Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Heran Bago posted:

I liked when OC walks into HQ after shooting stuff and Sonic says, "you are my best friend and only partner, we do everything together" right in front of Tails, who has to go find a new Sonic and actually does.

Least favorite level select screen in the franchise probably.

Oh good I wasn't the only one that fuckin hated Forces' level select screen.

Infinite's theme basically being some Linkin Park song was perfect. I guess I should go play the Shadow DLC at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Tails is kind of a wuss in Forces so Sonic has probably demoted him from Best Friend.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Today, for the first time in my life, I noticed that Scratch and Grounder are kinda similar to Crow and Tom Servo

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

That loving Sned posted:

Today, for the first time in my life, I noticed that Scratch and Grounder are kinda similar to Crow and Tom Servo

AoStH3K, taking place on the Death Egg of Love

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Robotnik watching movies with those two? gently caress, I'd watch it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You know, Secret Rings? Way worse than 06.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
...but better than Black Knight

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Black Knight has the better theme song tho.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Absolutely not lol.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

In what universe

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Black Knight has the better theme song tho.

Hell yeah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FASUZRYs0fM

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

What? No. I mean Black Knight is pretty bad too, but no.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Both Black Knight and Secret Rings sucks poo poo, why argue over which sucks poo poo less

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

It's illegal to not argue on the internet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIrh_ZvlzP8

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I played Black Knight and found it entirely devoid of fun, like there's nothing in the game that makes me go "heh that was cool" or "oh that's p clever actually". It absolutely fails as a videogame to me.

I watched an LP of Secret Rings and it looks absolutely frustrating to play and has massive structural, pacing and difficulty issues, but it also seems like the levels had a modicum of thought put into them, like the designers wanted you to chain cool actions together (if it works is another matter) and some of the red rings are hidden in clever spots that require some thought and skill to get. Hard to say without playing it myself, but it seems like it has potential to be fun while I haven't found that in Black Knight at all.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

I can guarantee you there is no fun to be had (soundtrack aside)

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

For my part I played Secret Rings and tried forcing myself through it but I mostly hated it cuz it was just so unwieldy to control for me and I can't really remember any part of it where I went "oh hey this is kinda fun" I think I slogged through till fighting that evil genie once then gave up, so when Black Knight came out and I saw it was the same style of game I just refused to give it a chance.

My strongest memory from the game is honestly the theme song constantly repeating SEVEN RINGS IN HAND rather then any of the actual gameplay or w/e.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The controls are really just a complete killer. I'm sure they clicked for some people but they're a completely unnecessary gimmick.

Secret Rings literally only looked good because 06 was such a disappointment after being incredibly ambitious and it at least was trying something new both gameplay and thematically.

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

It's me.

I'm gonna rock the place.

wateyad
Nov 17, 2007

The power of the Outsider is

...dat ass
:yosbutt:
It has been a long time since I played it but my memory of Secret Rings was spending three hours absolutely hating the experience of fumbling through comparatively forgiving parts then finding a mission that required absolute precision to get anywhere and through refusing to give up at that hitting a point of "oh hey, I'm getting the hang of this now" and proceeding to enjoy the rest of the game.

I never played Black Knight because everything I saw of it looked like it consisted entirely of the fumbling through a thing that's kind of half playing itself parts with the actual videogame you can find underneath if you bash head against it in the right way for long enough surgically removed.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

sonic origins isn't real

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Black Knight has a better soundtrack, controls better (not saying much), and has Shadow say ridiculous things, it's significantly better than Secret Rings which is perhaps the only mainline Sonic game worse than 06.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Sonic 06 is way the gently caress more fun than Black Knight

and Shadow

and SA2

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Whoa what the gently caress

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Simply Simon posted:

Abso-loving-lutely not and no amount of historical revisionism will make it so.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

sonic origins isn't real

you take that back

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

beep by grandpa posted:

sonic origins isn't real

Stop reminding me, I want to believe. That would require Sega to actually hire the Taxman again and they show no signs of being that competent

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Sonic Origins is cancelled because of Launch Base Zone music.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i have a soft spot for black knight but it comes entirely from the soundtrack, story, and setting. secret rings is, tbqh, definitely the better execution of that gameplay style, even with the awkward motion controls for movement. black knight's sword combat is very one note and there's a lot of it.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Heran Bago posted:

It's me.

I'm gonna rock the place

Place

Place

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I have played both and the secret rings main game is so, so much worse than black knight it's an insult to g-d Himself to compare the two

But secret rings also has the best party game in the sonic franchise just hidden in the menus for some reason. They made a whole rear end Mario Party and just didn't bother to tell anybody about it

A Cup of Ramen
Oct 16, 2012

Oi wot, is it a whole rear end board game or just mini games cuz I sure as hell don't remember that poo poo at all.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Oi wot, is it a whole rear end board game or just mini games cuz I sure as hell don't remember that poo poo at all.

Minigames, it’s under the option called “Party” on the main menu

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Simply Simon posted:

and Shadow

and SA2

Not agreed on the last one but, because of how poorly made sonic 06 is, it is genuinely a more fun and enjoyable experience than most other 3D sonic games

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
https://twitter.com/geanimation/status/1501376329505116163

Nack/Fang aka the best long dead character is getting new merch. What a world we live in.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Palmtree Panic posted:

Nack/Fang aka the best long dead character is getting new merch. What a world we live in.

Technically he did make a cameo in Mania

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

Funky Valentine posted:

Abso-loving-lutely not and no amount of historical revisionism will make it so.
Are you just using random words or what

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Palmtree Panic posted:

these new plushes own. i just bought the mephiles plush myself

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

praying for a honey plush

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

It’s bizarre to me that they’re making Mephiles plushes in 2022. Or in any year, even.

On the subject of Black Knight I never played it firsthand but the music and story were both surprisingly good.