Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

queeb posted:

i feel like pure str gets punished real hard in the endgame, just no time to get anything in except jump attacks.

I’ve been hearing this around. Saving my nine larval tears for when my big hammer just isn’t cutting it anymore. Will be fun to experiment later with all the magic I’ve been collecting and ignoring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011

Vermain posted:

i'm more-or-less in the same boat, yeah

there's a couple of clever dungeons, but the enemy reuse is downright comical. a dungeon in altus plateau - a midgame area where the threats are supposed to be ramping up - should not have, as the final boss, one of those grey gravity guys that i fought on a beach literally 20 hours ago except with a 5x bigger healthbar

I get why this is disappointing but also look at other open world games where like, Assassin’s Creed has dude, ranged dude, big dude and the occasional mythological boss. Or Witcher 3 where the big monsters are neat but you fight them all like four times each with bigger HP bars. Even with the mob and asset reuse this game still has at least five times more unique content than basically any other open world game potentially ever? I think that’s probably accurate.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

one hundred percent, yeah

among other things the phase 2 transition in the final boss fight shows dozens of other Erdtrees scattered among the stars, which follows pretty logically from the Erdtree's seed coming from outer space -- they're on dozens of worlds, the Dark Souls one probably just being another like the Lands Between, and there are several world bosses in the game that illustrate that the avatars of damaged, burnt, or rotten erdtrees start turning into dragons or dragon-like creatures which taken together with the first spoiler provides a pretty neat explanation for the Divine Dragon in Sekiro, namely that it's the avatar of an Archtree / Erdtree that landed on Earth and couldn't get enough magic soil nutrients to grow properly. it even drops a crystal tear as loot like they do!

If you really think about it what is an erdtree but a space elevator and thus you are now welcome to my armored core is a dark souls

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Barudak posted:

If you really think about it what is an erdtree but a space elevator and thus you are now welcome to my armored core is a dark souls

It has patches, ergo

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

It has patches, ergo

It also has moonlight greatswords

Its all coming together, baybee.

Actually one odd thing in this game is the serpent imagery between the god skins, rykart, and then fuckin inexplicably godricks soldiers.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I gave D the knife from Fia. Both are gone now. Was something else supposed to happen?

e: Nevermind found it

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 8, 2022

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Okay game, this evergaol challenge way out in Ordina is straight horseshit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Whats beyond it is worse. This is the amuse bouche

Orv
May 4, 2011

Barudak posted:

Abuse much, maybe.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
How do I pause this game?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

withak posted:

How do I pause this game?

Rest at a site of grace

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I fought a NPC invader who was shooting nuclear arrows at me. I'm respeccing INT.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Dragonlord Placudisax is a cool endgame optional boss fight but it's less impressive when his AI breaks after a critical attack and he stands still for the last 40% of his health bar letting you kill him. Had the same sort of problem with the mutated erdtree avatars as well, bosses going into pacifist mode seems to be a running issue.

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Welp, I got this game and I 'm about a week behind most people. This is my first From game and my god is it epic. I somehow made it to Caelid through the underground, though I haven't been to Stormveil Castle yet. I'm pretty clearly underlevelled (low 30s) but I'm just wandering around seeing what I can see.

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...

Barudak posted:

The first time I got shoved off a ledge by an angry mushroom was just :discourse:. And then you realize that this is going to happen with almost every single corner you turn around, and woof. Settle in.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

RBA Starblade posted:

I gave D the knife from Fia. Both are gone now. Was something else supposed to happen?

There's a new room open behind the blacksmith, above the stairs

Related: I have no idea where the gently caress any of my quests stand

Ranni: gave her the blade, got her doll, p sure I'm good here
Nepheli: WHERE THE gently caress IS SHE. She showed up in the hold at one point, cool, talked to her, she's not there anymore. She's not in Stormveil, because I cleared Stormveil. She's not under the Aurelic village bridge (assuming I'm looking at the right spot) (I also cleared the village) She's not downstairs in the hold. I don't think I killed her at any point
Seluvis: See Nepheli above But also I cleared the inverted mage tower so he's dead now lol. Hopped into Caria Manor and I dunno maybe I killed whoever that NPC was at some point?
Dude at the start: Killed him out of the gate for calling me maidenless. gently caress around and find out.
Sellen: ?????? Not even sure how to start her poo poo
Blaidd: Never met him at the ruins, so I met him via Ranni. Cleared Radahn, cleared the underground, got him out of the gaol, talked to Iji about it. Everything I'm reading says he should be hostile outside Ranni's tower but... nope!
D/Fia: Knifed. Gave the twin armor to D's brother, which is uh... super weird that there's no like... prompt. Just "Here's some dude, give him your armor? Believe I'm good on this one until story progresses further

And I think that accounts for everyone

Sockser fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Mar 8, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
if i get tooted at by one more overgrown cotton ball with a bubble pipe i am going to snap

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You haven't done the second half of Ranni's quest, which is why Blaidd hasn't moved to his next step either

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is there a non spoiler way to answer what doing the underneath the Capital stuff does to the ending? I was avoiding it for now. For reference I just get sent to the final area after setting the tree on fire. I know you can go back and do things after the end of the game, is that Capital sewers stuff something that can be done when the game is over?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Oh I just had to complain a bit to manage to pass it.

