Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Also the Godskin armour loving rocks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

keep pumping other weapons to try them but i always come back to the golden halberd...

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

American McGay posted:

I gave them the armor because I feel compelled to do every quest thing but now I'm regretting it cause it hasn't gone anywhere and I was using the bracers because they were sick looking.

Same. I thought it would change things but oh well

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i think second run is gonna be int/str because i found so many badass int weapons but first run is str and a little bit of fth

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004
Im power stancing 2 katanas while making the 2nd one poison and having a blast. I'm glad you get alot of the respec items, allowing you to change things up whenever you feel like it.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Late game Int seems a little bit too broken in terms of a 1 button win tbh.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

can you get the windmill lady dance as a gesture?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I definitely want to do a bleed build next time. I've found so many cool weapons for it that I can't use for now.

Everyone in my roundtable is dead or gone who knows where. Underground I found D's brother but he was all muttering and crazy because I accidentally killed D whoops

Yeah the only ones left in my roundtable are Gideon, Roderika and Hewg. And I guess the dung eater

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

I gave them the armor because I feel compelled to do every quest thing but now I'm regretting it cause it hasn't gone anywhere and I was using the bracers because they were sick looking.

You can get it back later.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

You can get it back later.
:worship:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I’ve been putting all my points into strength and occasionally vigor and pounding everyone flat with first the grafted greatsword and then the Berserk Guts greatsword once I was able to upgrade past it, but I just decided to put a couple of points in dexterity to use the bloodhound fang and I’m liking it a lot. I miss the sheer impact of the other greatswords but the higher speed makes faster enemies easier to deal with and the bleed does great against bosses when it procs. Might play around with the Ashes of War some, I haven’t really messed with it before and I like the skill it comes with a lot but it seems like it would be worth it to change the scaling to be based more heavily on my 45-ish strength instead of my 17 dex.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I’ve been putting all my points into strength and occasionally vigor and pounding everyone flat with first the grafted greatsword and then the Berserk Guts greatsword once I was able to upgrade past it, but I just decided to put a couple of points in dexterity to use the bloodhound fang and I’m liking it a lot. I miss the sheer impact of the other greatswords but the higher speed makes faster enemies easier to deal with and the bleed does great against bosses when it procs. Might play around with the Ashes of War some, I haven’t really messed with it before and I like the skill it comes with a lot but it seems like it would be worth it to change the scaling to be based more heavily on my 45-ish strength instead of my 17 dex.

I regret to inform you that you can't use ashes of war on the Bloodhound's Fang since it's a unique weapon

There are other curved greatswords with the same basic moveset but different skills that you can use ashes on (and some that naturally scale more with Str), but Bloodhound's Fang is the only one with that weapon art

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Harrow posted:

I regret to inform you that you can't use ashes of war on the Bloodhound's Fang since it's a unique weapon

Ah hell, I didn’t realize that was a restriction lol. Relying purely on bravery and jumping attacks has gotten me through the game so far so I never really engaged with that side of things, thanks for the heads-up

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

i'm having a nice time with the bloodhound sword. exploring is so much fun, i keep looking for ways around the gated progress and there's always some kind of 'cowards path' i hope i'm not ruining any sidequests trying to see as much of this game as i can before having to do more dungeons.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
It's so weird that I can get a unique weapon to +9 but my regular weapon can really only go to +16 right now, and I'm barely in the capital

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

i'm having a nice time with the bloodhound sword. exploring is so much fun, i keep looking for ways around the gated progress and there's always some kind of 'cowards path' i hope i'm not ruining any sidequests trying to see as much of this game as i can before having to do more dungeons.

i did every dungeon and boss as soon as i could because i love dungeons and now im at the last boss and all my sidequests are ruined and ive barely explored any of the open world

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I went all in on strength and faith this game and used the golden halberd more or less the entire time. Definitely gonna be a dexterity and intelligence samurai next time

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Oh yeah, dex/int or dex/arc samurai next playthrough for sure. No shields, dual katanas all the way. Gonna take a bit of time to let myself forget stuff and try to enjoy it all semi fresh again

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the wakizashi dagger powerstances with katanas if you want to do a miyamoto musashi build. it looks very cool

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Gotta be honest, reaaally been phoning it in for work today lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Do you keep your inventory in ng+? Wondering if a lot of these weapons you only get one of you can dual wield the second time around.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

scary ghost dog posted:

the wakizashi dagger powerstances with katanas if you want to do a miyamoto musashi build. it looks very cool

that’s sick lol gonna try this out tonight :D

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Lmfao

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Oh yeah, dex/int or dex/arc samurai next playthrough for sure. No shields, dual katanas all the way. Gonna take a bit of time to let myself forget stuff and try to enjoy it all semi fresh again

