Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Glottis posted:

I think it's worth noting that there are a lot of Disney fans that spend a disproportionately high amount of their money on Disney. People will go well beyond their means to do this hotel thing, which is kind of sad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLIfkiF8NeQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think jenny is pretty much in the recovering disney woman phase. Unless disney is better at playing the long game than I give them credit for, I think a shill would not have taken as big a poo poo on solo and star wars 9 as she did

I don't think anyone defended that movie much. I also found out from this whole thing that she blocked me on twitter lmao

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Schwarzwald posted:

Hakaider has some exceptional mattes.

I was reading that this movie is like 77-ish minutes long but there was an alternate shorter release of if that was 55 minutes long BUT also has some more world building/atmosphere stuff in its opening that's not in the longer version. I also see some places list it as being 78 minutes long. Is there a consensus on like a definitive release of this movie somewhere?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I think Jenny is more of a theme park enthusiast in general rather than a Disney specific shill.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

I think jenny is pretty much in the recovering disney woman phase. Unless disney is better at playing the long game than I give them credit for, I think a shill would not have taken as big a poo poo on solo and star wars 9 as she did

Yeah. She wasn't super positive about Frozen 2 or Tomorrowland or a bunch of others either and had to tag along with friends to get in to see Galaxy's Edge early rather than getting a press thing of her own.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The video where she reads through Alan Dean Foster’s terrible treatment for Episode 9 is hilarious in retrospect for how close it ends up landing in parts to Rise or Skywalker.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Nodoze posted:

I don't think anyone defended that movie much. I also found out from this whole thing that she blocked me on twitter lmao

I forgot who this person was so I looked them up and it seems like I had blocked them on Twitter for some reason long ago lol

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Neo Rasa posted:

I was reading that this movie is like 77-ish minutes long but there was an alternate shorter release of if that was 55 minutes long BUT also has some more world building/atmosphere stuff in its opening that's not in the longer version. I also see some places list it as being 78 minutes long. Is there a consensus on like a definitive release of this movie somewhere?

I've only ever seen the 78 minute cut, and it is already so dreamlike that I'm not sure what you would cut to make it more atmospheric.

The thought has me curious, though. I'll see if I can't find a copy of the shorter cut.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/pabl0hidalgo/status/1500520696107003909

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
As far as I'm concerned this is canon.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9indFzlY7qg

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

https://ew.com/tv/obi-wan-kenobi-first-look-photos/

There's a new star war in town it's called Obi Wan Kenobi. Probably the last one I actively hope turns out ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWTfhyvzTx0

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 9, 2022

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It feels pretty bankrupt to me, but at least the trailer seems to suggest they'll get off of loving tattooine within the first 2 or 3 episodes. Probably some marginal enjoyment in watching disney wars looking into the abyss of the prequels and coming away with the conclusion that the jedi signified hope

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

I'm fine with it just being the Obi remix of TLJ Punished Luke. Plus there's a blade runner/coruscant planet, which the cowards at disney never let us have

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Star Wars: The Force Correction (timelink)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41d6A6hwNXM&t=896s

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I’m about halfway through And while the dude has some good points his delivery is like a parody of liberal sleazy dude who is a loving buzz kill at any party/bar.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

It's really easy to avoid seeing dumb filmbro takes on twitter just navigate your web browser or app to another account or website haha. Just walk away from the screen

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

They will upsell you a costume if you want one, while supplies last. They seem like vaguely star wars pajamas, mostly

https://twitter.com/JennyENicholson/status/1491762900343525378

what an amazing scam. Just absolutely zero drip. NO sauce whatsoever

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

what an amazing scam. Just absolutely zero drip. NO sauce whatsoever

They do not want quirked up white girls busting it down sexual style in the space bunkbeds. They are almost certainly pumping some sort of mickey mouse air through the vents to keep everyone unhorny and ready to spend on extras

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

It feels pretty bankrupt to me, but at least the trailer seems to suggest they'll get off of loving tattooine within the first 2 or 3 episodes. Probably some marginal enjoyment in watching disney wars looking into the abyss of the prequels and coming away with the conclusion that the jedi signified hope

They do seem to have noticed that Obi-wan is a dumbass who cannot keep himself from grandstanding though.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ingmar terdman posted:

There's a new star war in town it's called Obi Wan Kenobi. Probably the last one I actively hope turns out ok

This trailer is surprisingly light on Obi Ewan. Is this going to be the book of Boba Fett again where apparently (I’m not there yet) half the runtime is actually about someone else.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

This trailer is surprisingly light on Obi Ewan. Is this going to be the book of Boba Fett again where apparently (I’m not there yet) half the runtime is actually about someone else.

The starting point of their story is that Obi Wan has a million reasons to resist the call to adventure and they really heavily allude to that in the trailer, so it's a fairly easy guess that the inquisitors are going to be the inciting agents of the story and there will be an extended opening arc of them ramping up the tension until Mr McGregor decides to stop looking pensive and go on an adventure.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I really hope someone redoes the trailer with a deepfaked young Alec Guinness.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Darth TNT posted:

As someone that has consumed a lot of preproduction spoiler stuff for Obi Wan do not worry, the obi wan show is about obi wan doing Kenobi things

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

LionArcher posted:

I’m about halfway through And while the dude has some good points his delivery is like a parody of liberal sleazy dude who is a loving buzz kill at any party/bar.
start at 15 min in, it's timelinked

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I really hope someone redoes the trailer with a deepfaked young Alec Guinness.

Everyone who does decent deepfakes has probably been hired to do it professionally at this point

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

The United States posted:

it's timelinked

yeah no it's not

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Ingmar terdman posted:

For whatever reason this is the one that got me. This will be the first star war since I left the theater after the last sequel movie that I’m jazzed about

I just like Obi-Wan!

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Hipster_Doofus posted:

yeah no it's not
click on the red button in the middle and not the title and the timelink will work

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

Thought the exact same thing

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

The United States posted:

click on the red button in the middle and not the title and the timelink will work

Oh ok. I tapped the link because I wanted to open it with Vanced, not play the embedment (is that a word?), and the timestamp doesn't show up in the link.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

The obi wan trailer is good because its:

1. Ewan back as Obi, the best part of the prequels by far
2. A few new planets
3. The idea of the Jedi being easy to hunt down and kill because they cant help themselves to doing good deeds is infact very neat and may present Obi with some tough choices

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Jerkface posted:

The obi wan trailer is good because its:

1. Ewan back as Obi, the best part of the prequels by far
2. A few new planets
3. The idea of the Jedi being easy to hunt down and kill because they cant help themselves to doing good deeds is infact very neat and may present Obi with some tough choices

Yes. They are setting up him actually using his lightsaber as a big deal. And this is 6 episodes? So Vader won't roll in till 5/6, after Obi finally wrecks these other fools.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I'm excited for Obi-Wan to escape Vader at the end and assert that he's still the Master and Vader is only a Learner.

Horizon Burning
Oct 23, 2019
:discourse:
that inquisitor makes me think of loving kryten lmao

BiggestBatman
Aug 23, 2018
I know rebels has fans but those inquisitors have from the start had some of the worst loving designs I've seen in star wars (and buddy, I've seen a lot of bad star wars designs)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

BiggestBatman posted:

I know rebels has fans but those inquisitors have from the start had some of the worst loving designs I've seen in star wars (and buddy, I've seen a lot of bad star wars designs)

the inquisitor with the lil elf hat owns and the fallen order inquisitors were pretty good too, and Im digging the black chick in the trailer, she has a pretty boss look.

My least favorite was the high inquisitor, but I liked them as a concept overall because its unrealistic for the Empire to hunt down and exterminate all the Jedi without dipping at least a little bit into force users/dark sider poo poo. I like them as canaries in the coal mine for summoning Vader. "Oh a Jedi with actual combat experience from the clone wars survived? Time to get my hands dirty"

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think the inquisitors are generally bad in concept, it makes Vader seem extraneous when you have these other dunces that he farms the Jedi hunting out to.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The inquisitors were a bunch of chumps who all got wiped out by Darth Maul of all people, but they served their purpose at being minibosses that could pose a reasonable challenge to young and inexperienced jedi like Ezra and Cal.

General Dog posted:

I think the inquisitors are generally bad in concept, it makes Vader seem extraneous when you have these other dunces that he farms the Jedi hunting out to.
As the number of "jedi who survived the purge" grows exponentially in d-canon, the more it makes sense that the empire would just throw some expendable low level force chumps at them and only call in Vader once at least one of them gets killed or something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OoeFYKKp_I

Assepoester fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 10, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Shiroc posted:

I'm excited for Obi-Wan to escape Vader at the end and assert that he's still the Master and Vader is only a Learner.

This, but unironically.