Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

doingitwrong posted:

It really seems like they were like “What’s every combo of stat? OK, let’s make cool poo poo for each one.”

So many different kinds of spells and incantations. Where DS3 has, like two kinds of pyromancies (flame and black flame) with variations, in this game, incantations spec you into a huge range of options which tell the story of competing faiths. I think I’ve picked up a half dozen different schools of sorcery.

Every part of this game: “Holy poo poo, there’s more.”

I hope some of the people leveling Int and Faith for the Sword of Night and Flame explore the sorceries and incantations that having both Int and Faith gives you access to: Golden Order incantations (which are really good), magma sorceries, and necromancy sorceries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

the amount of different sorceries/incantations in the game is giving me build paralysis for what I want to do on a new future playthrough. it's a tiny thing but I love that they let you sort spells in the memorize window by support/offense (i dont think that was a thing in prior souls games) and that the incantations/sorceries are also grouped together on their "type" (frenzy,blood,etc) in the inventory screen.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

got a grey spiky star?? status effect filling up on my screen and I thought "what even is this?" 🙃

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

goferchan posted:

Yeah lol I got some armor that "boosts the power of thorn sorcery" and I was like what the gently caress is thorn sorcery

edit: I like how all the spell and incantation schools have different backgrounds for their icon too. Also if anyone hasn't messed around with them, the infusion spells all have great animations now when in DS3 i think they all just involved you waving your hand over your weapon while it glowed. The holy enchant has you do a pose while a holy seal pops up, the lightning one has you raise your weapon to the sky and it gets struck by lightning, etc

The sorcery one has you raise your sword above your head and look like a little bitch, but that last part is only indirectly related to the animation

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Really enjoying the Comet Azur spell, like a bigass kamehameha wave. If it works it's awesome and does tons of damage, if it doesn't and the enemy moves slightly to the left or right you're a sitting duck and die an idiot's death, which is also awesome.

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

Larry Parrish posted:

I was frustrated with that fight too but I did it under leveled (his arrows did 90% of my hp) and after destroying him before he could even phase in NG+ I realized it was just because my build sucked and I fought him way too early.

just finished it, arrows weren’t bad once i figured out where to stand and not to be riding and I was pretty good on phase 1 but the goddamn giant rocks were a pain in the rear end, finally decided to just run and hide while he had the rocks out and once they were gone tried to run in for a hit, then when he was really low I just said gently caress it and rushed him and hit him twice. Uchigatana ftw

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

extremebuff posted:

got a grey spiky star?? status effect filling up on my screen and I thought "what even is this?" 🙃
I loved it I wasn't even made lol. Wormface ftw.

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

extremebuff posted:

i was not expecting the animation for when that bar fills up to be that loving brutal lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

extremebuff posted:

that animation is so fuckin cool lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

It’s even worse in this game than DS1 too lol. I don’t think I’ve ever seen less than 6 basilisks at once bare minimum and their attack has like a 240-degree arc. Or at least it feels that way when they’re all letting loose

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

goferchan posted:

Yeah lol I got some armor that "boosts the power of thorn sorcery" and I was like what the gently caress is thorn sorcery

edit: I like how all the spell and incantation schools have different backgrounds for their icon too. Also if anyone hasn't messed around with them, the infusion spells all have great animations now when in DS3 i think they all just involved you waving your hand over your weapon while it glowed. The holy enchant has you do a pose while a holy seal pops up, the lightning one has you raise your weapon to the sky and it gets struck by lightning, etc

Sekiro was big step up in terms of lots of cool animations and poses for different buffs, and it's cool that carried over to Elden Ring. I like how there's like different sigil effects associated with different spells/incantations

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
The basilisks are really cute

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Fungah! posted:

that animation is so fuckin cool lol

American McGay posted:

I loved it I wasn't even made lol. Wormface ftw.

Ghosthotel posted:

i was not expecting the animation for when that bar fills up to be that loving brutal lol

this game is godlike

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

He doesn't know...

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

Yeah their big eyes are so adorable haha

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Control Volume posted:

Yeah their big eyes are so adorable haha

Haha don't infect me with deathblight you're so cute

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I love the basilisk's stupid little faces you can see if you look close

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I haven't let that status bar fill up yet but now I want to die just to see it

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Harrow posted:

i think the big eyes actually are big eyes in this game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I haven't let that status bar fill up yet but now I want to die just to see it

It's the coolest curse animation in the series I think. Although I like how it just hollows you in ds2.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Harrow posted:

scary ghost dog posted:

i think the big eyes actually are big eyes in this game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

basilisks being back isnt much of a spoiler but now im wondering if theyre DS2 style basilisks where they'll surprise you w/ a tail whip or jump attack that rips off half your hp lol. cant wait to find them

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I want a little basilisk model to paint up. I made a diorama for sif and doing one for the depths would be fun

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

I want a little basilisk model to paint up. I made a diorama for sif and doing one for the depths would be fun

woah this is loving cool

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Spanish Manlove posted:

“Hey it’s that dog” -Leon Kennedy

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
they should sell a little ranni doll

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Spanish Manlove posted:

That's badass

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

dope

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Larry Parrish posted:

Yes

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Spanish Manlove posted:

the sands of time have worn the little cocktail swords to nothing. to say nothing of the lego men who once weilded them

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

The first time I fell off DS1 I got basilisked and couldn't figure out what to do so I was not pleased to see them again lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plebian Parasite posted:

The first time I fell off DS1 I got basilisked and couldn't figure out what to do so I was not pleased to see them again lol.

At least they don't give you a hard to get rid of persistent status effect anymore

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Plebian Parasite posted:

Same here lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

At least they don't give you a hard to get rid of persistent status effect anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjTYEJj0LCg

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

Looking for a date?

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Looking for a date?

lol

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

the sands of time have worn the little cocktail swords to nothing. to say nothing of the lego men who once weilded them

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

HolePisser1982 posted:

Lol

Also thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

net cafe scandal posted:

Looking for a date?