Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
In the times I had to actually call up customer service, they did put me on hold, but once I did get someone they got it resolved pretty quick and without fuss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

cheetah7071 posted:

my favorite smn book is the castrum abania one. I think it also got a recolor in Dohn Mheg

it's got a butterfly on it

I use that one on my Scholar glam, because it fits with the fae vibe I have going.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

The thing with the customer service is they're not 24/7. On Monday call em up first thing and they can usually resolve it quick.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

After a garbage week at work, the Heavensward LP returns!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

This LP is great.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
The cornbread recipe from the official licensed cookbook is so loving good, I'm never buying a box of jiffy mix ever again.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Professor Beetus posted:

The cornbread recipe from the official licensed cookbook is so loving good, I'm never buying a box of jiffy mix ever again.

Oh snap, I haven't tried the cornbread yet. I'm planning on making the Oden here in a few weeks when I'm back in town.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
The mole loaf was pretty tastey

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Walnut Bread was good too.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

The Soul Still Burns in the Heavensward LP! Ready? FIGHT!

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Professor Beetus posted:

Agreed, made it along with the stew and both came out great.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Failboattootoot posted:

Agreed, made it along with the stew and both came out great.

The stew with knight's bread is another pro tier combo imo. I feel like you have to use nearly an extra cup of flour in the knight's bread recipe though, otherwise it's too sticky to work with.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Oh no, I never considered that the recipes might not be measured by weight

:negative:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Always measure by mass and not volume imo

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I've made the stew several times since getting the book. It's a staple in this household now. I also really enjoy the popoto salad.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This is the FF14 stew I make

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXO2q4tCPOg

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Yeah I've made this one a few times, it's incredible. Hard to find those small brussel sprouts though, I usually just cut big ones into quarters.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Time to become a dirty hippy in the Heavensward LP!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
The next Mogtome event starts on the 14th.

The Little Ladies' Day event has a tiny crown, and is something I've occasionally wanted when putting together glamours for my Viera. I just wish at least the inner part was dyeable.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Looking for suggestions on which tank to level next. I have a 90 PLD and there's a lot I like about it, but I'm not in love with the ultra-rigid rotation. I much prefer setups similar to the dps jobs that I enjoy such as BRD/RPR/RDM where there's some leeway and/or randomization. Do any of the other tanks fall in this category?

Oneiros
Jan 12, 2007

none of the tanks work off procs like brd/dnc/rdm. gnb is even more rigid/unforgiving than pld. drk is kinda a mess of ogcds but maaaaaaaybe closer to what you're looking for? and war...i dunno if mashing fell cleave over and over actually qualifies as a rotation

Fiye
Nov 23, 2021

No one can hide anything from me.
Your heart is in plain sight to me.
DRK is probably the closest thing you want. Opener, 1-2-3, do blood weapon the right way and just keep mashing offensive cooldowns as soon as they come up.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Onean posted:

The next Mogtome event starts on the 14th.

The Little Ladies' Day event has a tiny crown, and is something I've occasionally wanted when putting together glamours for my Viera. I just wish at least the inner part was dyeable.

Doesn't look like anything as quick or easy to break as T2 farming from last time which is a shame because oh dear god that lineup is stacked.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Never been around for a Mogtome event do those duties give out those tomestones daily or just whenever you clear them during the event?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Electric Phantasm posted:

Never been around for a Mogtome event do those duties give out those tomestones daily or just whenever you clear them during the event?

Whenever you clear. Must be synced though.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Anyone who doesn't do Dun Scaith daily for mogtomes is a coward

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

There's actually nothing in the new Mogtome event that I need, it's weird.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Gonna go for the earrings and the Primogenitor orchestrion roll. Other than that, I'm good.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

finally, blue mage season again

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Kind of want the Late Allagan armour and I'm not interested in PVP, so I'll probably do some grinding for that.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Doesn't look like anything as quick or easy to break as T2 farming from last time which is a shame because oh dear god that lineup is stacked.

Not as fast but I suspect a BLU team can still explode the Auspice fights pretty quickly. Not sure if it'll be fast enough to compete with the 50ish dungeons, but both should be options for anyone who prefers BLU shenanigans.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

the paradox is that one of the cleaner ways to get mogtomes is to run frontlines (or rival wings on weekends) which'll get you more than enough pvp points to buy late allagan gear

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Aurum Vale I heard is pretty fast to BLU through, but I can't speak from experience. I'll probably re-sub and mess around with it when I know the actual date of 6.1's launch.

super-redguy
Jan 24, 2019

Alxprit posted:

Aurum Vale I heard is pretty fast to BLU through, but I can't speak from experience. I'll probably re-sub and mess around with it when I know the actual date of 6.1's launch.

Aurum Vale was a Mogtome dungeon two Mogtome events ago and was super popular.

Four BLUs can nail it in 4 to 6 minutes.

It's definitely going to beat out the others for farming.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
What makes BLUs so powerful compared to regular parties?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Their abilities aren't level-gated and some combinations just poo poo damage.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
They also have spell combinations that just bypass damage entirely (an aoe deep freeze and an ability that instant kills anything that's currently deep frozen).

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Dungeon mid bosses are also frequently susceptible to proportional damage and/or instant death, so you don't even need to slow down much of the time unless you hit a keyed door.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Leraika just mentioned the way to kill trash: Ram's Voice freezes everything around you and Ultravibrate kills anything that's frozen around you. Ultravibrate is on a two minute cooldown so you rotate who does it on each pack of trash.

Another thing is that the first two bosses of Aurum Vale are susceptible to percentage-based attacks like Missile (does 50% of current HP). Two or more Missiles hitting at about the same time results in the boss instantly dying because the game doesn't register the damage done immediately; instead of 50% damage done then 50% of remaining HP done, the game registers two hits at full HP so it gives you two 50% damage hits and the boss dies. You do have to do the last boss in full but it's not too hard with BLU's full suite of spells.

This speedrun uses the tactics above along with letting one person pull a bunch of enemies, nobody else gaining any enmity on them while running just behind the puller, then letting the puller die. All the enemies go back to their original location and the puller can be rezzed quickly while everyone keeps it moving.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2NSjqueZ2Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derra
Dec 29, 2012
A BLU tank can use white wind to hold everything easily for fast group ups into freeze deaths.. I was doing sub 4 min Aurum Vale runs for that recent mogtome event without any sacrificing shenanigans.

Wish there was something I needed on the vendor, but after the earrings I really have nothing left to buy.