Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Waffle! posted:

Advance Wars DLC will include a new faction: farmers that steal your tanks with their tractors.

This feels more like a Command & Conquer faction, but I’d be fine with it :utruck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Neddy Seagoon posted:

gently caress yesssss! :peanut:

I still hope F-Zero GX gets a remaster someday, that game ruled and I loved the custom-part vehicles.

Plus it'd be fun to watch a new generation experience the brutal horrors of Story Mode... :unsmigghh:

That game's story mode probably caused it to sell a little worse than it should have.

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Fzero X surprise release starting to make sense now

Aren't they just doing one N64 game a month? Did they announce this one early?

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
Why would they lower the price if people are still paying it?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Ugh, Mario Kart 8 DX is finally on sale, and it will never be this cheap again ever, but I can't afford to buy both it and Kirby. This sucks!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

buy mario kart

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
e: seriously, if Kirby comes out and it's as good as Elden Ring, a format-defining game that we will be talking about for years to come, the clear and undeniable game of the year.

Huxley fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Mar 9, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

owning a switch but not mario kart is like owning a house with no roof

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they are never going to discount Mario Kart unless they do one of those "Greatest Hits" series with a year or so left in the console's life. just buy the dang thing.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

They’re adding 48 new tracks to an already massive Mario Kart game. Get Mario Kart.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Shame about AW but understandable. Hopefully the extra time is spent well polishing it. I just hope it has AI that's on-par with the original by the time it's out.

Also get Mario Kart 8, it's already one of the best racing games of all time, even before doubling the track count with the new dlc.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

owning a switch but not mario kart is like owning a house with no roof

but i don't own a house either...

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Would go for Mario Kart, especially if you haven't played 8 yet.

Kirby will go on sale... next year hopefully.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/64BitRatchet/status/1501624717266071553?t=64CCFtTkxvULUBdRcSa_Hw&s=19

:lol:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I have no interest in playing MP for MK8--is the singleplayer meaty enough in a way that isn't frustrating?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Disappointed AW1+2R won't be out for a while but on the other hand I want the release to go as well as possible so that we might get more AW in the future.

Fire Emblem was also once nearly dead before Awakening but I'm not sure if the AW remake will do the same thing for the series BUT I'll take anything

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Im red mad nude about aw's delay and im not afraid to say it

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
My sister told me she's getting her daughter a switch for her birthday. What are some easy games for a soon to be 5 year old to play? Maybe Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, and Luigi's Mansion? And I guess my niece is a little bit into Pokemon, is Arceus playable for someone that age? Games with very little reading required is probably best.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the Yoshi game that came out recently enough is good for kids. Mario Kart is the classic

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Jingleheimer posted:

My sister told me she's getting her daughter a switch for her birthday. What are some easy games for a soon to be 5 year old to play? Maybe Mario Kart, Mario Odyssey, and Luigi's Mansion? And I guess my niece is a little bit into Pokemon, is Arceus playable for someone that age? Games with very little reading required is probably best.

Yoshi's Crafted World & Kirby Star Allies.

Both are colorful 2D platformers that have co-op if she needs assistance.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Jingleheimer posted:

The new Kirby game comes out on the 25th and there's a demo available if you wanted to gauge interest.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
My 7 year old loved the mario game with Nabbit in it.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Let's Go is probably the best Pokemon game for a young child, unless she's also into some of the other games already. That said, even that one requires some reading and not sure how much of it can be inferred by mashing through dialogue or whatever. Sword/Shield and Arceus would probably be a bit too advanced for her, though I don't know your niece so maybe she could handle those fine.

Maybe New Pokemon Snap?

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Jingleheimer posted:

Pokemon sword has no story and barely any gameplay you can go with that

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dpulex posted:

Pokemon sword has no story and barely any gameplay you can go with that

There is still reading in that game. It might get confusing for a 5 year old. I'd advise away from the Pokemon games because the battling gameplay is basically all reading. Legends there is less battling but I'd still be hesitant to recommend it because there is still a bunch of reading.

Jingleheimer posted:

Try to watch a Let's Play video of any of the games you are considering on youtube to get a gauge for if the amount of reading will work or not. I think the first two games you suggested would go well, I haven't played Luigi's Mansion. The New Super Mario Bros U port might be worth looking into. The Super Mario 3d World might also be a good choice because it can all be played in multiplayer. (except the new bowser mode)

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Mar 9, 2022

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Spacebump posted:

Aren't they just doing one N64 game a month? Did they announce this one early?

They announced it a little late. When Paper Mario came out they announced Banjo Kazooie for January the next day, and when Banjo came out they announced Majora's Mask for February the next day.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just another way Putin is loving the world economy- delaying sales of AW. :gifttank:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Speaking of Mario Kart, is there a dedicated thread for the series? If not, do you guys think it’s worthwhile if I made one?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Finally pulled the trigger on getting an OLED since I'm probably moving soon and will actually get some handheld use for once.

Being able to sell my OG hackable switch for most of the money made it an easy call. Anyone want to buy a well loved launch switch? lol

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

The Pirate Captain posted:

Why would they lower the price if people are still paying it?

thius. they should raise the price if anything.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I picked up a switch lite today, so for the first time ever, I have two switches on one account and I’m not sure I get how account sharing works. The Nintendo FAQ seems to say that both switches can play digital games as long as it’s not at the same time. Then it turns around and says only the primary can play digital games

What am I missing here?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Fuligin posted:

Im red mad nude about aw's delay and im not afraid to say it

:hai:

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I believe primary switch can play digital no problem, secondary can play them too but needs to have access to internet so it can make sure primary isn't currently playing the game

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Got it. Thanks

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
McDonald's happy meals currently come with mario kart toys. But they forgot to make a waluigi one

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
We currently have 3 that all play the same games. You need to set up your primary account on each non-primary Switch. Then your primary console can play all your games on any account, and your secondary Switch(es) can play any downloaded games so long as you are on the primary (ie the account you used to buy the games) player profile and it can talk to the internet long enough to verify no other console is playing the game.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Advance War was delayed but Advance Special Operation will come out on schedule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
Can't wait to be :sueme: as gently caress in Rune Factory 5!

Do I want to smooch the grumpy elf girl, the succubus, the werewolf daddy, or the emo dude in the hoodie? :ohdear: