Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
So the erdtrees are young archtrees right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

is tehre a downside to killing every nomad merchant i come across to shove their bearing into the husks?

Orv
May 4, 2011

queeb posted:

is tehre a downside to killing every nomad merchant i come across to shove their bearing into the husks?

Doesn’t seem to be.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

queeb posted:

The downside is having to live with being a bad person

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

queeb posted:

Oh but I'm the monster for killing Patches -- IN SELF DEFENSE, mind you

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Huh, I thought you had to get past Margit, or at least sneak around the castle, to get to Round Table Hold, but I got the cutscene and was taken there when I rested at the Beast Church. I killed the boat boss and then talked to D, and he marked the teleporter to get there on my map. Took me right to the entrance, and when I rested at the grace inside, Milena appeared and took me to the Hold (before I even had a chance to talk to Gurranq, had to teleport back).

I guess it just does it at the first place you rest outside of Limgrave?

loopsheloop
Oct 22, 2010
Can anybody carry me through Magma Wurm, trying to get my second playthrough started right

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

They definitely are cribbed imagery, but since the erdtrees appear to be some sort of intergalactic being breeder program and possible launch mechanism, I don't think they have the same function

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Begemot posted:

Huh, I thought you had to get past Margit, or at least sneak around the castle, to get to Round Table Hold, but I got the cutscene and was taken there when I rested at the Beast Church. I killed the boat boss and then talked to D, and he marked the teleporter to get there on my map. Took me right to the entrance, and when I rested at the grace inside, Milena appeared and took me to the Hold (before I even had a chance to talk to Gurranq, had to teleport back).

I guess it just does it at the first place you rest outside of Limgrave?

What? You just have to rest at like five grace points

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Wow fire giant. I'm getting really tired of these VERY LARGE BOSSES that weight 500 billion pounds and are as agile as a loving circus monkey. STOP ROLLING AROUND

Orv
May 4, 2011
no

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Gamerofthegame posted:

What? You just have to rest at like five grace points

No, I have way more than that just from running around Limgrave. It was only after going outside that I got the cutscene.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Holy poo poo is this true

Bloodflame Blade: Sets the Hand and Giant Hand enemies on fire rendering them incapacitated and deals tons of damage to them.

Are the weapon buffs specific weakness to certain enemies? I've been playing around and they don't really have too much of an effect. It seems like the best benefit is being able to stack bleed.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Macaluso posted:

Wow fire giant. I'm getting really tired of these VERY LARGE BOSSES that weight 500 billion pounds and are as agile as a loving circus monkey. STOP ROLLING AROUND

You stop rolling around first!

96 spacejam
Dec 4, 2009

Sab669 posted:

I've given the Twin Maiden Husks so many ball bearings, but if I go to "Bell Bearing Shop 2", the only option I have is "Patches Bell Bearing". Do I need to buy out that whole inventory before I get access to the half dozen other BBs I've given them?

Where tf are these? I've found all of 1 to give to them.

Anyone do Seluvi's Potion quest? I'm on step two and do I give it to Gideon (library roundtable dude) or Neph

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
So, final boss Radagon was a fun fight, punishing but doable with some practice. Elden beast though - cool visually, pain in the rear end to chase after and a few moves you’ll definitely die to if you don’t expect them. But then I think I broke it - spamming jumping r2’s with my best buddy seemed to stun lock it for 90% of its life. Felt a bit cheap, but I didn’t feel like another 10 minute attempt so eternal life with snow witch wife it is. Sorry space Nessie!.

DarthRoblox fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Mar 8, 2022

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

drat, I just opened the blacksmith's sell menu to check the price of my golden runes, walked away from the pc for a bit, then came back, forgot what I had been doing, and said "wow this npc sells starlight shards!"

:rip: my shards

you can close out really quick and undo that if you sell something accidentally, I sold some armor I'd spent a while farming once and closed the game before I closed the menus and it was still there when I came back, everything back to where it was before shopping.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 8, 2022

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

took an hour or two of attempts but i managed to parry only kill margit

his first phase is ultra hilarious because he'll only do a dagger attack like, 1/10 times, so 90% of the time you can stunlock him into doing the same few staff swipes until half HP or more before he phase transitions

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Oh yeah, seluvis. He was talking mad poo poo to my face while asking me to presumably give someone a magical roofie so i tried to punch him, and he was all "nyehh don't come around here again" and disappeared. Can i run into him later and teach him a lesson in manners or is he gone gone

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 8, 2022

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Made it through Haligtree and didn't find Miquela, but I did fight Loretta again in the flesh I guess. Is Miquaela actually in the tree, or is she in Elphael, Brace of Haligtree: Annor Londo 3.0?

And when I got to her boss arena I said oh man, please don't let this be the boss fight, even though the football size stadium clearly was a boss arena. Then I remembered I can summon my t1000 and there's nothing that she can't do. We both have plus 21 heavy great star maces and it seems like every 10th hit we're causing massive bleed.

lite_sleepr fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 8, 2022

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

96 spacejam posted:

Where tf are these? I've found all of 1 to give to them.

Anyone do Seluvi's Potion quest? I'm on step two and do I give it to Gideon (library roundtable dude) or Neph

Giving it to Neph turns her into wizard guy's slave. He'll then sell you stuff. Giving it to Gideon lets you just lie to the wizard about giving it to Neph and then he sells you stuff.

