Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

Cup Runneth Over posted:

posting on the :d2a: page before it's gone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

owned

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

tokin opposition posted:

If you eat poorly and never exercise you can be one of the first to go

finally, something goes my way

RudeCat
Aug 7, 2012

The rudest cat for the rudest jobs

It was perfect

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Looks pretty dangerous, I hope this "E Mail" never happens.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

Failson posted:

It is a huge pile of poo poo, which is basically the reason people build even bigger piles of poo poo in futile attempts to replace it.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

i ejaculate like this as well, glad to know i'm not alone

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

tokin opposition posted:

i ejaculate like this as well, glad to know i'm not alone
oh so that’s what the ‘e’ stands for

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzSDJRC0F6c

dymo putting drm in printer paper rofl, the corporate responses are incredible

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

30.5 Days posted:

Desperately searching for a future where I don't burn to death and coming up short

been reading the fifth dune book and the main threat in that one is super hot ladies who are so good at loving they turn men into slaves. im looking foward to that

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Failson posted:

turns out it didn't lmao

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Is the dystopia the children who tweeted that who don't understand they activated Alexa by saying 'alexa' or what

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the dystopia is paying not just one corporation to listen to your living room, but two

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Carthag Tuek posted:

the dystopia is paying not just one corporation to listen to your living room, but two

there’s a free version but it’s made by a weird guy who has dictatorial control over the project and might be an extremist of some embarrassing kind

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

there’s a free version but it’s made by a weird guy who has dictatorial control over the project and might be an extremist of some embarrassing kind

what? is there some kind of open source corporate spyware robot?

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

mawarannahr posted:

"might"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mawarannahr posted:

What's his username

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Milo and POTUS posted:

What's his username

yo

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I believe all code should be open, all hardware modifiable, and anyone trading an NFT to be marched to the nearest sea.
Also ban fetches and gulag moon players but that's a gimmick for a different thread.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mawarannahr posted:

i told you to stop doxxing me on SA mawa, but you cant listen to a simple order so now im going to fire you. good finding a job before the immigration services get to you

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Shalebridge Cradle posted:

what? is there some kind of open source corporate spyware robot?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

i'm not proud to admit this, but i'm the cyberpunk dystopia. i had forgotten what data was written to one of my implanted NFC chips and had to scan it with my phone to check. there's no way to say this without sounding like an idiot, so i'll just take a deep breath and say it.

i rickrolled myself

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

GWBBQ posted:

i'm not proud to admit this, but i'm the cyberpunk dystopia. i had forgotten what data was written to one of my implanted NFC chips and had to scan it with my phone to check. there's no way to say this without sounding like an idiot, so i'll just take a deep breath and say it.

i rickrolled myself

It's not a rickroll you implanted, it's a link to a corporate website with a rickroll.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

GWBBQ posted:

i rickrolled myself

Don't worry. You sounded like an idiot way before you got to the rickroll part

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

GWBBQ posted:

i rickrolled myself

...why do you have an implanted NFC chip?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Like a dog! Lol

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

oh god what’s wrong with Home Assistant now?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

The Bloop posted:

Don't worry. You sounded like an idiot way before you got to the rickroll part
do you think i would have posted it for everyone's amusement if i wasn't already fully aware of that?

HootTheOwl posted:

...why do you have an implanted NFC chip?
i don't expect implanted tech to ever be particularly popular or widespread, but people get all kinds of piercings and tattoos for aesthetic reasons and i have a few implants that are functional for stuff like opening doors and i guess rickrolling myself. as a bonus, it's a pretty easy way to get people who believe dumb poo poo like "bill gates is microchipping me with vaccines" to shut the gently caress up. i also have a magnet and it's pretty neat to feel things like a motor running without touching it, or being able feel to when a solar flare hits earth and produces a big geomagnetic storm.

endlessmonotony posted:

It's not a rickroll you implanted, it's a link to a corporate website with a rickroll.
it's a youtube link, I can rewrite it something like 100,000 times, so it's not exactly a long term commitment or something that can't easily be undone.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

GWBBQ posted:

do you think i would have posted it for everyone's amusement if i wasn't already fully aware of that?

i don't expect implanted tech to ever be particularly popular or widespread, but people get all kinds of piercings and tattoos for aesthetic reasons and i have a few implants that are functional for stuff like opening doors and i guess rickrolling myself. as a bonus, it's a pretty easy way to get people who believe dumb poo poo like "bill gates is microchipping me with vaccines" to shut the gently caress up. i also have a magnet and it's pretty neat to feel things like a motor running without touching it, or being able feel to when a solar flare hits earth and produces a big geomagnetic storm.

it's a youtube link, I can rewrite it something like 100,000 times, so it's not exactly a long term commitment or something that can't easily be undone.

lmao

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Gonna develop whole new fields of engineering, electronics, signal theory and biology to remotely rewrite all your NFCs to goatse 420,000 times

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

tokin opposition posted:

Gonna develop whole new fields of engineering, electronics, signal theory and biology to remotely rewrite all your NFCs to goatse 420,000 times

That's praxis :ussr:

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

GWBBQ posted:

are you one of those people who got a magnet wrapped in silicon cut into your arm and started calling yourself a cyborg

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
Calling the time I got really drunk and swallowed a bunch of tiny magnets and had to go to the er an experimental transhumanism experience

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Calling the time I got really drunk and swallowed a bunch of tiny magnets and had to go to the er an experimental transhumanism experience

:hmmyes: getting drunk means using engineered molecules to hack your neural matrix

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

silentsnack posted:

:hmmyes: getting drunk means using engineered molecules to hack your neural matrix

elon musk's next tweet found

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

i've been a cyborg since i was three by offloading the majority of my hippocampus to search engine results, wearing glasses, and using high pressure heat and steam to clean my bio-components (showering, look it up)

i'm actually made of trillions of von Neumann machines

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

My sourdough starter is my experimental but promising nanomachine development.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

tokin opposition posted:

mycomancy posted:

That's praxis :ussr:
i really can't come up with a good reason to disagree

30.5 Days posted:

are you one of those people who got a magnet wrapped in silicon cut into your arm and started calling yourself a cyborg
that's some '90s-rear end poo poo, it's encased in Schott 8652 bioglass, which is approved by the FDA for use in implanted medical devices. people who got the old silicone coated ones almost universally found out that it's really not a durable coating and i've never heard of anyone going more than a few years without the coating breaking up, the magnets disintegrating and being rejected, then ending up needing to have them surgically removed because rare earth metals are not something you want inside you. i think Popular Mechanics and Wired ran articles about them 25ish years ago, and i wasn't dumb enough to consider it back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy