Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Listening to a podcast about a children movie from the 90's , learning about all the trendy new weird sexual fetishes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Anyone know if we’re getting “Making It So” season 2?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Pops Mgee posted:

Anyone know if we’re getting “Making It So” season 2?

It's not listed on their March schedule so I'm not sure.

However, Picard is so loving terrible I can see them not wanting to bring the show back.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

mweber posted:

I think they hate whichever ones Chris Columbus made. Should be fun since that movie is full of disgusting shitboys.

Columbus directed the first two.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I definitely saw this movie as a kid but I barely remember it.

Also I made the mistake of googling what the cricket looks like in this movie, and I have some advice for anyone else curious: Don't.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Thanks to this thread I stumbled upon another movie podcast called "Film(s)Trips" which has been keeping me entertained here and there. They're not nearly as funny as the WHM guys because nobody is but they do a wide range of films, good and bad, don't have any ads interrupting things and have a pretty chill style that I like.

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...AAAHQAAAAAQ3_UB

EDIT

Also, the whole Pinochio movie is on YT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dN8Z7y_QcwE

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Mar 8, 2022

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's not listed on their March schedule so I'm not sure.

However, Picard is so loving terrible I can see them not wanting to bring the show back.

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1501240777388834820

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

That's probably for the best. The first episode back was pretty good, but the first season was so drat uneven week to week (for all I know, the next episode may personally insult my mother, specifically, to make up for the pretty good premiere), making them recap each episode again might break them, so soon after Book of Boba Fett.

...I should say "break them more". Because BoBF definitely broke at least Eric. And is probably why they don't want to do episode by episode recaps of Picard anymore.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 8, 2022

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

*ad talk*

Am I the only one that's getting 2 ad breaks on WHM? At this point that's 5-6 ads per episode.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

ravenkult posted:

*ad talk*

Am I the only one that's getting 2 ad breaks on WHM? At this point that's 5-6 ads per episode.

Yeah, it's pretty rough.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Holy gently caress, since I didn't bother reading the Dispatch due to following the drawing, I had no idea the next episode is going to be Delta Farce. Eep.

The Gillman
Jul 8, 2004
Beaten with a sack of sweet Valencia oranges
Grimey Drawer

ravenkult posted:

*ad talk*

I’ve noticed I don’t get pre roll ads anymore. Just the mid ones

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

AceOfFlames posted:

Holy gently caress, since I didn't bother reading the Dispatch due to following the drawing, I had no idea the next episode is going to be Delta Farce. Eep.

Can't wait for the return of Larry the Cable Guy impressions

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

ravenkult posted:

*ad talk*

Been relistening to the Phantom Menace Saga episodes of Blank Check and there were ads for my local Menard's at the start, so things could be much, much worse.

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Can't wait for the return of Larry the Cable Guy impressions

It's going to have new context with Larry the Cable Guy being an anti-vax scumwad.

DoubleCakes fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Mar 9, 2022

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Ooooh man I’ve missed Steve’s Larry impression. He has a great handle on the hillbilly “h’yuck” laugh.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

DoubleCakes posted:

It's going to have new context with Larry the Cable Guy being an anti-vax scumwad.

Lmao why am I not shocked

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Even if he didn’t believe it himself I could totally see him playing it up for his dumbshit fan base cause he’s a bad caricature.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Invalid Validation posted:

Even if he didn’t believe it himself I could totally see him playing it up for his dumbshit fan base cause he’s a bad caricature.

Yeah, that's the important thing to remember about Larry the Cable Guy. He doesn't exist. He's a fictional character. I live in Orlando, and Dan Whitney started "Larry" here in Central Florida, and a few other markets around the country, on a local radio station as a "shock jock" type character, and it just won't loving die.

One of my favorite Comedy Central Roast moments ever was Greg Giraldo roasting Larry and getting annoyed at the general concept. "I've never roasted a fake character before. Maybe next year we can roast Spongebob Squarepants...HOW THE gently caress ARE YOU SO POPULAR?!"

Which isn't a defense of him. He was always the clear rear end in a top hat of the Blue Collar guys (unless Ron White did something, which wouldn't surprise me). But yeah, he'll say anything to live up to being his character. Doesn't mean he believes a single word of it.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Mar 9, 2022

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

ravenkult posted:

*ad talk*

literally shooting myself in the face right now. This cannot and will not stand. #resist

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

independent podcasts make about 1k to 5k per ad read depending on their listener-ship. cut in the networks percentage of that take, I wonder what the boys are really taking in for the ad reads if they're doing this many per episode and not even giving patreon members ad-free versions of the show.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
I support two Patreons--neither provide an ad-free version of their main feed. Is that an expectation?

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

off the top of my head I get ad-free podcasts with my subscription from Last Podcast On the Left, Fire Escape, and Nextlander.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It definitely varies, and I feel like it comes down to how hard hosts fight for that in any contracts. But there are also shows like WHM where the Patreon just gets you bonus shows, no ad-free episodes. (What A Time To Be Alive comes to mind offhand.)

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

I love our boys but the combo of lovely ads (shady counseling apps, hair growth nonsense) and amount of ads is annoying.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

i wouldnt even mind the ad-reads if they were at least funny and were allowed to go off script.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

ravenkult posted:

I love our boys but the combo of lovely ads (shady counseling apps, hair growth nonsense) and amount of ads is annoying.

Hair growth nonsense is just some online pharmacy selling the approved drugs. If you're concerned about lovely ads, I'd be more annoyed by the sketchy Delta 8 ads.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

their Better Help ads are concerning as well. that whole thing is a real racket.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

dorium posted:

i wouldnt even mind the ad-reads if they were at least funny and were allowed to go off script.

Not all podcasts can have the Cum Town experience.

But seriously it probably all goes back to Headgum. I think farther back they played slightly more fast and loose with it but they may get more oversight now. Also holy poo poo I was going to ask an honest question “I know there’s not easy way to tell but is WHM the biggest on the network” and drat there are like 20 active podcasts on it.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Modern Leper posted:

I support two Patreons--neither provide an ad-free version of their main feed. Is that an expectation?

Goons are giant babies, is that really news?

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Oh drat, goons post here?

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
Once, I was watching a tv show and commercial came on so I just threw my tv in the lawn and burned it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I hate having to push the fast forward button 4 or 5 times instead of 2 or 3

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

enigmahfc posted:

Once, I was watching a tv show and commercial came on so I just threw my tv in the lawn and burned it.

This but unironically.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

explosivo posted:

I hate having to push the fast forward button 4 or 5 times instead of 2 or 3

I hate when I have it on while I'm in the shower and my whole shower was spent listening to ads.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BiggerBoat posted:

I hate when I have it on while I'm in the shower and my whole shower was spent listening to ads.
Take longer showers! Jesus

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Rageaholic posted:

Take longer showers! Jesus

Alternatively listen to a different podcast in the shower

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

BiggerBoat posted:

Actually clean your body, wtf

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
I got bitch card money. I don’t have whore flower money.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

I’m an hour into the episode and they really do not want to talk about S1M0NE lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The Modern Leper posted:

Hair growth nonsense is just some online pharmacy selling the approved drugs. If you're concerned about lovely ads, I'd be more annoyed by the sketchy Delta 8 ads.

Hey now, I actually ordered Diet Smoke and that poo poo is way better than the garbage the local CBD hucksters are selling.

ravenkult posted:

Oh drat, goons post here?

actually had this moment in more than one fan group