Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
One more guide site for people hitting 50 perhaps. Or even for those that may be missing some things. I went on a search to see if someone had a clear guide on who I should focus on doing rapport with first and why. I found a google doc that had a tab for not only that, but also cards and engravings. I'm unsure on their skill build stuff but mentioned it was kind of deprecated due to maxroll anyway.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jnbsTlaFNmwx8lZfl43yOTV9KtRqzZeHLOtEpLn4h8s/htmlview?pru=AAABfv4W0RM*sJBftlZcnKwY5hCpQSaMoA

You'll see the tabs along the top for each topic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Flair posted:

They did nerf Tytalos's instant kill, but if you are at ilvl, most of his attacks instant lock you to death or decimate your health anyway.

Well this makes sense as to why I was having issues last night. Miss one dodge in 10 min and it’s over.

These fights are exhausting tbh

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Carbot Animation's Lost Ark series is definitely going places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrCdprEQXLk

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

This is great.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

JuffoWup posted:

This is a perfect summary of the game.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

idiotsavant posted:

Yeah they have a serious bot/gold farmer problem on their hands and they're going to have to work it out or the economy is gonna go real sideways. I'm slow-levelling an alt and literally 85% of the players in the starting Luterra zones are speedhacking throwaway characters that run faster than my horse.

Yep, I was trying to farm the collectibles in log hill or whatever and all the recommended spawns were camped by bots with garbage names. If I killed the mobs they'd just swinging or casting on nothing.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

afkmacro posted:

Yep, I was trying to farm the collectibles in log hill or whatever and all the recommended spawns were camped by bots with garbage names. If I killed the mobs they'd just swinging or casting on nothing.
Collectibles in the sub-50 continents are ~1g-2g ea on the marketplace. One of the positives of the bots.

GodofGravity
Jun 20, 2005
Fun Shoe

phosdex posted:

It's an instance of some sort. There's some level of instance inception they don't allow.

Ah that makes sense. I was trying to save a few minutes of loading and travel time by starting in my stronghold so I could collect any finished projects and start new ones before going on adventures.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

GodofGravity posted:

Ah that makes sense. I was trying to save a few minutes of loading and travel time by starting in my stronghold so I could collect any finished projects and start new ones before going on adventures.

On the upside of saving time though, the game does save where you exit the stronghold. If you use the song of escape in your stronghold, you'll jump back to the regular game where you left it. But if you then play the song to go back, you'll see you have returned to the same spot in the stronghold to where you left. Handy as I generally just jump out near the storage keeper or the merchant desk so I can quickly visit back again.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Was anyone else unable to do double adventure island today? I thought weekends were supposed to allow for 2x of those islands.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Khorne posted:

Collectibles in the sub-50 continents are ~1g-2g ea on the marketplace. One of the positives of the bots.

I have now spent all my gold on collectibles

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I do a chaos dungeon and sell all the T1 mats for like 100g per run, and I have 5 alts at 50.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

JuffoWup posted:

On the upside of saving time though, the game does save where you exit the stronghold. If you use the song of escape in your stronghold, you'll jump back to the regular game where you left it. But if you then play the song to go back, you'll see you have returned to the same spot in the stronghold to where you left. Handy as I generally just jump out near the storage keeper or the merchant desk so I can quickly visit back again.

Just an FYI: if you have the crystalline aura you can access your storage from anywhere through the pet menu (and also most other things).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

yeti friend posted:

Just an FYI: if you have the crystalline aura you can access your storage from anywhere through the pet menu (and also most other things).

I’m not sure how they’d do it but I wish this was less clunky. It just doesn’t flow right

Pryce
May 21, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

I’m not sure how they’d do it but I wish this was less clunky. It just doesn’t flow right

For another awkward interaction option, Ctrl+Right Click on your actual pet in the world, and click the speech bubble. It'll immediately open your Storage with all the other functions available in the bottom menu.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

yeti friend posted:

Until very recently, I didn't have aura. I only ended up nabbing it for the pet repair feature as I broke my pickaxe banging away at spida island. That is only why I mentioned it. The stronghold/escape songs work well to jump in and out if needed.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Finally got the first powerpass, used it for an alt.

