Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minnesota Manatee
Aug 28, 2009

I couldn't see them in the first shot but later in the trailer when he's spinning his lightsaber you can totally see the red marks under his eyes and the Pau'an lines. Woops, it's totally him, sorry.

Minnesota Manatee fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Mar 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Looks like some EU bullshit.

Which for me means :getin:

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

thrawn527 posted:

I'm honestly kind of losing my poo poo. The use of Duel of the Fates is perfect. "Their compassion leaves a trail," is a loving great line. And seeing little kid Luke god drat Skywalker? God drat, today is suddenly a good day.

Which make up? There is no Inquisitor in Episode III. Do you mean the one dude Obi-Wan talks to on Utapau who had a long bald head? I'm guessing because this guy will have to do stunts, as where that guy had to take a couple steps forward, say a couple lines, then walk way. Probably a little different, when it comes to make up requirements.

Yes he's the same species and is presumably the same guy as in Rebels, is it not? I'm way behind on that series but I know he eats it fighting Kanan but I don't think that's happened yet in the timeline.

The stunt makeup explanation makes sense but yeah I feel like they could have done better.

100% agreed on the music though. I didn't even realize the trailer started with a slowed-down version of Battle of the Heroes until I watched it again :swoon:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Yeah Friend is the Grand Inquisitor there’s been rumors about it for over a month now and it’s very clearly him in that second snipped we see.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Rebels starts about four years after this.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Maybe he dies in this show and gets replaced by the grand inquisitor we see in rebels? :shrug:

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Looks cool! Wonder what the mix of Tatooine vs. non-Tatooine is going to be; I'm not as tired of it as a lot of people are, and if anything it makes the most sense for a Kenobi series, but it's also good to see cool new planets, as long as it's more of an exception for unusual circumstances rather than "Obi-Wan is jetsetting around the galaxy all the time" (which it doesn't seem like it will be). I'm guessing we get off-planet pretty early in the series, most of the Tatooine clips in the trailer feel like setup.

thrawn527 posted:

I'm honestly kind of losing my poo poo. The use of Duel of the Fates is perfect.
Even better (because it doesn't get enough credit), Battle of the Heroes! Hope that gets a reference in the actual show.

Remalle
Feb 12, 2020

Was that the Fortress Inquisitorius we briefly saw? And the Fifth Brother!?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Hazo posted:

Yes he's the same species and is presumably the same guy as in Rebels, is it not? I'm way behind on that series but I know he eats it fighting Kanan but I don't think that's happened yet in the timeline.

The stunt makeup explanation makes sense but yeah I feel like they could have done better.

100% agreed on the music though. I didn't even realize the trailer started with a slowed-down version of Battle of the Heroes until I watched it again :swoon:

Ah, I guess I never thought about how the guy in Episode III on Utapau and the Grand Inquisitor are the same species. I thought the guy in Episode III had a bunch of lines on his face, and the Inquisitor in Rebels didn't? Whatever. They're definitely not the same person. I'm fine with his face looking a little different in live action compared to Rebels, but I guess now I know what minor detail everyone will fixate on. Twitter is all over this.

This really feels like a "missing the forest for the trees" situation, but oh well.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lord Hydronium posted:

Even better (because it doesn't get enough credit), Battle of the Heroes! Hope that gets a reference in the actual show.

While both of those tracks are great (especially BotH) it's weird to see them used devoid of context. They meant something god drat it! Still fun though.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

stev posted:

While both of those tracks are great (especially BotH) it's weird to see them used devoid of context. They meant something god drat it! Still fun though.
While the trailer use is probably mostly "this sounds cool", I think it is appropriate to have the track associated with Obi-Wan's downfall and the last time he fought a darksider.

Speaking of which, I didn't see any hints in there as to how Hayden Christensen might be involved (either as flashbacks or present day Vader).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They got the breath at the end when the title is coming up.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait for the griping about their conversation in A New Hope suddenly not making sense if it turns out they... fought ten years after they last fought one another, and then fight again nine years later

So I hope they fight in every episode

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He'll turn up as a force ghost. Turns out Vader died shortly after his horrific burns and they replaced him with Rex.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

thrawn527 posted:

Ah, I guess I never thought about how the guy in Episode III on Utapau and the Grand Inquisitor are the same species. I thought the guy in Episode III had a bunch of lines on his face, and the Inquisitor in Rebels didn't? Whatever. They're definitely not the same person. I'm fine with his face looking a little different in live action compared to Rebels, but I guess now I know what minor detail everyone will fixate on. Twitter is all over this.

Ugh now I'm sorry I noticed it. It's gonna be live-action Cad Bane all over again. Oh well, I'm sure as long as the acting is good it won't matter.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Young Luke looks like he'd be good at pod racing.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
What?! Humans can't podrace!!