Apparently you're supposed to be able to give it to Dung Eater too but I didn't seem to have that option.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

drat, I just opened the blacksmith's sell menu to check the price of my golden runes, walked away from the pc for a bit, then came back, forgot what I had been doing, and said "wow this npc sells starlight shards!"

:rip: my shards

that reminds me of when i accidentally bought like 16 somber stones instead of regular ones and only noticed when I went to upgrade the weapon. I was trying to build up a strike weapon to deal with Crystalians. condolences

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
beat radahn. thoughts:

it was pretty rich to hear alexander lamenting his cowardice when my strategy consisted of dragging in every summon, tagging radahn with rotted dragon breath, and then running away like the devil was at my heels. i couldn't have been within shouting distance of him for more than thirty seconds the entire fight. patches showed more bravery than i did

very cool concept for a boss, but it doesn't really work out because making him strong enough to necessitate so many summons means you'll get squashed flat if you try to engage him in anything like a fair fight. torrent also seems like sort of a trap at any distance except long, long range, because radahn's attack tracking/radius is just too much for the poor horse to outmaneuver

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I finally ran into another invader using the aerial rotten breath.

It's definitely an improvement in that you can't just whack them out of it lol. Would've won but the host hadn't seen it before and died

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Game looks good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Are glass shards fully useless or is there a crow to trade with in this one?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
who the gently caress made this extreme platforming challenge hole beneath mogh

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
don't know if everyone knows about this, but some weapons' mounted heavy attacks work differently while charging:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XehjoSXQLCQ

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Cleared Rodman first go this time. Just went in there at 56 with nothing to lose and knowing if you have any range he ignores you. Spent more of the fight resummoning than shooting rocks at him.

Now it's time to play "Who's Sidequests Have Advanced?" and run around doing that poo poo for an hour.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

supposedly you can buy glass shards from patches for 100 runes, and can sell them back for 100 runes. i don't know why but you could theoretically buy 69,990 worth of runes in glass shards and hold onto them for later. i'm sorry

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Hell yeah eat poo poo fire giant!!! I felt bad for all your dead friends on the way up here but now I'm glad of it!!!!

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

beat radahn. thoughts:

it was pretty rich to hear alexander lamenting his cowardice when my strategy consisted of dragging in every summon, tagging radahn with rotted dragon breath, and then running away like the devil was at my heels. i couldn't have been within shouting distance of him for more than thirty seconds the entire fight. patches showed more bravery than i did

very cool concept for a boss, but it doesn't really work out because making him strong enough to necessitate so many summons means you'll get squashed flat if you try to engage him in anything like a fair fight. torrent also seems like sort of a trap at any distance except long, long range, because radahn's attack tracking/radius is just too much for the poor horse to outmaneuver

I did the entire fight horse back. You just need to run directly away from him when he's focused on you, and spam spells when he's focused on your friends.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

Are glass shards fully useless or is there a crow to trade with in this one?

i assumed they showed up as unclaimed items for invaders when you use them, but since I never get invaded I haven't tested it :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gamerofthegame posted:

who the gently caress made this extreme platforming challenge hole beneath mogh

The person who wanted to hide the ending that locks you out of the others and requires a complex sidequest to undo.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

one hundred percent, yeah

among other things the phase 2 transition in the final boss fight shows dozens of other Erdtrees scattered among the stars, which follows pretty logically from the Erdtree's seed coming from outer space -- they're on dozens of worlds, the Dark Souls one probably just being another like the Lands Between, and there are several world bosses in the game that illustrate that the avatars of damaged, burnt, or rotten erdtrees start turning into dragons or dragon-like creatures which taken together with the first spoiler provides a pretty neat explanation for the Divine Dragon in Sekiro, namely that it's the avatar of an Archtree / Erdtree that landed on Earth and couldn't get enough magic soil nutrients to grow properly. it even drops a crystal tear as loot like they do!

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
the REAL million dollar question is "are Frampt and Kaathe a Two Fingers"

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
For all their creative talent, they really just kind of gave up and phoned in a lot of the mini dungeon bosses, didn't they? Just stick a couple (or more) of whatever in there, it's fine. I would have preferred less of the mini dungeons if it meant they were actually any better.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Another night of collect-a-then before the end, did Volcano Manor and all that entailed after finishing Ranni’s quest (which i started yesterday). Looks like I did a slight gently caress up in terms of missable stuff and now 2 weapons will have to wait until NG+ for me to collect and get that particular achievement. I have no idea how people are rocking into NG+ already there’s SO MUCH to buy and collect!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

PageMaster posted:

For all their creative talent, they really just kind of gave up and phoned in a lot of the mini dungeon bosses, didn't they? Just stick a couple (or more) of whatever in there, it's fine. I would have preferred less of the mini dungeons if it meant they were actually any better.

i'm more-or-less in the same boat, yeah

there's a couple of clever dungeons, but the enemy reuse is downright comical. a dungeon in altus plateau - a midgame area where the threats are supposed to be ramping up - should not have, as the final boss, one of those grey gravity guys that i fought on a beach literally 20 hours ago except with a 5x bigger healthbar