Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
Finally got to 70 INT so I can use both Rennala's staff and spell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Finally got to 70 INT so I can use both Rennala's staff and spell

is her staff worth using? I'm burned after upgrading a staff up to +14 and the meteor staff just straight up being better

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

grieving for Gandalf posted:

is her staff worth using? I'm burned after upgrading a staff up to +14 and the meteor staff just straight up being better

You can get it to S scaling after like 4 somber stone upgrades and it has a weapon art that can be useful in close quarters. Kinda depends on what spells you like or want to build towards. I used the meteor staff until I could wield this one and yeah it's super dependable, especially if you use gravity spells. Since you can't upgrade the meteor staff I would guess that others can reach a better S rank through upgrades.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Anyone else do the statue riddle in the capital that turtle pope mentions? Pretty big plot reveal, kinda wish I hadn't done it tbh

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lol got a bad bout of vertigo from crawling around on the haligtree. I’ll be back at this tomorrow. 42hr in :cheers:

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Jesus Christ how can a game have so much content

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

grieving for Gandalf posted:

the moon staff has the best int scaling so it depends on whether you max it out for upgrades. probably you can get more sorcery scaling from a split scaling staff if you had enough stats overall but idk.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
I simply plan to play this game until I have 99 in every stat.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

Arrhythmia posted:

I simply plan to play this game until I have 99 in every stat.

:hmmyes:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I think I'll get the staff and see how it looks after some upgrades, can't hurt

Rabid Boar posted:

Jesus Christ how can a game have so much content

I have straight up done stuff that felt like endgame poo poo and have not even entered the capitol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Finished Sellen’s quest and yikes. Also after finishing Ranni’s quest I went back to her rise for Sellen’s quest and Blaidd was outside mourning Ranni, he turned hostile and I had to kill my boy. I got his armor set as a consolation prize though

Also I found a whole new area under the capital. It’s completely insane how much stuff there is to do in this game

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

In Stormveil. How did they do this

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I'm tempted to respec into full Arcane dragon bullshit, anyone tried it?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Martman posted:

I'm normal, so no

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

That Little Demon posted:

I'm normal, so no

Doubt

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Martman posted:

There's a few really good ones but the cast times are really slow across the board

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Hmm yeah I gotta experiment with those a bit then, I guess Dexterity helps cast time so maybe a Dex/Arcane build would work

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Evil Eagle posted:

There's a few really good ones but the cast times are really slow across the board

From the ones I tried they are super mana thirsty too. I think they are definitely style over substance.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

The rot breath one owns, I used it and it basically killed the annoying teleporting witch in Liurnia study hall by itself

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

Sage Gowry sounds like he's about to tell me about the Monster Mash.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I was wondering if we'd ever top Dunk Head in Wax for weird things your character just intuitively does, but feeding rotten eyeballs to a blind woman who just wanted some grapes is up there

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Martman posted:

Hmm yeah I gotta experiment with those a bit then, I guess Dexterity helps cast time so maybe a Dex/Arcane build would work

Currently I heard that the special weapons that innately scale with Arcane are bugged out and don't get any damage boost from your stats at all, so that's a big missing piece of the payoff. If you stick a bleed or poison infusion on a normal weapon the Arcane scaling does work in that case, though. The highest level dragon spell I've messed around with is the rot breath one and that just melts stuff with minimum stat requirement but as was said, cast times are really slow and FP costs are high so it would be tough to have them as your main source of damage

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Finished Sellen’s quest

She has a quest? Do you have to buy all her sorceries first or something? I was in the Weeping Peninsula and found a ruins where someone who looked like her was chained to the wall but Sellen or Selivus never commented on it

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

lol I did that fight yesterday and hated it too. I generally don't like the "remember this boss from earlier? Well, now there's too of them" bosses, it's one of my only real complaints about the game. At least they mix it up by making it two variants of the same guy, but still.

I genuinely think you are never supposed to fight the abductors with normal melee l, every place I’ve found them has a convenient hunk of rocks you can climb that put you out of harms way

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

you can deal critical damage to them by hitting their bellies when they open up at least, I think that's the only bone the game throws you fighting them though

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

MeatwadIsGod posted:

She has a quest? Do you have to buy all her sorceries first or something? I was in the Weeping Peninsula and found a ruins where someone who looked like her was chained to the wall but Sellen or Selivus never commented on it

It starts really late, weirdly. You have to explore Mt. Gelmir to start it.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is there an in game explanation of the night of black knives or who the black knife assassin's work for? I'm thinking its the godskin guys.

Also I thought those dudes were gods' kin until I looked closer and think it's supposed to be god skin

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is there an in game explanation of the night of black knives or who the black knife assassin's work for? I'm thinking its the godskin guys.

Also I thought those dudes were gods' kin until I looked closer and think it's supposed to be god skin

if you get their equipment, you find out their stuff is made out of people's faces

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ok I guessed right based on closer looking at them

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

All I've got so far if that they assassinated Godfrey, I think over an ideological dispute about death?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Spanish Manlove posted:

yes there is. talk to rogier

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs

Spanish Manlove posted:

I very much recommend doing the moon witch questline for cool lore tidbits and unique zones and bosses

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

games posters. the game's been out for 10 days. be fuckin chill about not posting endgame lore speculation or be destroyed

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Blame Larry.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i do. explicitly.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

games posters. the game's been out for 10 days. be fuckin chill about not posting endgame lore speculation or be destroyed

Did you know that (endgame spoilers)  Aeris dies 

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Did you know that (endgame spoilers)  Aeris dies 

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

its completely insane that ive been playing five hours a day every day since it came out and i only just got th second great rune and still have whole swathes of the map that i dont even know what they look like. god this game is completely insane

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This game is like the world's most hosed up D&D campaign and it kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
What's even more insane is that in 400 hours when I finally beat it I'm going to want to immediately start a new game because there's so much stuff I feel like I hosed up or missed out on. This is the last video game I'm ever going to play.