Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yes. They announced it before he did but he eventually signed on. I assume it is going to be a one season thing unless it turns out to be another Peacemaker level hit.

Edit: Although I wouldn't be surprised if, partway through the first episode they do a time skip or something that involves the Penguin losing some weight so he doesn't have to wear so much make up.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Boardwalk Empire:Gotham definitely has a lot of potential. The Arkham one I don’t think they’ve really said anything about

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Rhyno posted:

Wait did Farrel sign on for that?

Richard Kind is waiting by the phone in case this answer is no.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Crazy how both their spinoff ideas were "remake Gotham"

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I AM GRANDO posted:

The bigotry metaphor breaks down when they’re all beautiful white people with godlike powers.

I mean, I'm from a country that has discriminated against white people for centuries:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegianization

muscles like this! posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDsrZk9yxwk
Trailer for the long gestating DMZ series. This bills it as a limited series which (usually) means one and done. Outside of taking the general premise it looks like they aren't actually adapting the story of the comic.

Kinda disappointing. What I liked about the comic was that the idea of being neutral and keeping your hands clean in war zone proved to be unrealistic and that Matty wasn't an all that sympathetic protagonist. This in comparison looks pretty generic.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alhazred posted:

This in comparison looks pretty generic.

Comic adaptation.txt

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yea it looks like it is keeping the premises of the comic but dropping all the characters and such. I never finished reading the comic but I liked how it was done with the audience insert character and such. It does seem like a generic post apocalyptic show now.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Hollywood Reporter gave a little run down of where the CW DC shows stand for renewal (along with every other network tv show):

quote:

Batwoman (WB): on the bubble for season four
The Flash (WB): a lock to return for season nine but end is near
Legends of Tomorrow (WB): on the bubble for season eight
Stargirl (WB): awaiting word on season four (season three has yet to air)
Supergirl (WB): ended with sixth and final season
Superman & Lois (WB): a lock to return for season three
Naomi (WB): could go either way

I'm going to guess they'll announce season nine will be the end for The Flash, and I would be a little surprised of Stargirl doesn't keep on going somewhere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Supposedly they had to do a new contract with Grant Gustin for another season so I definitely could see them ending it after that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
I know lots of people are done with the Flash but if I had to pick one (and could only pick one :v:) Batwoman is just garbage

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I don't watch Stargirl but other than Superman & Lois the other shows have run their course. Let em go.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Colin Farrell is a charisma and acting ability vacuum.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Scaramouche posted:

:chloe:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Scaramouche posted:

What?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

Scaramouche posted:

Absolutely insane.

What he is is a character actor unfortunately trapped in a leading man’s body.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Absolutely insane.

Cursed with being too drat handsome.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Scaramouche posted:

Maybe you're thinking of Colin Firth? I don't know dude.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
You’d be wrong about Firth too

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Maybe you're thinking of Colin Firth? I don't know dude.

How dare you.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Rhyno posted:

How dare you.

I'm sure he's good too (I haven't seen enough of his stuff) I'm just trying to figure out who they were thinking of because it obviously wasn't Colin Farrell

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Maybe Colin Ferguson?

(apologies to all 7 Eureka fans out there)

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Colin Firth was the only reason to sit through the first two Kingsman movies he's awesome

EDIT-Sorry, not phone posting now. First mistake on my part was that I thought I was in the GBS RLM thread where more absolutist hot takes are de rigueur. But like, the body of work I've seen Colin Farrell in include
Phonebooth
SWAT
Daredevil Bullseye (which suuucked but I can allow that might be a me problem)
Total Recall (2012)
Fright Night (2011)
Fantastic Beasts and etc
Artemis Fowl

You see what I'm getting at here? These are not good movies. The guy's not picky about his projects and doesn't seem to want to elevate the work when that bites him in the rear end.

Scaramouche fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 10, 2022

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Don't people like the Fright Night remake?

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://twitter.com/BingeWatchThis_/status/1501713071630434306https://twitter.com/shehuIkupdates/status/1501712001910939650

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Absolutely insane.

Bullseye.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Maybe Colin Ferguson?

(apologies to all 7 Eureka fans out there)

...the Long Island Railroad shooter?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Scaramouche posted:

Colin Firth was the only reason to sit through the first two Kingsman movies he's awesome

EDIT-Sorry, not phone posting now. First mistake on my part was that I thought I was in the GBS RLM thread where more absolutist hot takes are de rigueur. But like, the body of work I've seen Colin Farrell in include
Phonebooth
SWAT
Total Recall (2012)
Fright Night (2011)
Fantastic Beasts and etc
Artemis Fowl

You see what I'm getting at here? These are not good movies. The guy's not picky about his projects and doesn't seem to want to elevate the work when that bites him in the rear end.