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

That made me giggle a little. Like I knew Obi-Wan was out there making sure Luke stayed safe, but I thought he was doing it in, I dunno, a more mystical and surreptitious way, not literally squatting in a sand dune a quarter mile away and creeping on BabyLuke through a pair of binoculars. No wonder Owen thinks he's a total weirdo.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

As long as Like is on this world with me, I shall feel it in the Force.

*turns over in bed, fluffs pillow in frustration*

I shall feel it it the force. I'll feel it--

For gently caress's sake. Fine, I'll go check.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I like how it seems like they're going to put Owen Lars front and center.

Can't wait to see the thrilling heroics of the drunken uncle who hollers at luke to turn down his jizz music.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Owlbear Camus posted:

I like how it seems like they're going to put Owen Lars front and center.

Can't wait to see the thrilling heroics of the drunken uncle who hollers at luke to turn down his jizz music.

*snaps fingers*

Deborah Chow was gleeful for them casting Joel Edgarton as Owen, and I can't help but notice there's more than a passing surface-level similarity between him and Ewan

What if it's a case of mistaken identity and Obi-Wan chases the Inquisitors across the galaxy to save him, and that's why he wants Luke to stay the hell away from Crazy Old Ben?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What hero is going to slyly make Jizz canon??

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

feedmyleg posted:

What hero is going to slyly make Jizz canon??

?? jizz is canon bro

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Show me a canon source that uses the word.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Two biggest questions I have:

1) Why were there 4 Sith apparently running around immediately after the end of the prequels?

2) Are they finally going to explain why Obi-Wan needed to hide himself and Luke so badly that he became a hermit, created an entirely new identity for himself, and lived in utter solitude for 20 years, but he just took Luke back to his biological next of kin and had them call Luke by his original name? Yet, somehow, nobody ever checked up on them.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Who would be searching for Luke? There's like 4 people who even knows he exists.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Jerkface posted:

?? jizz is canon bro

More canon :stare:

We need to hear someone say it :stonk:

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

1) Why were there 4 Sith apparently running around immediately after the end of the prequels?

2) Are they finally going to explain why Obi-Wan needed to hide himself and Luke so badly that he became a hermit, created an entirely new identity for himself, and lived in utter solitude for 20 years, but he just took Luke back to his biological next of kin and had them call Luke by his original name? Yet, somehow, nobody ever checked up on them.

Inquisitors aren't true Sith; they're former Jedi/Force sensitives turned to the Dark Side at the castle in the trailer (explored in Jedi Fallen Order) and trained by Vader (Seen in the second Vader comic series which takes place immediately after RotS)

Obi-Wan took Luke to Tatooine since he figured Vader wouldn't want to go back to where he lost his mother; which the fact there's Inquisitors sniffing around means the Empire still hasn't ruled it out entirely (still took them ten years to send anyone though, so...)

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Inquisitors aren't Sith proper. It's kind of implied they're getting a stepped-on version of Force training to make them just dangerous enough to hunt down Jedi and terrorize Jedi collaborators with plenty of support from storm/purge troopers in tow. Like they're getting enough Force training to be regular infantry riflemen to the Sith's Delta Operators.

quote:

It's pretty weird. Everything on the deeds and titles would say "Lars" so nothing would ping in Imperial records, and it's possible "Skywalker" is as common as "Jones" in the Star War galaxy. Vader is probably not eager to revisit his old home and would have no reason to suspect Owen and Beru of doing anything but eeking out a living on a planet he hates.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

feedmyleg posted:

Show me a canon source that uses the word.

Jizz was first mentioned in canon in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization

thank you wookiepedia, also I'm pretty sure there are subtitles in a Disney+ show that says [grooving to jizz]

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

They’re inquisitors. Half baked darkside users meant to hunt down runaway padawans and such. They also function as mine canaries, if one of them gets killed Vader knows he might have something worth his time.

Their spinsabers are usually called stupid by fans but they do what they’re meant to do, be generally intimidating to clueless opponents.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

feedmyleg posted:

Who would be searching for Luke? There's like 4 people who even knows he exists.

Obi-Wan dramatically changed his life and lived as a hermit for 20 years, gave himself a new name, and they gave Leia an entirely new identity with someone completely unaffiliated with the Skywalkers on a planet in a completely different universe.

Just seems like they went all out to hide everyone else, but really half-assed hiding Luke!

He just used his real name and dropped him off with his next of kin who never moved out of their childhood home.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Vinylshadow posted:

More canon :stare:

We need to hear someone say it :stonk:

I need to hear someone wail it

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Mar 9, 2022

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Obi-Wan dramatically changed his life and lived as a hermit for 20 years, gave himself a new name, and they gave Leia an entirely new identity with someone completely unaffiliated with the Skywalkers on a planet in a completely different universe.