I'm dual wielding Moonveil and a cold-infused Uchigatana with Hoarfrost Stomp on it and I am very powerful

Mostly I shred things with the dual wield L1 attacks, but tougher enemies get the Moonveil weapon art, and for big groups I switch to two-handing the Uchi and ice stomp them

Feels like cheating and yet there are still late-game bosses and even regular enemies who can just tank through all that bullshit anyway.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Plebian Parasite posted:

Do you keep your inventory in ng+? Wondering if a lot of these weapons you only get one of you can dual wield the second time around.

yeah you do. but the hold vendor resets and you lose your keys, just like ds3.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm dual wielding moonveil and a +25 bleed wakizashi for the best of both worlds lol.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Frost is so good

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

late game spoilers tragic lol aggroing the enemy in the middle of lake of rot thinking it'll be some mid tier elite and finding out its dragonkin round three

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
ive been going for str + int so its good to know i'll be very buff and powerful by end game

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I love that there are actually some pretty great Str+Int weapons in Elden Ring, too

The forgotten stat combo finally gets some cool weapons.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

picturing this guy playin super mario bros. ugh, this game expects you to go right but never ONCE conveys those expectations. i finally go right (my own choice) and then get killed by a brown mushroom. other mushrooms heal you, how should i be expected to know that you have to avoid these? and the lack of tutorial about the jump button, ffs. it's 2022 and we can't do this anymore.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Harrow posted:

I love that there are actually some pretty great Str+Int weapons in Elden Ring, too

The forgotten stat combo finally gets some cool weapons.

academy is epic as gently caress and i want to cast spells now.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I've been putting my points into Int because I like flinging glinstones at giants. also dex because I assume some weapons scale with it but I don't really know what I'm doing lol

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I definitely want to do a bleed build next time. I've found so many cool weapons for it that I can't use for now.

Everyone in my roundtable is dead or gone who knows where. Underground I found D's brother but he was all muttering and crazy because I accidentally killed D whoops

Cross posting this OP stuff im currently using for a bleed build.

quote:

For a fun arcane build that completely explodes just about everything I have thrown at it, dual wielding these two rapiers is a lot of fun:

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Antspur+Rapier

&

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Frozen+Needle

They can both be acquired on a fresh character without having to fight any major bosses at all. There are two required fights, the blood knight guy at Fort Haight to get the dectus medallion half and the first rapier is dropped by a not too hard too beat NPC if ya got some patience.

You can infuse the Antspur Rapier with a blood move of your choice (it should be blood slash tho) and blood infusion and it will still keep it's Rot build up. I got enough str/Dex just to wield them and got arcane to 40. Now you can mash L1 on bosses and watch their lifebars loving explode between bleed going off multiple times, frost going off, and rot finishing the job if they are somehow not dead. I was able to kill Radahn with this before he even had a chance to enter his second phase. Even with enemies that don't bleed they are likely still effected by Frost (Seems like most everything is) and Rot.

The heavy investment into Arcane also means you're discovery rate is gonna be pretty high and I've been gettings tons of weapons/armor drops from enemies that it looks like you can only get from farming them. This will make those drops a whole lot more frequent. There are some talismans you can get to make this really goofy but most of them are deep into late game areas so if you're starting out with this, something like Marikas Scarseal, or even just the dex talisman to add some damage on there will work in the meantime

What’s hosed up is since using these weapons I’ve found like 20 other weapons I wanna try similar things with lol. I think weapons that have bleed/rot/frost effects that can also be infused have the potential to be pretty hosed up.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I know a couple of people who've written articles for those horrible SEO content farms and they get about £5 per article so I feel too bad to make fun of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Ghosthotel posted:

Cross posting this OP stuff im currently using for a bleed build.

What’s hosed up is since using these weapons I’ve found like 20 other weapons I wanna try similar things with lol. I think weapons that have bleed/rot/frost effects that can also be infused have the potential to be pretty hosed up.

Yes! Thank you! Kudos for the motherfucking GUIDE bro. None of the people in the imp zone are helpful. it's like going into the game and seeing all those SUPER HILARIOUS finger but hole messages. Um, hello? I'm asking for ways to beat the game as quickly as possible so I can go back to Yu-Gi-Oh! Master Duel but these assholes just keep making fun of me and calling me a wiki god.

This build will definitely be helpful. I'm so sick of Elden Ring tbqh and I'm ready to get it over with. The NPC voices and music grated on me so I have been playing this muted whilst watching my favorite cozy vtuber VODS.

+Yeah brother. :yeah: