Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

"Pat Lee" drawn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

CzarChasm posted:

Looking for a specific page or two. I think it's post civil war, but pre One More Day. Spider-Man and MJ are living in Avenger's tower, Peter is missing, or gravely injured or assumed dead, several people are trying to comfort MJ and Wolverine comes in and starts hitting on her. She smacks him and threatens to kill him. On the surface it's a real shithead maneuver, but he explains that with his attitude he helped snap her out of her funk and gave her something else to focus on rather than her dying husband.

It's not exactly "touching", but Wolverine kind of helping out in the only way he can.

Marvel Knights Spider-Man #21:

No derails about the art please.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I always thought the Spider-man family lives with the Avengers was neat.To bad it got derailed by civil war so it barely went anywhere

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Eden: It's an Endless World

Bro Dad fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Jan 4, 2022

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Action Jacktion posted:

Marvel Knights Spider-Man #21:

No derails about the art please.

Ignoring the art, that's still dumb as poo poo.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Look, Logan is a contender for World Champion of Bad Decisions, he's doing his best to help the only way he knows how: by making more bad decisions.

E: I *get* what they're going for with it, but it doesn't really work. Still sweet of him to try, at least.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's dumb as poo poo if you actually read X-Men comics with Wolverine in them. He's a positive mentor to many young women without ever being creepy or weird.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Skwirl posted:

It's dumb as poo poo if you actually read X-Men comics with Wolverine in them. He's a positive mentor to many young women without ever being creepy or weird.

Ok, but she's a redhead.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Push El Burrito posted:

Ok, but she's a redhead.

Just imagine i posted the image of the neurons activated monkey.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

How Wonderful! posted:

This isn't the piracy thread and it's a can of worms so let's please move on. In general if I see a page or a panel with a watermark I just edit it out on my own and edit the original post rather than probate it, which I've just gone ahead and done with the post quoting the original DIE post. I usually catch these pretty fast but I slept in today and then took my time eating a bagel on the porch.

As for DIE, one of the big set pieces of the second to last issue really got to me. The premise of the comic is basically a twist on the old 80's D&D cartoon: a bunch of kids got sucked into their ttrpg campaign 30 years ago and really had a bad time. Now they're all middle-aged and have moved on with their lives, until they get sucked in again. One of them, a guy named Ash with a wife and a nice house, manifests in the DIE world as a woman. How he feels about this is one of the recurring threads in the series. This all comes to a head when, in the midst of a climactic Tolkien rift, the party is barred by a big scary balrog-version of Ash's character, who they all quickly suss out is sort of an avatar of repression. So it's time for Ash to confront that repression.

I just wanted to thank you for sharing this here. I finally had the time to read through it and it was a hell of a trip.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
This is gonna require some set up but hang with me. Fantastic Four: Life Story #6 is a story where there is no sliding time scale and the FF/the whole Marvel Universe have aged in real time since their introduction in the 60s. It's now 2016 and Dr. Doom is staging a big global takeover with some more powerful than usual Doombots (turns out he got his hands on some vibranium) and he's gotten pretty far along. Some younger heroes like Miles Morales and Ironheart and Captain Marvel are trying to fight Doom to little success. Which means Susan Storm decides she has to do something. Oh also Johnny's dead and Reed's in a vegetative state due to other adventures

but she has little help getting it. Anyway, the heroes are making a stand and it looks like they're gonna get smoked until Sue, the Thing, Black Panther (Shuri), and Iron Man show up and help everyone waste all the Doombots attacking Symkaria. Doom gets real pissed when he gets the news and shows up in person with a much bigger army.

I was flip-flopping between putting this here or in the badass thread but in the end it is always inspiring to see Captain America deck a fascist.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

TwoPair posted:

I was flip-flopping between putting this here or in the badass thread but in the end it is always inspiring to see Captain America deck a fascist.

How long can thread titles be?

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
This is really good Markus/McFeely/MCU-ish Captain America dialogue!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Thought I was in the other thread and was expecting Sue to do the bubble trick.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I love Captain America when he's written right.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
yeah like in Spencer's secret empire

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is a good page but the idea of Marvel publishing. "The younger generation is worthless and needs old fucks to tell them what to do" really reads gross to me.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well you know it's an obvious fantasy because the previous generation actually wants to help fix a problem they created.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Well you know it's an obvious fantasy because the previous generation actually wants to help fix a problem they created.

In fairness, neither Cap nor Sue are Boomers.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Is that like Doom Jr. or something? That's a lot of contractions for Doom. Doom would use only Doomtractions.

Muscles Bonito
Oct 24, 2021
Doom'nt

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

Source: New Mutants (2019) #24
They resurrected the original Thunderbird, who iconically died like a chump in his first adventure. His brother's been through a lot.

It's a drat good book!

EDIT: From the same issue:

Rahne's also had a rough time, as she's had to deal with coexisting with her demigod-child's murderer (Guido "former king of hell" Carusela), learning that the child might be alive but can't be located, and being manipulated by The Shadow King. Also, she and Dani are soulmates though their relationship status is ambiguous.

Suleman fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 13, 2022

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

From X-Men Unlimited Infinity comics #15. Never waste an oportunity to hug your bro.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Juggernaut and Black Tom?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

CzarChasm posted:

Juggernaut and Black Tom?

Seems like it. I will have to go read these now.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Good bro moment.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
From Asuperu Kanojo, localized in English as That’s My Atypical Girl. The main characters, who are some form of autistic, visited the female mc’s dad, who abused her and is dying. Read right to left

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Batman #27 (2017)

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Well, take a fun catch phrase from a cartoon and give it a heartbreaking backstory, why don't you?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Well, take a fun catch phrase from a cartoon and give it a heartbreaking backstory, why don't you?

Other way round

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah Tom King was the one who brought back Kite Man, gave him the catchphrase and then that backstory.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Clay Mann's art on that also belongs in the Good/Bad Art thread, and not because it's bad. It's very reminiscent of Casaday at his best.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I think it was this very thread where I discovered Vinland Saga for the first time, and now we're back.

It is very difficult to convey why this moment hits as hard as it does (maybe not so much if you don't have the full context) without going through the entire plot of Vinland Saga, but to summarize: Thorfinn is at the end of a very, very long journey strewn with victims of his personal vendetta, one of whom is Hild. Even better is this moment just... comes out of nowhere. It isn't prompted by some kind of grand gesture or personal sacrifice, it's just an average afternoon. It's the tipping point of a long, slow culmination of so much, the recognition of which is difficult to overstate.

Full-on lump in my throat time.

Chapter 191, Right to Left.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 5, 2022

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Thank you for sharing, that rules.

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

I've yet to catch up on a bunch of Vinland Saga, could you post chapter # so I know if I can click?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Rhaka posted:

I've yet to catch up on a bunch of Vinland Saga, could you post chapter # so I know if I can click?

#191, so quite recent

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Yeah that's literally the latest chapter as of right now. (Excluding a comedy "extra chapter.")

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Mikl posted:

Yeah that's literally the latest chapter as of right now. (Excluding a comedy "extra chapter.")

I have wonderful news for you chapter 192 is out!

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

How Wonderful! posted:

#191, so quite recent

Gotcha. Time for that catch-up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The mangaka for Chainsaw Man, Tatsuki Fujimoto, put out a one shot today and you can read it here for free - https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/titles/100188
It's a very sombre affair, and posting panels would spoil it, but well worth a read.

Trigger warning: Suicide