Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

The posting ziggurat was environmental storytelling all along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stereobreadsticks
Feb 28, 2008

Empty Sandwich posted:

I almost added that he also dislikes good local tomatoes. He tried one again last summer foisted on him by a veggie stand guy with a knife. (The knife was for the tomatoes, not aggressive sales.) Still no luck.

Depressing side note: off-season tomatoes grown in FL or Mexico are often produced using slavery, according to a buddy of mine who works on stopping poo poo like that.

I'm kind of the same with tomatoes. From the time I was a kid my mom always had tomatoes growing in the backyard garden and I can recognize that they're good ones because if you apply even a little bit of heat to them I'm 100% on board, but I still don't like fresh, raw tomatoes, even homegrown heirloom types. I can and do eat them in salads and on burgers, etc. but they're really not my thing until they're cooked.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Aah, I see someone took a chance on Dibbler's finest most typical food product.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I see no problem here. Marcella Hazan's spinach lasagna is the OG recipe, and everyone I know could gently caress up an entire tray of the stuff.

e: Granted, there's very little cheese in hers, and then only Parmesan.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I bet it owns, but drat that photo is off-putting at first glance.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

stereobreadsticks posted:

I'm kind of the same with tomatoes. From the time I was a kid my mom always had tomatoes growing in the backyard garden and I can recognize that they're good ones because if you apply even a little bit of heat to them I'm 100% on board, but I still don't like fresh, raw tomatoes, even homegrown heirloom types. I can and do eat them in salads and on burgers, etc. but they're really not my thing until they're cooked.

I didn’t like raw tomatoes until I was like 40, and now I loving love them and can’t get enough.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

AlbieQuirky posted:

I didn’t like raw tomatoes until I was like 40, and now I loving love them and can’t get enough.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fartington Butts posted:

I bet it owns, but drat that photo is off-putting at first glance.
Yeah, the way the green comes through unevenly and the bunched up noodles at the corner put me off. I bet it's tasty.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Ror posted:

I’m always doing Pizza Math in my head when I look at a menu with sizes and prices, so I appreciate this box art. Kind of mad that it doesn’t perfectly illustrate the size difference though.

https://twitter.com/env_story/status/1500214659592433670

This just reminded me that the recently released SDK for the Playdate game console exposes the position of the iconic crank controller of the system in degrees, while the primary programming language for developing games for it, namely Lua, has a math library that uses radians. I just needed to shout into the void, ignore the post.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Done.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Welcome to the 1920s, when shredded wheat was huge...

...and apples had some unusual varieties.

Now shut up and eat your bran chocolate.

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

Shredded wheat is great for the 10 seconds between adding the milk and it becoming wallpaper paste

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

Eww, the colour green, how disgusting!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Sekhmnet posted:

Shredded wheat is great for the 10 seconds between adding the milk and it becoming wallpaper paste
This is a solved problem:

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
I'd eat bran chocolate. I love bran. Every now and then I eat a long expired single serving pack of all bran from the cupboard that my SIL brought from her time in quarantine, dry, with my fingers like a snack .

It's not often. But every now and then I just crave the branny goodness, like some kind of were-horse

It's like malty stuff but more...barnyard flavoured?
Bran choc would be like a chocolate digestive with more punch, and I'm making chocolate spiders with all bran this weekend

Yolo Swaggins Esq
Jan 29, 2015

oOoOoh 👀 a dapper little mouse🎩 🐀🕺🏻🕺🏻 a dAppER MoUSe🧐🐀 🚶🏿‍♂️🚶🏿‍♂️it’s a 🎩DAPPER mouse 👀✔️🐀🥾🏃🏽‍♂️🕺🏻🕺🏻🕺🏻🏃🏽‍♂️🐀💥
I just love food that make me poo poo big, bountiful loads tho

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

FFT posted:

I am, no poo poo, going to get a divided bowl just for cereal now. I don't know why it never occurred to me that cereal and milk is grains and sauce and I can dip the grains in the sauce

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

I'm kind of weird, I'll just drink a big cold glass of cereal sauce sometimes

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Brawnfire posted:

I am, no poo poo, going to get a divided bowl just for cereal now. I don't know why it never occurred to me that cereal and milk is grains and sauce and I can dip the grains in the sauce
I'm going to blow your mind:

two bowls

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Nah, that's ridiculous

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That bowl isn't even fully divided, wtf, do you really need gyroscopically controlled intermittent precision milk immersion devices to achieve satisfactory levels of enjoyment in your cereal consumption?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

steinrokkan posted:

That bowl isn't even fully divided, wtf, do you really need gyroscopically controlled intermittent precision milk immersion devices to achieve satisfactory levels of enjoyment in your cereal consumption?

I mean, I do now

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Get a fully divided one that can double for hot pot.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Why dirty a dish when you can just stuff a handful of cereal in your mouth and pour a little out of the carton?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Today I learned that Haley Joel Osment was hazed with cereal torture

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hey who's ready for something good

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Captain Hygiene posted:

Hey who's ready for something good

One of my relatives used to make this regularly, it's actually not that bad. But like 1 in 8 she'd substitute witlof (Belgian endive?) for the banana and that was always a bitterly unpleasant surprise.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehkk9bxGRzo

I remember this getting posted a bunch of thread iterations ago, but it does seem to imply that it's not a terrible recipe at least.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Yeah, I can definitely see what they're going for in the sweet/salty/creamy combo. Not that any of those are something I'll particularly seek out on my own.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea it looks bad and dumb but if you offered me a ham with a creamy banana sauce I'd probably say 'yea what the hell'

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ehkk9bxGRzo

I remember this getting posted a bunch of thread iterations ago, but it does seem to imply that it's not a terrible recipe at least.

Regardless of what anyone says I will never believe this dish tastes good. It’s all a trick to get suckers to try it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

sexpig by night posted:

yea it looks bad and dumb but if you offered me a ham with a creamy banana sauce I'd probably say 'yea what the hell'

I'm pretty sure that would be much less vile

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

lovely boiled ham and cheese sauce will make anything bad. But prosciutto and melon are one of the best combinations ever. Banana with some nice prosciutto or jamon would probably be great!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

FFT posted:

it's got like a cereal glory hole on the right side...why?

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Eat our cereal or your children will loving die.

An alarming(read: non-zero) number of 20s ads emphasize that they're a safe meal and I have to wonder what the gently caress was going on then.

As for actual AFP content, I don't buy dumping a bunch of shredded cheese on bananas, even if it is a high-powered food.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Towle's LOG CABIN Bomb Defusal Syrup

Best results guaranteedTM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Cheese is a high-powered food~