Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Well, relinquished isnt, idk enough about vamps to say. Relinquished has a boss monster that can lock down your opponent and they may not know how to get around it, also i think the steal effect it uses gets around protection? I dont remember offhand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

General Morden posted:

Is there a YGO deck that is similar to Secrets Mage from HS?
Dryt- *is shot repeatedly*

Psy-Frames are an archetype focusing on 'hand traps' that let you negate things and summon monsters when your opponent does certain common things. I don't know how good they are as their own deck any more, but they get splashed in other stuff a lot. Alternatively, Counter Fairies is a deck that focuses mostly on powerful, hard-to-answer trap cards, and fairy monsters who reward you for using them and let you recycle them easily. They're a little infamous right now, because combining them with another archetype, Drytons, makes the most unfun to play against meta deck in the format.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 5, 2022

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

girl dick energy posted:

Dryt- *is shot repeatedly*

*several dragonmaids immediately clean up the crimescene*

:v:

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

General Morden posted:

I'm slightly interested in trying out YGO, having come from a Hearthstone/MTG background.

Is there a YGO deck that is similar to Secrets Mage from HS? I also like Priest taking control of opponent monsters and using parts of their opponent's deck against them.

For MTG, is there a deck similar in function to Yuriko ninjas?

I think the closest comparison to a HS Secrets deck would be something heavy on Trap cards, something like Eldlich or Altergeist (are Altergeist still any good?).

For the Priest thing, look up Greydles, they're an archetype of monsters that, when destroyed, equip themselves to the opponent's monsters and take control of them. Not 'meta' like the other two, but still potentially fun.

For the MtG side... Nothing really comes to mind, unfortunately. I guess Watts could satisfy the 'attacking directly' part? But Watts are baaaaaaaad.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

mandatory lesbian posted:

Well, relinquished isnt, idk enough about vamps to say. Relinquished has a boss monster that can lock down your opponent and they may not know how to get around it, also i think the steal effect it uses gets around protection? I dont remember offhand

Vampires aren't great right now. There's a support wave for them in Battle of Chaos that makes them much better, so they'll be decent once Master Duel's card pool updates.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

There are a handful of fusion archetypes that can use your opponent's monster as fuel to make your own big monsters, if that fits the bill.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

girl dick energy posted:

There are a handful of fusion archetypes that can use your opponent's monster as fuel to make your own big monsters, if that fits the bill.

And one of those fusion archetypes, Cyber Dragons, has a boss monster that absorbs opponent's monsters as "ammo" for a negate effect.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I think the loaner solo decks have the problem of being a showcase deck without ever really being a good or impressive deck. You go through the Megalith gate, you see how you play Megaliths on a mechanical level, but you don't really see why you'd play Megaliths.

Them all being mirror matches as far as I've seen kinda contributes, too. Very few decks get to flex in a mirror match.
Megalith seemed really cool, being able to endlessly loop through stuff on your opponent's turn with Phul + the reanimation trap was funny. You could probably run it as a Drytron deck.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

serefin99 posted:

I think the closest comparison to a HS Secrets deck would be something heavy on Trap cards, something like Eldlich or Altergeist (are Altergeist still any good?).

For the Priest thing, look up Greydles, they're an archetype of monsters that, when destroyed, equip themselves to the opponent's monsters and take control of them. Not 'meta' like the other two, but still potentially fun.

For the MtG side... Nothing really comes to mind, unfortunately. I guess Watts could satisfy the 'attacking directly' part? But Watts are baaaaaaaad.

Well Yuriko ninjas relies on having a lot of elusive, often untargetable units so there's also that. They also tend to cycle back and forth between your hand and the battle field, through the ninjutsu mechanic.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You might like Dragonmaids or U.A.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

General Morden posted:

Well Yuriko ninjas relies on having a lot of elusive, often untargetable units so there's also that. They also tend to cycle back and forth between your hand and the battle field, through the ninjutsu mechanic.

Self-bounce? Check out Starry Night Dragon. Or was it Starry Knight Dragon…?

edit: Starry Night, Starry Dragon. Supported by the Starry Knight cards.

AweStriker fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Mar 5, 2022

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
Having asked around at the LGS, they said I should get an Eldlich deck instead, because it's extremely strong and incorporates some elements of the mechanics I talked about.

But it seems a little pricey...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

General Morden posted:

Having asked around at the LGS, they said I should get an Eldlich deck instead, because it's extremely strong and incorporates some elements of the mechanics I talked about.

But it seems a little pricey...

