Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
A very clear helicopter shoot down from Ukraine

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1500032344371175425

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
drat that’s like point blank too.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

IIRC that's from 2014

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

evil_bunnY posted:

IIRC that's from 2014

Multiple sources have it as today.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

evil_bunnY posted:

IIRC that's from 2014

Ukraine didn't have MANPADs in 2014 as far as I know? Unless that is Russia shooting down a Ukrainian helicopter.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
It is 100% definitely from the past day or two.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
There was some sort of mistranslation when it popped up yesterday that meant initially a whole lot of people flagged it as being old footage, which was then corrected after an hour or so. It happened in like 3 different threads.

e] it's more obvious when you see the original footage, it's absurdly high quality.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

That is a flawless RPG reload in combat. That Ukrainian solder has practiced that reload for ages.

https://twitter.com/JimmySecUK/status/1500544341554700291

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Are they perhaps abandoned and they're just being cautious when destroying them? Couldn't hear any engine sounds.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Ola posted:

Are they perhaps abandoned and they're just being cautious when destroying them? Couldn't hear any engine sounds.

if the supply issues we've heard about are true, they were probably trying to conserve fuel and simply off. though also could be abandoned, but you'd think they'd want to drive them off if that's the case.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

There was some sort of mistranslation when it popped up yesterday that meant initially a whole lot of people flagged it as being old footage, which was then corrected after an hour or so. It happened in like 3 different threads.

e] it's more obvious when you see the original footage, it's absurdly high quality.
Thanks my B

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

BUG JUG posted:

you'd think they'd want to drive them off if that's the case.

I don't think that's necessarily true, your average infantryman probably doesn't know how to start and or drive it, and you wouldn't want to pull a platoon guy to spend an hour driving it to the rear, then having to get back somehow, etc.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Ola posted:

"Is this tank abandoned or is the crew just sitting inside while conserving gas to keep out of the -2C windy cold?" is not a question you want to answer by walking up to a coax and knocking.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

PittTheElder posted:

I don't think that's necessarily true, your average infantryman probably doesn't know how to start and or drive it, and you wouldn't want to pull a platoon guy to spend an hour driving it to the rear, then having to get back somehow, etc.

Based on gear and weapons, these aren’t your regular infantrymen.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

Vahakyla posted:

Yeah, they're using ARs instead of AKs. I think in the TFR thread it was said that they're some sort of Ukranian-built version of an AR, but the upper receiver doesn't match with that rifle.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jimmy Smuts posted:

Yeah, they're using ARs instead of AKs. I think in the TFR thread it was said that they're some sort of Ukranian-built version of an AR, but the upper receiver doesn't match with that rifle.

Random lurker here and I didn't see the other thread but aren't they using L119s?

glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Vahakyla posted:

It's been reported as a Kord special paramilitary police unit, which seems to match what I can find. They wear multicam and use some sort of AR, though I can't find a pic with a roll mark or distinct feature I can ID.

They do seem to get up to some stuff.

https://twitter.com/RALee85/status/1502931898733113345

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Lol at the GTA San Andreas music

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Some frontline journalism with great quality video of some Ukrainian SoF dropping mortar fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdZVNU93Bvs

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Vahakyla posted:

Some frontline journalism with great quality video of some Ukrainian SoF dropping mortar fire.

If you write it as SoF, I'm going to read it as Soldiers of Fortune.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Vahakyla posted:

"We are very lucky they are so loving stupid..."

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1503357465701855235

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
:stonk:

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009

Yep never seen anything like that before. Clearly not abandoned vehicles as well.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Baconroll posted:

Yep never seen anything like that before. Clearly not abandoned vehicles as well.

Like, you see that poo poo since Battlefield 2, I don't expect to ever see actual video of an LAV (or similar) rolling up on a BMP/BTR BRM and hosing down infantry.

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 14:34 on Mar 14, 2022

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Baconroll posted:

You could see the feet of the infantry that presumably came out of the BRM underneath it when it started firing.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Scratch Monkey posted:

You could see the feet of the infantry that presumably came out of the BRM underneath it when it started firing.

And the BRMs turret starts out pointing right, but ends up pointing left, so it traversed right past the BTR at some point in the smoke. :stonk:

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Looked like he also shot underneath so the infantry could have taken damage too. No idea if it was intentional but the effect could have been there.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

:stonk:

War Thunder: Ukraine

Itchy_Grundle
Feb 22, 2003

In all these videos it seems like the Russians have no concept of using cover.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Itchy_Grundle posted:

In all these videos it seems like the Russians have no concept of using cover.

If that's dismounting infantry as it gets fired upon, what are they gonna do when they are getting pounded?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

We all know the first step to a good pounding is getting properly mounted.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Blind Rasputin posted:

We all know the first step to a good pounding is getting properly mounted.

kill me now
Sep 14, 2003

Why's Hank crying?

'CUZ HE JUST GOT DUNKED ON!
I’m getting extremely strong Squad vibes from that BTR4 video.

:drat:

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

https://twitter.com/CalibreObscura/status/1504178557710385159

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Man if you're Russia, how do you ever secure the supply lines or "policing" forces? A fire team with a drone operator relaying positions to the shooters can ambush like never before. And we're not even seeing much in the way of IEDs yet. A drone operator could be a half mile away waiting for the moment to press the button, if you're a lone truck you are hosed.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Maybe my brain is broken but that video looked very jihad, especially the music soundtrack.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

SlowBloke posted:

Maybe my brain is broken but that video looked very jihad, especially the music soundtrack.

Targeting pod videos of bomb impacts with "let the bodies hit the floor" over is the same, just a different sub genre.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

SlowBloke posted:

It's pretty standard propaganda.

We do the same thing. I can't even count how many videos of drones/jets/anything getting blown up to the soundtrack of Drowning Poll, Disturbed, Slayer, etc

Edit: Pool, not Poll, but I like it there so it stays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!
https://www.duffelblog.com/p/marine-moto-video?s=r