Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

mediaphage posted:

to be fair it's probably the funniest joke a 'prominent' conservative has intentionally made in the last five years

It's marginally funnier than "It's his house, he's supposed to be there" (but so is literally everything else)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The Republicans have their focal point: Trump. They're a fascist cult of personality who only want to do whatever Trump says. Look at the Ohio Senate race where like 12 Republicans are viciously ripping and tearing at each other's faces like rabid lizards but the only issue is who loves Trump the most and who does Trump love the most.

But what's the Democrat's focal point? What do they actually give a gently caress about? What unifies them? I would've said Roe v Wade but lol apparently not

The Kingdom of Conscience will be exactly as it is now. Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded. Centrism isn't change -- not even incremental change. It is *control*. Over yourself and the world. Exercise it. Look up at the sky, at the dark shapes of Coalition airships hanging there. Ask yourself: is there something sinister in moralism? And then answer: no. God is in his heaven. Everything is normal on Earth.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Justus posted:

The Kingdom of Conscience will be exactly as it is now. Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded. Centrism isn't change -- not even incremental change. It is *control*. Over yourself and the world. Exercise it. Look up at the sky, at the dark shapes of Coalition airships hanging there. Ask yourself: is there something sinister in moralism? And then answer: no. God is in his heaven. Everything is normal on Earth.

:hmmyes:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mediaphage posted:

lol yea point to where i've ever said anything good about her you overreactive pillock

there's a difference between lolling at the democrats being dumb as hell and posting literal republican propaganda

they're idiotic enough on their own

Republican propoganda like Tara Reade's rape allegations or Republican propoganda like video footage of your favorite brain-damaged rapist molesting kids?

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 20:02 on Mar 2, 2022

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Attempting to separate source from context doesn't make you look good, because then you're seen as defending people who really don't loving need anyone defending them.

"The message in this video is to be discounted because of who retweeted it" is some county-level Democrats bullshit.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 20:04 on Mar 2, 2022

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
imo source and context are fine to separate but if you don't agree that's cool

with that said stop acting like a minor disagreement about something means i'm you're super duper Posting Enemy

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mediaphage posted:

with that said stop acting like a minor disagreement about something means i'm you're super duper Posting Enemy

How about this: I do what I want. at the moment that involves mocking you for thinking anybody really gives a poo poo about a particular piece of propaganda in a system that was designed and operated to be packed to the loving brim with it, you ignorant bellend.

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 20:34 on Mar 2, 2022

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Oh noes Republicans might use that to make Dems look bad!"

Maybe Democrats could stop being loving dogshit.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The dude who literally wrote the book on propaganda did so as a way to teach others how to sell poo poo to people, for fucks sake. But this instance it's really bad because it could be used against Democrats.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

lol

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"Oh noes Republicans might use that to make Dems look bad!"

Maybe Democrats could stop being loving dogshit.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

criticizing democrats is so easy and obvious that if you ban any line of criticism of democrats that republicans also engage in, you'll not be able to criticize democrats

copy
Jul 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTaUliCxN_o&t=172s

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

docbeard posted:

It's marginally funnier than "It's his house, he's supposed to be there" (but so is literally everything else)

that was pretty funny though

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Mayor Dave posted:

Her husband did just die

a good first step

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

criticizing democrats is so easy and obvious that if you ban any line of criticism of democrats that republicans also engage in, you'll not be able to criticize democrats

you can't even criticize democrats by playing back their actual statements because republicans already have. basically you have to accept being a chud to criticize them

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
I volunteer at a dog shelter and we were all really proud when the usda came and adopted a little beagle puppy to train

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

A Bakers Cousin posted:

I volunteer at a dog shelter and we were all really proud when the usda came and adopted a little beagle puppy to train

i love beagles. ours were all dumb as driveway gravel but they just wanted to please you so bad

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The Republicans have their focal point: Trump. They're a fascist cult of personality who only want to do whatever Trump says. Look at the Ohio Senate race where like 12 Republicans are viciously ripping and tearing at each other's faces like rabid lizards but the only issue is who loves Trump the most and who does Trump love the most.

But what's the Democrat's focal point? What do they actually give a gently caress about? What unifies them? I would've said Roe v Wade but lol apparently not

Trump is the Democrat's focal point, too lol

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Slamhound posted:

Trump is the Democrat's focal point, too lol

also Reagan

President Kucinich
Feb 21, 2003

Bitterly Clinging to my AK47 and Das Kapital

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

say she and manchin both voted this is still a needs-60 issue right? so it would have been entirely performative.