Turns out that it skips over all remaining side quests in Vern & Shushire that haven't already been completed on your main. With no way to get the item rewards from them. Cool. Very cool.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

SkyeAuroline posted:

Turns out that it skips over all remaining side quests in Vern & Shushire that haven't already been completed on your main. With no way to get the item rewards from them. Cool. Very cool.
You can still do them on your main and any manually leveled or knowledge transferred characters.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

SkyeAuroline posted:

Any roster quests it completed, you got the rewards for.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Khorne posted:

You can still do them on your main.

I'm talking about on my main. I had Vernese Forest & all of Shushire left to do. Vernese Forest terminated immediately after talking to Billy in the forest, Shushire quests just aren't there. (Quick amendment since I'm also playing right now: a couple are showing up now as I get further into the zone story.)

It's a known issue, apparently, with no fixes yet.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
Another fun bug is where your other Lab research projects are invisible, so you can't see their progress. Not sure why the game is still this buggy.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
So I did a cube ticket in matchmaking. Is there a reason to leave a cube early? Because as soon as we got to like the third room or so two people in the group kept spamming to quit. Me and the other person kept pushing forward. And I guess since at least two people are moving ahead, the rest of the party gets dragged in. We ended up clearing the entire cube and getting the max reward. Was there a reason to quit after the first reward? If you lost you still get your last best reward don't you? Is it just laziness that they wanted the first box and wanted to dip to do something else? I am so confused. We were clearly more than geared enough.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

kliras posted:

Another fun bug is where your other Lab research projects are invisible, so you can't see their progress. Not sure why the game is still this buggy.

Oh, I thought that was just me.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Velveteen posted:

So I did a cube ticket in matchmaking. Is there a reason to leave a cube early? Because as soon as we got to like the third room or so two people in the group kept spamming to quit. Me and the other person kept pushing forward. And I guess since at least two people are moving ahead, the rest of the party gets dragged in. We ended up clearing the entire cube and getting the max reward. Was there a reason to quit after the first reward? If you lost you still get your last best reward don't you? Is it just laziness that they wanted the first box and wanted to dip to do something else? I am so confused. We were clearly more than geared enough.

They were idiots, there's no reason to end a cube early unless it's obvious that your group is barely scraping by the current stage and won't be able to clear any farther.

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
You still get the reward you unlocked if you die in the cube anyways. Like the two times I was right before a diamond chest and got murked by a "survive!" room, I still got the platinum chests

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

kliras posted:

Pull research to all instead of available. Any with an exclamation point are completed that you can finish individually.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
Reddit, but lool...

https://www.reddit.com/r/lostarkgame/comments/t76dyy/lost_ark_endgame_content/

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok well gently caress I know what I’m doing now.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Velveteen posted:

The obvious reason is that it takes less time.

So if you have a T1 cube ticket on a T2 character (making the rewards effectively worthless), and you need to do a cube for your weekly or whatever, maybe you want to dip after the first reward.

The Gripper
Sep 14, 2004
i am winner
I'm really struggling with the last 3 T1 guardians, even with outgearing them and taking consumables in. For the most part some of their attacks feel unavoidable especially as a berserker; half of my attacks get you stuck in animations that are longer than Nacrasena or Flame Fox Yoho's attack wind-up, and with a 200ms ping I'm getting pulled back into attacks that look like I've dodged. I had to switch from Mayhem to Berserker's Technique just for the health and that's not even enough. Adding Grudge or Cursed Doll would wipe me out.

