Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ok for real whos your team
This poll is closed.
The Green Bay Packers 81 35.53%
The Chicago Bears 52 22.81%
The Minnesota Vikings 42 18.42%
The Detroit Lions 53 23.25%
Total: 228 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Apples McGrind posted:

$153 mil guaranteed, but year-to-year he can leave whenever he wants? Good lord, the post-Rodgers crash is going to be spectacular.

Also, goes without saying, but it will be so funny if they don't get a Super Bowl after all this.

Is he on McCafee saying this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Well now that I know Rodgers is coming back I guess now I can pay attention to free agency and draft stuff.

Free agency looks like it'll be largely locking up Adams/Campbell/Douglas. I don't expect the Packers to make a play for anyone outside the team.

Draft should be WR -> TE -> edge rusher -> DT. Za'Darius probably gone this year or next.

Apples McGrind
Oct 13, 2013

Breaking News: Pat McAfee confirms the details of the "cap friendly deal". the packers only have to pay for aaron's kitchen renovation. "the stove he wants is top of the line" says McAfee. everyone is happy.

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I never listened to McAfee but tried the other day and found that he sucks? Weird how he got that massive deal.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

xbilkis posted:

The only silver lining is that the length of the deal allows me to fantasize about the possibility of a “Farve ending” to Rodgers’s time in Green Bay. All I ask is for one washed up season where his throws to an inexplicably-wide-open Davante Adams are ducks that get picked off, and where his efforts to extend plays end in a sack. It’s all Bears fans can ask for

His arm is going to be cooked before the end of the contract. Old QB's start showing their age in cold weather games.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

MJeff posted:

Alright nobody cares about loser bitch fraud QB let's get some REAL NFC North news in here.

https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1501241625258901504

This looks like a good deal. Go Lions.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
The Seahawks just clowned on Aaron Rodgers again with the Wilson trade dominating the news.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Assuming every player whose skeleton detonated within days of each other last season comes back healthy, the Lions offense should be:

QB Jared Goff
RB D’Andre Swift
RB Jamaal Williams
WR Sun God
WR Josh Reynolds
WR Quintez Cephus
2022 First or Second Round WR
2022 ??? Round WR
TE TJ Hockenson
2022 ??? Round TE

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
https://twitter.com/aaronrodgers12/status/1501282463632568322?s=21

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Didnt the Bears offer the Seahawks three first rounders for Wilson last year?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

MJeff posted:

Didnt the Bears offer the Seahawks three first rounders for Wilson last year?

Yes but the Seahawks decided to run it back one more year.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1501281386254061570

I'm guessing Rodgers and Wilson would've brought in similar compensation; Rodgers has been better but Wilson is five years younger.

I gotta say that I would've been disappointed with that return if the Packers did the same deal with Denver. Maybe Wilson is done and it'll end up being a steal for Seattle, but gently caress, being on the QB market sucks.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Aaron Rodgers must feel so owned by news of the Russ trade as a convoy of Brinks trucks parks outside.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Russ is washed as poo poo. :lol:, Denver.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

He’s looked bad for long stretches but he’s also had poo poo coaching and the roster is terribly constructed on the offensive side. If Hackett is decent he will likely have Russ looking pretty drat good.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
MIN going to get a haul for Kirk.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

He was also clearly playing hurt.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Uhhhh, y'sure about that?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

The Vikings beat both the Seahawks and the Packers last year, so I'm forced to conclude that Kirk is worth 3 firsts

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

xbilkis posted:

The only silver lining is that the length of the deal allows me to fantasize about the possibility of a “Farve ending” to Rodgers’s time in Green Bay. All I ask is for one washed up season where his throws to an inexplicably-wide-open Davante Adams are ducks that get picked off, and where his efforts to extend plays end in a sack. It’s all Bears fans can ask for

Rodgers is the same age as me and if my experience is anything to go by his body will soon start falling apart and he’ll start wishing he was dead haha

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
How many poop cleanses have you done recently though?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

sponges posted:

Rodgers is the same age as me and if my experience is anything to go by his body will soon start falling apart and he’ll start wishing he was dead haha

Eat more clay

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

MacheteZombie posted:

Eat more clay

No.

Put it in your butt!!!

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Not sure what else Seattle could have done, other than Metcalf they had zero other help for Wilson, and a small window to work with.

At least the Packers have the pieces to be competitive for 2-4 more years with Rodgers.

Though I’m not sure how Wilson’s situation improves going to Denver.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Abugadu posted:

Not sure what else Seattle could have done, other than Metcalf they had zero other help for Wilson, and a small window to work with.

At least the Packers have the pieces to be competitive for 2-4 more years with Rodgers.

Though I’m not sure how Wilson’s situation improves going to Denver.

Lockett is really good. Metcalf is overrated but a great pairing with Russ. That said their offense was just really uncreative, all boom and bust plays and very little in the way of chain movers, plus Pete’s insistence on relying on a run game that didn’t work and a defense that couldn’t get off the field for half the season. Seattle is just not a well built team.

Denver has more talent pretty much across the board and presumably Hackett will run a fairly QB friendly system like Lafleur so I can see Russ doing well there.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I thought Denver was one of those teams that have a good roster, just need a good qb.

Should be a better situation for Wilson. Good haul for Seattle too.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Qaron Rodgers: Yeah, I wrote my name on the contract

Shmtur
Jul 23, 2005

mercenarynuker posted:

He did not create joinder.

Shrimpy
May 18, 2004

Sir, I'm going to need to see your ticket.

Super excited to find the creative way to interpret "playing with" that leaves us with Jordan Love, starting quarterback.

e: He's going to become a Twitch streamer with Kurt Benkert and AJ Dillion.

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

The Russel Wilson trade makes the Lions already comically easy schedule... easier.

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hizawk posted:

The Russel Wilson trade makes the Lions already comically easy schedule... easier.

Pumped for 8-9

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

mercenarynuker posted:

Yes the contract is signed.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
I mean Rodgers is basically doing what Brady did.

Didn’t really work for Brady either

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

He's a Leader

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

It would be so loving funny if Mitch went to Pittsburgh and became a Top 10, 4000 yard passer. No joke I would love to see it happen

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

That CBS Sports again?

Does Trubisky’s mom work there or something?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

GNU Order posted:

It would be so loving funny if Mitch went to Pittsburgh and became a Top 10, 4000 yard passer. No joke I would love to see it happen

I'm hoping he is wildly successful because he seems like a nice dude and that would be the most hilarious outcome.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Would you say he's a baller, a shot-caller?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

Russ is not cooked lmao