:

Hammers feel really good in this game is there a better hammer than the Brick one?

YES

Giant-Crusher. 60 STR for 1 hand, so even usable 2-handed by weakling with as low as 40 STR.

It's... magnificent.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I remember getting stomped by draconic something or other underground, but i came back to him and leap attacked him into submission first try today. Now i have no idea how to move forward to the rest of the area

Blaziken386 posted:

Went into Volcano Manor to get it, and promptly realized that there were more inquisitor golem things than I bargained for. But then I heard if you do the Volcano Manor quests, you can just skip the dungeon! So I started doing that and then the final request takes place in the Mountains of the Giants, and you can't get there unless you've beaten Leyndell. So I start going through Leyndell and god drat this place is huge. I definitely understand why people compared it to Yharnam, it's basically that but shiny instead of gothic horror.

This was almost exactly my experience tonight but i haven't gotten past draconic tree sentinel yet

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

here's a q for the crew that's here in this thread, i ate a rune arc before checking out to have a nice smoke break, does the rune arc persist through closing the game or do i need to eat another one? i know that i'm the one who's been saying "ah it's just like dark souls 3's ember" this entire time but i think i can let it slip here, in the safe place of the something awful forums, that i might not know what i'm talking about

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

My Tarnished is majestic

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Blaziken386 posted:

heard about a sword of similar levels of ridiculousness as the Sword of Fire & Night and the Moonveil Katana, the Blasphemous Blade, and decided I wanted it.

e: oh god, it really is Yharnam, I found the real (original?) Roundtable Hold

Leyndell is imo the pinnacle of Fromsoft level design and I would love an entire soulslike game set inside a similarly-magnificent lived-in city. There's so much to find there it is absurd. I spent an entire day exploring it and didn't even see everything. Everything about its aesthetic is great and after spending a day there I can pretty clearly recognize where I am from whatever landmarks are in eyesight, so despite being massively complex it's manageable.

e: Yharnam in contrast felt very muddy and indistinguishable to me. Bright colors and vast distances and constant overlooking vistas in Leyndell do a lot to make everything more visually coherent

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Mar 5, 2022

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
How many memory stones are there? I have 3 somehow and only remember getting 1 from a boss and 1 from the shop.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

Cowcaster posted:

here's a q for the crew that's here in this thread, i ate a rune arc before checking out to have a nice smoke break, does the rune arc persist through closing the game or do i need to eat another one? i know that i'm the one who's been saying "ah it's just like dark souls 3's ember" this entire time but i think i can let it slip here, in the safe place of the something awful forums, that i might not know what i'm talking about

Rune arcs last until you die. They do not carry over if you get summoned though (will still be active when you return)

Barudak
May 7, 2007

pentyne posted:

How many memory stones are there? I have 3 somehow and only remember getting 1 from a boss and 1 from the shop.

You gotta buy or find the items

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ2SB8aCzC8

Elden Ring: Bloodborne 2 is still lookin' good.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Finished the game. Final boss is ugh, the story is crap, the gameplay is real good and best since DS1 shame about this crafting menu and poor use of characters it had.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is the spell Seluvis teaches that lets you “parry” magic any good? I tried using it and was not impressed

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Trying to pick a new weapon to upgrade and make Occult and I'm having to seriously resist the urge to go with the joke option of the Whip.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Willfrey posted:

Rune arcs last until you die. They do not carry over if you get summoned though (will still be active when you return)

thanks

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Any of you know, I stumbled upon the rya quest and volcano manor and I realize it’s about killing tarnished. Is this a quest thing that locks you into a bad ending or particular ending? Or should I just do the whole quest? You can spoil it for me if need be. Thanks.

tor_blackblood
Feb 14, 2012

Where death seems to dwell...
Any LLJK friends online to do some jolly cooperation against Starscourger Rhadan? I am having a difficult time gettin gud.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Blind Rasputin posted:

Any of you know, I stumbled upon the rya quest and volcano manor and I realize it’s about killing tarnished. Is this a quest thing that locks you into a bad ending or particular ending? Or should I just do the whole quest? You can spoil it for me if need be. Thanks.

