Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
it’s got a really catchy op for sure

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Is Made in Abyss horny?

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Retromancer posted:

Is Made in Abyss horny?

Yes, for children and sometimes the torturing thereof. The manga even more so.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

You could also watch those World Masterpiece Theater things, like the adaption of Heidi or the Swiss Family Robinson. They fit your criteria

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Watch Angel Cop (dubbed)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

You could read Made in Abyss as not horny and it works. Don't read the manga or anything about the author. Death of The Author, ok? The author isn't real.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Isnt ping pong good?
Not punpun. Dont read that

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Retromancer posted:

Is Made in Abyss horny?

unfortunately yes, which is a shame because the non-horny parts are actually quite good.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Mr. Lobe posted:

You could also watch those World Masterpiece Theater things, like the adaption of Heidi or the Swiss Family Robinson. They fit your criteria

anne of green gables, heidi, that racoon one...

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

ippo isnt a horny anime imo

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

i mean ippo has a crush on Miyata

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

yeah but its about fighting which was on the list of no nos from the start

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
mob psycho 100 is good. It's slightly about fighting but also about why fighting is stupid.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Kill La Kill :twisted:

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Casey Finnigan posted:

mob psycho 100 is good. It's slightly about fighting but also about why fighting is stupid.

yeah but there's no specific goal, other than human connection

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
the goal is to work out and get in shape

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hajime no ippo is very horny and most of ippo's matches are basically sex. there is very little conventional sexuality, though.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Heidi is good for kids, thanks for reminding me of its existence.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/g_cucuruzdoan/status/1501491532003622912?s=20&t=TZi16OlUb_Vn0GPjlyvWqg

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

ippo is more sex drive, ashita no joe is more death drive, which is why it's the choice for the more mature and cultured consumer :frogc00l:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Nearing the end of surreal horror classic The Drifting Classroom and the drop in quality is a grind. There was always a magical element you were just expected to ignore after a bizarre explanation ("the monster was generated from the imagination of a classmate and it only showed up when he ate, now it's gone and nothing like that will happen again"), but Umezu starts playing really fast and loose with unsatisfying conclusions ("all those evolved humans attacking the school just decided to leave") and really unbelievable interactions between the students that only serve to justify plot lines that will be trashed by the end of the chapter. Really dug the setup and first 2/3rds, limping toward what I'm sure is going to be a sudden and open-ended conclusion.

But I'll never forget the highlights, like when it taught me a valuable lesson how to mentally transform into chair

Or celebrity cameo from Joe Rogan!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

hajime no ippo is very horny and most of ippo's matches are basically sex. there is very little conventional sexuality, though.
Very difficult to write a bedroom scene where two people are going at it while their friends watch and comment on their technique. "Woah, he switched positions! By aggressively shifting his weight and rotating his back and hips, he can use the momentum to generate more power! "

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
Kazuo Umezu loving rules. What caused all these mutants in the future of Drifiting Classroom? Not practicing eugenics and allowing the human population to balloon or something.

All of his stuff is great but I have a real fondness for Cat Eyed Boy. If you enjoyed the weird eco horror stuff in DC then check out Fourteen, one of the stupidest mangas I’ve ever read and at a whopping like 500 chapters.

Dr. Killjoy has issued a correction as of 22:00 on Mar 9, 2022

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

conclusion to drifting classroom is great. very hopeful

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

Drifting Classroom is cool . I’ve got the (live action) movie but haven’t watched it yet

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Good soup! posted:

Watch Angel Cop (dubbed)
"progression on a certain goal" (subverting a jewish conspiracy to pollute japanese ethnic purity via doing headshots as part of an expressly fascist military police force)

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Kazuo Umezu draws some cool lookin' panels (and if I ever go to Japan, I'm gonna try to find that deluxe edition of God's Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand) but holy gently caress are his plots nonsensical and contrived.

Although I'll always remember the baseball player mummy in Drifting Classroom with a certain fondness.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

TenementFunster posted:

"progression on a certain goal" (subverting a jewish conspiracy to pollute japanese ethnic purity via doing headshots as part of an expressly fascist military police force)

my favorite line:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xz-b0NNFs10&t=72s

edit: man, this poo poo brings back memories, old terrible anime whips rear end

Good soup! has issued a correction as of 23:59 on Mar 9, 2022

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

big anisong day at the funster household

not even up on nyaa yet babyyyy

you’re gonna be the DEAD fuckkn ranger

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 00:01 on Mar 10, 2022

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I like when a claymore mine kills a soldier named Claymore

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Mr. Lobe posted:

Yeah, there's a whole bunch. There's some non-World Masterpiece Theatre ones that get roped in too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60paypnHhqg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQuv-Vh1xbo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMrqUFsIWyc

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

oh no amuro has to fight an elite veteran soldier of firm convictions, what will the outcome be (i'll still watch it)

Jymmybob
Jun 26, 2000

Grimey Drawer

tokin opposition posted:

can i get some anime recs for a friend?

criteria:

involves children
no horny
cute
progression on a certain goal
not focused on fighting

she likes Ascension of a Bookworm and the classic Ghibli films. Anyone got suggestions?

Princess Tutu

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lol this cover of Stand Up To The Victory! is so much better than the original. no mean feat.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Doc Hawkins posted:

oh no amuro has to fight an elite veteran soldier of firm convictions, what will the outcome be (i'll still watch it)

If it stays relatively close to the episode it's based off, the outcome you are assuming will happen is not what will happen

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Gripweed posted:

yeah but there's no specific goal, other than human connection
Obviously the goal is to reach 100, and it progresses towards that every episode.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

the goal is to become an admirable adult

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

mob psycho 100 is literally the best anime in years and id recommend it to anyone.

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Oh hey
Gundam Overwatch!

https://youtu.be/pwvcxvP3L0o

on PC and the consoles for once

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
i can't care about a gundam game until they raise gihren's greed from the dead