Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Cameo posted:

Where you get to find out your neighbors are frothing fascists the moment they see a homeless person or anyone darker-skinned than a lily

yea ok posted:

'neighborhood' app where you connect with your neighbors "Next Door" but instead it's just old people letting everyone know about urban youths in the area

Oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
From what I recall, Garrett isn't a co-founder technically speaking in the "one of the people who put the company together" (though he's identified himself as such a couple of times), but he was an employee at launch (in "Neighborhood Operations").

So like... he isn't the Tony Khan/Cody Rhodes/Nick Jackson/etc. of Nextdoor, but he is the Bryce Remsberg/Chuck Taylor/Chris Harrington of Nextdoor?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3960602

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Jerusalem posted:

What is nextdoor? Beyond the obvious "it's a social media company!" because I don't think I've ever heard of it?

Imagine if all the psychopaths and deranged WASPS as Facebook lived in your neighborhood, that's what NextDoor is.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Nextdoor had a fairly interesting idea to grow their network in that you can basically send post cards out to your neighborhood to let them know about it but, well, ask yourself who pays attention to their mail these days.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

From what I recall, Garrett isn't a co-founder technically speaking in the "one of the people who put the company together" (though he's identified himself as such a couple of times), but he was an employee at launch (in "Neighborhood Operations").

So like... he isn't the Tony Khan/Cody Rhodes/Nick Jackson/etc. of Nextdoor, but he is the Bryce Remsberg/Chuck Taylor/Chris Harrington of Nextdoor?
chris harrington was the first aew hire and outranks the evps

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

STONE COLD 64 posted:

chris harrington was the first aew hire and outranks the evps
Okay so not Mookie, the Rick Knox of Nextdoor?

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Jerusalem posted:

What is nextdoor? Beyond the obvious "it's a social media company!" because I don't think I've ever heard of it?

@bestofnextdoor is a pretty good Twitter follow

https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1498119763125358593?s=20&t=IdHoAiqs1Cg7P_j7DU2VcA
https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1496219554619576320?s=20&t=IdHoAiqs1Cg7P_j7DU2VcA
https://twitter.com/bestofnextdoor/status/1482490645902086147?s=20&t=IdHoAiqs1Cg7P_j7DU2VcA

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
"Sting is a bat."

Legendary Alvarez metaphor on this show.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

"Alright Dave run me through this undercard"

" Ok so more of the Ring Of Honor stuff"

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

RBX posted:

❤️

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

RBX posted:

dave finishes and then bryan, audibly dying, asks again to be taken through the undercard

"alright first we should probably talk about the vince mcmahon and austin theory thing"

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"
Also funny was Dave audibly fantasising about Danielson, Mox and Caludio in the G1

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Someone in my in-laws neighborhood posted a picture of my father in law changing his oil at 4 pm on a Saturday and said he was stealing catalytic converters.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

sportsgenius86 posted:

Someone in my in-laws neighborhood posted a picture of my father in law changing his oil at 4 pm on a Saturday and said he was stealing catalytic converters.

Hell yeah

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

my neighborhood is convinced that thieves are using keyfob spoofers to steal change from their actually unlocked and sometimes already remote started cars, it rules.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

NextDoor is where old boomers post even more outright racist stuff than Facebook and/or complain about anything and everything.

The only good use for NextDoor is finding/returning lost pets.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

dave finishes and then bryan, audibly dying, asks again to be taken through the undercard

"alright first we should probably talk about the vince mcmahon and austin theory thing"
howling at this. purestrain dave

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....
Best moment of the week on b&v was the actually really wholesome comment (not the exact quote but close enough) :

(about CM Punk being duped by MJF)
Bryan: sometimes it's hard to not have the babyface come across like a bit of a geek, but that's just how trusting people goes
Vinny: CM Punk is a good person, and sometimes being a good person means being a little vulnerable

:unsmith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

that was good but Bryan being amped as hell for Mox/Dragon across two shows is still my favourite. He was so excited!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

jesus WEP posted:

that was good but Bryan being amped as hell for Mox/Dragon across two shows is still my favourite. He was so excited!

He maintained that hype on F4D too. Although Tom said he thought Ishii/Takagi was better, which Bryan couldn't believe.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Bryan did say on WOL that if any match was going to be better than Danielson/Moxley it would be Ishii/Shingo.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

lance is out to lunch. can't listen to his show anymore.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What did he say?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Is it another galaxy brain take on Punk/MJF

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1501341037209407491

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
dave doing references that some people might not understand is gatekeeping please keep up with Fandom Culture

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

dave doing references that some people might not understand is gatekeeping please keep up with Fandom Culture

it’s problematic af but y’all ain’t ready for that conversation 💅

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Here's Why Making References Is An Accessibility Issue

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/jack_farmhouse/status/1501303677000294406

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Dave knowing an AFI theme song is the most up to date on pop culture he has ever been and im proud of the senile steamroller.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

At minimum, even if you didn't know the ROH theme and you missed Excalibur's explanation, it was still an atmospheric, somewhat ominous piece of music that was honestly probably more befitting of the occasion and signalled how serious Punk was about the match

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Alvarez said today that the theory of relativity means time goes in both directions I need sempervive or someone on this show to break up the senseless metaphors.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Lid posted:

Dave knowing an AFI theme song is the most up to date on pop culture he has ever been and im proud of the senile steamroller.

Dave is fairly up to date on popular culture, especially for a 60 year old man. From time to time he won't know a decades old TV reference but he always made fun of wrestling announcers for making those.

Bryan on the other hand was in a complete bubble, but now he at least knows the Disney princesses.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I didnt get the significance of the song right away but they made it super obvious it was a special moment as you were watching it so I just enjoyed it and waited for the context later provided by people that know more than me about wrestling history like excalibur and the posters here

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Orange Carlisle posted:

I didnt get the significance of the song right away but they made it super obvious it was a special moment as you were watching it so I just enjoyed it and waited for the context later provided by people that know more than me about wrestling history like excalibur and the posters here

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
What’s been cracking me up about it too is that none of the people complaining seem to know that cult of personality was one of punks ROH theme songs too and WWE was the one to bring that one back.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’ve only seen the AFI entrance once or twice but if I went into it cold, it was still a dope entrance. There’s just something wonderful about a middle aged dude hollering ITS CLOBBERING TIME while equally vintaged pop punk shrieks him to the ring.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

There’s a thing I remember seeing a while back that if people don’t get a reference, they’ll look it up if they care. People can look this poo poo up, even if commentary isn’t explicitly spelling it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

njsykora posted:

There’s a thing I remember seeing a while back that if people don’t get a reference, they’ll look it up if they care. People can look this poo poo up, even if commentary isn’t explicitly spelling it out.

Trust me, all the casuals who spent $50 to order Revolution instantly turned the show off when Punk came out to a different song.