Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escape From Noise

Dr. Honked posted:

too many bottles is probably better than not enough, i guess :cheersbird:

Depends. More bottles means less kegs. That said, it's not the end of the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Escape From Noise posted:

Depends. More bottles means less kegs. That said, it's not the end of the world.

too many bottles!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D6KBqgNGDw

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Farecoal

There he go
Can't post details without getting more E/N and less BYOB but suffice it to say I had a very horrible day

Escape From Noise

Farecoal posted:

Can't post details without getting more E/N and less BYOB but suffice it to say I had a very horrible day

If you need to vent a bit, I don't mind. I know I've made plenty rants ITT. No pressure either way though.

Farecoal

There he go
Basically, my co-worker is out with COVID and I need to work overtime tomorrow and Sunday, and also work Saturday, normally my day off. On its own not horrible (I guess) but. This all came as a surprise today and I am not mentally well enough to deal with it and all the other poo poo going on, but I didn't say anything because I'm a giant pushover and don't know how to talk to my manager about being extremely depressed.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Farecoal posted:

Basically, my co-worker is out with COVID and I need to work overtime tomorrow and Sunday, and also work Saturday, normally my day off. On its own not horrible (I guess) but. This all came as a surprise today and I am not mentally well enough to deal with it and all the other poo poo going on, but I didn't say anything because I'm a giant pushover and don't know how to talk to my manager about being extremely depressed.

that sux brug

not knowing how to talk about depression, and not being able to talk about it, is one of the symptoms of depression

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(
Work was a gently caress today

Just had a reminder of how much better employment law is in Limey Land compared to the US, as we "re-organised" some people out of the US business, and I had to turn all their access off just after they got told about it. Literally on cue from the manager calling them to say "btw u fired here's ur severance bye" (it's basically gardening leave, they still get full pay period but poo poo is turned off right away because risk management)

Might be doxxing myself here (I am in tech so I likely work amongst goons), but one of those people today was my own boss. Been moved under a new one, meeting with the team and them tomorrow to go over basics and learn the new lay of the land

Tonight I shall be playing Playstation and trashing, maybe watch some anime? Definitely trashing. See if I can stay conscious long enough for GT7 to unlock :v:

Also: gently caress a job

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
hey work krew, what are some good jobs that require basically zero human interaction?

im alllllllllllllllllllll peopled out

Finger Prince

Train or subway driver maybe?

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
shepherd!

Farecoal

There he go
Wrex.

more falafel please

forums poster

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

empty whippet box

by Fluffdaddy
had a caller at work today who called in to follow up on a letter he sent to us because he was upset that he received an email from us that contained pictures of people, and all the pictures were of black people. he said that white people make up 75% of the country and that he was tired of companies pushing woke nonsense in his face all the time, and he felt excluded by the email containing pictures of all black people. I was sitting there listening to this absolutely unhinged rant not sure how the hell I was supposed to respond to this, and settled on simply punting this guy to a supervisor because that's procedure when discrimination is alleged. then had to fill out a complaint form about the alleged discrimination. people really call us with the stupidest poo poo sometimes

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

cruft

empty whippet box posted:

he felt excluded by the email containing pictures of all black people.

A white guy having to see a photograph of black people is the saddest thing I have read all year.

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
just found out i'm on call for today so my first act is to make a huge bowl of cheese and bacon yellow grits, some coffee, and do a weeds
my brother is comin over with an oz of "eh, surprise me" an hour before my shift ends, fukkit
f v k k a j o b

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

more falafel please

forums poster

is that kevin mitnick lol

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

more falafel please posted:

is that kevin mitnick lol

he was teaching us to not give out passwords over the phone, even if the person disguises their voice to sound like your boss if maybe your boss was a sick 94 year old man

more falafel please

forums poster

Sarah Cenia posted:

he was teaching us to not give out passwords over the phone, even if the person disguises their voice to sound like your boss if maybe your boss was a sick 94 year old man

my IT department also made us do kevin mitnick's anti-phishing training

funny that they never mention his backstory in those videos

more falafel please

forums poster

actually gently caress that security training because a few weeks later I got an email from them with the subject like "<company> security alert" with a from address of Kevin mitnick's security training company and a link which I verified was to Kevin mitnick's security training company, so after I verified all that I clicked the link, which took me to a page that said "haha rekt you got phished, now you have to do remedial security training" and like, no I fuckin didn't

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

actually gently caress that security training because a few weeks later I got an email from them with the subject like "<company> security alert" with a from address of Kevin mitnick's security training company and a link which I verified was to Kevin mitnick's security training company, so after I verified all that I clicked the link, which took me to a page that said "haha rekt you got phished, now you have to do remedial security training" and like, no I fuckin didn't

Common mistake. You're supposed to reply all to everyone in the company email directory and ask "Kevin, is this really from you?"

