Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Blackholing out? Is it time to go for that? I've only accomplished MAD with 16 out of 25 races needed for Mass Extinction.

Your first blackhole is just exiting the tutorial and with some 3* runs you'll be in the ~30% mastery range in no time which will make a 0-3* BH easy enough with the unlocks you already have.

There's no reason to stay in Normal with how mastery and achievements work.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Mar 7, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Blackholing out? Is it time to go for that? I've only accomplished MAD with 16 out of 25 races needed for Mass Extinction.

It probably isn't the most efficient way to do it, but I'm pretty sure I only had about ten races in MAD and a couple genesis ships before I did black hole.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.

Rynoto posted:

Your first blackhole is just exiting the tutorial and with some 3* runs you'll be in the ~30% mastery range in no time which will make a 0-3* BH easy enough with the unlocks you already have.

There's no reason to stay in Normal with how mastery and achievements work.

What's the best universe to BH into once I hit 30%? Evil, Antimatter, Heavy, or Magic? I *could* do Micro but that's not going to really get me significant progress.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
I went heavy first and it felt like a good idea. The extra prestige rewards for the later prestiges is really handy for bootstrapping that up a bit faster.

If the very first thing you're going to do is knock out a whole bunch of MAD runs then there's a good argument for Evil.

Antimatter should be saved for later, and Magic is kinda fiddly so I wouldn't do that one first.

Banemaster
Mar 31, 2010
Increlution got more content around week back.

It keeps on being what it was before but there has also been expansion on decisions player can make. Runs now have more possible goals, which makes playing strategically more interesting. The fact that getting more than 30 minutes of idle progress is difficult makes it very specific type of idle / incremental game.

Neat little game that is well polished and worth the 2.39€ it costs.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

What's the best universe to BH into once I hit 30%? Evil, Antimatter, Heavy, or Magic? I *could* do Micro but that's not going to really get me significant progress.

So there's two good 'paths' here and depends on your own patience. Going antimatter first is 'optimal' as its 4* challenge is 'reduced mastery' which doesn't affect you very much with low mastery while the currency you get - Anti-plasmids - is unique to the universe and isn't affected by the 4* challenge (no starting plasmids) of other universes. Farming ~3k anti-plasmids here will give you a ~30% production and ~25% storage boost for the rest of the game which is very powerful early and a big help starting 4* in Heavy after. It's what I did and I don't regret it, you'll also leave with a nice boost of mastery from all the 4*s and universe specific stuff. The only thing you should buy with anti-plasmids is Bleeding Effect which lets your normal plasmids give a boost. The first run in AP is very slow because of this.

If you don't go AM then Heavy is by far the next best choice to spend the majority of your time in as it gives a large boost to prestige currencies at Bioseed+. Magic is a good late-game universe while exiting it again early is a pain, and Evil is really only useful for a few species specific and universe specific masteries for a while. Micro just do at some point later when mastery farming slows down for its specific ones - the universe masteries are the only ones that provide a permanent boost.

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 11:02 on Mar 8, 2022

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Banemaster posted:

It keeps on being what it was before but there has also been expansion on decisions player can make. Runs now have more possible goals, which makes playing strategically more interesting. The fact that getting more than 30 minutes of idle progress is difficult makes it very specific type of idle / incremental game.

I really don't get the second island. If you aren't someone who spent the time before the content drop grinding Dragon's Equals to completion, how are you ever meant to deal with Island 2's insane combat requirements? I guess just grind them out, but the game has never felt THIS mean before. Does doing the Bull encounter with Hunt bypass the Lion fight after?

edit: literally didn't read, yeah you gotta hunt it instead, lol

edit2: although the game doesn't indicate if the food you get for doing it is pre-cooked, or if it opens a cook action during the Lion fight. Gotta' say, not a fan of Island 2, Island 1 feels way better designed by comparison.

KazigluBey fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 8, 2022

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

KazigluBey posted:

how are you ever meant to deal with Island 2's insane combat requirements? I guess just grind them out, but the game has never felt THIS mean before. Does doing the Bull encounter with Hunt bypass the Lion fight after?
You could try starting back with Island 1 for a while and see whether you can do any hourglass stuff or whether chaining Island 1 into Island 2 gets you any worthwhile gains.

At least, I guess. I tried it once. I think I'm at the same part as you. There's options available, but it's hard to know what options are actually good.

Mostly I'm annoyed by all the sequences that are just clicking one action, waiting 20 seconds, clicking another action, waiting 20 seconds etc. Then looking forward to doing that 9 more times before automation is unlocked.

inspire
Nov 24, 2004
Eyyy!