Are you solely pointing out his bad movies or have you somehow never seen any of his actually good movies?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They've announced some of the cast for the CW's Gotham Knights show. This is the one that's not set in the Arrowverse and is about a dead Bruce Wayne and a team made up of a bunch of teenagers.

Announced so far:
Fallon Smythe - Harper Row
Tyler DiChiara - Cullen Row
Olivia Rose Keegan - Duela Dent
Navia Robinson - Carrie Kelley (the article mentions that she is/was Robin)
Oscar Morgan - Turner Hayes - the main character and apparently Bruce Wayne's adopted son. Looking at a wiki it appears that he is a new character?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We all know they're going to do the New 52 super edgy Jokers Daughter with Duella.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

They've announced some of the cast for the CW's Gotham Knights show. This is the one that's not set in the Arrowverse and is about a dead Bruce Wayne and a team made up of a bunch of teenagers.

Announced so far:
Oscar Morgan - Turner Hayes - the main character and apparently Bruce Wayne's adopted son. Looking at a wiki it appears that he is a new character?

Yeah but how long until it’s in the Arrowverse? I’m setting the over under at 2.5 years

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

omg chael crash posted:

Yeah but how long until it’s in the Arrowverse? I’m setting the over under at 2.5 years

I’ve kind of fallen off the Arrowverse post Crisis but that basically explicitly established that everything was part of the same multiverse so “not part of the Arrowverse” just means it’s on another Earth and waits for someone to want to jump around again.

Does CW still want to make Katherine McNamarra a star? I’d put even money that she just shows up first season as a big twist or something.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Scaramouche posted:

A take so bad they should be 100k'd for being GuyMann/Sleeveless because it's the kind of nonsense they would post.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I’ve kind of fallen off the Arrowverse post Crisis but that basically explicitly established that everything was part of the same multiverse so “not part of the Arrowverse” just means it’s on another Earth and waits for someone to want to jump around again.

Does CW still want to make Katherine McNamarra a star? I’d put even money that she just shows up first season as a big twist or something.

There won't be anything left for it to crossover with by the time it's airing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tyler DiChiara is trans so they're making his character, Cullen Row, trans as well which going from the wiki is a change to the character.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Scaramouche posted:

Phonebooth
SWAT
Total Recall (2012)
Fright Night (2011)
Fantastic Beasts and etc
Artemis Fowl

So you didn't see...
The Gentlemen
In Bruges
Minority Report
Crazy Heart
The North Water
The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus?

(I didn't like The Lobster or The Killing of a Sacred Deer, but that's a me problem not a Colin Farrell problem)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Tyler DiChiara is trans so they're making his character, Cullen Row, trans as well which going from the wiki is a change to the character.

I doubt even fewer people remember Cullen Row exists than remembers Harper Row existing. It would be kind of amusing calling out anyone who complains about this in relation to an established character.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Madkal posted:

I doubt even fewer people remember Cullen Row exists than remembers Harper Row existing. It would be kind of amusing calling out anyone who complains about this in relation to an established character.

I guarantee there's already some old white guy bitching about how his favorite character is now a victim of WOKENESS.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Announced so far:

Aside from Carrie Kelley (she was the Robin in Dark Night Returns, right?) I have no idea who any of these characters are

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Skwirl posted:

Aside from Carrie Kelley (she was the Robin in Dark Night Returns, right?) I have no idea who any of these characters are

Harper (and I guess Cullen) appeared in a few comics of Snyder's Batman run, which meant that as soon as Snyder stopped writing Batman they were both quickly forgotten. Harper is your typical extreme super hacker who lives in the Narrows and is really good at electronics and stuff that totally differentiates her from all the other teen Bat characters who are extreme super hackers and are really good at electronics and stuff but don't live in the Narrows.

edit: interesting that they are inventing a completely new adoptive Wayne kid instead of just having Tim Drake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Madkal posted:

Harper (and I guess Cullen) appeared in a few comics of Snyder's Batman run, which meant that as soon as Snyder stopped writing Batman they were both quickly forgotten. Harper is your typical extreme super hacker who lives in the Narrows and is really good at electronics and stuff that totally differentiates her from all the other teen Bat characters who are extreme super hackers and are really good at electronics and stuff but don't live in the Narrows.

Harper's very much a pet character of Snyder's and I don't necessarily mean that in a bad way, but you're right, I think she's been mentioned a little bit since he got off the Bat-books but there's not been much.