Is this how it's going to be for the rest of the game? Chaos dungeons are great but if I ignore the highest tier guardian I have access to then reaching T2 will take forever, and I'm not enjoying the guardians as they are. If I get a good group it's at best bearable but 90% of the time I'm finishing it as a corpse.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

The Gripper posted:

I'm really struggling with the last 3 T1 guardians, even with outgearing them and taking consumables in. For the most part some of their attacks feel unavoidable especially as a berserker; half of my attacks get you stuck in animations that are longer than Nacrasena or Flame Fox Yoho's attack wind-up, and with a 200ms ping I'm getting pulled back into attacks that look like I've dodged. I had to switch from Mayhem to Berserker's Technique just for the health and that's not even enough. Adding Grudge or Cursed Doll would wipe me out.

Is this how it's going to be for the rest of the game? Chaos dungeons are great but if I ignore the highest tier guardian I have access to then reaching T2 will take forever, and I'm not enjoying the guardians as they are. If I get a good group it's at best bearable but 90% of the time I'm finishing it as a corpse.

The bad design of some of the early guardians goes away at higher tiers but the second set of tier 2 guardians aren’t so bad.

You shouldn’t “have” to do a lot of guardians to get to t2 or even t3. Islands alone basically get you to t2 or close to. Guardians are definitely more helpful in getting from 2-3 but not at all mandatory.

I haven’t played a berserker so I don’t know their specific struggles but the game has a pretty high learning curve on most of the content. If you find it difficult to avoid the attack patterns of so of those guardians then you will get absolutely butchered by the back half of t2 abyssal dungeons. The Yorn dungeons are really easy but the bosses in the Feiton dungeons are very punishing and throw out way more abilities and punish you much more for getting hit.

I was getting pretty frustrated with things last week but this week the game really clicked for me this week especially after starting on t2 with my second character. I have very similar feels between this game and elden ring right now. Slow things down and focus more on not getting hit and attack when you are sure there is an opening.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

The Gripper posted:

Its just practice to understand when you can use certain moves depending on how long the boss takes to recover. You'll get it as you play more and learn the patterns. I think its better to play it safe than to go for damage as you are learning. Use your faster skills so you're not stuck in a bad position. The difficulty only goes up from T1. I'm at the end of T2 now and they feel a lot more complex than the ones in T1 with the exception of Tytalos which is really hard for a T1 boss. I used to die pretty often in guardian raids when starting out too. I used to take a death here and there every run. But as I got better in the game, I haven't died in guardian raids in weeks.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
In terms of the amounts of materials that Guardian Raids give, it's really not that much for honing purposes directly. Guardian raid drops are unbound which means you can sell them on the marketboard to get what you actually need and the T1 drops aren't actually worth that much.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
I had to laugh today doing a daily guardian raid on my i400 bard. Realized that I had forgotten to swap to my raid support skill loadout and braced for a clunky and tough time.

Turns out we had gotten matchmade with a i1300 something gunlancer who must have just wanted to finish the weekly because he did 95% of the damage and the boss was dead in 1:47 - including running from spawn.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
i did that exact same thing on my bard alt. forgot to use support build and just said gently caress it. everyone else in the party was dead with 0 lives left at the 10 min mark.

against lumerus. can't say that was entirely my fault

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
Steamcharts show that the peak times have shaved off 25% of concurrent players within the last month, but my queue times have grown 40%. Did something happen?

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Flair posted:

Steamcharts show that the peak times have shaved off 25% of concurrent players within the last month, but my queue times have grown 40%. Did something happen?
Are you talking about queues to connect or queues to do content? Can you provide more information about either, like which content, at what times, in what regions?

They released a change to matchmaking code that results in it taking a bit longer but being significantly more reliable.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 7, 2022

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Khorne posted:

Which server are you playing on and getting a queue? Allegedly east & both EU regions haven't had queues lately.

NA West. Mari. The queue has been at its highest in a while with 5k when it is normally 3k around this time.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
Haven’t seen a queue on Una in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Decided to see what this islands stuff is all about and the next thing in the calendar was spida island — turns out that’s not a great intro to island content. Nobody had level 30 mining (I read a guide after the fact) so we sat there for 15 minutes pressing G on consecutively smaller eggs.