Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Play posted:

In college I dated an awesome girl for several years who came from Coeur d'Alene. Her father was a bit of a nutcase who brought his pistol with him to the country club restaurant. rear end in a top hat did have a nice house on the lake though, and close enough to a ski resort.

North Idaho is quite beautiful, and also filled with the literal scum of the earth.
There's so many places where it's beautiful scenery but shame about the people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

CannonFodder posted:

There's so many places where it's beautiful scenery but shame about the people.

if you think about it, this might actually be all places

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I have a cold and my nose is all stuff and I wanna die make it stop

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Intruder posted:

Maybe it won't hold up but by god they're trying it and not just with trans stuff

https://twitter.com/byKateSmith/status/1501301836661370886

There's no way a state can jail people for traveling outside of its borders, but then again a law is as real as the will to enforce that law, so I guess if they really want to follow through on it then they will. Not great!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

God it’s funny how my perception of going into the office has changed. I have to go in three times this week and it sucks. Two years ago I went to the office every day. My normal week is more like 2 times a week in the office and I’d like to keep it that way.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bird in a Blender posted:

God it’s funny how my perception of going into the office has changed. I have to go in three times this week and it sucks. Two years ago I went to the office every day. My normal week is more like 2 times a week in the office and I’d like to keep it that way.

I haven't physically been in the office in nearly two years

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Leadership scheduled a Teams meeting on Thursday to the effect of “Update on return to the office” and we’re all pissed because gently caress just send it in the team chat or email us what the update is don’t sweat us and make us wait for two days

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
On the other end of the spectrum, we had a work party at the studio today where some folks willingly came in to mingle & catch up with each other in person. Helps that we're all technically all independent contractors so it's not like we're being forced to come in.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

T-Square posted:

Leadership scheduled a Teams meeting on Thursday to the effect of “Update on return to the office” and we’re all pissed because gently caress just send it in the team chat or email us what the update is don’t sweat us and make us wait for two days

They went to explain in their own bullshit words how you'll be more efficient and be able to network better by being in the office.

At least that's what my company did. A good 75% of the employee base told them to gently caress off via survey that will totally be ignored.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Im starting to realise I'm not enjoying my new job. I'm quite sad and it's my birthday today

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Season three of succession certainly has an ending doesn’t it

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

I like going into the office to talk to adults who are not my wife, she did not want to discuss Russell Wilson getting traded at all. I can go in or stay home whenever I want, though there are many things I can only do in the office and it is kind of my routine to drop the kids off at school and then go to work. Also when I work from home it feels like I work less efficiently but for 14 hours, while going into the office gives greater delineation between working and not working.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Mar 9, 2022

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
My office started hybrid on Monday and it was wild how happy people were. I have been here for a year and just a completely different feeling than being pure remote.

^^ same boat as you sans kids especially on separating home and work life. I was measurably happier yesterday.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

BlindSite posted:

Im starting to realise I'm not enjoying my new job. I'm quite sad and it's my birthday today

Happy Birthday!

Sorry about the job though. Maybe it will get better in a couple more weeks?

Is it “not enjoying working again” or “not enjoying this particular job, even relative to other jobs”?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
So I was feeding letters into the letter sorter at the post office tonight (Tuesday), and a good chunk of the letters were reminders to renew your Seahawks season tickets, featuring a giant photo of Russel Wilson right before he's going to throw a pass. This was just an initial sort, so Season ticket holders will probably get those on Thursday. (To be clear these were just glossy single sheets, I didn't open any letters).

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Happy Birthday!

Sorry about the job though. Maybe it will get better in a couple more weeks?

Is it “not enjoying working again” or “not enjoying this particular job, even relative to other jobs”?

Cheers mate.

Yeah I dunno might be a bit of both. Might just need to give it a few more weeks and find my feet. Just a bad day to have a bad day.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Pain of Mind posted:

I like going into the office to talk to adults who are not my wife, she did not want to discuss Russell Wilson getting traded at all. I can go in or stay home whenever I want, though there are many things I can only do in the office and it is kind of my routine to drop the kids off at school and then go to work. Also when I work from home it feels like I work less efficiently but for 14 hours, while going into the office gives greater delineation between working and not working.

I’m definitely more productive in the office, which I hate to admit. I don’t really chat up my coworkers though, so if I just see people a couple times a week, I’m good. Honestly, I wouldn’t mind it so much if work was just like 10 minutes away instead of 30-60 depending on traffic.

I do have time to work out when I’m just at home though. I have no time to do that when I go to the office.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Happy birthday :toot: and hopefully it gets better. It's a bit of a rough start for ya between the flooding pushing things back and just general 'getting used to a new place' I'd imagine.

had to go in to the office for half a day today, but there are very few people going in right now and it was a good day, so I can't complain too much. got a very good annual review and a raise, and I'm a couple days away from going on paternity leave, so life is good.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Check your privelege, WFHers. My company doesn't have it so I've been in the office the entire time.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
I've worked remotely like three days in the past year and a half because I do a lot of hands-on stuff :(

Our offices are basically empty, so at least I can still get stuff done without too much distraction.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I’ve seen the argument that we need to be in the office more to support shops and restaurants around workplaces, but I eat out and shop less when I’m at work full time compared to hybrid or at home, because I’d rather just go home after being at work since 7am.

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Happy Birthday Blind! I hate hearing the new job isn't great so far, I know that can be stressful so make sure you find something that you enjoy to relax with. I hope it gets better!

