Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
My speaker set for my TV is failing, so I ordered a new soundbar, and forgot to add the apartment number, so it was not delivered.

There's only 8 apartments, and I doubt anyone else is named Iron Crowned in it, so UPS could have just left it inside the door. I had to call the shipper and have them update the address because they had it set up so I couldn't change it.

It's all understandable on their parts, and I'm the one who hosed up, but it sure is annoying, and my TV sounds like garbage :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I wish youtube's algorithm had a longer attention span than me. Like yes, I listened to the black screen thunderstorm video to get to sleep. That doesnt' mean I want you to replace all my recommended videos during the day with videos like that. Like just one 10 hour listening session on a video like that and it becomes 60+% of my recommended.

The youtube algorithm is awful at recommending good videos and whoever designed it should be fired.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Today apropos of nothing youtube recommended me a video with a newborn in the thumbnail with like 50 views titled like 'remembering our daughter, 02/02/2020 - 02/08/2020' :(

What a bummer! Why did it do that!!

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Wow, uplifting

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Killingyouguy! posted:

Today apropos of nothing youtube recommended me a video with a newborn in the thumbnail with like 50 views titled like 'remembering our daughter, 02/02/2020 - 02/08/2020' :(

What a bummer! Why did it do that!!

New video. Rarely watched

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

yeah I eat rear end posted:

I wish youtube's algorithm had a longer attention span than me. Like yes, I listened to the black screen thunderstorm video to get to sleep. That doesnt' mean I want you to replace all my recommended videos during the day with videos like that. Like just one 10 hour listening session on a video like that and it becomes 60+% of my recommended.

The youtube algorithm is awful at recommending good videos and whoever designed it should be fired.

i dont like how it narrows down too much what i like. i have broad interests and like to watch a lot of stuff, just because i watch a lot of retro gaming stuff doesnt mean that i want every video to be about that, it used to recommend me history lectures as well but maybe because they're less profitable (they're longer, and tend to not have ads) i don't get them recommended anymore

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The algorithm has been updated to make you very sad instead of a nazi. GJ youtube.

I feel like it used to point me to things related to what I was watching. Like, songs would link to similar songs. Now it just points me to poo poo I have already watched that's totally unrelated.

MagpieConcept
Feb 6, 2022

Youtube used to be kinda decent at recommending me new music based on my likes. Idk what happened but it's totally useless in that department now. And now that bandcamp is owned by epic I'm not even sure where to move to as far as finding new music, RIP.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MagpieConcept posted:

Youtube used to be kinda decent at recommending me new music based on my likes. Idk what happened but it's totally useless in that department now. And now that bandcamp is owned by epic I'm not even sure where to move to as far as finding new music, RIP.

Bandcamp is still the best option until further notice.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

The edges of winter periods where it can be pretty warm in the day, but randomly dip into freezing in the night, and you can never really be sure how safe it is to bike instead of walk to work in the morning.

Especially the random shadow-zones that stay frozen for a while longer than everything else.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i dont need new music. i have enough music

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
“We don’t talk about Bruno” has been stuck in my head for weeks and I didn’t even watch that drat movie I just listened to the song. It’s not even that great. I need new music.

Peeve: Pixar is too good at making songs I don’t even like that won’t leave my head

Frozen is 9 years old now and still sometimes my brain goes OTPUSTI, I ZABUD, CANT HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE, LIBÉRÉE, DÉLIVRÉE, PLUS DE PRINCESSE PARFAITE

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 19:05 on Mar 3, 2022

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

“We don’t talk about Bruno” has been stuck in my head for weeks and I didn’t even watch that drat movie I just listened to the song. It’s not even that great. I need new music.

Peeve: Pixar is too good at making songs I don’t even like that won’t leave my head

Frozen is 9 years old now and still sometimes my brain goes OTPUSTI, I ZABUD, CANT HOLD IT BACK ANYMORE, LIBÉRÉE, DÉLIVRÉE, PLUS DE PRINCESSE PARFAITE

Those aren’t Pixar, they’re regular Disney. They just do 3D animation now. Pixar’s only musical is Coco.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i hate the pixar/disney animation style where the characters constantly tense up their lower eyelids

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Shibawanko posted:

i hate the pixar/disney animation style where the characters constantly tense up their lower eyelids

What gets me about some of the recent ones is how they flex their animation with quite good cgi of things like hair and skin in closeup, but everyone still has giant cartoon eyes.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
I hate animation that has a kind of rubber-band motion to it. Like, a person can't raise their head up unless they've first lowered it. Everyone moves like loving pigeons.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

"Fan theories" circulating on the internet which make no sense.
"Bobby is actually Bill Dauterive's son because he doesn't look anything like Hank!"
Like yo, have you SEEN Cotton Hill?

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019
That just leads into the other fan theory that Bobby is Cotton's son.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Dip Viscous posted:

:tviv:

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Dip Viscous posted:

Get the gently caress out

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Hank doesn't look like Cotton. Could he be Topsy's son? How deep does this go?

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Hank doesn't look like Cotton. Could he be Topsy's son? How deep does this go?

Hank does look just like his mom though. So he just inherited his mothers side more.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

credburn posted:

I hate animation that has a kind of rubber-band motion to it. Like, a person can't raise their head up unless they've first lowered it. Everyone moves like loving pigeons.

