Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

lite_sleepr posted:

Perhaps I'm being nitpicky but it seems the only fashion souls available is plate wearing night, grungy gambison foot soldier, a mismash of cloth or some kind of hideous amalgamation of flesh or hideous, hideous plate armor

it takes its sweet time but better armor options start opening up in scads once you reach altus plateau

i was running the basic confessor set for like 25 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I don’t need exact specifics, but where should I go to find the giant blacksmith in Liurnia?

NW

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

SHISHKABOB posted:

I talked to the festival guy in the little chair in the building you go through to get to radahns fight the first time.

Ok, I think that finally did it. What a weird way to handle a questline, even for a Fromsoft game...

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

oh my god stop with the loving gank bosses. currently mad at: godskin duo

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Oxxidation posted:

it takes its sweet time but better armor options start opening up in scads once you reach altus plateau

i was running the basic confessor set for like 25 hours

That actually looks pretty good. Where can I get that?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

I don’t need exact specifics, but where should I go to find the giant blacksmith in Liurnia?

Left. Just all the way left. He's about as left as you can go on the map. If you run into a Manor in the upper left just go south from there.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

north west direction

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

lite_sleepr posted:

That actually looks pretty good. Where can I get that?

you're going to laugh, but if you don't pick the confessor class then it's only sold by a merchant at the extreme northwestern portion of the map

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Speaking of Rya, what a sweetie 🥺 i told her of the darker side of the manor but didn't give her the proof of her parentage, i didn't have the heart to do it especially knowing the way from npc quests typically play out. I'm positive she's doing to kill herself or otherwise do something not good. has anyone else finished her quest?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zore posted:

Best shield is the turtle shell because its the Grass Crest shield with 100% physical negate and weirdly high stability. Also frees up a ring slot since its stamina regen bonuses don't stack with the turtle charm

god drat add that to the list of god tier items just sitting out in the open you can grab the moment you get the horse

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

lite_sleepr posted:

Perhaps I'm being nitpicky but it seems the only fashion souls available is plate wearing night, grungy gambison foot soldier, a mismash of cloth or some kind of hideous amalgamation of flesh or hideous, hideous plate armor

And holy cow is being invaded a joke. It seems the trick is get a gimmick weapon with a gimmick spell or ash, and just own

There's a lot more stuff than just plate and gambesons.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I don’t understand the end of the Sellen questline. (Heavy spoilers)Ok so I sided with her against the witch Hunter guy and afterwards she sets up in the library and says she killed Rennala. But when you reload she has transformed into a mask ball(which I assume is her own fault) and Rennala is back. Did she just not realize Rennala can revive?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
also from what i can tell there's currently three questlines that are either unfinishable or no one's discovered their conclusion yet

1. nepheli loux, if given the king hawk ash
2. kenneth haight's search for the lord of limgrave
3. saving blaidd, which is absolutely a thing you can do, shut up, i'm not crying you're crying

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
Ok, I can’t get Ranni to show up either. Did I have to do this pre finishing Stormveil? I am super confused what is causing her not to spawn. I have the bell, so I’ve met her at least once?

E: i super cannot figure out what condition I might be missing here from googling, everywhere just says she will be there right away. It feels weird if killing Godricks locks you out given he is on the critical path well before Carina manor

E2: I’ve been to redmane tower for the tourneyand some stuff suggests that maybe I need to kill Radahn first?

I’ve also been to Sofria River well but didn’t see Blaidd there.

tildes fucked around with this message at 05:09 on Mar 7, 2022

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

I definitely found her after finishing Stormveil but before fighting Radahn

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Wow, I’m blind. I even rested at the grace point next to the giant blacksmith, and STILL didn’t see him!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RatHat posted:

I don’t understand the end of the Sellen questline. (Heavy spoilers)Ok so I sided with her against the witch Hunter guy and afterwards she sets up in the library and says she killed Rennala. But when you reload she has transformed into a mask ball(which I assume is her own fault) and Rennala is back. Did she just not realize Rennala can revive?

Yeah, basically.

she does sell a new sorcery during that brief period where she says she killed Rennala but ultimately gets done in by her own hubris

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

tildes posted:

Ok, I can’t get Ranni to show up either. Did I have to do this pre finishing Stormveil? I am super confused what is causing her not to spawn. I have the bell, so I’ve met her at least once?

E: i super cannot figure out what condition I might be missing here from googling, everywhere just says she will be there right away. It feels weird if killing Godricks locks you out given he is on the critical path well before Carina manor

Like every NPC once they leave the first place you found them you have to find them in their new location.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

tildes posted:

It's definitely not about Stormveil. I started her quest long after doing that + Lucaria.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Flytrap posted:

Has anyone found The Really Good Spears? I did so many playthroughs of DS3 using Ornstien's spear and I miss playing the stabby game.
it's not just stabby but the cross nagitana is a very nice spear.