CannonFodder posted:

NGU questions:
I'm nearing the end of Evil difficulty. I can idle easy Exile and I got the special armor currently building in my Daycare, and I've passed most of the challenges. I still have 2 more 24 hour challenges to beat and I'm pretty sure I can do those, it would just take time. I know I still have to go through the Rad Lands, but at what point should I go to Sadistic? Should I clean up most of the Perks and Quest buffs? Do I get a majority of the Wishes? I just want to know how much to crank out before I even think about going to Sadistic.
From the discord: "Complete all challenges that have rewards, kill boss 300 in evil, kill Exile v4 and get 1 of each Exile v4 drop. You don't need to be able to snipe the first sad zone for gold."

I did two drops of each piece from v4. One set to wear, one set to daycare.

Save 500K PP and 40K QP before you go.

Do 2 troll challenges and all the basics straight away. Sad troll challenge 2 is arguably the best challenge reward in the game.

Thirst Mutilator
Dec 13, 2008

inspire posted:

Do 2 troll challenges and all the basics straight away. Sad troll challenge 2 is arguably the best challenge reward in the game.

It is the best, but also completely loving necessary - you will not progress with any speed without it, so definitely do it.

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Sivart13 posted:

You could try starting back with Island 1 for a while and see whether you can do any hourglass stuff or whether chaining Island 1 into Island 2 gets you any worthwhile gains.

At least, I guess. I tried it once. I think I'm at the same part as you. There's options available, but it's hard to know what options are actually good.

Mostly I'm annoyed by all the sequences that are just clicking one action, waiting 20 seconds, clicking another action, waiting 20 seconds etc. Then looking forward to doing that 9 more times before automation is unlocked.

I'm doing 2 and I always do 1 first. You have to get the hourglass every time to get it's 20% food cooldown reduction. When you hunt the bull you immediately get the option to cook it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Is there a way to see how many times you've used move 69 in NGU?

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Kin posted:

Is there a way to see how many times you've used move 69 in NGU?

It says in the log when you use it how many times you've done it. At least until you've done it enough times, but I'm not sure what changes because I keep forgetting to do it.

I'm on like eighteen and yes, I am a little bitter about it.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Banemaster posted:

It's kind of neat how the islands work. I actually do the second island before the first one now.
I'm trying to figure out if it might make more sense to change my plan for Chapter 3 and do the river instead of the mineshaft to get an extra cart.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Something that can help with the walls in the new increlution content is to save your raw food ingredients for later in the run. You can do this by turning off autocooking for that item right as you're about to lose access to it and waiting until the wall you're trying to push through to turn it back on. Doing this with the food from the first island can substantially boost your recovery during the fights on the second island.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

susan b buffering posted:

Something that can help with the walls in the new increlution content is to save your raw food ingredients for later in the run. You can do this by turning off autocooking for that item right as you're about to lose access to it and waiting until the wall you're trying to push through to turn it back on.
I only just learned this today from the Steam discussion forums after wailing on 'Hunt Bull' for tens of runs

oh well, now I know! Take that, bull!

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.
Just a heads up, the new major content patch for Legends of Idleon comes out tomorrow, so I have started being active again (for now)

If you want an invite to the guild, it's 'pizza is free', we have a dozen or so slots free

Should be fun????

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
I'm in on Idleon. This seems pretty dang well made for an idler.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Not sure if this had made the rounds yet, but it's a fun little Synergism / Distance Incremental-esque entry into the genre.

https://mrredshark77.github.io/incremental-mass-rewritten/

Nothing groundbreaking but I've been enjoying going through it. There are at least 5 or 6 prestige layers.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Not sure if this had made the rounds yet, but it's a fun little Synergism / Distance Incremental-esque entry into the genre.

Nothing groundbreaking but I've been enjoying going through it. There are at least 5 or 6 prestige layers.

I always found it kinda funny that he made a Distance clone and then turned it into a Synergism clone. Was different enough to be interesting but IIRC I quit it because I dislike the Synergism challenge system where you have to do each one like 20 times on every reset

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

New Yorp New Yorp posted:

Getting this running to auto took a bit, also I'm not sure how long the upgrades tab for the red lightning bolt prestige was there, I'd taken a few very early resets (at 2 and 10) to see how it was working with the exposed tickspeed upgrade. For reference the first 2 upgrades are 1 and 2 and pretty sure it's doubling each time but I'm slamming max. First reset you probably want 3.

Anyway once you can get auto buy, auto rank and auto tier it is much more idle and they are pretty dang early. Very easy to ladder up and get 10million red bolts on your 4th or 5th reset.

Haven't hit anything that looks like synergism outside that upgrade tab, very strong synergism vibes. This is at least an interesting combination of features so far. (I feel like I haven't scratched the surface but for all I know I'm about to get a thanks for playing wait for more updates screen)

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

pixaal posted:

Haven't hit anything that looks like synergism outside that upgrade tab, very strong synergism vibes.

Wait until you hit challenges.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
For the challenges you do eventually get an upgrade that autocompletes them based on your highest achieved which helps with automation. Not much to do once you hit Neutron Stars and Supernovae though.

