Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Ditocoaf posted:

Welp. If I know Fusk, R.I.P. Bianca.

Screwing up and creating a problem is a lot more like the Fusk we all know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's so good. "Let's create a situation that's both incredibly convoluted, perfectly logical, and clownshoes ridiculous at the same time. Then let's just have my characters stew in it for a couple strips, while they talk about how dumb it is."

It's the Jymre park minefield all over again!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Kennel posted:

My favorite kind of Thorsby writing: instead of just creating a problem and resolution, have characters to discuss your thought process.

I do like that. It makes sense for them to discuss the logical implications. Bianca tells Fusk that checking out the bullets is a bad idea, because in 50 percent of the cases it will end up bad for either one of them.
By the time they're sitting on the couches their already doing this nonsense for almost 30 minutes.

This is probably my favorite gun stalemate in any kind of fiction. There just isn't any real resolution here.

Honestly, I would like to see a game theory class on this subject. I think the only real way to get out of it is if you deem your own life to be worth less, than the chance to kill the opponent. Neither of those people feel this way.

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 22:47 on Mar 5, 2022

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

This gunfight is probably my favourite part of HfD :haw:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

it might be the best extended gunfight scene in all media

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

It’s really more a gun argument

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
Check out the level of detail on those MP9s, by the by.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost

Ziv Zulander posted:

It’s really more a gun argument

A gun disagreement.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Tense gun debate

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
I knew that was Chekov's cactus

Paper Tiger
Jun 17, 2007

🖨️🐯torn apart by idle hands

A Mexican sit-off

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

cant cook creole bream posted:

Honestly, I would like to see a game theory class on this subject. I think the only real way to get out of it is if you deem your own life to be worth less, than the chance to kill the opponent. Neither of those people feel this way.

There's not much more to it than that. Both players value escaping over shooting the other and risking being shot. It's common knowledge that one of the guns has real bullets and the other doesn't. As a result, stalemate is the only equilibrium.

The one thing that is slightly interesting is that Bianca didn't know at first that Fusk was telling the truth about one of the guns being loaded with blanks until he failed to shoot her. That allows you introduce incomplete information, which is one of the more interesting topics.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

ultrafilter posted:

There's not much more to it than that. Both players value escaping over shooting the other and risking being shot. It's common knowledge that one of the guns has real bullets and the other doesn't. As a result, stalemate is the only equilibrium.

The one thing that is slightly interesting is that Bianca didn't know at first that Fusk was telling the truth about one of the guns being loaded with blanks until he failed to shoot her. That allows you introduce incomplete information, which is one of the more interesting topics.

Well, there is the possibility that Fusk is lying, and that he knows Bianca has the gun with real bullets. Bianca still couldn't act on that even if she recognises the possibility, but it would leave them with imbalanced information which potentially could be used to break the stalemate.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

I'm not sure that actually changes the model in any interesting way, but it would be worth mentioning.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Paper Tiger posted:

A Mexican sit-off

I do love that both immediately think 'If we're stuck like this we can at least sit down'.

Also lol that this is the ending of MGS3.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

will plätty escape? tune in next time...

That last panel is exactly how I air-dry after a shower

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Squidster posted:

Nagabe's Invisible People, 1-11 of 56:
Nagabe's Invisible People, 12-25 of 56:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Weird overlap with the early Whomp comics

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lol, I just noticed the hamfest picture in this one for the first time.

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

An outlandish silver conveyance alighted upon the back lawn shortly before I was to retire.

Come on now, help a brother out.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. -Mark Twain

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Not sure I'm ready for Ronnie binbowfication.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

e-dt posted:

An outlandish silver conveyance alighted upon the back lawn shortly before I was to retire.

Come on now, help a brother out.

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society. -Mark Twain

Good thing Ray had that wine in the time machine

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

X

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Good thinking by the executioner, protecting himself from infection.

Le Faye Morgaine
Feb 1, 2022
"They really downplayed this part of converting to Judaism! And in public?? I need to talk to this Mohel!"

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

wol

ah, some owls have shown up

a recurring trend in otus opus is "oh, no tension after all then". in dominic deegan, this is risable and comes across as stupid. in otus opus, it is pleasant, and owl-filled.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pinocchio
Chapter 29.2

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Now that's a drat panel

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
That's upside-down for "benis"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

gamer dilbert 3 is great you guys

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Captain Hygiene posted:

Now that's a drat panel

Reminds me of Reginalds upside down potato sack garment. Still the funniest drat thing.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Len posted:

gamer dilbert 3 is great you guys

wish someone was posting it

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

RFC2324 posted:

wish someone was posting it

It's Patreon only right now so it would be a dick move to post it itt

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jose Valasquez posted:

This. You can pay $1 and get access to it right now but I'm not going to be that guy

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jose Valasquez posted:

oh, yeah, then no posting it here. I thought it was twitter like the other arcs

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It'll be on Twitter shortly but they want to finish it on Patreon and finish up the current arc before they do that.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Squidster posted:

Nagabe's Invisible People, 12-25 of 56:

Nagabe's Invisible People, 26-35 of 56:

Surely only good things await our hero!