Just seems like they went all out to hide everyone else, but really half-assed hiding Luke!

He just used his real name and dropped him off with his next of kin who never moved out of their childhood home.

Why should Luke change his name? His dad is the one who sucks!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

You're not wrong from a storytelling sense, but in-universe I think the logic is fairly sound.

Anakin doesn't know he has a son, and he has never heard the name Luke—a name Padme only uttered from her deathbed. The vast majority of people in the galaxy think Anakin and Obi-Wan were killed in the purge. Anakin has no reason to ever return to the homestead, a place he visited once to crash with his now ex-brother in law while searching for his dying mom that is in a totally different town than the one he grew up in.

Nobody outside of Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Bail would know to be on the lookout for a secret presumed-dead child that Anakin had with his secret dead wife, and even if they did, why would they check a farm in the middle of nowhere run by Anakin's mom's dead husband's son?

feedmyleg fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 9, 2022

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Tatooine is the last place in the galaxy Anakin wants to go or think about, and the baby died with Padme as far as he and Palpatine know. Plus it's pretty much a nothing backwater dive in an entire galaxy of planets, with only the most token Empire representation 90% of the time.

Though now I do want to see Anakin stop by the old homestead for an awkward catch up and supper with his step-brother.

"So...what have you been up to?"
"Nothing much, killing Sand People, lamenting my lot in life, you know, the usual. This suit owns though, keeps the sand out, you guys should get one. Can you pass the salt please, Beru?"

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

feedmyleg posted:

You're not wrong from a storytelling sense, but in-universe I think the logic is fairly sound.

Anakin doesn't know he has a son, and he has never heard the name Luke—a name Padme only uttered from her deathbed. The vast majority of people in the galaxy think Anakin and Obi-Wan were killed in the purge. Anakin has no reason to ever return to the homestead, a place he visited once to crash with his now ex-brother in law while searching for his dying mom that is in a totally different town than the one he grew up in.

Nobody outside of Obi-Wan, Yoda, and Bail would know to be on the lookout for a secret presumed-dead child that Anakin had with his secret dead wife, and even if they did, why would they check a farm in the middle of nowhere run by Anakin's mom's dead husband's son?

Why go through all the effort for Leia and Obi-Wan when the same logic applies to them, though? Seems like they should have half-assed everyone since only 4 people in the universe knew or they should have put a little more effort into hiding poor Luke!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Would it have been safer to drop him on the step of an orphanage on a random planet he picked by throwing a saberdart at a space map? Probably. But if his goal was to give the son of his former "brother" whom he loved a semblance of a decent life, I think he made the right call. Could Bail have adopted two kids? Yeah. That probably would have been the best solution. But otherwise Luke is growing up on Dagobah with Yoda and he's gonna turn out a bit goofy.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Sentinel Red posted:

Tatooine is the last place in the galaxy Anakin wants to go or think about, and the baby died with Padme as far as he and Palpatine know. Plus it's pretty much a nothing backwater dive in an entire galaxy of planets, with only the most token Empire representation 90% of the time.

Though now I do want to see Anakin stop by the old homestead for an awkward catch up and supper with his step-brother.

"So...what have you been up to?"
"Nothing much, killing Sand People, lamenting my lot in life, you know, the usual. This suit owns though, keeps the sand out, you guys should get one. Can you pass the salt please, Beru?"

Owen: why does it keep beeping?
Vader….

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Brawnfire posted:

I need to hear someone wail it

Hey I can wail jizz all night if you're free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Vinylshadow posted:

Inquisitors aren't true Sith; they're former Jedi/Force sensitives turned to the Dark Side at the castle in the trailer (explored in Jedi Fallen Order) and trained by Vader (Seen in the second Vader comic series which takes place immediately after RotS)I

I love Rebels, but my only problem with it is that I never found the Inquisitors all that scary. I know they needed less powerful villains, because we were following less powerful Force users, but that doesn't change the fact that the answer to, "Who are the Inquisitors?" can be summed up with, "A group of less scary Darth Vaders." Okay, well, then, I'm not gonna find them all that intimidating, I guess, if that's what we're using as a starting point. They worked better in Fallen Order as escalating bosses, I think.

This only got worse in season 2 when Vader and Ahsoka showed up, and Vader was clearly a bigger deal, and Ahsoka absolutely clowned them. I get why they need to exist from a story telling point of view, but, like, in this show, for example. Can any Inquisitor really seem like a threat against Kenobi? The man went toe-to-toe against Vader in his absolute prime (with the aide of some high ground, obviously), and won. Sure, throw a few lesser Vaders at him, I guess.

Minor thought that's been on my mind for a while, I guess.