The numbers start getting very silly

Rynoto fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 15, 2022

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Rynoto posted:

For the challenges you do eventually get an upgrade that autocompletes them based on your highest achieved which helps with automation. Not much to do once you hit Neutron Stars and Supernovae though.

I was enjoying this game until I managed to turn off the notification popup for the resets and while trying to fix it managed to lose the save. No more new games at the end of the night for me.

If I can figure out how to get the notification box to show up again I was enjoying it until I screwed things up on the 3rd reset type.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Jhet posted:

If I can figure out how to get the notification box to show up again I was enjoying it until I screwed things up on the 3rd reset type.

It's just under options and you toggle these

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Rynoto posted:

It's just under options and you toggle these

Yeah, it's not those unfortunately. It's the one that shows up in firefox in the popup window that stopped working. So I was trying to reset to tier 3 and it wouldn't allow me to do so to gain the new currency. I cleared all the cookies and settings for the site and I'm seeing if I can get them to show back up and work right.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

3 lines in the top right under the close (X) > settings type pop in search block pop-up windows should be checked, click exceptions. Does adding the game to that fix it? If not can you import your game into chrome and take a screenshot of what the window you want looks like in chrome? Might be easier to track down if it is a browser over a game setting. If it's still missing in Chrome it's obviously a game setting.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

pixaal posted:

3 lines in the top right under the close (X) > settings type pop in search block pop-up windows should be checked, click exceptions. Does adding the game to that fix it? If not can you import your game into chrome and take a screenshot of what the window you want looks like in chrome? Might be easier to track down if it is a browser over a game setting. If it's still missing in Chrome it's obviously a game setting.

Nope, it worked in Chrome. I know what stupid I did, but by the time I could test things out I'd already managed to screw up the save and couldn't test it again. I'll figure it out today, but resetting the site to defaults should have fixed it.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Rynoto posted:

Since you are a bit ahead of me, am I missing something when it comes to getting over the 1e30-33 Atom Wall? It seems I just need to do a poo poo ton of quick resets to build up Quarks, but I'm not sure if I'm just brute forcing something that is handled more elegantly by some feature I'm missing.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Jhet posted:

Nope, it worked in Chrome. I know what stupid I did, but by the time I could test things out I'd already managed to screw up the save and couldn't test it again. I'll figure it out today, but resetting the site to defaults should have fixed it.

Screenshot the window in chrome and post it here so we know what you are looking for. There's some browser setting in Firefox if your save is working with the popup correctly in another browser.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

Klungar posted:

Since you are a bit ahead of me, am I missing something when it comes to getting over the 1e30-33 Atom Wall? It seems I just need to do a poo poo ton of quick resets to build up Quarks, but I'm not sure if I'm just brute forcing something that is handled more elegantly by some feature I'm missing.

Unfortunately the save is months old and from many updates ago that just picked up again after seeing that post so can't really remember how I got past it all. From looking through upgrade lists and unlocks bruteforcing is probably the way, though, yeah.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

pixaal posted:

Screenshot the window in chrome and post it here so we know what you are looking for. There's some browser setting in Firefox if your save is working with the popup correctly in another browser.

Thankfully clearing all the cookies for the site fixed the issue. Considering I'd already done a good job of deleting the save, all I lost was some time. It was just the popup window asking if you want to reset, and only an hour lost.

That'll teach me to click on links in this thread before bed though.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Is there a hard cap on Magic and Energy Power in NGU? My last purchases of each haven't changed anything- my NGU's and Blood Magic didn't get any faster from either.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Pope Guilty posted:

Is there a hard cap on Magic and Energy Power in NGU? My last purchases of each haven't changed anything- my NGU's and Blood Magic didn't get any faster from either.

Yeah the hardcap is 1,100,000,000,000,000,000, you can only make it go higher with potions past that point

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

DariusLikewise posted:

Yeah the hardcap is 1,100,000,000,000,000,000, you can only make it go higher with potions past that point

Aw, bummer, I have about twice that. Ah, well!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

The cap is the hardcap for the variable I believe, so I don't think so. NGU left no room to expand even if 4G wanted to. The perfect idle game.

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Just sent a request to join the idleon guild

LordAdakos
Sep 1, 2009
How can I join the idleon guild? I created my own but it's just me and my partner and we aren't GP powerhouses.

Edit: sent request to join pizza is free. I think I did this correctly -- no clue if I actually did.

LordAdakos fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Mar 16, 2022

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

pixaal posted:

The cap is the hardcap for the variable I believe, so I don't think so. NGU left no room to expand even if 4G wanted to. The perfect idle game.

Step 1 of an idle game, create a class that uses a megabit of memory to store the value of your base currency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Devor posted:

Step 1 of an idle game, create a class that uses a megabit of memory to store the value of your base currency.

I've never worked on an MMO that didn't hit whatever cap they used for currency/experience.

Any time I do a home project I always make sure it's encapsulated in a class completely so the underlining datatype can be swapped out whenever. And when I was working on an idler, I started with a BigNumber package just to avoid that.