Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Vote to threadban Bioshuffle
This poll is closed.
Yes (Goku) 146 85.38%
No (also Goku) 25 14.62%
Total: 171 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Probably just the instructions for what he immediately tells the cameras afterward.

Keeping the actual text off-screen is a good way to keep a little bit of mystery about the character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

christmas boots posted:

I think Starr should have to be his butler for a year

Starr got into trouble since he thought he could anything he wants

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

can someone hurry up and cancel awkafina so nobody else can be subjected to her writing

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Bro Dad posted:

can someone hurry up and cancel awkafina so nobody else can be subjected to her writing

They already tried to cancel her for cultural appropriation but it didn't stick.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
because that was a clown-faced attempt by morons who dont know what the gently caress they were talking about

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Honestly I feel that way about Justin Roiland whenever he has to "act". Or "improvise"

I like his writing and animation but some of his voices are just nails on chalkboards and then are made worse when he does that stupid neurotic stutter as well. As one of his own characters once said "that got old fast"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Bro Dad posted:

Just caught that episode.

Wow, that was a unique 15 minutes.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I've watched the first two and ehhhhhhhh on the first one. It's one joke repeated for fifteen minutes. It's charming, but not that charming. Eh.

And that sure was a Justin Roiland episode, but the first short predisposed me to not enjoy any more ironic murderous nihilism, and this is a lesser effort from him IMO.

Switched off midway through the comic tie in one. Wasn't in the mood for undiluted Ennis.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Watch ep 7.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

It’s so hilarious that Ennis stuck with his characterization and gave the weakest one

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

You were right. Smart, moving, nicely animated. Andy Sandburg wrote this!?!?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It really stands above every other episode. They were all about the violence and gross-out humour. Ep 7 is so sincere in the relationship and love between the couple and it works.

I did not expect Andy Sandburg to write something so bitter sweet and moving.

Late edit to laugh at myself: Yes, it turns out his name is Andy Samberg. I mean, it sounded right, lol.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Mar 8, 2022

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Samberg.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

V. impressed by Andy Sangborg

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Hell, Sameberg.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Bah, Sumbug.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Seembug?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Hot Rod is one of the funniest movies to come out in years.

Cocaine is Abel
Nov 12, 2021
Cartoon bad.

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth
Cartoon mediocre to good.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

pile of brown posted:

Not excusable, but if you're the type who is prone to getting blackout drunk in bars you've probably been involved in something similar. I've had injuries on that level from drunkenly horsing around with friends I didn't press charges on. Fun to explain my black eye and hosed up face to my boss at my customer facing job after my friend and I decided we really needed to duel with kendo swords at 1am in my backyard though.
Quoting this for a solid wtf. Lots of people abuse alcohol without violence being involved in any way, and attacking a stranger for asking you to calm down has nothing to do with drunkenly doing stupid poo poo with a friend.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Thought all the posts were about the cartoon. What a bummer about Starr.

I enjoyed each episode of Diabolical, even the Awkwafina one. Obviously episode 7 was the standout and gave me a huge new respect for Andy Samberg, who I already love.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Bro Dad posted:

I thought her skit was great. That, the anime one, and esp the Ennis ones were good stuff. The rest pretty blah. Looking forward to them doing it again.

loving turds!

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Martman posted:

Quoting this for a solid wtf. Lots of people abuse alcohol without violence being involved in any way, and attacking a stranger for asking you to calm down has nothing to do with drunkenly doing stupid poo poo with a friend.

I work late nights and when I get off bars are the only thing open and I've seen similar incidents probably a hundred times, often knowing both parties. It's not good, or reasonable, but this poo poo happens on a daily basis if you go get drunk a lot and hang out with other drunk people.

I think the point I was trying to make though was that a lot of people are reacting like he went to a restaurant and attacked the chef there, when actually he was drunk in a bar and got into an altercation with another drunk person who happened to be a chef.

Not defending Antony at all, I'm just not as baffled by this situation as a lot of people seem to be.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

pile of brown posted:

I work late nights and when I get off bars are the only thing open and I've seen similar incidents probably a hundred times, often knowing both parties. It's not good, or reasonable, but this poo poo happens on a daily basis if you go get drunk a lot and hang out with other drunk people.

I think the point I was trying to make though was that a lot of people are reacting like he went to a restaurant and attacked the chef there, when actually he was drunk in a bar and got into an altercation with another drunk person who happened to be a chef.

Not defending Antony at all, I'm just not as baffled by this situation as a lot of people seem to be.

I don't think anyone here is baffled, just revolted

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I get where it was personally alienating but lol that the girl who was intangible to all physical matter and could pass through walls (and thus basically invulnerable) had a "useless superpower."

Maybe it wouldn't lend itself to being on the Seven or a city mascot face, but Vought could totally use something like that for Intel and espionage.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Owlbear Camus posted:

I get where it was personally alienating but lol that the girl who was intangible to all physical matter and could pass through walls (and thus basically invulnerable) had a "useless superpower."

Maybe it wouldn't lend itself to being on the Seven or a city mascot face, but Vought could totally use something like that for Intel and espionage.

Exactly. It's a useless superpower when everyone knows about it, but a very good power when nobody does. See: exploding heads.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
As a cook I have been assaulted and had hot food flung in my face by drunk patrons. I didn’t have a glass smashed into my face but there’s a really good chance if I had then I’d have attempted to cook one of their hands in the deep fryer. It sucks that Anthony Starr is a total piece of poo poo, I hope he gets his act together and quits drinking, but I don’t need to like Starr as a person to enjoy a show where he is a gleefully horny murder-god.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar
It's easier if you just assume that every single famous person is a piece of poo poo.

Even the ones you like.

Especially the ones you like.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Bust Rodd posted:

As a cook I have been assaulted and had hot food flung in my face by drunk patrons. I didn’t have a glass smashed into my face but there’s a really good chance if I had then I’d have attempted to cook one of their hands in the deep fryer.

pile of brown posted:

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jedit posted:

Exactly. It's a useless superpower when everyone knows about it, but a very good power when nobody does. See: exploding heads.

My Hero Academia has a guy with that power who is borderline unstoppable because he can use it with incredible precision and has trained hard enough to wreck people when he closes in on them, but probably requires a series more invested in its fighting and choreography than The Boys

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
this would not have happened if the show was The Girls

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

tokin opposition posted:

Ugggghhhh, now I'm imagining what would happen if Ennis did a title with all female protagonists.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It's easier if you just assume that every single famous person is a piece of poo poo.

Even the ones you like.

Especially the ones you like.

Only Fred Rogers was pure

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

tokin opposition posted:

Gynovore posted:

Ugggghhhh, now I'm imagining what would happen if Ennis did a title with all female protagonists.

Now I'm thinking of Lena Dunham doing an episode of The Boys.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Chairman Capone posted:

Now I'm thinking of Lena Dunham doing an episode of The Boys.

I thought storm front was, yah know, into me? Like, a lesbian? But all she wanted was for me to join this weird youth group and I'm sorry I just don't do camping.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

tokin opposition posted:

it absolutely would have; girls get It done

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004

Barry Foster posted:

I don't think anyone here is baffled, just revolted

Its totally fair to not defend him attacking some 22 year old kid

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

tokin opposition posted:

shanked with a champagne flute over a bennie brunch, smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
i'm pitching The Enbies, nobody steal my million dollar idea