Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Not sure, I think Raith had the benefit of big Val supporting them. Clyde have terminated his loan now, so that was a pointless way to shoot themselves in the foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I can't even begin to understand what the thinking at Clyde could have been. Like you could put an *incredibly* charitable spin on Raith's attempt to sign him, something something never convicted something something redemption and rehabilitation (I don't believe it for a second, but it's at least not impossible), but how could Clyde have seen all that happen and just though "cool, free striker!"? Like the most charitable possible interpretation is that they thought that nobody would even notice because they're such a small team (or maybe they wanted rid of the women's team without paying compensation).

HappyCamperGL
May 18, 2014

He was at Clyde for five years and no one seemed to care.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

HappyCamperGL posted:

He was at Clyde for five years and no one seemed to care.

People did care, and some did stop attending matches and participating, but they had less media profile so it was easier to miss.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

I guess you could argue that in the years that have passed attitudes have changed about employing a rapist. The cynic in me says that the people who didn’t care enough before (the council, sponsors, etc) to do anything are using this as a way to get some free good publicity.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I don’t really know where to put this but there was a brutal riot at the Queretaro/Atlas match in Liga MX today where 17 people died. The Queretaro ultras we’re stripping people naked and beating them to death. There is a lot of stuff on Twitter that I don’t necessarily recommend looking up.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

blue footed boobie posted:

I don’t really know where to put this but there was a brutal riot at the Queretaro/Atlas match in Liga MX today where 17 people died. The Queretaro ultras we’re stripping people naked and beating them to death. There is a lot of stuff on Twitter that I don’t necessarily recommend looking up.

Uhhhh are you sure that number is fatalities and not just injured

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

I don’t really know where to put this but there was a brutal riot at the Queretaro/Atlas match in Liga MX today where 17 people died.
And then the FMF went ahead with the rest of the night's schedule anyway.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Uhhhh are you sure that number is fatalities and not just injured

Yeah all the reports I've read say no hospital reports have been released and no one dies at the scene

E. Apart from this one

quote:

TV Azteca's David Medrano Felix later reported an initial death toll of 17, which remains unofficial as authorities sort out the aftermath. An official report claimed 44 people had been wounded, with two serious cases and none dead. A different report from the body governing emergency services had the number of wounded at 22, all men

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

CyberPingu posted:

Yeah all the reports I've read say no hospital reports have been released and no one dies at the scene

E. Apart from this one

Made the mistake of watching a bunch of the videos (do not search these out). Based off of those videos, I can’t possibly see how there weren’t a bunch of deaths at the scene. Stomping and kicking people unconscious on the ground in the head, chair shots to the heads of people on the ground, and much more. Disgusting brutality. Genuinely some of the worst things I’ve seen in ages - again, don’t seek them out. I really regret watching them.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

CyberPingu posted:

E. Apart from this one
I think it's easy to see why there's confusion because initially it was on a lot of social media accounts/spaces that there were 17 fatalities, including some large accounts.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
So what I'm hearing is "don't get excited to go watch a game when you go to visit your parents, who just moved to Queretaro". Got it

Well, gently caress.

Backdoor Delivery
Nov 15, 2004

one cool dude

2 Time TRP Sack Race Champion
Hopefully that team no longer exists by the time you visit there

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
The entire league is suspended today at least. What a disaster.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Was it pure footy tho or are they rival gangs or summat? It’s fuckin mental

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

I don't know but look at this video of the local police being very aware of what's going on around them

https://twitter.com/MartinoliCuri/status/1500366885409497096

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Crazy Ted posted:

I don't know but look at this video of the local police being very aware of what's going on around them

https://twitter.com/MartinoliCuri/status/1500366885409497096

I dunno, from the pics I've seen if I was just a solo copper *I'd* be very, very not aware of what was happening just behind me.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

MagicCube posted:

Made the mistake of watching a bunch of the videos (do not search these out). Based off of those videos, I can’t possibly see how there weren’t a bunch of deaths at the scene. Stomping and kicking people unconscious on the ground in the head, chair shots to the heads of people on the ground, and much more. Disgusting brutality. Genuinely some of the worst things I’ve seen in ages - again, don’t seek them out. I really regret watching them.