No. The filibuster is a legal fiction with no basis in law. If the bill gets 50 votes and Schumer passes it to Biden and he signs it, it will become law. The senate parliamentarian can eat rocks.

Don't let democrats hide behind their bullshit Calvinball excuses for doing nothing.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Dr. Video Games 0135 posted:

https://twitter.com/benshapiro/status/1498753252141281282?s=20&t=OYqf4H-swpR7PVwqJ6aOwA

lol @ getting dunked by Lil' Ben. Truly Dems believe in meritocracy and only elevating the best and brightest

Obama was the Prestige TV president
Trump was the Reality TV president
Kamala is the The Office president. everything about her situation would lead you to believe she is the main character of a mockumentary show, including the fact that Veep is already that premise - a craven weirdo with no political instincts is kept just out of reach of real power at every turn by the talentless schmucks and sociopaths she has chosen to surround herself with.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

President Kucinich posted:

No. The filibuster is a legal fiction with no basis in law. If the bill gets 50 votes and Schumer passes it to Biden and he signs it, it will become law. The senate parliamentarian can eat rocks.

Don't let democrats hide behind their bullshit Calvinball excuses for doing nothing.

it's funny because the republicans already did this and dems are still whinging about the filibuster

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

mediaphage posted:

idk she’s terrible but was specifically asked to dumb it down

I think it actually encapsulates the Democratic Party’s mindset perfectly that “in layman’s terms” is mentally translated as “speaking to a kindergartener”

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I think it actually encapsulates the Democratic Party’s mindset perfectly that “in layman’s terms” is mentally translated as “speaking to a kindergartener”

Also having a position of the parliamentarian taps into the classic dem/liberal "mother may I attitude"

When the GOP has majority they use every means possible to pass all their bills

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

etalian posted:

Also having a position of the parliamentarian taps into the classic dem/liberal "mother may I attitude"

When the GOP has majority they use every means possible to pass all their bills

rules!!!!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
peasants, you must die in the cube mines for commercial rentiers

https://twitter.com/KR1573N/status/...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
thanks george, let me know where to send the invoice

https://twitter.com/GeorgeTakei/sta...ingawful.com%2F

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/...ingawful.com%2F

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Realistic means poor people die. I never put it together, but that's literally what it means

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
The Democrats are going to get destroyed in 247 days

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

ikanreed posted:

Realistic means poor people die. I never put it together, but that's literally what it means

yup

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

ex post facho posted:

its time for cspam to vote trump so he can disband nato

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
https://twitter.com/TrendingLiberal/status/1500575509302112256

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
its crazy how the 2% of gas we get from russia is actually whats filling all our cars which is why 2 days after war breaks out prices spike because we have zero reserves

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Robo Reagan posted:

its crazy how the 2% of gas we get from russia is actually whats filling all our cars which is why 2 days after war breaks out prices spike because we have zero reserves
Oil is somewhat fungible, and sold on the world market. Doesn't really matter if the US only buys a small portion of Russian oil, if countries that used to get it from Russia are now competing for the stuff Americans guzzle.

That said, I'm pretty sure there should be a delayed effect if it was all based on the cost of oil, given that it has to be shipped, refined, and sold first, and contracts aren't a day to day thing. Obviously no reason not to hike it immediately though if you get a good excuse.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Oil is somewhat fungible, and sold on the world market. Doesn't really matter if the US only buys a small portion of Russian oil, if countries that used to get it from Russia are now competing for the stuff Americans guzzle.

That said, I'm pretty sure there should be a delayed effect if it was all based on the cost of oil, given that it has to be shipped, refined, and sold first, and contracts aren't a day to day thing. Obviously no reason not to hike it immediately though if you get a good excuse.

Russia represents 8% of global oil, so at 4 dollars a gallon that's at most a what, 32 cent no russian tax?
So a year ago it was $3.70, right?

E: Sorry, this is comming off real dickish. I only mean that like most of the pandemic price increases they're using whatever situation as a cover and the price is going up because they know they can.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

ikanreed posted:

crucially not of drug overdoses though, Manchin's red line was making sure the tax credit ended. Because they're all on drugs *runs over protestors with a Maserati*

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

zegermans posted:

crucially not of drug overdoses though, Manchin's red line was making sure the tax credit ended. Because they're all on drugs *runs over protestors with a Maserati*

Drug overdoses are a preventable stain on America

Death by being poor is their own dammed fault and they should have bootstrapped better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

ex post facho posted:

How insane is it to constantly demand an ask of American citizens who have been through the ringer for 3 decades with no breathing room for the constant sacrifices, War on drugs, war on terror, 2A rights, opioid epidemic, this pandemic, getting in line to vote for Biden who doesn’t lift a finger to help