Squash and stretch are necessary for animation to look good. Ralph Bakshi often didn't use it and it stands out. You notice it when it's not there.

The pisser is that, once you notice it, you'll obsess over it and it will bug you.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Joseph is actually the only character raised by their legitimate parents.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

lobsterminator posted:

Hank does look just like his mom though. So he just inherited his mothers side more.

That makes no sense, because his half brother also looks just like him

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

mostlygray posted:

Squash and stretch are necessary for animation to look good.

I do not believe this for a second!

But here's another thing annoying me, I don't know if it fits in this thread, but: I use Facebook to keep track of events. There's poo poo going on all the time, and I click Interested, Interested, Interested, so that Facebook tells me when these events are coming up. But today I get a notice that says "Reminder: You have two events coming up today" and I click on it, and it brings me to a page that shows three events I'm interested in, none of which are today, and they're not in any order. And the rest of the events listed seem to be random; some of them I'm interested in, most of them not, and they're not sorted by date, distance, anything. It's just random poo poo. I can't even find the two events I'm interested in because there's no way to sort any of this.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

mostlygray posted:

Squash and stretch are necessary for animation to look good. Ralph Bakshi often didn't use it and it stands out. You notice it when it's not there.

The pisser is that, once you notice it, you'll obsess over it and it will bug you.

I'm no industry expert, I don't know if this was a real technical limitation or a stylistic choice, but there was definitely a period right around when everyone was switching to Flash for tv animation where it looked like they were overdoing bounciness in motion (not squash and stretch, like literally just exaggerating the paths moving layers took) to get over how otherwise lifeless flash looked and it was terrible

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

At some point these last couple of weeks Windows started swapping out the lock screen images with various photos and art, etc. That itself is nice.
However they just slap on the most utterly loving banal text on them.

'The most interesting part of this painting is the lack of imaginative elements.'
What the gently caress are you talking about.

Also I recently had to get another account on my work pcs to work with a customer and now so many things that used to be automatic are now 'uhhh??? there are 2 microsoft accounts here! which one do you want to use? The one you use for everything, or the one you've only used in outlook, ever?'

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

re: pre-bounce in animation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cNmUNHSBac

or the Scandinavian flick.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Love windy days, nothing like the sound of pole saws and wood chippers literally throughout the night into the next morning

It's cool I didn't need to sleep, it's not Monday morning and I didn't have a headache to begin with, woulda sucked if any of those things were true

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Well, found out the house behind us had a tree fall on it and made a hole in their roof so I feel way more forgiving about some interrupted sleep, at least I don't have a tree on my house

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I don’t like shaving. I wish I didn’t grow a beard. People think it’s awesome and don’t realize that after like a weak it takes daily grooming to not look like a slob chewing on my mustache.

Yes there is rampant male privilege on display in this post.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

I don’t like bathing. I wish I didn’t get smelly. People think it’s awesome and don’t realize that after like two days it takes a shower to not smell like a slob stewing in my excretions.

lmao

just trim your poo poo, it's way easier than the leg and pit and elsewhere shaving women are expected to do

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I don’t like shaving. I wish I didn’t grow a beard. People think it’s awesome and don’t realize that after like a weak it takes daily grooming to not look like a slob chewing on my mustache.

I don't like shaving either, but I do enjoy not catching COVID. Shaving is a land of contrasts.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

My actual pet peeve is that the four-unit apartment complex I live in with 13+ other residents (four three-bedroom apartments) has a laundry room with two washing machines and two dryers: one that can't vent properly at all and is therefore worthless, and one that mostly vents properly but still only really works right when the door to the laundry room is open for ventilation.

Then, on top of that, some of the neighbors are loving garbage at actually pulling their laundry, so I have to be the rear end in a top hat that pulls laundry out to put my own in or mine will get moldy.

The wash cycle is less than half an hour, the dry cycle is less than an hour, this is Not Rocket Science and I'm entirely correct to be frustrated by these assholes.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

And someone loving closed the door to the laundry room between my last post and now, gently caress

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Yeah. I just worked 10 days straight of 12 hour shifts and holy poo poo it's annoying when you get things in your mustache because it's grown out. But super satisfying to trim it back down.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

FFT posted:

I don’t like bathing. I wish I didn’t get smelly. People think it’s awesome and don’t realize that after like two days it takes a shower to not smell like a slob stewing in my excretions.

lmao

just trim your poo poo, it's way easier than the leg and pit and elsewhere shaving women are expected to do

Honestly I'm not sure that's true, shaving legs and pits takes barely any time or attention or effort which makes sense because they're pretty flat surfaces. Shaving a face looks like an absolute pain, not that I've done it but it appears to require staring in a mirror intently and not uncommonly drawing blood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Organza Quiz posted:

Honestly I'm not sure that's true, shaving legs and pits takes barely any time or attention or effort which makes sense because they're pretty flat surfaces. Shaving a face looks like an absolute pain, not that I've done it but it appears to require staring in a mirror intently and not uncommonly drawing blood.
From personal experience, trimming a mustache so it's not at a chewable length takes up to a minute with a trimmer and a comb.

It's been quite a while since I've taken a proper razor to my face but that's not what's in question here. This was solved by electric trimmer technology by at least the 90s.