Try out Master Duel, it's the new hotness free-to-play, and they're pushing hard trying to get people to play Eldlich (and "buy" the "packs"), so it's a great way to give the deck a spin before you commit.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Has anyone else been having way more connection problems on Master Duel lately? I picked it up on Switch so it definitely isn't as good as it could be, but it was fine on release up until now, when I can barely do one game without getting kicked out and penalized for it.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Secrets are basically lovely trap cards so it makes sense to play one of the trap decks. Eldlich, Altergeist and Traptrix are all reasonable options (Eldlich being the strongest).

I do think it's hard to directly map deck types across from the Magic-likes onto YGO though, the game lacks the main resource mechanic that defines deck classification there.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

What's a good synchro deck that's not too hard to get into in master duel? I figure I should start planning ahead in case they do run that synchro event.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Dabir posted:

What's a good synchro deck that's not too hard to get into in master duel? I figure I should start planning ahead in case they do run that synchro event.

I'm thinking Miyakashi Bone Mill, but that's mostly because it keeps showing up in my youtube reccomends.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dabir posted:

Blackwings are a consistent rogue strat but I dunno what they're like, rarity-wise. And Infernity is Infernity.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Dabir posted:

Trick question, all high ceiling, competent synchro decks are hard as balls to pilot. Uh, maybe try karakuri or deskbots?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Deskbots are relatively simple.

Speedroids are pretty simple once you learn like.. the combo it's just a lot of making GBS threads everything out on the board.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Rokket linkchro is pretty good if you want to play synchro dragons with some links as well. Dark dragons so they can make all the red dragon archfiends pretty well with some resonator as well. Or just play dragon link with some synchros thrown in like chaos and RDA abyss.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Is wind witch still a thing? I loved that little engine back a few years

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

mandatory lesbian posted:

Is wind witch still a thing? I loved that little engine back a few years

Yup. Theyre subsumed into the general WIND Synchro pile, which annoyingly is missing some more recent support that helps its shine.
(mostly Baronne)

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

Dabir posted:

Can I interest you in some Virtual World? Hell, for the inevitable Synchro Festival it might even be a halfway fair deck without the obvious option of running True King Of All Calamities.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah VW is interesting. Not sure how much missing the XYZs would cause you to brick.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I forgot about Karakuri. I thought I was getting the hang of them in the solo gate, so I might give them a try for real.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Wish that Duel Master would let me save more than 10 matches, I kinda wish I could keep a record of this match against Danger! where I bet that Droll & Lock Bird wasn't the bottom card in my deck and won.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Record it with OBS or Nvidia's built in thing.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Dabir posted:

In addition to the previously listed decks, there's Plant/Rose Dragon and Junk Speeder/Yusei.dek as good options.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I don't know if I'd call them good, but adjacent to plants (especially with the recent Rose support), Aromages are fun. Though not having Aromaseraphy Jasmine hurts.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

girl dick energy posted:

I don't know if I'd call them good, but adjacent to plants (especially with the recent Rose support), Aromages are fun. Though not having Aromaseraphy Jasmine hurts.

Yeah. Jasmine is a crazy card in Rose Dragon too, since that deck asks for a substantial plant engine.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Witchcrafters are some fuckin bullshit

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Dabir posted:

Witchcrafters are some fuckin bullshit
I shouldn't be surprised WCs are doing better in best-of-one, they disintegrate to a sideboarded Macro Cosmos or Dimensional Fissure.

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
I took the Kragen Control deck I ran in the XYZ-event and turned it into 60 card Grass Looks Greener Paleo Frog control. It's my fourth control deck, and this one probably feels the closest to playing M:tG control.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I feel like I should cut this down a bit, and I'm really struggling to, like, mentally articulate what my combos are. Any thoughts?

Amano-Iwato is there to turn Shinobaroness into a kind-of Magician of Black Chaos MAX replacement, since we don't have that three year old card in Master Duel for some reason.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Nice pull on the Royal Finish Zeus. :doom:

Can’t really help you with a mechanic that I actively avoid due to their hand bricking potential, except Drytron.

You do have a lot of Earth ritual.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I always 3-of Maxx C. Always.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

So I got through the first four matches of the new Master Duel gate without understanding the complaints about balance, and I have now reached the Black Magician vs Toons match where the Magicians only have two outs for Bookmark that don't involve getting a level 8+ fusion monster on the board. Needing three cards in hand to deal with a one card combo is not a fair fight Konami.

On the subject of Megaliths, this showed up in my recomends.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LST3DNGb9k

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

How did you make it through Duelist Kingdom Red-Eyes vs Barrel Dragon without any fuss, that loaner deck is terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

ChaosArgate posted:

How did you make it through Duelist Kingdom Red-Eyes vs Barrel Dragon without any fuss, that loaner deck is terrible.

My starting hand was the materials for Red-Eyes Slash Dragon and Trap Hole of Spikes.