My thoughts on entering the Haligtree (endgame area):

"Wow this is pretty.........

are those loving giant ants again godfucking damnit to poo poo"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Sockser posted:

Blaidd: Never met him at the ruins, so I met him via Ranni. Cleared Radahn, cleared the underground, got him out of the gaol, talked to Iji about it. Everything I'm reading says he should be hostile outside Ranni's tower but... nope!
did you do ranni's whole questline? 'cause you need to

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Is there a non spoiler way to answer what doing the underneath the Capital stuff does to the ending? I was avoiding it for now. For reference I just get sent to the final area after setting the tree on fire. I know you can go back and do things after the end of the game, is that Capital sewers stuff something that can be done when the game is over?

If you've already lit the tree on fire, the capital basement doesn't do anything anymore iirc. You've already locked yourself out of that ending

Orv
May 4, 2011

Macaluso posted:

It is the equivalent to the Age of Dark, is about as unspoilery as I can think to phrase it. The sewers are accessible post-game if you got the grace(s) before.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Ah okay

Orv
May 4, 2011

Barudak posted:

If you've already lit the tree on fire, the capital basement doesn't do anything anymore iirc. You've already locked yourself out of that ending

Actually I hosed up my ending by going down there between Mountaintops and finishing the game, since I didn’t know how to undo it at the time.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Barudak posted:

Technically, there's another ending in the basement but it's very similar to a few others.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Wow Giant's Catacomb is where my videogame patience goes to die

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
whats up with those semi-circle buildings? theres one in the capital, one in limgrave and one in Caelid with the big pot

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Rest at a site of grace

What if I have to take a dump right now?

Edit: there are no socks in the living room.

withak fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Mar 8, 2022

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

wow i don't usually summon help in these games but i might need a hand with caria manor

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

withak posted:

poo poo your pants

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

withak posted:

quitting out should preserve your current world state

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Feels to me that sometimes the horse is a trap option. Lots of huge overworld enemies that seem to invite you to strafe their ankles, but their moveset specifically punishes that approach and flattens your rear end. Then you hop off the horse and get under their bodies and drop them effortlessly as their moveset isn't really set up for countering that. For some reason I like that.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Oh I just had to complain a bit to manage to pass it.

My thoughts on entering the Haligtree (endgame area):

"Wow this is pretty.........

are those loving giant ants again godfucking damnit to poo poo"

"Oh it's fine I'll just go pursue that stuff past the bottom of the sewers in Leyndell that I've been hearing about. Don't wanna do the big plot thing but I'll explore. Oh hey it's some Deeproot area neat."

:catstare:

Why can't I escape the goddamn giant ants

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Orv posted:

Actually I hosed up my ending by going down there between Mountaintops and finishing the game, since I didn’t know how to undo it at the time.

You can unfuck it by doing millicent's quest to completion.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 8, 2022

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Found a catacombs area with TWO bosses. Walked into the second boss room through the mist, 2 seconds later I was dead, had no idea what hit me. Went back in and started swinging like a madman, 2 seconds later the boss was dead, had no idea how I hit him.

I feel like I missed something there. I'm pretty sure I never saw it.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

those assassins are too bullshit. I
wear heavy armor and have 2k health and their backstab does 40% of it.
They don't get to have a move that punishes me for "letting" them get behind me if they're invisible and can teleport several times per second!

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

AnEdgelord posted:

whats up with those semi-circle buildings? theres one in the capital, one in limgrave and one in Caelid with the big pot
nothing right now though they do have some furniture and such inside. they're speculated to be something that will get used for dlc later

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
drat, warning to everyone doing Volcano Manor: DO NOT KILL RYKARD UNTIL YOU DO EVERYTHING THERE. I apparently left half the dungeon unexplored because I didn't see where to go after killing magma wyrm. Figured I needed to do more manor quests to get access... but that just sends you to kill Rykard.

My gut was telling me don't kill it until I finish the little secrets there, so I went back and talked to everyone again for good measure and it seemed fine, rested and tried it again to be sure. Hoslow was gone but figured he's dead somewhere since he sucks. Snakegirl was a little shocked at the dark secret. Figured after Rykard maybe advance it but naw, there's an elevator leading to another half of the dungeon you can go to anytime and there's some item there for a quest.

I spoiled it for myself and I guess I'm just hosed and also she might tie into DLC or maybe that's baseless speculation idk. but if so, damnit.

The Moon Monster posted:

It also unlocks another skill at the dragon cathedral.

True but at 10 faith I consider those rewards to be nothing lol. Haven't gone back since discovering it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
If it makes you feel better, I literally did none of the quests in that area of the map and went there completely backwards in a different route. I also killed him lol