Valdent
Mar 16, 2016
So possibly bugged interaction but the eclipse shotel weapon skill applies to the fires deadly sin spells damage aura letting people just walk into you to instant kill you in invasions. Now there's dumb instant kill griefing that doesn't even require hacking

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

pentyne posted:

Like every NPC once they leave the first place you found them you have to find them in their new location.

Sorry to be clear, I can’t find her in her tower. It seems like maybe it’s because I went to the festival and need to kill Radahn or something?

I guess I’ll go kill him and see if that helps.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

pentyne posted:

ah gently caress I need to pick a shield to start upgrading

guessing the 100% physical negation mediums are the best? Greatshields just don't feel good.
I mean, depends on if you're parrying. if you're not, greatshields are basically just better so long as you can deal with the weight+stat reqs.

OH WORD SON
Apr 21, 2006
loving god drat Astel, I didn't realize the void you were from was my huge, gaping rear end in a top hat you've spent the last hour punishing.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

RatHat posted:

Where do you find Sellen after she gets a new body? I went to the basement and the guy from Redmane was there but she seems to have just vanished now

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

tildes posted:

Sorry to be clear, I can’t find her in her tower. It seems like maybe it’s because I went to the festival and need to kill Radahn or something?

I guess I’ll go kill him and see if that helps.

Kill Radahn

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
2 things:

* Hoarfrost Stomp is certain death for those being invaded. Sorry, dudes.

* Triangle + d-pad is a game changer for flasks. Thanks for whoever suggested that.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

IronicDongz posted:

I mean, depends on if you're parrying. if you're not, greatshields are basically just better so long as you can deal with the weight+stat reqs.

and if you can't, brass shield + greatshield talisman will get you most of the way there

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

JBP posted:

Where do you find Sellen after she gets a new body? I went to the basement and the guy from Redmane was there but she seems to have just vanished now

||They have two summon signs in the royal library, or might be just outside that you chose who to side with||

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

ASenileAnimal posted:

oh my god stop with the loving gank bosses. currently mad at: godskin duo

yo this is seriously the worst fight in the game what were they thinking

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Willfrey posted:

Kill Radahn

Omg thank you. Also realized that’s where my other missing NPC is.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
wait did radahn seriously become a gravity god just so his fat rear end wouldn't hurt his horse buddy that loving rules

IronicDongz posted:

it's not just stabby but the cross nagitana is a very nice spear.

Naginata's ARE cool as hell, I definitely want to grab that then.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DarthRoblox posted:

Level 128, 47 vig, 50 faith, mid 20s on secondary stats. I don’t think I’m underleveled at this point, but even with the mimic ash I’m still getting nowhere. I’m comparison, Mohg was fine after a handful of tries and even Malenia seems hard but fair aside from the crazy death slash. I dunno, I just can’t find almost any chances to hit either form without immediately getting hit back for most of my life.

What weapon are you using or are you all in on incantations? Assuming it’s the 2nd phase that’s doing you in, his main first attack is actually pretty safe if you roll into him and then do a light hit. If you can afford to carry a big sword or hammer or something then you can get a stagger pretty quickly

I used a different sword but check this video out to see exactly what attack to roll through and get some hits in since it’s basically what I did (i did have a greatshield to just block waiting for openings). Once you see that opening (and avoid everything else) it’s pretty drat simple
video link

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
people who teabag while having such a lovely connection their co-op friends dropped...

smh

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Still no patch for PC stuttering?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

also from what i can tell there's currently three questlines that are either unfinishable or no one's discovered their conclusion yet

1. nepheli loux, if given the king hawk ash
2. kenneth haight's search for the lord of limgrave
3. saving blaidd, which is absolutely a thing you can do, shut up, i'm not crying you're crying

Yes I believe these are the unfinished ones.

Except 3. Awroooo the new world is built on the blood of the old. The moon watches!

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Just found out that if you go into manage dlc on steam you can turn off the elden ring adventure thing so that the game will just launch instead of having to go through a second window to then launch the game.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Ah preceptor Miriam we meet again. How did this end last time? With a face full of arrows you say. Well I'm not one to reinvent the wheel and my archery skill has only gotten better since last we met.

Re: quest log
I don't need a log I need more information from some of these NPC's. Oh, your going on a quest, care to let me know where, general direction, continent, anything besides where in the world is Millicent?

broken sm57
Apr 5, 2015
Finally finished after mainlining this for the last week and a half - think this might be my fav fromsoft game so far - some very spoilery thoughts below

-Incredible that right as you think you’re at the end of the game you get rewarded with two top tier Dark Souls 2 DLC style city sized dungeons. Haligtree in particular has me wondering if FROM was developing DLC, and then just decided to bundle it in at release
-The arc of the roundtable hold really worked for me, from gradually filling up with npcs over the first third of the game to becoming a desolate burning husk by the end as nearly everyone has died or disappeared. Felt genuinely wrenching wandering through the empty rooms one last time before we taking on Marika/Radigon
- Had a lot of fun playing with generous respec options - the variety of incantations in this game ruled, even if I did eventually ditch them for poise breaking weapon arts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Urthor posted:

Still no patch for PC stuttering?

Probably not for a couple more weeks at minimum