To answer your question it has nothing to do with the ending and you face no penalty for just... not doing it

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat, after returning to Radahn this morning I finally beat him. What an awful fight.

^^ I definitely feel your pain as a level 56 spellblade. I ended up just hoarfrost stomping him enough, and got lucky to get the aggro away from myself eventually and having him close enough to stomp him to death.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
gently caress this fat bastard and his dumb tiny horse

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Barudak posted:

To answer your question it has nothing to do with the ending and you face no penalty for just... not doing it

Well, I do want to fight all of the Demi-gods. According to Ofnir one is up there.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Where the heck am I supposed to go in the academy? After the dog boss, I did that whole rooftop loop 3 times trying to figure out which direction to go and couldn't figure it out. Like, you kick down that ladder to shortcut to the first bonfire and theres a couple of small side areas on the way. No idea where to go for the critical path though. I did find a key I think but I don't remember any locked doors.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Go right from the big area with the scythe golems, hop the fence onto the little protruding platforms, go up the hill dodging the giant bowling balls. You end up at an elevator and then it's the boss

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Word, thanks. Ill look for that tomorrow

broken pixel
Dec 16, 2011

Shoutout to whoever in LLJK finished the game a few minutes ago! Honestly love seeing the "someone has slain a shardbearer" messages from the group. It's a neat feature.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

broken pixel posted:

Shoutout to whoever in LLJK finished the game a few minutes ago! Honestly love seeing the "someone has slain a shardbearer" messages from the group. It's a neat feature.

hey that was me!

Just finished. I think i got... the most mundane ending?

my ending spoiler......
was really hoping to see my realdoll Ranni again, pretty sure i finished out her quest correctly? I thought I was heading to a bad ending but kinda just became the Elden Lord, final pic of me was sitting on a throne with the burned tree in the background.... said it was the age of rupture or something along those lines...

curious how many endings there are... seen people here talking about bosses I never saw at the end. I was kinda rushing to the end, if i'm being completely honest some of the last areas I was just over with and wanted to see an ending... well, wish granted I got a somewhat lackluster one

Willfrey fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Mar 5, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Also I tried that dog boss like 3 times and thought it was loving impenetrable. It's move set is absolutely ridiculous. Then I remembered I had the summon spells I often forget to use and lol it's the easiest boss in the game so far if you can distract it for 2 seconds.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

D's quest line:

I got him killed and took his armor. Found his brother right before the gargoyle fight but he won't stop sobbing.

did I gently caress it up?

Did you pick up his armor

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I killed a boss and got a giant boat anchor, which is my new main weapon

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Just got to Radahn, what a weird fight. It's also really weird that almost everything in Redmane castle is dead if you progress too far elsewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Jerusalem posted:

So Wolf Bro and Giant Chill Blacksmith are cool dudes and the nice lady gave me the horsey, but I have..... concerns..... about exactly what their end goals are :ohdear:

ESPECIALLY after the sorcerer dude told me to go give a mystery potion to the nice barbarian who helped me beat Godrick's rear end.

It's important to note that literally nobody on Team Ranni likes Seluvis.

But yeah Ranni's goals are not that complicated and I'm surprised people wring their hands about them that much:

gently caress the Greater Will, the Two Fingers, and Marika in roughly that order. She's planning on usurping them all.

Willfrey posted:

hey that was me!

Just finished. I think i got... the most mundane ending?

my ending spoiler......
was really hoping to see my realdoll Ranni again, pretty sure i finished out her quest correctly? I thought I was heading to a bad ending but kinda just became the Elden Lord, final pic of me was sitting on a throne with the burned tree in the background.... said it was the age of rupture or something along those lines...

curious how many endings there are... seen people here talking about bosses I never saw at the end. I was kinda rushing to the end, if i'm being completely honest some of the last areas I was just over with and wanted to see an ending... well, wish granted I got a somewhat lackluster one

You didn't trigger the ending you were going for correctly.

Did you put the ring on her finger in the Cathedral?