Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

BaronVonVaderham posted:

If I'm not buzzing in and taking a blind stab at a few clues I'm not taking enough risks.
One of the most important things I studied before going on, and that I think made one of the biggest differences in whether I won or lost--and that I see other contestants doing badly--is figuring out when to make the educated guess and when to just let it go. You have to take the risks, but you have to be smart about it, or you end up in the hole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Why does this current champ always dress like she's at a funeral?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

banned from Starbucks posted:

Why does this current champ always dress like she's at a funeral?

Because she is observing the death of jeopardy at the hands of Mayim’s terrible hosting abilities?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

I greatly enjoy Ken Jennings roasting the current champ and I hope he will continue to slam her or whoever replaces her

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
What's wrong with Ryan's head?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

Iron Crowned posted:

I sent this photo to my wife

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Iron Crowned posted:

Dude's got hair like Jean-Ralphio.

On the topic of that Wheel Of Fortune thing, I personally have only ever heard it as "cap", so when they kept getting it wrong I automatically assumed someone had already said that and began thinking of anything else. When they finally said "cap" I was flabbergasted and had to rewind to make sure I had misheard. It turns out I'm crazy, and maybe they were in the same mindset?

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
jimmy dore

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I think something's wrong with your tv cuz he looked nothing like that to us

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
He looked like those "artist draws what cartoon characters would look like in real life" images.

Respect that he went for it on that late daily double, though. It was the correct play and a lot of players have been too afraid to go for it when they're behind with very little money left in play and it's the only way to have a chance at winning. Sure, if he missed it he's out of contention, but if he only wagered a little bit and got it he wouldn't be much better off.

Groundskeeper Silly
Sep 1, 2005

My philosophy...
The first rule is:
You look good.
It sucks that a day after everyone is dunking on some lady for not hearing a particular expression people are making fun of this guy's appearance. It seems like he doesn't have great hair but was doing the best he could with it. I'm sure in person he looks normal.

He played pretty well and bet well, I think.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

He looks like an irl funhouse mirror reflection

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The Megamind head is actually an evolutionary advantage in jeopardy since it lets him know when to go all-in on the daily doubles, which most contestants struggle with. This is natural selection happening in real-time, my friends.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

I passed the second test and now I have a TV test next week? Let's GO

I ended up having to defer this due to a family emergency and I'm back in next week. Anything I should know going in? This is the "game-playing skills" audition so I assume I don't need to freak out and worry about any sort of weekend cram session.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

Rough chuckle at "recorded on January 11th."

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

Poque posted:

I ended up having to defer this due to a family emergency and I'm back in next week. Anything I should know going in? This is the "game-playing skills" audition so I assume I don't need to freak out and worry about any sort of weekend cram session.

Mash the buzzer when you do buzz (or the pen or whatever you’re using—they’ll likely tell you this, but don’t just ring in once if you’re trying to get in. And be loud. Don’t worry about getting points or being right the most or timing the buzzer just show them that they can put you on stage and you won’t freeze up

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Poque posted:

No, you’ll have to play another 50 question test to basically make sure you didn’t cheat (at least you did when these were in-person). Honestly the most important thing is to try and have a personality that stands out in a good way from the thousands of other boring nerds who audition.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RoastBeef posted:

Rough chuckle at "recorded on January 11th."

Freebie for the home audience!

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Cognac McCarthy posted:

Looks like a Mike Judge character

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Although yeah I dont think he ever looked like that on my tv.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

I took the photo at an angle, you guys

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Cognac McCarthy posted:

I took the photo at an angle, you guys

Lies!

mearn
Aug 2, 2011

Kevin Harvick's #1 Fan!

I watch my TV at an angle and I don't remember him looking like that.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

HookShot posted:

No, you’ll have to play another 50 question test to basically make sure you didn’t cheat (at least you did when these were in-person). Honestly the most important thing is to try and have a personality that stands out in a good way from the thousands of other boring nerds who audition.

Huh, interesting. The last round of testing was on camera so I figured that would be it.

Thanks for the tips, both of you!

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

mearn posted:

I watch my TV at an angle and I don't remember him looking like that.

I watch Jeopardy with my TV off and he looked exactly like that

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

I watch Jeopardy! in a racecar. Do you?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The Mighty Moltres posted:

I watch Jeopardy! in a racecar. Do you?

I watch Jeopardy! In a big bed with my wife

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Poque posted:

Huh, interesting. The last round of testing was on camera so I figured that would be it.

Oh then yeah if you’ve done one on tape that’ll probably be it. My interview was pre-covid so I don’t know how they organize it these days. This is deffo a personality test.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Poque posted:

Btw, I don't know if it's bad luck to say certain things, so I'll just say, if this is the personality test, break a leg!

mlnhd
Jun 4, 2002

March 7: Why did she do that?? just blew it after ken spent 2 days building her up

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames
that game was terrible good lord

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
First game in a while where I was rooting for a 3-way tie of $0 so we'd just get 3 fresh contestants.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Also the clue writers misgendered Sam Smith on the Friday episode. They don’t use he/him pronouns and haven’t for years.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

moonmazed posted:

that game was terrible good lord

WYOMING?! Of all the…Wyoming?!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
I definitely thought of Ike’s Yikes instead of Dwight’s Frights

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

thrawn527 posted:

My Dad, who claims to have barely graduated high school and was playing on his phone at the time, stopped to stare at the screen incredulously.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

thrawn527 posted:

I'm from Wyoming and even I was like wtf

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

thrawn527 posted:

Shaking w/anger at this rn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!
it’s not AS BAD as turning a lock game into a loss but whew is it close