Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Pleeeease

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Sorry IU not going to the dance once again. Lol.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
Virginia Tech lost to Clemson today—Hokies just couldn't seem to catch a break this season, probably no way through to the tournament now but to win the ACCT (which is going to be chaos, so, possible).

They were the unluckiest team in the ACC, at least as KP measures it. Northwestern, obviously, was the unluckiest team in D1.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
One final, solid laugh at Duke and ol' Mike

ColdBlooded
Jul 15, 2001

Ask me how to run a good team into the ground.
Lmao Duke - eat poo poo ESPN

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost
The perfect end to K's run at Cameron.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Lmao being favored by double digits at home against your biggest rival in the final game of your 40 year career and losing by double digits.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Coach L

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
holding my laughs till he loses two more

OPAONI
Jul 23, 2021

Eat absolute poo poo you credit-card advertising dipshit
(the retiring ratface, not you Coco13)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

OVC final going down to the wire, Murray State just can't quite get clear of Morehead

elentar fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Mar 6, 2022

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

haha Liberty lost in the A-Sun Tournament in their own stupid arena against a team that isn't even eligible yet for the NCAAs

so now if Jacksonville doesn't beat Bellarmine in the conference final then the regular season champ, Jacksonville State, would get the autobid despite losing to Jacksonville in the semis

elentar posted:

OVC final going down to the wire, Murray State just can't quite get clear of Morehead

they pulled it out. Bracket Matrix suggests Murray as an 8 seed and I'd be very nervous as a 1 staring that down

elentar fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Mar 6, 2022

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

MVC final is today, it's a rematch of last year. Loyola-Chicago still has an absurd defensive system and made very easy work of #1 seed UNI in the semis, while Drake lost Yesufu but gained Tucker de Vries this year and took down MO State in OT (despite Isiaih Mosley going for 30 on volume shooting, as he does). it'll also have a great fan-wear matchup: Loyola's trademark scarves against Drake's blue plastic hard-hats, the latter a trademark of rebounding leader Garrett Sturtz, who found one in a storage closet at Drake's gym and brings it to every game for luck.

this'll also be the last time you'll see the Gryffindor scarves and Sister Jean at Enterprise (but not in STL overall), as LUC is moving to the Atlantic 10 next year. (The Valley will gain Belmont, Murray State, and UIC, the latter school reportedly in order to keep a foothold in the Chicago area, where a number of MVC schools recruit heavily for general students.)

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

The Hercules Tires Big South Tournament Final is live now between Winthrop and Longwood. Either of them would be a pretty solid 16 seed if they can keep clear of the play-ins.

Also NC State's women's team is going for a third consecutive ACC Tournament title right now, after winning the regular season title for the first time since 1990.

elentar fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 6, 2022

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Please loving wreck penn state today. I can't deal with a close game.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Michigan's on the road against tOSU, to make the tourney, Hunter's going to have to have a d-

https://twitter.com/umichbball/status/1500521409713512449?t=yANWVLrhTXtBSLyKtsusgQ&s=19

iarrhea

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Longwood is shithousing Winthrop, so much for coin flip games. may actually play themselves into a 15 seed at this rate.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

a pretty darn good Towson team is struggling mightily to put away a very bad Northeastern one in the Colonial quarterfinals.

CAA takes a big hit on its NCAA chances if Towson goes down.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Holy poo poo

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Loyola-Drake game getting pretty good, always keeps looking like LUC is gonna run away with it and Drake pegs them back

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Holy poo poo that Chattanooga game

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Holy poo poo that Chattanooga game

yeah that was an all-timer https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/status/1501018332765429770?s=20&t=ic56PG9rhQOr-j12XPIxIw

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
This NKU-Wright State game is kinda fun.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
NKU has blown a 16 point lead.

E: Teams traded leads with under 20 seconds. NKU couldn't get a good shot off at the end. Wright St to the tournament.

TheAlmightyFrog fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 9, 2022

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Nonzero odds Kansas draws Wright State and finds a way to lose to them.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Probably Magic posted:

Nonzero odds Kansas draws Wright State and finds a way to lose to them.

Kentucky probably would have gotten NKU, they did that a couple years ago when NKU made their first tournament. Which sucks because a lot of Kentucky fans would be pulling for them otherwise, we love pulling for the smaller schools from the state in the tournament.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
oh sure, when MY coach does it, it's a five game suspension but when the ENTIRE CROWD does it, it's just "omg march is the best"

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1501377798304325635

:v:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/PMTsportsbiz/status/1501377619752800272?t=K1uhjO76VdtOyFDFfpNX7g&s=19

So this just happened. They've been in a 20 minute delay.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Florida State getting wrecked by a bad Syracuse team, just seems like everyone in the ACC is having a lovely year other than Duke (and there's still time).

Maybe Wake and Miami, will see how things go for them.

edit: haha well there goes Wake, guess i should just accept the inevitability of the Duke-UNC final

elentar fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 9, 2022

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Man it’s sad how the ACC has two teams in the top 25, and UNC just barely snuck in. An extremely bad year for what is usually the powerhouse basketball conference.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Virginia Tech has top 25 talent and I'm kinda rooting for them to run the table and get a shot at the tournament.

(I know I'm a UVA person sometimes but it's mostly just wanting the students I've taught or tutored to do well, I don't have any stake in the rivalry)

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

this loving sucks, i can't believe they are getting boatraced by loving nebraska

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

You mean winners of games against two (2) ranked opponents in the same calendar year Nebraska? The team that is clearly on the road to success Nebraska? Led by Ace College Coach Fred Hoiberg Nebraska? Buddy, you had best be happy they even let your lame team into the building to play with the Big Boys of the Nebraska Basketball Cornhuskers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ok they just went on an 11-0 run

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of runs

Lol us

https://twitter.com/EvanMiya/status/1494720180961918977?s=20&t=jfZt7hp7aEG-S9Aj01IHlw

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

NEVER IN DOUBT BABY

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern is going to get owned by iowa tomorrow, but they never loving win big ten tournament games, came back from 15 down

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Clemson and VT going to overtime, Hokies still just cannot get out of their own way

Rider just took out an Iona team that was far and away the best the MAAC had to offer, there goes one big early-round upset contender

edit: Hokies stay alive by the skin of their teeth

https://twitter.com/HokiesMBB/status/1501744888651653122?s=20&t=-gSg8_hKI9tbOs7BeBFceA

elentar fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Mar 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

ok this is wild, there's 5 minutes left in the minnesota/penn state game, and minnesota has yet to sub