Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
The liurnia tower top has something really cool on it

What's this about a tree spirit on godricks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

RBA Starblade posted:

Lifesteal fist was very exciting to find and very disappointing to use lmao

right? The first time I got it off on someone I thought it would be a cool way to win the fight but it was basically a loving ear nibble.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Vintersorg posted:

Wow!!

The HP return from the Blasphemous Blade is awesome!! Worth it if you can swing it!

E: Plus it has little hands like the bosses model…

This thing is carrying me through endgame. 10/10 weapon, especially for faith/fire users.

FishMcCool
Apr 9, 2021

lolcats are still funny
Fallen Rib
Rune Arcs are basically Humanity/Ember, just this time you have a choice of Great Rune bonuses instead of just +HP. It's not greatly communicated though, and unlike DS3, you don't get runed/embered automatically after killing a boss.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

lmao I got by the edgelord when I went back to the roundtable and I got his sick armor set. Is that a different dude than the one you challenge by jumping down from the balcony in there?

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Video Nasty posted:

lmao I got by the edgelord when I went back to the roundtable and I got his sick armor set. Is that a different dude than the one you challenge by jumping down from the balcony in there?

Yeah

parara
Apr 9, 2010
Endgame stuff:

Maliketh is the coolest thing, but I shouldn't be surprised because Beasts With Huge Swords is my niche apparently since I love Ludwig. What an awesome boss.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Oops, lost 180,000 souls because i was on the way back to my body and took a wrong turn and yeeted off a cliff

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

How many dungeons with chariots are there?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Just got to the Academy. What's the best way to deal with the Burger King Wizards? They're pummeling me with spells as I try to close the gap.

I haven't died yet, but between them and the marionettes I'm going through flasks way too quickly.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
The attack Malenia can do where she does 3 rounds of sword slashies can eat my entire rear end in a top hat

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Canuckistan posted:

I'm about a lvl 35 Samurai and I guess Godrick?? is the next boss I need to kill. Still haven't found him. Anyways, I'm still rocking the starting armor and sword. I've gotten a good amount of weapons and armor, but nothing that really seems to outshine what I already have. Am I missing something? Spoilers welcome!

Also, for spirit ashes I've been sticking with the 3 doggos, but I found Lhutel the Headless which costs about 40 more FP than I have. Is it worth investing levels into FP for higher tier summons or would that gimp me later on?

Many of the basic weapons like the longsword are highly rated till the end if you upgrade them consistently. Otherwise you've got a billion more bosses to chew through that drop all sorts of weapons and armor. You're at the first of many right now.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Devorum posted:

Just got to the Academy. What's the best way to deal with the Burger King Wizards? They're pummeling me with spells as I try to close the gap.

I haven't died yet, but between them and the marionettes I'm going through flasks way too quickly.

be aggressive, run up and kill one and then turn to dodge the other one's spells

or just sit at range with a bow and use LoS so that you only have to take on one at a time

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Macaluso posted:

The attack Malenia can do where she does 3 rounds of sword slashies can eat my entire rear end in a top hat

If you pick her sword after killing her (and you should because the incantation blows) then you can unleash it on your foes :getin:

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Macaluso posted:

You can do it too if you get her sword after beating her.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I know it's crazy for balance purposes especially in PvP but the fact that boss weapons often have weapon arts that let you do the attacks the bosses have used on you really kicks rear end.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

The Slack Lagoon posted:

Oops, lost 180,000 souls because i was on the way back to my body and took a wrong turn and yeeted off a cliff

"Ah I died. Whatever I'll just run back and grab my souls real qu-- Oh. I've been killed by a dog. Oh look, there's two more biting at my corpse.

gently caress dogs."

IShallRiseAgain posted:

How many dungeons with chariots are there?

If it says '____ Hero's Tomb' there's a 95% chance it's infested with chariots.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Devorum posted:

I think you get a shield in the academy that has high magic defense, it will take out a lot of the sting from the magic spam from those guys, the magic fortification incantation also helps, but really you can just run past them in most places, especially when there's more than one in the room.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Vermain posted:

be aggressive, run up and kill one and then turn to dodge the other one's spells

or just sit at range with a bow and use LoS so that you only have to take on one at a time

That's what I've been doing. I guess I need to spend less time screaming "IT'S HAMMER TIME" as I try to crush them with the battle hammer and more time making sure my attack isn't going to bounce off a pillar and leave me open to repeated stabbings.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

I just finished, and man what a weird game. The first 10-15 hours were 8-8.5/10 for me, middle 20-30 were 7-8, and the last few areas were a gif of a wet farting noise or something, I dunno. I'm probably being saltier than the last bit merits, but it's impressive how much it just evaporated my good will boss by boss.