I accidentally watched a clip of what was definitely a few dead bodies linked as a reply to a completely unrelated tweet. The entire thing was loving absurd.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I dunno, from the pics I've seen if I was just a solo copper *I'd* be very, very not aware of what was happening just behind me.

Yeah, any single person trying to get involved there just dies.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Crazy Ted posted:

I think it's easy to see why there's confusion because initially it was on a lot of social media accounts/spaces that there were 17 fatalities, including some large accounts.

Yeah initial reports on social media and Reddit were all pretty consistent on saying 17, but it seems as though reliable news sources aren’t willing to put a number on it. I’m pretty sure I saw around 10 different presumably dead bodies on Twitter.

Bape Culture posted:

It doesn’t really seem like there’s a good explanation for what happened. Twitter is full of stories of people being attacked just because they’re wearing the Atlas shirt, but who knows how reliable that is.

Everyone seems to agree that there was a fight in the stands that spilled over throughout the stadium and that there was essentially no security for the match. The videos I’ve seen definitely look like there was something organized by the Queretaro ultras because they look very organized and seem to be hunting people. Beyond that it’s very tough to say.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Bunch of news reports are saying there were no deaths but a bunch of injuries

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
i insist you do NOT go watching these videos, however, here is a paragraph of the excruciating details

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Almost like it was meant to let us know what's in the video without watching it ourselves.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GoalNews/status/1501509851347832832
he'd have wanted to not talk about that imo

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Is he hiding out in Russia?

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
P. much yes and a fat lot of good it does to him now.

Also they caught him on a wire which is not cleared unless there’s probable cause in a major criminal investigation, or whatever the precise legal term is. So the guy was alright involved with dumb poo poo and then got caught talking about his other dumb poo poo.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
does his cousin play for a Ukrainian club?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

so is chelsea dead as a going concern? they make a small profit however

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/uefa-open-disciplinary-proceedings-against-psg-president-nasser-al-khelaifi/

quote:

L’Équipe report this evening that UEFA have opened disciplinary proceedings against PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi and director Leonardo with regard to the events which unfolded at the end of last night’s defeat to Real Madrid.

The two men’s vigorous protests over refereeing decisions during the 3-1 loss is being investigated, with UEFA to use the referees’ match reports and other proof in their investigation such as video recordings.

According to witnesses speaking to L’Équipe, Al-Khelaifi and Leonardo had left their seats before full-time and headed for the referees’ dressing room. The former is said to have yelled and banged against the walls such was his anger, although this has been denied by his entourage.

When they tried to enter the referees’ room, they were pushed back and told to leave, but Leonardo reportedly blocked the door to keep it open. Al-Khelaifi is said to have grabbed a linesman’s flag and snapped it in half.

On realising he was being filmed by a Real Madrid employee, Al-Khelaifi told him to stop doing so on three occasions. According to certain witnesses, he hit the employee’s hand when the former carried on filming, and made the phone drop on the floor. PSG assert that this is false and that a club member simply took the phone instead. Spanish media has reported that the PSG president also verbally threatened the man recording, forcing Real Madrid security and police to intervene. Al-Khelaifi’s entourage denies these reports, claiming that he and Leonardo simply wanted to go speak to the referee but were barred from doing so.

According to L’Équipe‘s sources at the club, Real Madrid have sent the video to UEFA, but the management have refused to make the video public so as to not damage Al-Khelaifi’s image any further.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

PSG: a fruad-rear end club

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
I love it when they find the perfect picture to go with a story

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

pik_d posted:

I love it when they find the perfect picture to go with a story

i found that in the replies to some tweet about this lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Crazy Ted posted:

PSG: a fruad-rear end club

:hmmyes:

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I think this was after Demba Ba dumped them out in the quarter finals in 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JxLI3fLd3fU

Or maybe it was one of those other times his bitch rear end fail team utterly crumbled away from home haha

Nis
Feb 21, 2011

:allears:
that face is now the one i think of when i hear/read "a face like thunder"

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Transfersdotcom/status/1503021349329149952

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
At first I thought it was a balotelli style shoulder to the chest and the defenders gone down a bit easy. Lol nope

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Millwall right now:

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
God drat that's a proper hit.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
What a hit son, what a hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003