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

That or just report everything that has a link as a possible phishing attempt.

everything.

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Zil posted:

That or just report everything that has a link as a possible phishing attempt.

everything.

It is the way :hmmyes:

Escape From Noise

So I came to work today and found out that the restaurant manager caught COVID and started showing symptoms on Saturday. Great job letting me know! I could have gotten tested over the weekend or used my home test this morning had I been warned!

Escape From Noise

Why is it that the places I've worked with a mouse issue never take it seriously. They throw a few traos down and say we should just tape up the holes. Meanwhile these vermin are chewing away on my malt that is on the floor because they're forever going to order shelving to store the malt on. JFC

Finger Prince

Why is it that the places I've worked with a mouse issue never take it seriously. They throw a few traos down and say we should just tape up the holes. Meanwhile these vermin are chewing away on my malt that is on the floor because they're forever going to order shelving to store the malt on. JFC

Only one thing you can do...
"Malthouse Mouse Doppel"

xcheopis

Finger Prince posted:

"Malthouse Mouse Doppel"

Well, it worked for coffee.

Everywhere, everyone is red and green
I gotta lust for glory and a tape machine
I'm living out Frank Coppola's dreams
Outta my mind, I'm feelin' mean

Escape From Noise

Finger Prince posted:

"Malthouse Mouse Doppel"

I mean almost every brewery I've worked for had had mice/rats. You're usually dealing with a big warehouse space so it's not like you can plug all the holes but these places have just been so slow to react.

Escape From Noise

I hosed up a bit. That gently caress up got slightly exacerbated by poor communication from my bosses but really it was my fault. The only person really mad at me for it is me.

Basically, I ran out of CO2. Post fermentation I use a fair amount of CO2 because you don't want oxygen touching beer that is in the middle of fermentation or done fermenting. It causes an unpleasant off flavor that tastes like cardboard or licking an envelope (if you're old enough to remember that).

We bottled last week which used a lot of CO2. I should have realized this but looking at the reading on the gas canister, I thought I had enough. The thing is, I also had yet to carbonate the tank I was supposed to keg today. I forgot to take into account how much CO2 I would need to wash kegs (purging of oxygen at the end of the cycle). I showed up later yesterday, but I also didn't get a count of how many 20 liter and 10 liter kegs my bosses wanted until like 2 pm, then it changed at 3. So I was going to have to be in later than I planned but I also showed up late. The issue started when, nearing the end of the kegs to wash I realized that the hot water reservoir hadn't been filling because I hadn't opened a valve. Not wanting to risk shipping out kegs with any amount of caustic in them, I decided to rewash them. At this point my CO2 was pretty low. Eventually it ran out. I told this assistant manager I needed to order another canister of CO2. I hosed up on that. He faxed in the order last night and put the order date as the 18th instead of the 8th. He contacted them today to check on the order and they said it'll be in tomorrow morning...or afternoon...or evening. Depending on the driver's route. So I need to show up tomorrow morning in case they arrive early. gently caress. Had to cancel an appointment I made for a haircut. I feel bad about that because if I had just ordered a canister on Friday this would have been fine.

Nobody is upset with me but I'm beating myself up for some reason.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i have gas troubles too - my gas of choice is helium. i fly the blimp for the local hockey team. at one point i used to order the helium myself, but there's some really bizarre family business bullshit going on between the hockey team management and the gas people, which means that they have to order the gas for me. problem is, the team people quite often forget, and also the gas people forget to deliver it. so bizarre. somehow the t shirt gun guy always has CO2 but I am constantly short of He.

cruft

Hot air blimp IMHO

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i could easily fill it with my hot spicy farts

cruft

One of my employees was recently promoted to be my boss. I am so thankful they passed me over on this one. I do not want to be doing that thankless job.

Escape From Noise

Kegged the biere de Mars, which is one I'm very proud of.

more falafel please

forums poster

Kegged the biere de Mars, which is one I'm very proud of.

what's the shipping cost on a crowler? wanna try that biere

Escape From Noise

what's the shipping cost on a crowler? wanna try that biere

Probably very high. Here's what it looks like.

I'm excited to see how the second batch comes out. I was just over target gravity by one point, so that was good, and I corrected a miscalculation with my aroma and flavoring hops (Nelson suavin and Hallertau Blanc) after having to make a last minute sub from Strisselspalt to the Hallertau.

DaChurl

I'm not familiar with the type of thing I'm seeing.

cruft posted:

One of my employees was recently promoted to be my boss. I am so thankful they passed me over on this one. I do not want to be doing that thankless job.

:yeah:

I feel this in my soul.

Farecoal

There he go
I never want to be in a position where I have to manage someone. No thank you sir!!

xcheopis

Farecoal posted:

I never want to be in a position where I have to manage someone. No thank you sir!!

Yep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
TFIF