The boss designs were probably my biggest letdown- I know they couldn't go too crazy with the expanded scope, but it felt like every single guy was just a different variation on nameless king. Like, I didn't struggle that much, the only ones that took a bunch of tries were Margott, Godskin Duo, Maliketh and Elden Beast, but I genuinely couldn't name 90% of the guys I fought off the top of my head.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

The Slack Lagoon posted:

If you use the sacrifical twig talisman it will prevent runes on the ground from being lost as well as those on your inventory, so it's pretty useful in those kind of situations (not that I ever remember using it)

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I know they're called travelling merchants but I didn't expect one to actually leave its spot!

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!

Kaldaris posted:

"Ah I died. Whatever I'll just run back and grab my souls real qu-- Oh. I've been killed by a dog. Oh look, there's two more biting at my corpse.

gently caress dogs."

If it says '____ Hero's Tomb' there's a 95% chance it's infested with chariots.

I died to a dog the other day in six frames. Its entire model hitbox turned into damage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

emanresu tnuocca posted:

If you use the sacrifical twig talisman it will prevent runes on the ground from being lost as well as those on your inventory, so it's pretty useful in those kind of situations (not that I ever remember using it)
There's a sacrificial twig physic too, it's amazing. Had no idea twig prevented the ground runes from disappearing though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No Wave posted:

There's a sacrificial twig physic too, it's amazing. Had no idea twig prevented the ground runes from disappearing though.

Since you’re not dropping runes it doesn’t overwrite.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Malenia is the worst thing I have ever experienced in a video game.

Fun fact - did you know that her lifesteal trigger based on her *ideal* damage? It doesn’t matter if you block it, or shield it! She heals fully regardless.

I guess I just need to “get good” or whatever but this poo poo is hosed.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah, as someone rocking a greatshield, that fight was a “lol ok we’re not doing that” moment for me. It’s a REALLY good fight once you come to terms with what you can and can’t do. Also someone posted a video a day or two ago showing how to dodge her slash attack but basically just keep an eye on the windup and loving RUN.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I don't think you need to get good so much as get cheap, though I think it becomes halfway reasonable if you learn how to dodge "the attack". But overall the game's not really playing fair on that one, no reason you should

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Man. In universe I really can't think of any reason at all to ever free Dung Eater. He literally introduces himself going "I wIlL gently caress yOur LoVeD oNeS tO DeAtH anD cRAm the PLAGUEE up thEIR SHItholes". Letting him out is the most video-gamey 'well there's probably a decent reward at the end of this questline' thing in the game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Flytrap posted:

Man. In universe I really can't think of any reason at all to ever free Dung Eater. He literally introduces himself going "I wIlL gently caress yOur LoVeD oNeS tO DeAtH anD cRAm the PLAGUEE up thEIR SHItholes". Letting him out is the most video-gamey 'well there's probably a decent reward at the end of this questline' thing in the game.

You could also see it as an opportunity to roleplay your character as the Most hosed-Up Tarnished. Or one of a couple opportunities to do that, at least.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Flytrap posted:

I hear where you're coming from, but also praise Nurgle

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

Judge Tesla posted:

You can do it too if you get her sword after beating her.

Except you don't get the hyperarmor for a free setup. And the setup is just as long as hers.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Flytrap posted:

you get really good poo poo for just killing him there. All you get from freeing him and helping him is a dead NPC and a crappy ending.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

so do the giant walking tower creatures do anything except make noise? i tried attacking one of their legs at some point but it did nothing.

i know at least one attacks you with magic up near ordina

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

MechaX posted:

The balancing being all over the place is one thing but, I’m sorry, Fire giant is loving lame as hell

did you find his weak spot? I didn't have too much trouble after that.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

No Wave posted:

you get really good poo poo for just killing him there. All you get from freeing him and helping him is a dead NPC and a crappy ending.

You can also turn him into a puppet.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

roomtone posted:

so do the giant walking tower creatures do anything except make noise? i tried attacking one of their legs at some point but it did nothing.

i know at least one attacks you with magic up near ordina

If you break enough white gunk on their legs something happens. It's not completely un-telegraphed, one of the merchants sells a note telling you to try it

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

DourCricket posted:

did you find his weak spot? I didn't have too much trouble after that.

To be honest, he spent a good portion of the fight just carpet rolling from place to place; barely had enough time to fully process if there was a better way to fight it outside of “I’m going to slice up your ankles”

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler

No Mods No Masters posted:

If you break enough white gunk on their legs something happens. It's not completely un-telegraphed, one of the merchants sells a note telling you to try it

That note is bullshit though. It says clean up around their feet not clean their feet so I spent a good amount of time removing every enemy, creature, flora and skull to no avail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Devorum posted:

i used stealth and a bow to headshot all the burger kings and it wasent too bad maybe try that.