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I currently only have enough stuff to do during the work day that I have like three hours to kill, so when we’re in the office it sucks because my boss’s desk is behind me. I have a privacy screen on one of my monitors at work but it’s still probably pretty obvious I’m not actually doing anything lol

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

T-Square posted:

I currently only have enough stuff to do during the work day that I have like three hours to kill, so when we’re in the office it sucks because my boss’s desk is behind me. I have a privacy screen on one of my monitors at work but it’s still probably pretty obvious I’m not actually doing anything lol

Depends on the boss, but if you get all your poo poo done and you do it well, but a good one probably won't care too much if you dick around so long as you pretend to be semi-discrete about it.

But way easier to do said dicking around at home, heh.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

T-Square posted:

This is my problem too. I probably have 2 hours to kill every day I'm in the office. At home I can fill that with actual useful things like working out or doing laundry.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I’ve mentioned a few times that I didn’t like working from home with my old job, but it was in large part due to having no viable workspace in my apartment. I spent 11 months sitting on the end of my couch in my living room, using a lap desk with a physical desk phone on the end table next to me, and had to run the Ethernet cable from the router in my bedroom. That poo poo, plus family being around constantly and everything else 2020 (In part due to COVID, we had someone couch surfing with us the entire time, so they’d literally be sleeping or watching TV or whatever 6 feet away while I was working), made it miserable and I was getting stress migraines constantly.

My current job, where I’ve been for a year as of yesterday, is in a small office and it’s better for me. Being able to just stand up or walk a few feet to ask questions is a lot nicer than teams or the other bullshit IM stuff that’s used now (RIP MSN Messenger). I’m someone who already has trouble getting my mind into work mode, or getting out of it when I’m at home, so not having any real boundaries between the two was absolutely bad for me.

If I somehow had the space, or ideally an entirely separate room, to make into a home office, yeah, I’d probably be able to make it work better, but that wasn’t possible then and likely won’t be anytime soon for me. Besides, my current job is literally a five minute drive away, so I can’t complain about the commute.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

bobjr posted:

I’ve seen the argument that we need to be in the office more to support shops and restaurants around workplaces, but I eat out and shop less when I’m at work full time compared to hybrid or at home, because I’d rather just go home after being at work since 7am.

I have saved so much money with full/pt wfh, I hate packing a lunch and wanted an excuse to go for a walk and leave the building so I was eating out every day for lunch. At home it's effort to drive somewhere so I make a sandwich or have leftovers or something.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

fartknocker posted:

If I somehow had the space, or ideally an entirely separate room, to make into a home office, yeah, I’d probably be able to make it work better, but that wasn’t possible then and likely won’t be anytime soon for me. Besides, my current job is literally a five minute drive away, so I can’t complain about the commute.

I’m also irritated because I’ve been dealing with some bullshit closing issues that aren’t my fault on the house I was supposed to buy over a year and a half ago, and since I don’t yet own it, couldn’t permanently turn one of the spare rooms into a home office.

Yesterday I was notified that there’s been movement and I may be potentially be able to close at the end of the month right as they’re likely about to send us back to the office full time :suicide:

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Qwijib0 posted:

I have saved so much money with full/pt wfh, I hate packing a lunch and wanted an excuse to go for a walk and leave the building so I was eating out every day for lunch. At home it's effort to drive somewhere so I make a sandwich or have leftovers or something.

Same here. When I go to the office, I eat out almost every time, but I eat at home most of the time when I'm there. Part of it is that days I go to the office are also days I end up on jobsites, so I just stop by some place on my way back, or I just hate being in the office all day, so going out to eat is a break from my desk.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thought: haven't heard much about crypto / nft's lately

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kalli posted:

Matt Damon told me fortune favors the bold and I lost all my loving money.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

Wasn’t there that awful video with the Broadway people singing We’re Not Gonna Take It about some crypto stupidity and only from like a week ago? Also a bunch of terrible Super Bowl ads from not that long ago.

Granted, following a shooting war and sports stuff might have my sense of time all messed up.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Qwijib0 posted:

This but weight gain. Going 15 months at home eating what was available, then suddenly 100% in office (add in some being depressed about our animals), I went hog wild on fast food and poo poo at the cafeteria on-site.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

BlindSite posted:

I’m sorry to hear dude. Think it will change in time?

Yesterday was also my birthday! Solid day to have been born.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

I've been in the office the whole time and really have no desire for my house to be my workplace

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kalli posted:

The price of Bitcoin has been somewhat stable lately, in comparison to how it normally is, not compared to real currency. For the last month it’s down like 5%, but it’s been hovering in the $40k-$42k range for a while. Thing is that no one is making crazy money right now, so there’s nothing to brag about.

I’m a little surprised that Russia’s sanction aren’t taking a bigger hit to Bitcoin. I figured there was lots of mining happening there and that stuff won’t be online much longer.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

This but weight gain. Going 15 months at home eating what was available, then suddenly 100% in office (add in some being depressed about our animals), I went hog wild on fast food and poo poo at the cafeteria on-site.

This is the opposite for me, I find it worlds easier to be disciplined away from home. If I’m tempted in public, I just don’t buy it, versus at home where all the treats are just a short stroll to the fridge away.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Kalli posted:

https://twitter.com/melissamcewen/status/1501283776701288456

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kalli posted:

Funny you should mention that today

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...digital-assets/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

Explains why Elon tweeted about it this morning to boost the Bitcoin Tesla owns