Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iv46vi
Apr 2, 2010
We didn’t technically see that unlike the “engineer” transformation in the previous episode.

“Sue was stabbed”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
We didn't see her actually turn into the tree, so I can still hope that maybe she dug the hole deep enough, vomited up like a modified seed or something and now she's just down at the 7/11 picking up smokes to cool off after her rough night of hole digging. :(

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
I was super expecting the tree to be her frozen screaming in horror but made out of wood

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

pile of brown posted:

I was super expecting the tree to be her frozen screaming in horror but made out of wood

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

masterpine posted:

Praise the milk

https://i.imgur.com/V0uI2sG.mp4

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

lynch_69 posted:

I wish it was socially acceptable to have a buzzcut mullet, I'd get one tomorrow.

You can do whatever you want - just make sure you can rock it. Mullets are back in style now TBH.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Vintersorg posted:

You can do whatever you want - just make sure you can rock it. Mullets are back in style now TBH.

praise sol

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

if you can come back from being turned into a snake then you can come back from being turned into a tree

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I know there was a lot more overtly crazy stuff to talk about, but I can't believe no one mentioned that Father drops a hologram and it goes splat on the floor.

That's one of the best drat details in this whole show.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Despera posted:

Top 10 Favorite Characters

10. Bucket head (season 1 call out)

Bucket head was something else

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Eiba posted:

I know there was a lot more overtly crazy stuff to talk about, but I can't believe no one mentioned that Father drops a hologram and it goes splat on the floor.

It's of the mermaid too!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Hope son (its a boy i guess) of bucket head makes an appearance

Despera fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Mar 6, 2022

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
what is it with these people and just eating whatever they find on the ground

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Mister Speaker posted:

what is it with these people and just eating whatever they find on the ground

Are you telling me, with a straight face, that if you found an already opened, hard-shelled fruit containing a glistening, moist and bright red brain, you wouldn't take a bite? :chloe:

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Eiba posted:

Yeah, the production design and CG on that sequence was really good. I know some people were hating on the CG this season, but I thought they did a great job with this, added some unique elements to it.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Eiba posted:

frogbs posted:

Yeah, the production design and CG on that sequence was really good. I know some people were hating on the CG this season, but I thought they did a great job with this, added some unique elements to it.

:yeah: This scene stood out to me as being way above the 'normal' production values.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's crazy to me how many people don't like Marcus. Such an entertaining character and a great performance.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

frogbs posted:

I'll maintain that the CG this is season has actually been pretty good, and the tank and starfighter design is just so outlandish that people's brains weren't willing to accept it. I love it though.

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
Some of the cg has been surprisingly bad. When the tank first appears, carrying mother towards the colony, there's a shot of it roving over the landscape that looked 20 years old. Other scenes, it looks good, so you can tell where they skimped. It's pretty clear the budget is significantly smaller than last season, so they're working with what they've got.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

They're probably saving the CGI budget for the last episode where Mother and Grandmother turn into Fortress Maximus sized megazords and do epic battle on one of the three moons, destroying it completely.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

lynch_69 posted:

They're probably saving the CGI budget for the last episode where Mother and Grandmother turn into Fortress Maximus sized megazords and do epic battle on one of the three moons, destroying it completely.

Well, they’re gonna have a hell of a time on one of those moons, because one of those moons is full of crazed diamond skeletons with futuristic MP5 submachine guns that walk like Ray Harryhausen animated them.

Also there’s a huge talking cactus surrounded by non-Euclidian geometry.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Nah, they went to the milk moon.

It's just milk.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Open Source Idiom posted:

Nah, they went to the milk moon.

It's just milk.

Wallace and Gromit all water-skiing up on that moon

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

It's crazy to me how many people don't like Marcus. Such an entertaining character and a great performance.

Yeah he rules, I like the actor, he’s got presence

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

We didn't see her actually turn into the tree, so I can still hope that maybe she dug the hole deep enough, vomited up like a modified seed or something and now she's just down at the 7/11 picking up smokes to cool off after her rough night of hole digging. :(

The scene reminded me a lot of the opening of Prometheus with the engineer drinking the black goo. I think she sacrificed her body to start/restart something on Kepler. She's a goner.

Maybe everyone who eats from the tree becomes directly controlled by Sol? So he now has an actual physical presence in the world.

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
They can always make the tree open up and her walk out, but it doesnt seem like the character has much to do at this point - she has the most level headed and probably correct assessment of whats going on.
Sol being real but a natural thing (alien AI).
It seems to me, that the show intends to milk that "mystery" for as long as it can, so maybe after they uncover the origins of the Signal she might reappear. Maybe next season?

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

veni veni veni posted:

I love his subtle facial expressions & body language, it adds volume to his character (it was the same with Ragnar). That guy can say a lot without uttering a word.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Harton posted:

Yeah he rules, I like the actor, he’s got presence

If you haven't already, check out Vikings. He plays the lead in that and totally owns the role.

He's what gotten me interested in the show when it first started.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Is it streaming anywhere? Might as well check it out

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

resting mitch face posted:

That guy can say a lot without uttering a word.

And a lot of the time what he is saying is "what the gently caress?"

Cojawfee posted:

The next episode Sue casually walks up to Marcus to ask what happened while she was buying milk and gets really confused when she sees that he's crying.

Odoyle
Sep 9, 2003
Odoyle Rules!

Harton posted:

Is it streaming anywhere? Might as well check it out

It was on History Channel originally so probably it’s on one of the Discovery/NatGeo streaming packages

Anza Borrego
Feb 11, 2005

Ovis canadensis nelsoni

Eiba posted:

It goes splat on the floor and then climbs back up the wall to its place in the data display

It’s a great, great detail

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

there's a lotta cool shows out there, but this is the one I look most forward to seeing every week

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone else notice that Markus does this thing with his eyes where they fixate on nothing but then move around a bit? I'd love to know what's going on in his head but it seems to mostly be 'unshakeable self-confidence?'

Mr. Nemo
Feb 4, 2016

I wish I had a sister like my big strong Daddy :(
It's amazing how well continue to work out in Marcus' favor.

Giant snake vs ancient android when

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Training montage where grandmother teaches campion how to ride the snake.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Mr. Nemo posted:

It's amazing how well continue to work out in Marcus' favor.

Giant snake vs ancient android when

They're gonna merge or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Sue was my waifu and I'm not sure how I feel about her being a tree now.